Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2023 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Since Shizuna isn't the type that opens up to others easily, Rentarou had to resort to a ...punishment game. It's a classic trope in these type of shows but I kinda had to face palm myself for this strategy.

On the other hand, it's almost admirable that Rentarou would do anything to help the girls get along. Still, this episode had a lot of energy. Props to also letting the show give the three girls introduced so far more time, before adding in more cast members.
Oct 29, 2023 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Tickling? Lmao.

Despite being bewildered by the unexpected third girlfriend, both Hakari and Karane warmly welcomed Shizuka, appreciating Rentarou's sincere attitude. Rentarou made various attempts to break the ice with the still somewhat reserved trio. However, Shizuka seemed to hold back. So, Rentarou decided to put his secret plan into action using a card game. It was a "Let's all tickle the last-place person, laugh together, and become friends strategy" with the loser facing a penalty.

Ah, the gymnastics for risque situations never cease to entertain. In this instance, it's clearly meant for comedic effect. I'm particularly enjoying the introduction of the Shizuka, alongside the familiar archetypes. This series has truly been a delightful experience. The fourth-wall break in these episodes are incredibly well-executed. I was half-expecting this to turn into a typical harem scenario, but it's pleasantly surprising to see the narrative avoid the cliche of juggling a hundred girls and their romantic pursuits. Instead, I'm guessing that some of the characters will face significant challenges or even tragic fates.

Everyone's been kissed now. Rentarou you lucky son of a bitch.
IzanaSolosOct 29, 2023 7:01 AM

Oct 29, 2023 6:58 AM

May 2020
Believe me, a guy introducing his one girlfriend to his another girlfriend isn’t normal xD Though rest assured, we’d have this same sequence a few times more in this season.

But I like how Rentarou is always uber confident whenever he starts talking about things he likes/notices about his girlfriends… can’t blame the three when they fall harder and harder after every such instance lol. Though putting that aside, since Rentarou’s a very faithful boyfriend, who cares a LOT about his girlfriends, just so Shizuka could open up a bit to other girls, he again suggested one of his games… the old maid with a twist.

The winner would get to tickle the last place… so goes without saying girls would be willing to LOSE at any cost lol. Now Karane might have retained her sanity after the first round, but for Hakari, she was about to leak lmaoooooo. So, please be modest while laughing it out( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°). Anyways, Shizuka making laughing noises with her text-to-speech app had me dying lol, but that’s just the way she is.

At the end of the day, girls reconciled.. though in a better sense, they became good friends. No holding back from now on. Again props to Rentarou, and his plans lol.

Shizuka got the kiss, Hakari got the kiss, and Karane got the kiss as well. Some groundbreaking feat for a harem anime lol, throwing kisses like that.
Oct 29, 2023 7:32 AM

Feb 2021
5:42 Ah yes, it's this part of Japanese culture where you have to hold your business card lower than the person you're talking to. You can find more about that here: https://youtu.be/kh0qYdDl4IE?si=LGM6mmAjzsOKjBzn
Karane being tickled is still one of my favorite moments in this.
The kisses! They are precious!
Really good episode again! I smiled a lot while watching this.
EmbientOct 29, 2023 7:38 AM
Oct 29, 2023 7:39 AM

Apr 2022
gotta love more fourth wall breaks. hakari stays being the best and she really melted after getting tickled lol, i'm glad they're getting all the right angles with her as well. blud really said bussing. nah but more shizuka cuteness and getting poked really is actually way more ticklish than it seems. kisses all around, tickles all around, rentarou's winning and everyone is winning. more of karane's punches around too.
Oct 29, 2023 8:08 AM
Aug 2016
Adaptation continues to be godly, Karane showcases her confidence appeal and helps Shizuka to be honest, Rentarou being big brained rizzgod, sweet casual kissing (which manga has probably record amount, I don't remember what romcom have more), relationship between them all deepening, so nice!
Oct 29, 2023 8:18 AM
Jan 2018
Perfection, the animators are pulling all the stops on this one!
Oct 29, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2021
I really doubt "Rentaro-kun", "Karane", "Hakari" were in the book she was reading...
Oct 29, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2016
Is Hakari's horny laugh(?) a sound humans even make? Don't think my lungs will ever recover from that LMAO

At this point I'd be surprised if Shizuka's books didn't have a line that was perfectly appropriate for her current situation.
Oct 29, 2023 8:27 AM
Aug 2022
Rentaro is somehow a really good mc and Shizuka is the most precious girl ever she must be protected.

I’m still mad curious to see how the author writes in 100 unique girlfriends and manages to give them all individual time.

I feel like each of these girls could be put in their own separate romance story.
Oct 29, 2023 8:33 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
I really doubt "Rentaro-kun", "Karane", "Hakari" were in the book she was reading...
@MadanielFL Rentaro said at the start (about 2 mins in) that he added the names in the modified second volume version he sent her
Oct 29, 2023 8:56 AM
Jul 2015
My god! This series is so bad… just a lot of fan service. No story, no character development, but well, I suppose there’s audience for anything and if you’re enjoy it that’s the important thing.
Oct 29, 2023 9:01 AM

Dec 2022
With Hakari and Karane always at each others throats competing for Rentarou's attention, I sure as hell wouldn't want to step in between that. Shizuka has every reason to be terrified. That bit with Rentarou noticing details about the girls really has me sold on how much he loves each of them. I especially liked that scene where the girls convinced Shizuka that Rentarou belongs to her just as much as them.
Pinkie is still my favorite by a long shot, but I can definitely enjoy the feeling of family I get from watching all the girls together.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Oct 29, 2023 9:07 AM

May 2022
Very wholesome episode.
Oct 29, 2023 9:11 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to cedwino
My god! This series is so bad… just a lot of fan service. No story, no character development, but well, I suppose there’s audience for anything and if you’re enjoy it that’s the important thing.
@cedwino
It is definitely no ecchi in terms of fanservice. I would have preferred if it had more fanservice.
Oct 29, 2023 9:12 AM

Sep 2017
Forget the girls, Rentarou is the real catch here.

Oct 29, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to cedwino
cedwino said:

>Episode specifically dedicated for girls character building and forming relationship between all 4 main character
>He sees "lots of fan service"

Okay, someone is trope illiterate and don't know what is story and character development. You know what "fanservice" even means? Because there was barely some and it wasn't the focus, seems like haven't watched much harems or ecchi series since you say bullshit like this.
Oct 29, 2023 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
There's too much sugar in this.
Oct 29, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2015
Another cute and funny episode. I love how the girls welcomed Shizuka and, after some trouble, learned to get along pretty fast. So far, I like all the characters and each girl's unique vibe with Rentarou.
Oct 29, 2023 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL At the start of the episode Rentaro explains to Shizuka that he added the names of classmates in the app, so that's your explanation. Also, if you pay attention you can notice a small pause whenever she adds names in the text, meaning she chooses the names separately and then adds quotes.

:)
Oct 29, 2023 9:31 AM

Jan 2021
Best way to integrate a new character in the dinamic that they had already

I LOVE THIS

AND THE KISS SCENE WENT WILD AF

Oct 29, 2023 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
Aijo really is intelligent, does a lot for his girlfriends and also deeply cares about them. Loving the protag, the girls and also good animation and art style with good comedy. My favorite romantic & harem show this season.
Oct 29, 2023 9:38 AM

Mar 2020
Everyone's getting along, and a kiss for all...

The punishment game was fun, another one of Rentarou's "genius" ideas, and obviously it led to the girls purposely losing or winning depending on what they wanted. Nice to see the girls interact with one another without Rentarou around as well, and I really love how observant Rentarou is to situations and having the awareness to step away and let the girls talk to each other alone. A whole lot of fun all around.

Harem anime generally have a low standard, but this one is pleasantly surprising me a lot. While it has a lot of typical tropes, they're effectively executed, and there are plenty of wholesome moments as well. This could genuinely make a case to be my favourite anime of this genre if it keeps it up.
Oct 29, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2021
cedwino said:

Story isn't necessary for a series to be good, it's just a way to set the series in motion, and if you didn't see character development in this episode, then you shouldn't be the kinda guy to judge character development quality at all lmao
Oct 29, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2020
That was a sweet episode.
Oct 29, 2023 9:45 AM
May 2015
This Episode needs to go to Horny Jail. There were some wholesome things too of course which were nice. I'm still very torn on if I like this anime or want to drop it due to its ridiculous unbelievability, which I know is intentional by design. Its definitely not my normal type of show, but it's so well made that I find myself coming back each week.
Oct 29, 2023 9:49 AM
Aug 2020
great episode, i also need this kind of harem
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 29, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2022
OMGGG THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE YET!!!
Oct 29, 2023 9:53 AM
May 2017
Reply to cedwino
@cedwino You are looking at it from a bad angle. This is first of all a comedy series. There is no overall story to progress here, the closest thing would be that we know the MC in on a journey to obtain 100 GFs. But the series doesn't focus on this, they are introduced after some time has passed.

I guess what I am trying to say is, this series is something you watch because you find it funny and you like the characters. If you are looking for a deep story, one that makes characters evolve and change over time, then this isn't it. It's like asking for character development in a slapstick comedy film.
Oct 29, 2023 10:07 AM

May 2021
I gave a hearty laugh.

Oct 29, 2023 10:16 AM
Nov 2022
i love the breaking 4th wall jokes
also
Rentaro the Sigma gigachad of an mc🗿
Oct 29, 2023 10:50 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Not sure how Rentarou came to the conclusion that tickling was a good idea to have the girls get along but it was very fun to watch with each girl’s different reaction to being the tickler or being tickled, when they were on the receiving end it was pretty reminiscent of a particularly famous scene from “Monogatari” where something that shouldn’t be dirty ended up becoming that, Hakari even had to check herself afterward which I wasn’t expecting lol.

And I guess the ticking did something right after all, because the girls did end up getting along once Rentarou left them alone, it was a bit bumpy but they got there. Then the man smooched up his three girlfriends which once again was great to see the different reactions from each girl, as well as how Rentarou treated each of them. I especially loved how he buttered up Karane before tonguing her down as well lol, I’m ngl I’m definitely leaning towards her as my best girl, helps that I love tsundere’s generally too lol.

And lastly, I actually read “smol-floof” in the subs didn’t I, I don’t really mind it tho, fits right in the show lol.
Oct 29, 2023 10:56 AM

Oct 2017
That was actually really sweet and adorable. I'm glad all three of his girlfriends came to an understanding. Also the tickling went to risky territory.
Oct 29, 2023 11:05 AM
Feb 2011
My boy finally got a hat-trick. Also, I really like to see Hakari's facial expressions when she is horny.
Oct 29, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 2022
cedwino said:

who would have thought an anime about 100 girlfriends would have fan service
Oct 29, 2023 11:53 AM

Jan 2019
They did not need to go that hard with the two suits dueling with their business cards, but they did.

Oct 29, 2023 11:57 AM
Aug 2016
This show is freaking hilarious, "Ecsta-Pee" bruh I can't 😂😂

Can't wait for the other 97 girls to show up, this will turn out to be one of the funniest shows hahaha
Oct 29, 2023 11:59 AM
Jul 2021
GYATyoruichi said:
cedwino said:

who would have thought an anime about 100 girlfriends would have fan service

Well to be fair, the fanservice is *VERY* tame compared to your average... anime in general, sure some horny stuff happens but it's not really fanservice as much as it's meant to be a joke

And if the kissing is fanservice then... uh well honestly it is fanservice but not in the "bad horny anime" way

And to add to that, I don't see why fanservice done in a lighthearted setting could be bad, especially considering when the series tries to be serious, it avoids fanservice so that you can take characters seriously, Lextorias made an excellent video about this topic, I recommend you seek their channel and check their analysis video on fanservice, it's actually quite fascinating
Oct 29, 2023 12:01 PM
Nov 2016
Now that's a real protagonist! No waste time!
Oct 29, 2023 12:02 PM

Feb 2020
holy fuck peak fiction strikes again
MORE MoRE GET MoRE GIRFLRENDS RENTAROU!!! KISS THEM ALL AND ESPECIALLY THE CUTE LITTLE GIRLS CHUU CHUU

Oct 29, 2023 12:08 PM

Sep 2018
I never imagined a harem show could be this wholesome, I'm starting to enjoy this unironically. Rentaro is super adorable and I love how the girls are rooting for each other!! (ˊᗜˋ)و ♡
Oct 29, 2023 12:12 PM
Dec 2022
i love it.. i hope the other 97 grilfriends are like the first 3! i love all 3 of them!
Oct 29, 2023 12:19 PM
Oct 2016
3 Done 97 to go. Keep it up Boy 👍
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2023
The two businessmen fighting was intense
Oct 29, 2023 12:25 PM

Sep 2018
It's so silly, so cute and just so so so wholesome.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 29, 2023 12:39 PM
Jul 2016
A funny stereotype about polycules is that they fucking love board games lmao. Makes sense, since it's an activity that works well for 3+ people lol.

Rentaro's family is gonna need a LOT of board games lmao. Bro's gonna have his own village at the end of the series lmao.
Oct 29, 2023 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
Bruh what even is bussing? Wtf.

It's cool that the girlfriends reconciled with each other so fast. I wonder if this is going to happen every time a new girlfriend is added. And will there be any actual conflict in the future? Between the girlfriends I mean.

Hakari seems to be more of the lewd type than the yandere type which I initially thought. Her reactions are ridiculous but somehow they're also very sexy. Her voice actress is killing it.

Man, Shizuka is really really cute. They ain't lying, looking at her makes me want to protect her.

I guess Karane isn't as bad as I thought she was. But she's still my least favorite so far. It's incredible that Rentaro can see the good in every girl he dates. Something probably only he can do.
Oct 29, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 2022
legitimately funny show. less mocking the harem stories as both highlighting the major flaw of continuous conflict by addressing it and making for new interesting interactions in doing so.

obviously, the harem is gonna be the focus throughout, but I wouldn't mind a few scenes showing the ladies as friends/supporters even in Rentaro's absence. It's hard to imagine the show having time for that with the promised 100 unless some come into the group as friends (gotta happen eventually), but it'd still be nice.
Oct 29, 2023 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to LucenProject
legitimately funny show. less mocking the harem stories as both highlighting the major flaw of continuous conflict by addressing it and making for new interesting interactions in doing so.

obviously, the harem is gonna be the focus throughout, but I wouldn't mind a few scenes showing the ladies as friends/supporters even in Rentaro's absence. It's hard to imagine the show having time for that with the promised 100 unless some come into the group as friends (gotta happen eventually), but it'd still be nice.
@LucenProject

I'd guess from the OP and ED that we get 5 girls this season, also they are shown spending time together without Rentaro so I'm hopeful we will get some girl only screen time.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 29, 2023 1:17 PM

Sep 2017
Hooray, more 4th wall breaks. I'm glad those jokes weren't a first episode only thing. Anyway is 60% of this series gonna take place on the school roof lmao.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

177 by GureJoestar »»
Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2023

141 by GureJoestar »»
May 29, 7:39 AM

» Hakari looks like Momo from To Love-Ru

JustSomeone15 - May 25

10 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
May 25, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

105 by alexw1020 »»
May 16, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

136 by Hither »»
May 12, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.