Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2021
A mixer setting this time eh?

Suddenly, the four – Momose, Shirasaki, Aoyama, and Kinjo – found themselves attending a hastily arranged mixer. Momose, burdened by unpleasant memories from a previous mixer with her former boss, was feeling down. However, once the mixer began, she became lively and engaged in Aoyama's conversation. When Kinjo, who had followed Aoyama after leaving the table midway, asked if there was someone she was interested in, Aoyama seemed to dodge the question. There was a specific reason why Aoyama was lifting the atmosphere – a reason yet to be revealed.

It seems that upcoming episodes will feature original anime content as a result of the author's health issues. I'm uncertain whether this is the initial instance or the beginning of several such episodes; manga readers may provide further details. The information is in this thread. Courtesy of @Jin_uzuki.

Nice teddy bear Aoyama. Lmao.

Dec 2, 2023 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
The focus on Section Chief Aoyama, and Kumatte-chan in the spooky bear kind, both Momose and Shirosaki going to his house to return his wallet, he's scared about bears too from spooky movies. But being always ignored, Aoyama wants in, and Momose gladly offers his consent since he wants to get to know him better. Shirosaki has no idea about anime since he's supposed to create anime-related ads. But asking Kinjo...is like sending Shirosaki into space with all of the Otaku stuff that he cannot keep up with. As for Aoyama, he had his episode about his subordinate quitting after him, so he worries about Shirosagi doing the same, though the latter is goofy once he came into his picture, erasing his trauma.

When it comes to business things like mixers, Momose had his horrible episode in the past no thanks to Kurono, and the 4 guys all get invited to their female colleague and her friends. Though all of their goofy antics (which started from Aoyama) made the women laugh and had fun, and at least for Momose, it's a mixer that he is relieved about. The guys' after-party, meow, meow, meow.

A good mixer for all, fun and surprises.

@Jin_uzuki @IzanaSolos as a manga reader, I can already confirm that the anime is ahead of the already adapted available manga volumes out. The remainder of the anime will be based on author's ideas.
Dec 2, 2023 10:54 AM
Sep 2015
A swinging episode. Mewdol Master is basically Idolmaster combine with Tokyo Mew Mew, and Mic Prince is basically Hypnosis Mic + UtaPrince.

I read the statement and think that her sickness only impact manga, not anime.
Dec 2, 2023 12:03 PM
Oct 2019
Awwww Chief!!! That's so nice of him <3 also I love the anime-loving Kinjo was giving lol
Dec 2, 2023 12:23 PM
Oct 2021
i love how much the chief loves his teddys
Dec 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
I LOVED THIS EPISODE
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 PM

Apr 2022
Chief the absolute MVP. I love this show.
Dec 2, 2023 3:00 PM
Mar 2023
i'm still feeling very lukewarm about the chief, honestly, he annoys me so much!! lovelovelove the other characters though
Dec 2, 2023 3:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Got lots of Aoyama in this one, the lad is a riot so I don’t mind that one bit. He especially killed it during the mixer, he was definitely a big mood lifter along with the other guys doing their usual thing, those girls got the extreme healing treatment up close and personal lol, and I was actually hoping we could potentially see someone hook up with one of the girls but that unfortunately did not happen, the girl had a lot of fun tho and that’s what’s important, that and the fact Aoyama had that nice moment with Momose where we actually saw his eyes, really loved that part.

And I also enjoyed the bit between Kinjo and Shirosaki where they discussed anime, seeing anime within an anime is always cool, and the Idolmaster parody with cat girls instead looked very cute, I’d actually watch that lol. And the karaoke bit afterward was also very funny with Kinjo knowing not just the song, but the dance moves as well lol, as someone that enjoys both Love Live and Idolmaster I have not gone that far but it does seem like it could be fun, one thing is certain tho, and that’s that Kinjo is living his best life. Shirosaki also killed it in the after credits bit lol.
Dec 2, 2023 3:30 PM
Jul 2013
lmaaaaooo Kinjo’s waifu is from a ripoff of uta no prince-sama, I didn’t know this anime could get better but it just did. 20/10 episode, even if it’s anime original
Dec 2, 2023 4:37 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i don't have gokon in my country alala...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 2, 2023 6:14 PM

Feb 2019
chief and manager are just great ice breakers lol in the end, the girls ended up going home alone & the guys took their mixer party to a karaoke after-party lol
Dec 2, 2023 7:16 PM

Oct 2022
The Chief really tried his best here, and it paid off! That post-party karaoke was really hilarious too.
Dec 2, 2023 7:47 PM
Jul 2020
For the first time, they showed the boss's eyes...
It was a very satisfying episode! The 4 are kind characters
Dec 2, 2023 8:37 PM
Oct 2018
The nyan nyan’s were cute. And Hakutou patting Shirosaki’s head was cute. That gokon seemed fun.
Dec 2, 2023 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
The after credit scene was priceless.
Dec 2, 2023 11:02 PM

Sep 2021
"How to confuse a Normie with anime terms speedrun Any%" - Kinjo gets the world record here!

I watched 100 shows and have no idea what a C-Part is.

Kinjo's Waifu being some prince idol fits so well by the way.

Also, I'm suprised how fun Aoyama can be! I thought him going to dinner with Momose would be super boring (for them - not me as the viewer), but he's suprisingly funny. Continued nicely into the mixer part aswell.
Dec 3, 2023 6:00 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to KANLen09
The focus on Section Chief Aoyama, and Kumatte-chan in the spooky bear kind, both Momose and Shirosaki going to his house to return his wallet, he's scared about bears too from spooky movies. But being always ignored, Aoyama wants in, and Momose gladly offers his consent since he wants to get to know him better. Shirosaki has no idea about anime since he's supposed to create anime-related ads. But asking Kinjo...is like sending Shirosaki into space with all of the Otaku stuff that he cannot keep up with. As for Aoyama, he had his episode about his subordinate quitting after him, so he worries about Shirosagi doing the same, though the latter is goofy once he came into his picture, erasing his trauma.

When it comes to business things like mixers, Momose had his horrible episode in the past no thanks to Kurono, and the 4 guys all get invited to their female colleague and her friends. Though all of their goofy antics (which started from Aoyama) made the women laugh and had fun, and at least for Momose, it's a mixer that he is relieved about. The guys' after-party, meow, meow, meow.

A good mixer for all, fun and surprises.

@Jin_uzuki @IzanaSolos as a manga reader, I can already confirm that the anime is ahead of the already adapted available manga volumes out. The remainder of the anime will be based on author's ideas.
@KANLen09 Ah, I understand now. They've been creating anime-original content for quite some time. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dec 3, 2023 7:20 AM

Mar 2008
Everyone was so cute this episode.

Ahwyeahhh Kinjo is one of us.

That was sweet of Aoyama. I liked the head pat gesture thing he did with Momose.
Dec 3, 2023 8:00 AM

May 2015
This was kinda cringe but in a good way. Middle-aged men being completely and unapologetically cute? Moar, please.
Dec 3, 2023 10:10 AM
Nov 2016
I bursted out laughing when Kinjou showed shirosaki his waifu and at the former's reaction XD
This episode had More Aoyama but I'm not complaining. I loved seeing Momose bonding with Aoyama, while Shirosaki was bonding with Kinjo. At this point, all four of them could live together in chief's big house XD

I really Love this anime!

@KANLen09
KANLen09 said:
as a manga reader, I can already confirm that the anime is ahead of the already adapted available manga volumes out. The remainder of the anime will be based on author's ideas.

So, will the last episodes be Canon too? I thought that starting from episode 8, they will animate chapters from unreleased volumes since The author only released 2 volumes so far, but they are planned the story until volume 4-5 If I rememebr correctly. So, the characters and events are all canon, right?
Dec 3, 2023 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
Finally an episode that gave more focus to Aoyama. I was really getting irritated with his repetitive "no one is interested in me" one-liner, but the way he looked out for Momose during the mixer was really heartwarming. Still don't really care for his character overall, but I just hope his character won't get relegated back to only saying that line in the remaining episodes. Not the biggest fan of Kinjou either, but thanks to him we got to see Shirosaki doing the cringe cat-girl dance.
Overall a great episode, unexpectedly enjoyed it much more than I thought I would considering from all the previous episodes, Shirosaki and Hakutou were the characters that always carried the show for me yet they didn't appear that much in this one.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 3, 2023 12:05 PM

Sep 2018
Just when I thought Kinjou couldn't get any more based, turns out he's an anime watcher and an idol fan. he just like me fr
Dec 4, 2023 4:14 AM
Oct 2023
luv that chief got more character depth in this, his one liners were getting annoying but i love how he made momose feel comfortable during the mixer
Dec 4, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 2021
kinjou having a male waifu was so real
Dec 4, 2023 7:31 PM

Aug 2016
This was so fun. Loved the waifu. He was adorable.
Dec 4, 2023 10:18 PM

Aug 2015
Awww this episode was beyond cute XD Loved it. I teared up from how adorable they all are. And I'm glad Aoyama (Chief) got to shine in this episode.
Dec 5, 2023 6:39 PM
Apr 2020
Put a lot of focus on the chief which was a nice change of pace. We got to see another side to him. Even so, this episode was too light on the Momose-Shirosaki!
Dec 7, 2023 7:59 AM
Jun 2013
it was pretty healing, and cute and touching. I'm like literally jealous T T
Dec 8, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2021
Protect the chief! After watching this episode, Chief went from NPC to one of my favorite characters.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Dec 30, 2023 2:39 AM
Dec 2022
Finally some girls show up and it is for a mixer event. Yet nothing much happened.
Mar 23, 12:11 PM
Jun 2022
This One Was Better . That Cat Dance Was Funny.
Apr 13, 6:41 AM

Apr 2024
Chief Aoyama MVP!!

Seriously who did Momose save in his past life to get not just one but two nice and kind superiors who genuinely care about his well-being? Or is it a form of divine intervention from God because his ex-boss was that close to causing his death? Anyhow, i love me a Chief Aoyama spotlight-ish episode! I get to hear a lot more Sugita Tomokazu being a needy Kumatte-chan obsessed boss in his late 30s.
very sleep deprived

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 14, 2023

58 by Rev8 »»
May 16, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 7, 2023

68 by Brokuta71 »»
May 8, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 16, 2023

38 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 11, 2023

57 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.