Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 8:01 AM
May 2021
Fami thinks Denji can be fully human again (w/ a human heart). Slight more lore this chapter. The last panel lmaooo 💀
May 14, 8:11 AM
Dec 2022
they’re so cute dawg if anything happens to either of them fujimoto is gonna feel my wrath 😭🙏
May 14, 8:18 AM
Jun 2021
All i gotta say is katanaman is real asf
May 14, 8:18 AM

Jul 2022
I thought there would be more action going on right now but I guess not. I figured that they'd be full on looking for Nayuta, but that might take some more time to get to.

I'm thinking, though, Barem is the only character who realistically could have Nayuta, since he was the last one seen with her. I doubt Public Safety would be holding onto her especially since she really didn't do anything wrong, and they were the ones that entrusted her to Denji in the first place.

All of this is building towards a confrontation between Denji and Barem, Chainsaw vs. Flamethrower, I truly believe this. And if the theory of him being Fakesaw Man are true as well, that's an even fucking cooler thing to build toward.

For now I think we're slowing down a bit so we can get more character interaction between Asa and Denji, and from some of the other minor characters (Katana Man is becoming one of my favorite characters). Kiga's intentions are still kinda vague, but Asa declared in this chapter that she really wants to help Denji. All of them want to make him feel better, but they don't know how, and Asa thinks that returning Chainsaw Man to his "old" life will save him. She doesn't know, though, that his powers are what led him to have a "normal" life to begin with.

So I think this arc will go on for a little bit just to get Denji and Asa talking, which will eventually (in a while, I suppose) lead back to finding Nayuta and Denji confronting Barem. Kiga also has stuff to do but that's more to do with the prophecy, so that could be saved for the final boss? Or a Part 3? I dunno.

Regardless, we're slowing down before I think the final confrontation with Chainsaw and Flamethrower will happen, and it WILL happen! Trust me!

Green_GiornoMay 14, 8:33 AM
May 14, 8:24 AM
Mar 2022
Katana Man giving Soldat level advice. May God save him 💀.

Also, I really hope it doesn't end up happening cause it will just make Denji's situation even worse.
RandomPerson9348May 14, 8:28 AM
May 14, 8:24 AM

May 2022
really short chapter, but im really enjoying these character interactions. denji my boy...

btw anyone who compliments katana man after this is getting sent to forever-prison, you buffoons
May 14, 8:31 AM

Sep 2022
That was a really good sentimental and more down to earth chapter! It's not super often that we see Denji being this subdued, and seeing Asa care for Denji's feelings was rather warm. Also I don't know if it was Fuji or one of his assistants but GOD DAMN did that train on page 2 look clean and raw as hell.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
May 14, 8:32 AM

May 2020
At this point, this is forever stuck in "build-up" phase.
May 14, 8:38 AM
Oct 2016
Denji gotta live a normal life, but he can't go back to who he was before his contract with Pochita. I really miss Aki and Power. That was the most "normal" his life ever had. I hope he's able to build that normal life with Nayuta and Asa with Fami on the side.
May 14, 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
Katanaman was the real bro all along?
May 14, 8:43 AM
Oct 2023
So Fami and Asa’s plan is to take out Pochita and put a normal human heart in Denji? It all makes sense now why he reverted to true CSM form but the explanation also felt kinda half assed. If this is the turn the story is taking and the solution Denji, Asa, and company are really seeking… it’s gonna be a boring couple of chapters going forward.
May 14, 8:46 AM

Nov 2020
Katana is right. Imagine if they actually go to a brothel and encounter Kobeni there...
May 14, 8:48 AM

May 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
@Softhenic03

the weak and cowardly "we're in the buildup phase for part 2!"
VS
the powerful and truthful "we've been in the 'pay-off' phase all along"
May 14, 8:59 AM

Jun 2019
Samurai Sword sure knows what Denji needs. LOL. But, I don't think that's what Denji wants right now. Hope, he becomes cheerful again.
May 14, 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
Well that’s certainly a solution 💀💀 now I’m curious if we’ll actually get a brothel mini arc or if they’ll be interrupted before they get there lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 14, 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
is fami omniscient how can she know a lot of things
May 14, 9:56 AM
Apr 2024
For katana man🥂
May 14, 10:28 AM
Dec 2019
I feel like I’ve been saying “what is Fujimoto cooking” for a year and a half at this point
May 14, 10:49 AM

Aug 2018
Please kobeni don't be there.
May 14, 11:21 AM
Oct 2020
Bruh i swear to god if they see Kobeni there next chapter damn. I wanted to see her again but definitely not like that. I hope hope we don't see her there.
May 14, 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
Fami so suspicious in this chapter, also it felt so short
May 14, 2:31 PM

Dec 2020
Fami thinks Denji can be a human fully bruhh. Asa seems naïve as fuck. Last panel katanaman bro W.

Why tf I just thought Denji fuckin' around at that brothel katanaman mentioned with a chainsaw sticking out from his crotch instead of his d!ck @_@
May 14, 2:34 PM
May 2021
deg said:
is fami omniscient how can she know a lot of things

Prolly just bc she’s one of the horsemen like Makima, higher up devil prolly knows more about what’s going on, just a guess tho
May 14, 3:15 PM

Apr 2022
great chapter, asa does care but damn denji was so done the whole time. fami's human heart transplant idea is a bit mad. thoughtful move from asa, but the realest one right now is katana man here, let's get my man to lay some pipe lmfao.
May 14, 3:23 PM

Apr 2016
Man, the Chainsaw Man world really is depressing now
I still don't know if Fami is just lying or not
I seriously wasn't expecting the story to go in this direction, will Denji be able to resist a brothel?? LOL
May 14, 3:45 PM
Apr 2022
XenonRadium98 said:
I feel like I’ve been saying “what is Fujimoto cooking” for a year and a half at this point

Similarly, people have been saying “let him cook” just as long
May 14, 4:19 PM

Apr 2024
yeah, Denji's opinion on what things "used to be" for him sure as hell ain't like what Asa seems to think "normal" is
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 14, 4:23 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to SamBlack
Man, the Chainsaw Man world really is depressing now
I still don't know if Fami is just lying or not
I seriously wasn't expecting the story to go in this direction, will Denji be able to resist a brothel?? LOL
@SamBlack I don't think a brothel suits the way Denji, at this point, feels about sex, given his previous encounters with the subject.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 14, 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
Anyone else get the impression that Kobeni is gonna pop up in the upcoming chapters? her family gave her two options and if she quite public safety, well...
Forum Signature
May 14, 8:22 PM
May 2023
Imagine if Kobeni will be there... that would be an awkward interaction.
May 14, 11:50 PM

Mar 2022
these past chapters is just hoping Fujimoto is setting stuff up for the perfect plan or whateva but at this point im losing hope fr...
May 15, 12:05 AM
Dec 2020
Softhenic03 said:

i could read chapters like this every week for the rest of my life
May 15, 12:42 AM
Nov 2016
Another chill chapter which I don't mind, I'm actually enjoying these chill chapters, it's the calm before the storm type of thing.

And Katana Man is going to help Denji become a "real man" by boning a woman, but if Denji becomes a "real man" then who's the man's man?
May 15, 2:24 AM
Jul 2020
May 15, 4:27 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to Softhenic03
@Softhenic03 Indeed, another useless nothing burger chapter.

Also I see no real progress for Denji as a character to fight and grow stronger, negating a lot of his backstory so far. His actions contradict his words, he kept mumbling about saving Nayuto, now everyone got sidetracked completely, even about the fight or revenge. At this rate they might as well do a cruise around the world in 80 days, it's equally random but more interesting.

And Fuji done some asspull retconing. Nowhere was it mentioned his contract is for him to stick to a normal life, that was a restriction pushed on him by the gov agency.
Pochita simply demanded he experiences some of his dreams and then before Denji went out last time he said he wants to be Chainsaw man now, it's like Fuji forgot the new promise Denji made just few chapters ago.

Maybe Fuji needs a break for his own sake?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to Crossbones997
Denji gotta live a normal life, but he can't go back to who he was before his contract with Pochita. I really miss Aki and Power. That was the most "normal" his life ever had. I hope he's able to build that normal life with Nayuta and Asa with Fami on the side.
@Crossbones997 Totally, probably his best time to be alive as weird and awkward those moments were, especially with Power being the way she is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 4:30 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to chidaru
Katana is right. Imagine if they actually go to a brothel and encounter Kobeni there...
@chidaru encounter BEST GIRL Kobeni *

FTFY
May 15, 7:06 AM

May 2022
Reply to JudgeRuthless
@Softhenic03 Indeed, another useless nothing burger chapter.

Also I see no real progress for Denji as a character to fight and grow stronger, negating a lot of his backstory so far. His actions contradict his words, he kept mumbling about saving Nayuto, now everyone got sidetracked completely, even about the fight or revenge. At this rate they might as well do a cruise around the world in 80 days, it's equally random but more interesting.

And Fuji done some asspull retconing. Nowhere was it mentioned his contract is for him to stick to a normal life, that was a restriction pushed on him by the gov agency.
Pochita simply demanded he experiences some of his dreams and then before Denji went out last time he said he wants to be Chainsaw man now, it's like Fuji forgot the new promise Denji made just few chapters ago.

Maybe Fuji needs a break for his own sake?
@JudgeRuthless

the whole point of the "give denji a normal life by breaking his contract" thing is that it's wrong.

it's just as denji said; he cant ever go back to how things used to be. dead bodies are casually lining the streets, with cities destroyed and mangled. they are basically living in the middle of an apocalypse. by desperately clinging onto his ideal "normal life", denji did nothing but hurt himself and nayuta, his only remaining family. a "normal life" was never truly possible, and he's realized that.

fami's plan is nothing more than a manipulation tactic. why would fami help kill pochita, the devil that she needs to use as a battle asset? asa, in her current naivety and ignorance, believes that she can finally be the hero, "saving" someone that she cares about, giving them a "normal life". the logic of fami's plan no longer matters. asa is already walking over corpses, ignoring them, just like in her dream.
May 15, 9:17 AM

May 2018
Where is this story going?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 15, 12:36 PM
Dec 2023
Softhenic03 said:

Fr the edging is crazy
May 15, 3:04 PM
Oct 2023
I live for Fujimoto brain rot !!
May 15, 3:41 PM
Sep 2019
The last page, man, saying that with a straight serious face made my sides burst outta laughing 🤣 he is so determined
May 16, 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
Back to the life before, Asa really wants to help him.
Katana Man is going to take him to a brothel...let's see what happens xD
May 17, 2:47 AM

Apr 2021
My man knows exactly what denji needs
May 17, 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
So is the next chapter NSFW then? haha

i'm loving the slow down to tell the story of this rather than the constant fighting.

Roll on the next chapter.
May 18, 4:48 AM
Jul 2021
The best thing in the world!!!!!
May 20, 2:15 PM

Dec 2022
Lol Denji effortlessly made Asa cry
but like, once I stopped going hungry, I stopped being able to eat toilet paper. you see what I'm saying? Denji is far too deep for Asa to ever comprehend, she needs to give it up with trying to control his life
good thing bro came through with the real plan
May 20, 10:59 PM

Oct 2021
What a depressing chapter, but Katana's idea (to take Denji into a brothel) will only make Denji feel worst! 😖 And, how does Fami know the terms of the contract between Pochita and Denji? Could she have known as she's Makima's sibling, too? 🤔

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
May 26, 11:30 AM

Jul 2021

- asa : ... denji , ... kiga-chan ... , nayuta-chan ...

- denji : ... when i went hungry as a gaki / a brat ...

- katana hybrid : ... gaki-s these days are wusses ... , female chainsaw man , ... jii-chan ...
- me : what he means is : now denji is not a man , he is just a sad woman , a sad b!tch , lol .

a reminder : asa is a law-abiding citizen : no crossing the street during red light , no smoking , ...

i think the idea of katana hybrid is not a good idea : when you are hungry , if you shoot out your "bodily juices" , you will get even more hungrier and get sick , lol .

last page : ........
daywithoutgamesMay 28, 3:26 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jun 4

357 by Ing_Failure_23 »»
36 minutes ago

» Member Favorite

kxbeni - Yesterday

6 by DXLKSM »»
8 hours ago

» Why do the women in this anime always want to fight and do crime?

Deathlydash - Jun 7

27 by GeoXsf9 »»
Today, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Feb 28, 2023

78 by Not_Hachi »»
Today, 12:34 AM

Poll: » welcome back shinji ikari feat. ch 167

FruitPunchBaka - Jun 4

35 by rinnmakesmusic »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.