Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this episode got serious, like very serious. Felt bad for Mirai's mom tbh...

It was at that point that Rei and Kazuki should accept as parent guardians, or at least her protective guardians. Mirai justs wants to have people around her to enjoy life so it's important now than ever that they are with her.
Mar 24, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2020
i hope miri won't hesitate asking her two dad to cover all her therapy fee, for however many years it would be
Mar 24, 2023 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I can’t lie this kinda ruined the show for me man. It was already bad enough Miri mama was dying of cancer but then to pull this shit is just horrible. You take both of her parents like this.. she’s going to be broken for life.

Plot device to get rei to turn on his dad I guess, but felt like they could’ve done other stuff. Most people probably won’t let it get to them like that, but I can only speak for how I feel. Doesn’t feel like anything will be resolved in one episode, needs another cour.
Marinate1016Mar 24, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 24, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2022
I never thought I would cry at this anime in the beginning . At first I hated the mothers guts for leaving motherhood to follow her dream but after seeing that she truly wanted to be a better mother.

I started BALLING my eyes out after her death , one more episode and it's all over . . .
Mar 24, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2020
“This would traumatize Miri so bad.” Is my entire thought this episode.

Kazuki and Rei are both feeling the emptiness Miri left. It looks like Rei’s father is still keeping close watch on them, enough to send an assassin.

Just when Miri’s mom has started to put in effort to raise Miri her life is cut short while her daughter is sleeping. Imagine how would you explain to Miri that her mom just died when she’s asleep, and not to mention her biological father.

It seems that Miri only has Kazuki and Rei in her life now. But how will this show resolve everything in the last episode?
Mar 24, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
No pressure, but other anime just end with lead characters of the same sex kiss and have sex in the last episode, again, no pressure!!!
Mar 24, 2023 10:42 AM

Oct 2022
phantomfandom said:
No pressure, but other anime just end with lead characters of the same sex kiss and have sex in the last episode, again, no pressure!!!

Don't try to shoehorn in a romance where one doesn't exist. It's Buddy Daddies, not Banging Daddies.
Mar 24, 2023 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
The emptiness of the Buddy Daddies's house without Miri, it's back to the same old environment that Kazuki and Rei aren't quite used to after a long while. Their constant thoughts that Miri has been nourished well by her mother, and Rei thinking that he should go back home while Kazuki downsizes his home, it's back to reality for the two. Kazuki is jobless, while Rei is reinstated and planned into inheritance from his father's business, which can be a hypocritical choice. Miri's innocence of not knowing that her biological father is long gone and only leaving her mother around, she's going to have to work double as hard, that with Rei's father insisting that Miri should be gotten rid off, this rubs Rei the wrong way of any assassin job that doesn't involve them.

Sadly, as much as the shocking news came abrupt, Kazuki is unfortunately one step too late to saving Miri's mother in a way that Miri was soundly asleep, one would wonder how her world could collapse when she hears that both of her parents were dead. To keep Miri safe, there is only one place: Kyutaro's safehouse that the Suwa family doesn't know about. Turns out that even Kyutaro is sideswiped by Rei's father of his extremist ideologies to even get rid of children, and sadly now, both Rei and Kazuki have to take drastic measures. Rei is increasingly becoming what Kazuki was at the very beginning, and the latter is now fearing of running away from his problems.

Parental duties are back in fold, and getting out of the hitman business to become full-time fathers, how will the finale conclude everything?
Mar 24, 2023 10:52 AM
May 2016
Best episode for two reasons:
1. Rei and Kazuki want to be Miri's dads full time
2. Miri's Mom died, and that's a big W for me
Mar 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
Damn what did Miri do to deserve this, this is just too cruel.
Mar 24, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2016
Damn this is so bad, they try so hard to rush drama and action now that there is only 1 episode left.
Introduce a character just to kill it in the next one -> Bad guy just wanna do bad things because he is bad -> The protagonist duo, experts assassins, can't do shit about it.
Also wtf, 3 shots in the room next to her, her mom died, they all talked, the police made lots of noices, they grab her and move her to a whole different place, and yet Miri never ever woke up, just at the end of it all, trash writing.
So fkng baad 😴😴😴
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 24, 2023 11:04 AM
Sep 2021
StallionXD said:
Damn this is so bad, they try so hard to rush drama and action now that there is only 1 episode left.
Introduce a character just to kill it in the next one -> Bad guy just wanna do bad things because he is bad -> The protagonist duo, experts assassins, can't do shit about it.
Also wtf, 3 shots in the room next to her, her mom died, they all talked, the police made lots of noices, they grab her and move her to a whole different place, and yet Miri never ever woke up, just at the end of it all, trash writing.
So fkng baad 😴😴😴

You don't have kids do you ?

That's why you think it's bad writing.. -_-
Mar 24, 2023 11:11 AM

Mar 2020
I really don't know how to feel about this, Miri's going to be broken once she finds out the truth. I felt they rushed through the conflict here, and with one episode left, I don't see how they could wrap this up right. Would be surprised if we didn't get another cour, because this feels far from finished. Much of my thoughts on this series as a whole will depend on how this gets resolved.
McsuperMar 24, 2023 11:36 AM
Mar 24, 2023 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
I guess it was the only way to them to be together, it was either kill the mom or cancer would take her. Miri's mom needed to be gone for them to take care of her and make her happy for the rest of her life making up for what they did.

Like rei said she is too little to understand what is happening and I doubt we will see them telling her the true. I guess this will end in some final battle, they kill that hitman and disappear making it look like they die or something.
Mar 24, 2023 11:18 AM
May 2021
this episode was just so many different emotions one after another.

first the emptiness not only in the house, but in rei and kuzuki's hearts with miri gone. so much so that rei even tried returning to his father, obviously to change his mind after finding out his father intended to get rid of kazuki and miri.

then the panic of hoping everyone would be alright, especially our main 3. also definitely freaked out when the last words guy was the one to show up. he gives me the heebie-jeebies.

and as much as i didn't like miri's mom in the beginning for abandoning miri, i did start to like her when she showed she actually cared and wanted to change herself in order yo be a good mother to miri. so when she died it did kind of hurt me.

finally ending off with relief that rei and kazuki will be taking care of miri again and will be leaving the hitman business in order to protect her and keep her safe.

i couldn't help thinking through this whole episode though about how this will all affect miri in the future. she's bound to find out the truth behind her parents' deaths once she's older. even if kazuki and rei try to hide it from her forever, she's bound to grow suspicious or at least curious and start looking into it on her own. i just wonder how that would all play out.

anyway, looking forward to one last episode next week of sweet family time with our best papas and best girl back together again.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 24, 2023 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
That got serious real quick, I think there has to be a movie or another cours, I don't see this being wrapped up in 20 minutes.
Mar 24, 2023 11:26 AM
Oct 2021
I'll supposed to give this series a 10/10 but I change it after this episode. Felt like it became fast phase episode that they took one life then the MCs just decided with a bang! I mean, it is a drama and I expected some sort of more arguments on what they will do in the future.. and Miri.. Miri's parents are both gone (tho her dad is a tRa$h). I hope they do some sort of explaining to Miri in the future.
Mar 24, 2023 11:29 AM
Oct 2013
I really hoped the 3 adults (Miri's mom, Kazuki and Rei) could find a way to live together. I am sad this how they chose to resolve this issue. I know she was sick but to kill her off the way they did? If she had least died of cancer, that is a conversation that is much easier to have than Rei's assassin family & co took out both her parents. I know Miri is young but I think they need to tell her eventually what happened, at least with her mom. Lying to her the rest of her life isn't fair. I am interested to know how they will now evade Rei's family because I am sure they will come after him for for defecting 
Mar 24, 2023 11:36 AM
Jul 2022
Holy crap, and that freaking song that played....my jaw was on the floor the whole episode.
Mar 24, 2023 11:40 AM

Nov 2020
viooooo said:
i hope miri won't hesitate asking her two dad to cover all her therapy fee, for however many years it would be

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mar 24, 2023 11:51 AM

Nov 2020
They decreased the total number of episodes from 13 to 12 which means the next one is gonna be the last.

Honestly, how they decided at the end that they're gonna be out of the hitman business and leave the organisation kinda makes me afraid that they'll try to wrap up everything within one episode, which might be a bit too rushed.
But again, this show has surprised me mostly with unexpected stuff happening so let's see what they have in store.

Personally, I really enjoyed the show and would love to see more of Buddy Daddies, so a new season or OVA is always welcome as long as it remains faithful to the main story and doesn't drag it unnecessarily.
Mar 24, 2023 11:57 AM

May 2020
Knew this would turn out as a them vs us situation in the end. Episode felt a bit rushed, given how at first duo decided to go their separate ways (kind of?), and then the thing with Miri's mom happened and now they're off to John Wick next episode.

Miri still doesn't know what happened around her when she was still in some really DEEP SLEEP, so I'm kinda curious how they'll resolve everything next episode, given that's the last one. Hope they just don't go with a bittersweet end, won't suit this series after all this time.
Mar 24, 2023 11:57 AM
Mar 2022
WAHHHHH SOBS it was good .. good episode ... T___T
Mar 24, 2023 11:58 AM

Feb 2021
Only one more episode to go, and it seems they will end with a "happy" ending. 

This show probably won't have a sequel so I'm excited to see how it ends. 
Mar 24, 2023 12:22 PM

Sep 2021
she ded i thought maybe kazuki woulda died too but he somehow handled things
for some reason didn't get the proper emotion of haha's death
well whatever
next episode's gonna have the havoc ig
Mar 24, 2023 12:24 PM

Jan 2021
Wow Kazuki & Rei really throw their life on an 180. Rei even decided to move back with his dad. 

When the mother got shot, I was in disbelief, just why. Kazuki came in to help and got shot as well, and when the police came, idiot took off. RIP to the mother. 

I'm glad that Kugi let them in his safe house, the real parenting begins now and both Kazuki & Rei are ready for it. 

Intense and heartbreaking episode, I wonder what the final will bring.
Mar 24, 2023 12:37 PM

Jul 2022
well that turned dark
and now they decided that they gonna be her family after all that, i mean they literally killed her father and caused the death of her mother, what would she think of that when she grows up
well anyway i look forward to the finale
Mar 24, 2023 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
With the title of the episode I thought Misaki was hiding something but she was genuinely trying to change and be the mom Miri deserves... and then I assumed Kazuki was going to make it in time but she died, I don't want this show to end it is too enjoyable and touching.
Mar 24, 2023 1:23 PM

Nov 2015

Gay family?
I hope they get married in the last episode, now that the Mom is gone.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 24, 2023 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Firstly, I was surprised that the total episode count is 12 rather than the 13 that everyone thought it would have.

It does make me wonder how the series is going to end even more now after the events of the 11th episode.

Things escalated pretty quickly many times. Seeing Kazuki and Rei becoming disillusioned after Miri left them was pretty sad to see, with the pair planning to part ways. Rei goes back to his father, but he was horrified to learn that his father was planning to take out any distractions in his life, which meant that Kazuki and Miri were in danger. Rei took it upon himself to phone Kazuki and warned him about what was happening, which got him to spring into action.

Sadly, it came at the cost of the life of Miri's mother, Misaki. You can tell that she truly meant on changing her life now that she was with Miri again, as was shown with how much effort she put into making a homemade hamburg steak. It makes the episode more depressing that her life was taken away, with Kazuki arriving moments too late to save her. Still, thanks to his efforts, as well as Kyutaro, Miri was spared.

Now with the four reunited in a safe house, Kazuki and Rei had their moment before they finally came to an agreement on what they want to do. It'll be interesting to see how this series will wrap things up with only one episode left, especially as Kazuki and Rei will be hounded by the Suwa household intently after what happened. A happy-ish ending is still possible, so hopefully it'll have a conclusion that should hopefully satisfy the majority of those watching. =)
Mar 24, 2023 1:35 PM
Dec 2022
How can someone be so cold to even kill a child?? That boss is no human being, just a mere monster. Miri finally got to be with her mom again, but she got killed! Kazuki and Rei found their resolve to take care of Miri and change for the better, I can tell that this final showdown will be epic!!
Mar 24, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2013
Why is everyone taking this show so serious lol! I can’t believe this two guys will be able to dismantle the whole mafia in the next episode but I can’t think in any other way they can live pacefully with Miri! 🥲 I hope the last episode is worth to watch!
Mar 24, 2023 1:37 PM
Sep 2018
RIP Miri’s mum 💔
Mar 24, 2023 1:57 PM

May 2017
Very adorable and wholesome. I like that they figured that sending her off to an orphanage won't be the best choice, I couldn't help thinking about how horrifying some orphanages can be, and that it's difficult to protect a kid from predators and mistreatment.

I feel so bad about her mom's death, that poor woman.
Mar 24, 2023 2:01 PM
May 2016
this episode was such a roller coaster. SO so much to unpack idek where to start. overall im glad the gangs all back together i hope we wont see any major character death,,,
Mar 24, 2023 2:05 PM
Mar 2020
I thought her mother sold her out to Rei's dad or Ogino but turns out she really did regretted of what she did to her in the past, all of this happened because of her mother though but eh, I did feel sad that her mother is gone, she truly did regretted it. 

I didn't expect that Rei's dad would do this for that silly reason tho, I think I was expecting Rei would quit first then his dad would do this but good thing that wasn't the case (Imagine if her mother died because of the crossfire, it would make Rei even more guilty) And I do hope Ogino dies painfully while Rei writing his last words. 

Oct 2019
Honestly, I have a really terrible feeling about the last episode. Maybe it's the pessimism talking, but it doesn't feel possible for them to wrap this up in 20min AND make it into a happy ending, especially given how fucked up this episode was and what ended up happening to Miri's mom. How will they even explain her absense to Miri without actually breaking the news? I can't shake the feeling that Kazuki and Rei are gonna die protecting Miri and that will be their way of atoning for everything they've caused. I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong though.
Apr 2020
This show will be my 13th reason
Mar 24, 2023 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
You know i had my issues with the mom coming back only to eventually die from cancer and leave Miri alone again but i understood the logic of leaving two hitman and she really wanted to change for her daughter. I didn't want her to go out like that. That was sad asf. When Miri learns everything when she grows up it's gonna be one hard pill to swallow.

That being said im surprised they never brought up the solution i was thinking as soon as Rei's sperm donor boss suggested he was going to get rid of his problems.

They need to take out the boss. That's the only way Miri and Kazuki will be safe. If Rei killed his dad would the organization turn on him or just let him inherit? And if they would turn on him i guess he just needs to kill him in a way they won't know so he can just inherit and go on with his life. That man is a monster. There was no reason to go after Miri and her mama. 

He needs executing.
Mar 24, 2023 2:10 PM
Apr 2020
P.A works at it again : ( after that enormous body count in akiba maid war i thought they changed their track a bit and here comes this episode . Poor mom did not deserve this so is miri and the daddies
Mar 24, 2023 2:23 PM
Nov 2022
SmolCuddles said:
I never thought I would cry at this anime in the beginning . At first I hated the mothers guts for leaving motherhood to follow her dream but after seeing that she truly wanted to be a better mother.

I started BALLING my eyes out after her death , one more episode and it's all over . . .

There are 2 episodes left dumbass
Mar 24, 2023 2:39 PM

Mar 2016
AnimeQueen1811 said:
SmolCuddles said:
I never thought I would cry at this anime in the beginning  .  At first I hated the mothers guts for leaving motherhood to follow her dream but after seeing that she truly wanted to be a better mother.

I started BALLING my eyes out after her death  ,  one more episode and it's all over  .  .  .

There are 2 episodes left dumbass
Please go the the anime page and check how many episodes this series will have and remember, we watched episode 11 today.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 24, 2023 3:17 PM

Oct 2017
Killing the mother was such a cop-out from a writting standpoint, it's just a way to get Miri back without resolving the underlying issue.

I still enjoyed the episode, but man, it just made the previous episode feel pointless in retrospect.
Mar 24, 2023 3:32 PM
Jun 2022
st1ka said:
Killing the mother was such a cop-out from a writting standpoint, it's just a way to get Miri back without resolving the underlying issue.

I still enjoyed the episode, but man, it just made the previous episode feel pointless in retrospect.
I think the killing of the mother was to have them responsible for the death of both Miri's parents. So the audience has the happy end they want (the 3 of them being a family) AND the cruel cost of that happiness. Bittersweet ending. 
Mar 24, 2023 3:36 PM
Jul 2013
I’m secretly glad that they killed of Miri’s mother so now they don’t have to deal with her alive… but the flip side is now they’ve caused the death of both her parents and will never be able to explain themselves out of it.
Mar 24, 2023 4:09 PM
Sep 2021
I WASN'T EXPECTING THE HITMAN FOUND FAMILY SHOW TO MAKE ME CRYYYYYY AAAUGH
Mar 24, 2023 4:11 PM
Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Yea I can’t lie this kinda ruined the show for me man. It was already bad enough Miri mama was dying of cancer but then to pull this shit is just horrible. You take both of her parents like this.. she’s going to be broken for life.

Plot device to get rei to turn on his dad I guess, but felt like they could’ve done other stuff. Most people probably won’t let it get to them like that, but I can only speak for how I feel. Doesn’t feel like anything will be resolved in one episode, needs another cour.
I was genuinely thinking they would manage to get her to a hospital in time. I thought to myself, what a cruel way to progress the plot. To take a character, 4 years old, who already lost her biological father in a shoot-out that she was directly involved in. Now to take her mother, who was already dying?

The world is cruel to everyone, and even fake stories like this make me wish it wasn't.
Mar 24, 2023 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
Warning: This is a rant.

Wtf is this episode???

Miri's mom was killed off so our main duo would reunite with Miri, that's the whole reason why it happened. Lazy ass writing! Hooray, now there's no "obstacles" for the MCs to be with Miri! You got to be kidding...

Isn't Kazuki supposed to be a pro btw? Not only did he hesitate to shoot a guy who wants to assassinate a mother and a child, but he also got owned by said assassin, who could've killed him multiple times (with ease) but didn't for BS reasons (plot-convenience and lazy writing). Imagine an assassin not killing his defenseless targets and basically failing his mission (btw the order came from the head of assassin family, so no fear of punishment for failure???) because cops arrived??? BRUH! Kazuki looked like a complete amateur! It's like he knew of plot-armor existing and didn't even try to fight back properly. It's not like Miri's life was on the line, right? Pathetic...

Killing Miri's mom just made this show so lame and dumb. This is supposed to be "action-comedy", wtf? Her having cancer wasn't enough? Try-hard BS drama...

It's just awful... I mean, Miri's mom's body is likely not even cold yet, and Kazuki with a usual smile already proclaims, "Yeah, we're gonna be a real family now!" WTF???
That's what happens when you force drama and rush the plot - The show turns to total shit-fest!

Are the two planning to lie to Miri about her mom from now on? And what about her irrelevant dad? That topic will also resurface eventually.
"We assassinated your shitty father, and your mom GOT KILLED because Rei's dad didn't like his assassin son getting attached to you. But we do love you, so sorry? lelz". No matter the age, Miri will be BROKEN. The betrayal, the lies - this is just so tragic for her. And just to remind you, this is a comedy show, lol! No way this can have a happy ending. I mean, I can imagine some BS sugarcoating when it comes to Miri forgiving the duo, but the ED will no longer feel the same. Playing cheerfully ED with smiling Miri is now a slap in the face. Fuck this shit.
Mar 24, 2023 4:14 PM
Sep 2021
FEVG620 said:
Best episode for two reasons:
1. Rei and Kazuki want to be Miri's dads full time
2. Miri's Mom died, and that's a big W for me
She may not have been a good person, but saying it's a good thing that Miri lost her mother? That's fucked up, man. She loved her mother, with all her flaws. Miri is going to be so broken when they tell her the truth.
Mar 24, 2023 4:27 PM
Apr 2021
This show just gets better every week.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

291 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

167 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

110 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

96 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 30, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2023

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 30, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.