Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 30, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

That's why I love Accelerator, one stinking so, you do not see every day! Mikoto Kick his ...! Plot as I like, comic, dramatic and serious! Narration hilarious and raw, I clutching his heart when sister Mikoto says goodbye to her ... * tears *! I can only say that this is superb way of telling. The sister along with Mikoto are the MC episode!
Drawings and pleasant color design. Witty dialogues and sharp at the same time.
I would give 6/5, but it maxes out at 5! XD
I would have preferred, however, less censorship, if there was!
Jan 5, 2014 10:50 PM

Nov 2012
LOL the sister is really cute I guess..
especially when it turned into a cute moe art :3 XD really love it..
hohoh..
Paul said:
Tyrel said:
Loved all these faces Misaka (clone) did :D

Sisters are so amusing.

oh accelerator is show up.. damn he still sadist.. DAT OST!!!!! <3333
Feb 18, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
finally get to see the Accelerator guy, didnt understood what his power is about but thatll probably be explained later
this is getting very violent
Apr 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Misaka 9982's face and retorts were hilarious. Things got dark really quick and I definitely wasn't expecting that gruesome leg tear.

I also really liked how they transitioned in the ending. Felt like a movie indeed.
May 4, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
Really good episode.

The first half of this episode was hilarious.
May 18, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
WOW Why?I thought this anime didn't had feels :/ Omg...
Misaka 2nd was so awesome and cute :3 with all her expressions,and then...she died in that way :( OMG so sad....
I'm very shocked by the way she died....And the way she was holding in the last moments the present that Misaka gave her...i'm crying :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
Best and funniest episode of Railgun yet.

Really liked the way Misaka and that Misaka clone interacted too bad she got killed :(.

Next episode Accelerator and Misaka's first interaction,this should be good...
Jun 25, 2014 3:05 AM

Apr 2014
I Mistakenly Click on 1-5 Vote...Damn!....I want to give it 5/5...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 2, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
Accellerator so badass!

Btw I loved the Misaka clone, she was funny
Aug 26, 2014 12:02 AM
Jan 2014
just want to say that ive watched all the to aru episodes to this point and say that acceletator is fucking disgusting for doing what he did. i understand his motives needing to kill them or else he will get killed, but ripping her leg off leaving her in the most agonizing and hell like pain you could ever think of for even half to a full minute is something i cannot make sense of. even with the clones being at most level 3, with accelerator probably being able to kill them by crushing or exploding them in an instant, he makes them suffer anyways. ive lost most if not all respect for him in this form of the accelerator. the crippled accelerator seems like hes somewhat repented for his sins but this whole scenerio makes me look at him in a different light; as if he wasnt forced but instead actually wanted to do these experiments.
Aug 26, 2014 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
Beck7 said:
just want to say that ive watched all the to aru episodes to this point and say that acceletator is fucking disgusting for doing what he did. i understand his motives needing to kill them or else he will get killed, but ripping her leg off leaving her in the most agonizing and hell like pain you could ever think of for even half to a full minute is something i cannot make sense of. even with the clones being at most level 3, with accelerator probably being able to kill them by crushing or exploding them in an instant, he makes them suffer anyways. ive lost most if not all respect for him in this form of the accelerator. the crippled accelerator seems like hes somewhat repented for his sins but this whole scenerio makes me look at him in a different light; as if he wasnt forced but instead actually wanted to do these experiments.

He knows that he wont.

And Accelerator doesnt think of them as humans.The crippled Accelerator has realized that error, although

Also if he wanted or not will be shown later.
Aug 28, 2014 10:26 PM

May 2014
the world revolves around Misaka. YAY! Good arc, poor level 5 Misaka =(, but hey, nothing she can do about it, except follow the cruel world.

nice episode. Loving this series more and more.
Aug 31, 2014 9:15 PM
Sep 2013
Misaka clone was too funny. The ending with that Ost was simply brilliant. How she picks up the pin just before getting killed off. The feels were in an all time high.
Sep 20, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
Very good episode but it bugs that this arc was alrdy covered in Index.
Sep 21, 2014 1:54 AM

Aug 2009
Kyouraku-san said:
Very good episode but it bugs that this arc was alrdy covered in Index.
Totally different arcs.
Index anime did like 3 or 4 eps and altered stuff.
Jan 4, 2015 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, the whole second part of the episode really gave me chills, especially with the way they ended it. The way the music reached a climax to end it with a black screen credit, now I can't go to sleep before seeing the next episode! D:

Poor #9982, we'll remember you as a proud and hilarious soldier who loved her mighty onee-sama. Dem faces she made, it was beautiful. The way she died was a little bit less beautiful, though :/
R.I.P in piece.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
The encounter between Misaka and her clone is hilarious but wow that project is so messed up. Now that explains the mountain of clone corpses from last ep, but that's just way too sad.
May 15, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
So this is the Accelerator everyone gets so fussy about.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 22, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
That went from 0 to 100 real quick
Jan 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
Wow. Wow. That was...wow.

When watching Index I felt bad for the clones, but not as bad as I might have seeing as they didn't show them having actual personality. This episode? Seeing 9982 interacting with Misaka like that, rescuing a cat, enjoying ice cream and stealing Misaka's, requesting tea and cake, and then fighting over a froggie badge...it was so sad to watch since I knew what was going to happen.

I have to say, I really like Accelerator's character what with all his development, but in this episode he was horrible. It was completely unnecessary to put 9982 through all that pain. Ripping her leg off and dropping a freaking train car on her, that's extreme brutality. And he enjoyed it. I must admit that makes it feel pretty unbelievable that he actually regretted it, because seriously.

So yeah, my heart was breaking into pieces seeing 9982 fighting that hard to live, and then even when she knew she had no chance she used all her energy to drag herself to her badge. The look on her face right before she was killed ;-;

Tbh, even though I know it's not going to happen, I'd like to see Misaka beat the hell out of Accelerator for that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 2:39 AM

Mar 2015
Nice build up for revenge. Accelo is once again a villain. I knew the outcome between Misaka and Accelo that she will lose because it already stated in Index Season 1.
Misaka loses to Accelo and later in Index, Touma will beat Accelo. Finally the never known side of Level 6 project is connected.

This is getting darker dude.

3.5/5
It got low score because I judge episode from beginning until end. The ending part got me interested.
Maybe my heart is cold.
Mar 30, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
Lol, Misaka 9982 telling the original is childish.

The moment Misaka 9982 said "farewell" I knew shits gonna happen.

HOLY SHIT... SO DARK. WOW WOW WOW. No wonder this season is rated higher than any of the other Toaru series.

It's so cruel dude. Misaka 9982 was reaching for the badge even though her leg got cut off.... fuck man. And we have to see Accelerator kills 50 more of the sisters to get to Misaka 10032? Damn.

Jun 3, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
Holy shit, this was an amazing episode.

The misaka clone though ;-;
Aug 26, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
Nov 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2011
Accelerator alone just gave this episode, which was already really good on its own, an extra 2 points. Man I am hyped for the Sister arc, and if you notice, the arc thus far doesn't involve other 'main characters' like Kuroko, Uiharu, and Saten, and that's a good thing, a huge positive for this arc, though you do wonder what's the point of their character since we know from Index that
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 12, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2013
The sister was hilarious. Ice cream man was such a nice guy as well.

Things got really dark towards the end. Seeing the sister get destroyed was depressing to watch.
Mar 24, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
That misaka clone is soooo cute and adorable.
The first half was so funny and enjoyable to watch..
The suspense is defintiely another level here.. building up the drama until her death.
This ending is just... holy shit I feel sick.
RIP #9982 I will remember you.
That ED song.. ughh.
Jul 29, 2017 8:45 AM

Mar 2013
Misaka clone was adorable. I loved her goofy scenes and her interaction with Misaka.

But her death was fucking brutal. Way too brutal T_T
IDC how good Accelerator becomes afterwards or how was he raised up, to me, this version is the fucking prick who needs to be killed instead ._.

Music was amazing tho. Really raised the bar high.
Sep 29, 2017 2:15 AM

Apr 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jan 20, 2018 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, since we already know these Misaka clones from Index we could actually feel for her despite her appearing only for one episode. I would wish that Misaka would kick Accelerator's ass, but unfortunately we already know from Index...
Feb 8, 2018 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
The encounter between Misaka and her clone is hilarious i couln't stop laughing lol
Mar 22, 2018 7:00 AM

Nov 2016
Misakas and 9982's interaction was so funny :D

I'm sad that latter one is a goner:(

But props to Accelerator,his appearance is making this very entertaining.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2018 5:31 PM

Sep 2017
The first half was just funny but the second half, oh my god, didn't expect that coming.

ACCELERATOR. THE MAN. That's it. The whole episode was perfect, but he was GODLY. Damn. I am desperate to see more of Accelerator.

Also, MISAKA owned Misaka this episode. Misaka is such an easy girl. But that is probably why MISAKA loves Misaka. Rest In Peace.

But now, even though Accelerator killed MISAKA, I feel that Accelerator is awesome. I just like him so much. And Railgun vs Accelerator next episode. Wow.

The ending was like the end of a tragic movie. I knew that Sayonara by MISAKA was something gruesome, but I didn't expect it to turn out like this.

I hope Accelerator becomes a Level 6. That bullet deflect scene was awesome beyond standards. His VA really gave him a cool sadistic voice.

BTW, ZXC741ASD852QWE963 is the sequence of letters on the left of QWERTY keyboard and the vertical alignment of numbers on the number pad.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 6, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Misaka's clone died in a brutal way. Damn.

Nov 19, 2018 2:25 AM

Nov 2009
Accel is one of the few characters that give me shivers of admiration and horror all at the same time.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 5, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Poor Mikasa 9982. At least she had some fun with the original Mikasa before her dead.

This is the first time I've ever seen Accelerator. He is so brutal.

So, the clones are being used for the growth of Accelerator into Level 6.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2019 1:56 AM

Dec 2014
the way clone died..though...hmm... the feels get to me one way or the another
Jan 2, 2020 7:46 AM

Oct 2019
Accelerator is the strongest and the best character.
He entertains me as always.
Feb 23, 2020 12:18 AM

Sep 2018
Very funny episode and at the same time also very sad and dramatic. The enemy role suits the Accelerator character a lot, so the future clash with Misaka and Touma is obviously very compelling and engaging. The ice cream scene is very funny. Narrative that shows how empathy, knowing oneself, gives another perspective of what was considered foreign and distant from us a minute before; a great lesson that should be kept in mind by many, and which is of greater importance also for this episode.
Jun 11, 2020 10:27 AM

Aug 2017
Good to see more Accelerator after watching the first 2 seasons of the main serie.

And that Misaka clone will be missed, she was quite funny. Damn things are for sure getting interesting.
Jun 17, 2020 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
Nya?.. That's the first thing you say?.. ;D Well, maybe she thought it's just one of sisters like her, not realized it's original before her.. Or maybe she indeed reacted like that to her older sister.. ;p
Oh, a cat, alright.. And well.. They certainly started just so casually talk.. ;D Misaka, it's your clone! Why you're so casual.. ;p
Well, Misaka sister called Mikoto "onee-sama", so she probably recognized older sister, that she's not one of experiment sisters.. .. Well.. I guess, it makes sense that Misaka sister doesn't have too strong of reaction.. How she didn't have when she was given clothes in laboratory in the flashback.. It's a bit feels not good, to be honest.. I like, how Misaka is emotionless.. But it seems she is also not capable of expressing some emotions.. Maybe later she'll learn, how she learns the thing to care about cat probably, for example.. But still.. Well.. I'll still like Misaka's emotionless.. That's who she is, after all.. I'll believe that if she'll want to learn more emotional expressions, she'll just do that with time.. And for now I enjoy Misaka the way she is, really..
Yeah, I like stoic Misaka so much.. One of my favorite character in this series for sure.. ;P
And yeah.. Misaka indeed has personality.. Like how she cares about cat.. Or how she doesn't like frog pin, calls it childlish for her taste, when older sister Misaka likes it.. So yeah.. Misaka has her own personality, really.. Also I remember, how later different sisters could like different things as well.. One going on the diet, other not, and stuff..
And still she cares about older sister's present to her.. That's sweet in the end..
Yeah.. I'm really enjoying stoic Misaka sister back.. I like emotionless, stoic, or something like that type of characters.. Girls like this are very cute characters to me personally, as well as sometimes funny, or intellectual, or some other things.. Anyway.. I'm really glad to see Misaka sister back.. It's just so enjoyable to watch her~ ;P
Only strange that Mikoto didn't pick up that Misaka was going to the experiment now.. On the other hand, she remembered the code Misaka said..
20000 Misaka sisters would have to be killed by Accelerator.. Damn.. It's both, of course, very bad for Misakas.. But also how many years it'd take?.. If Accelerator would fight every day, it'd take 20000/365 years - which is 54,79 years.. That if Accelerator would kill one Misaka every day.. And I'm not sure, if he'd be able to handle such constant fighting?.. Of course, he might try to kill 2 Misakas per day, but it'd just half the years, still would be a lot of years.. And if he'd be able to, really.. With how Misakas are able to learn, and Accelerator still being human..
Damn, Accelerator just ripped off Misaka's leg like this?.. Well.. At least I know that this douchebag will get beaten in the end, at least I know that end is good.. But still.. I hate Accelerator, really.. He's a sadist, to speak simply.. The worst character in this series, to be honest.. But that's for me personally.. He's annoying at best for me.. And most of the time just disgusting, to be honest.. Well, at least I know that in the end it ends..
Oct 30, 2020 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
finally some Accelerator! let's see what's misaka going to do next ep.
Nov 9, 2020 6:02 AM
May 2020
When MISAKA said "sayonara"

i felt that.

This episode is just straight from 0 to 100, from SoL to dark. This episode makes me want to do an early rate to this show. Really good, OP.
Jan 14, 2021 12:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Now THIS is the railgun I’ve been waiting for; super happy but also sad as apparently this arc is the best thing out of the entire index/railgun series....

Can just imagine what a cliffhanger that was for those watching when this was airing back in 2013 and who haven’t read the light novels. Shit has gotten real

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 4, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Madness!!

Bruhh imagined seeing yourself got crushed 🤢

That Ending was Epic with Boss Music.
Apr 16, 2023 1:11 PM

Jan 2021
What an epic episode. Things got dark way too quick and the whole atmosphere just changed. Awesome episode.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 12, 2023 10:33 AM

Nov 2010
Aww, that was rather sad. I saw it coming, though. However, I was hoping that the original Mikasa would be able to reach and help her clone in time.

I wonder how powerful a Level Six would be. They introduced Saints in Index, and those people are DBZ levels of powerful, except against a particular protagonist.

Is this also part of Aleister's plan? He's allowing these scientists to conduct experiments carelessly without caring about Misaka finding out about it or interfering with it.
Jul 19, 2023 12:46 PM

Jun 2017
fascinating.Didn'nt expect a clone to be so "humane" before 10003 or they made it special coz of introduction with the real Misaka !And there's the psychopath Accelerator .At hindsight it's surreal they gave him a sort of redemption to this maniac
Nov 29, 2023 5:01 AM
Nov 2023
I like the clones and how they're all connected together. It's literally a hive mind
Jun 4, 1:25 PM
Jan 2023
Holy, that was intense. I really didn't expect Accelerator to rip off her leg like that though, my god.

This episode was done super well, kudos to J.C.Staff for that. continuing the background music into the ed is something I haven't seen before, more anime should really do that imo.

Poor thing, reaching for the frog badge at the end :/

Can't wait to see what madness happens in the next episode!
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.