New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2023 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
pfffffffffffffft--,.
Jan 22, 2023 11:12 PM
Nov 2019
Rimuru0001 said:
Except the popularity of 86 was not that good in Japan sadly, which means we won't get any sequels soon .. Damn after that final I really wish we would get an announcement for second season .. it's an underrated anime with underrated Male and Female leads. 

It was decently popular in Japan and even trending on Twitter . Model kits sell well and they even held special event on 1st anniversary which also sold out.
Jan 23, 2023 12:42 AM
Jan 2018
Unleashed_SM said:
How is it only A1 with this problem? If Covid is an issue, wouldn’t more studios delay their shows as well?

So far 2 other shows have been delayed with the same reason with a rumoured 4th show. They have the same connection Aniplex
Jan 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Jan 2018
It has nothind do with Covid guys, just the shitty production schedule from Aniplex, as always. They did it again, worst company.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2023 3:11 AM
Jun 2021
Andan210 said:
Kockorzo said:

Ah well, I haven’t even started watching it... Still, the situation must be dire. Any production in China is overseen by the CCP. Even the slightest of grime can accumulate into something significant if left unattended, they understand this best. This is a global broadcast, special supervision is normally present. They wouldn’t want to associate COVID delays to themselves as it would suggest poor administration and well, a disease outbreak. They have worked hard to revert the reports back to zero, something like this being announced to the world from China is just pure blague. In China the currency is blood and tears, I don’t think the production in China is causing the delay, it must be the other half you spoke about. If the news is true, this information will be explicitly mentioned, if it is true and it is not mentioned we can assume otherwise but it still would seem strange to me.

This is pure conjecture though so it wouldn’t surprise me if I have fallen into grave blunder, I am not well read into the inner workings of animation studios so it wouldn’t be great ennui if my perception is completely off-target.

To clarify why COVID is still relevant in China in 2023: China had a very, very strict policy of "zero COVID" since early 2020, which meant they would lock down entire cities or regions in order to keep poeple from interacting with each other and getting infected. However at the end of 2022, after 3 years of this, there were massive protests and social unrest in many major cities of China because the population was tired of the lockdowns, with the prospect of things getting uglier unless something was done. And so, the Chinese government entirely backtracked it's "zero COVID" policy in order to calm down the population.

It's important to note that China doesn't use any vaccine produced in any Western country, and studies show that the Chinese vaccines are generally less effective. Also, the most vulnareble population in China, the elderly, has mostly rejected vaccination. And finally, you have a huge number of infected Chinese people traveling to other cities and regions because of the Chinese New Year this month.

That's why the number of infections and deaths related to COVID in China has been massive since last month, and it's going to keep rising in the inmediate future. Basically, China is experiencing what the rest of the world experienced in 2020, only they are doing it almost 3 years later.

With this I don't mean to say that Aniplex isn't lying to our faces about COVID being the reason to delay the episodes. For all we know, it may be COVID, or it may be that they have a really shitty work schedule. I just wanted to give some context about the situation.

Yes certainly, staff members could have had been infected 2-3 weeks ago when infections were officially on an increase. But that was 2-3 weeks ago, while trying to contain it, they are also trying to hide the epidemic spread of injections. One may even say they have succeeded in doing so. Come three moons and the world has revolved a thousand, your information seems to be outdated. Coming back to China and Chinese production, it is unlikely^3 in itself that they weren’t prepared for a global broadcast as to only air 4 episodes and go on an undefined hiatus owing to that virus which has put blemish enough already. If China was involved, they wouldn’t be producing episodes while airing and if they were involved in animation of a global broadcast, the whole project certainly wouldn’t be turned upside down due to a 2 week discrepancy. Something like this has to pass through the keen eye of the regulators and it simply wouldn’t be approved to air if incomplete.

Either you clicked read more, scrolled to the bottom and read this first or you actually did read in whatever mind that which I wrote above, I was quoting in perspective of the animation supposedly being done by China though the person did say, made in China so it’s an entirely different thing, even though your words just flew in the air I am glad that you wrote such a comprehensive response and though I did intend to start a baseless argument, something just tells me that your aren’t gonna respond to it... Though I wrote because I wanted to write you may still find some truth in my baseless talk given current context, a delay after just 4 weeks of airing is pathetic, it shouldn’t happen. Something has gone terribly wrong and it definitely is not COVID.
///
Jan 23, 2023 4:09 AM
Nov 2016
Whatever the issue is, I hope this type of shit doesn't happen with Ragna Crimson, it's the anime I'm looking forward to the most this year, really hoping the anime gives the manga the justice it deserves.
Jan 23, 2023 6:26 AM
Nov 2022
ah shit huge bummer
Jan 23, 2023 6:33 AM

Jun 2012
Kockorzo said:
Yes certainly, staff members could have had been infected 2-3 weeks ago when infections were officially on an increase. But that was 2-3 weeks ago, while trying to contain it, they are also trying to hide the epidemic spread of injections. One may even say they have succeeded in doing so. Come three moons and the world has revolved a thousand, your information seems to be outdated.

It's important to keep in mind that ever since the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic began in full force in 2020 the Chinese government has underreported and straight up lied about the number of COVID cases in China, and this hasn't changed.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/china-heavily-underreporting-number-covid-19-deaths/story?id=96389383

The majority of international health organizations independently monitoring the situation in China have estimated the current wave of infections to last until March or April in the worst case scenarios.
https://www.healthdata.org/sites/default/files/covid_briefs/6_briefing_China.pdf
https://covid19.healthdata.org/china?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend 

Kockorzo said:
Coming back to China and Chinese production, it is unlikely^3  in itself that they weren’t prepared for a global broadcast as to only air 4 episodes and go on an undefined hiatus owing to that virus which has put blemish enough already. If China was involved, they wouldn’t be producing episodes while airing and if they were involved in animation of a global broadcast, the whole project certainly wouldn’t be turned upside down due to a 2 week discrepancy. Something like this has to pass through the keen eye of the regulators and it simply wouldn’t be approved to air if incomplete.

Something has gone terribly wrong and it definitely is not COVID.

Like I said, I'm not arguing that the current COVID situation in China is the real reason to delay the episodes. There are good arguments to believe Aniplex is using it as a convenient excuse to hide their own mismanagement.

Kockorzo said:
Either you clicked read more, scrolled to the bottom and read this first or you actually did read in whatever mind that which I wrote above, I was quoting in perspective of the animation supposedly being done by China though the person did say, made in China so it’s an entirely different thing, even though your words just flew in the air I am glad that you wrote such a comprehensive response and though I did intend to start a baseless argument, something just tells me that your aren’t gonna respond to it... Though I wrote because I wanted to write you may still find some truth in my baseless talk given current context, a delay after just 4 weeks of airing is pathetic, it shouldn’t happen.

That was probably my mistake, I should have included the other comments in the thread asking why COVID was still relevant in China in 2023. I didn't wanted to single you out, I just wanted to clarify something a lot of users in this thread semmed confused about.

By the way, this delay absolutely sucks, whatever the reason is. Hopefully it won't be too long and won't affect the quality of the show, which has been great so far.
Andan210Jan 23, 2023 7:06 AM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Jan 24, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2014
Spoof_490 said:
Unleashed_SM said:
How is it only A1 with this problem? If Covid is an issue, wouldn’t more studios delay their shows as well?

The studio that's making Ayakashi triangle is also postponed because of covid
Correction: After researching a bit, it's not because of A-1 Pictures. So it's not all A-1 Picture shows.

The one thing all the series that have been delayed this season have in common is that Aniplex is behind them. Aniplex gives out these series to studios to make the anime and outsources them. It's only Aniplex productions that are getting delayed, from what I can tell. This goes back to the 86 delays. That's where we can see all of this starting. I think it actually has to do with production issues. Whether COVID-19 is actually a factor of that, I don't know, but there definitely is production issues going on.
Jan 24, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
Meh. That really sucks. :<
Jan 24, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 2019
V1P3R0P said:
deg said:
im not gonna be surprise if this is fake news to hide the bad production schedule again since there were other anime that made thesame covid excuse but was revealed by some leakers to be fake news

here some sakuga community users are talking about it covid is a convenient excuse this days for fail management https://mobile.twitter.com/exaenae/status/1616828243360813059

Well, we can't just brush this off as a fake news since COVID is spreading at a heavy rate in China and most of Japan. China, afaik is under a stirct lockdown due to this. But then again, it's a good coverup as you told. But I'd want to believe its former rather than the latter.

It seems both... there's already some production issues, so just some inconvenience would immediately send this anime to the shadow realm.

If it was just mainly because of COVID, episode should have been delayed for 1-2 weeks and not indefinitely.
nevergainJan 24, 2023 10:09 AM
Jan 24, 2023 10:40 PM

Oct 2009
I really hope the delays won't take too long... maybe a 2 weeks or so and back to normal. When things started to look good, I guess, I'll have to put it in the On-Hold until things get back to normal again :/ 
Jan 26, 2023 6:09 AM
Oct 2019
Kubo and now this too? wtf

Damn we already on 2023 but still Covid-19..
Jan 29, 2023 11:08 AM
Aug 2016
There is no reason to believe any company using Covid as an excuse in 2023. Stop acting like it is a plague bruh.
Jan 29, 2023 6:21 PM
Apr 2021
This is unfortunate and all but outside of the covid thing possibly just being an excuse for production problems...

how can we not rule out the possibility that this is just an elaborate ploy from Yoko Taro to troll us all with the "reruns" actually having new content similar to the different routes in the games
Jan 30, 2023 3:49 AM

Jun 2016
more like production issues covered with covid !!

thats not something new !!

they are just bad !!
Jan 31, 2023 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
Feb 1, 2023 5:04 AM

Aug 2017
deg said:
im not gonna be surprise if this is fake news to hide the bad production schedule again since there were other anime that made thesame covid excuse but was revealed by some leakers to be fake news

I think it's fake. I read covid imaging for my job, and I am seeing very little these days. Covid is done. It's been done for about a year.
zekuOnTheWay said:
There is no reason to believe any company using Covid as an excuse in 2023. Stop acting like it is a plague bruh.

Yep
CarbonMDFeb 1, 2023 5:08 AM
Feb 4, 2023 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Kockorzo said:
Andan210 said:

To clarify why COVID is still relevant in China in 2023: China had a very, very strict policy of "zero COVID" since early 2020, which meant they would lock down entire cities or regions in order to keep poeple from interacting with each other and getting infected. However at the end of 2022, after 3 years of this, there were massive protests and social unrest in many major cities of China because the population was tired of the lockdowns, with the prospect of things getting uglier unless something was done. And so, the Chinese government entirely backtracked it's "zero COVID" policy in order to calm down the population.

It's important to note that China doesn't use any vaccine produced in any Western country, and studies show that the Chinese vaccines are generally less effective. Also, the most vulnareble population in China, the elderly, has mostly rejected vaccination. And finally, you have a huge number of infected Chinese people traveling to other cities and regions because of the Chinese New Year this month.

That's why the number of infections and deaths related to COVID in China has been massive since last month, and it's going to keep rising in the inmediate future. Basically, China is experiencing what the rest of the world experienced in 2020, only they are doing it almost 3 years later.

With this I don't mean to say that Aniplex isn't lying to our faces about COVID being the reason to delay the episodes. For all we know, it may be COVID, or it may be that they have a really shitty work schedule. I just wanted to give some context about the situation.

Yes certainly, staff members could have had been infected 2-3 weeks ago when infections were officially on an increase. But that was 2-3 weeks ago, while trying to contain it, they are also trying to hide the epidemic spread of injections. One may even say they have succeeded in doing so. Come three moons and the world has revolved a thousand, your information seems to be outdated. Coming back to China and Chinese production, it is unlikely^3 in itself that they weren’t prepared for a global broadcast as to only air 4 episodes and go on an undefined hiatus owing to that virus which has put blemish enough already. If China was involved, they wouldn’t be producing episodes while airing and if they were involved in animation of a global broadcast, the whole project certainly wouldn’t be turned upside down due to a 2 week discrepancy. Something like this has to pass through the keen eye of the regulators and it simply wouldn’t be approved to air if incomplete.

Either you clicked read more, scrolled to the bottom and read this first or you actually did read in whatever mind that which I wrote above, I was quoting in perspective of the animation supposedly being done by China though the person did say, made in China so it’s an entirely different thing, even though your words just flew in the air I am glad that you wrote such a comprehensive response and though I did intend to start a baseless argument, something just tells me that your aren’t gonna respond to it... Though I wrote because I wanted to write you may still find some truth in my baseless talk given current context, a delay after just 4 weeks of airing is pathetic, it shouldn’t happen. Something has gone terribly wrong and it definitely is not COVID.

This kind of delays have been going on way before the china ooops, I meant the wuhan Omigosh pardon me (QBZ-95 clicked) Ahem ..It..was..COVID-19..
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 4, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2022
Covid or not, it's Aniplex's fault for releasing an unfinished product.

Trying to maximize profit with strict deadlines backfires every time.

A shame it has spread to the anime industry as well. This shit has plagued video games for the last decade.

Honestly, idk why they even bother with the repeat broadcast, like they'll be able to fix it within a month, and don't just delay the show by a season or two. The show will probably just keep running into another delay after 2-3 weeks if they try to rush the broadcast again. Or end up like the RWBY anime where the quality of the show gets progressively worse as time goes by due to production rush.

Though at least Ice Queendom started with some quality animation, and declined as it went along. Ver1.1a started at the bottom, and if it goes any lower, we'll probably be looking at a powerpoint presentation made from game screenshots.
Feb 4, 2023 7:55 AM
Jun 2007
Only this studio has the problem and the rest dont have?
Feb 4, 2023 2:02 PM

Aug 2020
Sigh another show that is being postponed... But it's for the best. So I hope they all get well soon, take care my brothers from the other side of the world.

Feb 4, 2023 10:37 PM

Mar 2021
Me when i cant watch 2B-uttcheeks weekly anymore
Feb 5, 2023 10:19 AM

Feb 2021
Thank God. According to schedule the next episode will air on the 18th of February: https://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/6601/time
zekuOnTheWay said:
ineser said:
Only this studio has the problem and the rest dont have?
It seems so. No other studio makes such explanations. It is strange.
MemoreFeb 5, 2023 10:24 AM
Feb 5, 2023 12:16 PM
Feb 2021
M7md_Shoura said:
is there any chance that they redo the cgi in later epidsodes?
The CGI is fine.
Since you seem to have a problem with it, how about you do the CGI? Show them how it's done. I'm sure lots of people would be interested in seeing your amazing CGI work.

Andan210 said:
Kockorzo said:

Ah well, I haven’t even started watching it... Still, the situation must be dire. Any production in China is overseen by the CCP. Even the slightest of grime can accumulate into something significant if left unattended, they understand this best. This is a global broadcast, special supervision is normally present. They wouldn’t want to associate COVID delays to themselves as it would suggest poor administration and well, a disease outbreak. They have worked hard to revert the reports back to zero, something like this being announced to the world from China is just pure blague. In China the currency is blood and tears, I don’t think the production in China is causing the delay, it must be the other half you spoke about. If the news is true, this information will be explicitly mentioned, if it is true and it is not mentioned we can assume otherwise but it still would seem strange to me.
This is pure conjecture though so it wouldn’t surprise me if I have fallen into grave blunder, I am not well read into the inner workings of animation studios so it wouldn’t be great ennui if my perception is completely off-target.

To clarify why COVID is still relevant in China in 2023: China had a very, very strict policy of "zero COVID" since early 2020, which meant they would lock down entire cities or regions in order to keep people from interacting with each other and getting infected. However at the end of 2022, after 3 years of this, there were massive protests and social unrest in many major cities of China because the population was tired of the lockdowns, with the prospect of things getting uglier unless something was done. And so, the Chinese government entirely backtracked it's "zero COVID" policy in order to calm down the population.
There was unreset everywhere due to lockdowns and vaccines for a while. Mostly because people are generally science illiterate and have no idea what a vaccine is or how it works, which is why to this day you still get people saying "I got all the vaccines and still got it, it was obviously garbage." They assume that vaccines protect you from getting it, which isn't the case. That's not how vaccines work. Not a single one of them.

Vaccines are like putting up wanted posters in an old west down. It doesn't stop the bank robber (the virus) from strolling into town (your body), but the town's sheriff (your immune system) knows what they look like and is ready to have a shootout at high noon when/if the bank robber does show up.
Euthymia_GervFeb 5, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 5, 2023 9:36 PM

Dec 2022

Euthymia_Gerv said:
The CGI is fine.
Since you seem to have a problem with it, how about you do the CGI? Show them how it's done. I'm sure lots of people would be interested in seeing your amazing CGI work.
I'd like to disagree that it's "fine".

The fact that Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex from over 20 years ago managed better looking CGI robots than Nier should be shameful.

I've seen independent animators on Youtube repurpose video game assets better.

It's just not okay that the animation is of that quality for an adaptation of a beloved franchise by one of the largest studios in Japan.
Feb 5, 2023 10:00 PM

Dec 2022
Memore said:
Thank God. According to schedule the next episode will air on the 18th of February: https://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/6601/time
I'd take it with a grain of salt considering they haven't announced anything yet. It could be a placeholder.
And I have a distinct feeling that if they do release episode 4 on the 18th, they'll just end up pushing the delay two or three episodes further back and we'll end up in the same situation  again after episode 5 or 6. 
It really depends on how far into the pipeline each episode was at the time of release, but considering the almost complete lack of marketing material featuring anything beyond episode 3 and the rushed-looking animation, I doubt that they were anywhere near ready.
Noko-Feb 5, 2023 10:05 PM
Feb 6, 2023 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
Noko- said:
Memore said:
I'd take it with a grain of salt considering they haven't announced anything yet. It could be a placeholder.
And I have a distinct feeling that if they do release episode 4 on the 18th, they'll just end up pushing the delay two or three episodes further back and we'll end up in the same situation  again after episode 5 or 6. 
It really depends on how far into the pipeline each episode was at the time of release, but considering the almost complete lack of marketing material featuring anything beyond episode 3 and the rushed-looking animation, I doubt that they were anywhere near ready.

I understand and agree with you. Let's hope that they have solved all the production diffuculties and ready to air new episodes.
Feb 6, 2023 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
Euthymia_Gerv said:
M7md_Shoura said:
is there any chance that they redo the cgi in later epidsodes?
The CGI is fine.

Andan210 said:

To clarify why COVID is still relevant in China in 2023: China had a very, very strict policy of "zero COVID" since early 2020, which meant they would lock down entire cities or regions in order to keep people from interacting with each other and getting infected. However at the end of 2022, after 3 years of this, there were massive protests and social unrest in many major cities of China because the population was tired of the lockdowns, with the prospect of things getting uglier unless something was done. And so, the Chinese government entirely backtracked it's "zero COVID" policy in order to calm down the population.
There was unreset everywhere due to lockdowns and vaccines for a while. Mostly because people are generally science illiterate and have no idea what a vaccine is or how it works, which is why to this day you still get people saying "I got all the vaccines and still got it, it was obviously garbage." They assume that vaccines protect you from getting it, which isn't the case. That's not how vaccines work. Not a single one of them.

Vaccines are like putting up wanted posters in an old west down. It doesn't stop the bank robber (the virus) from strolling into town (your body), but the town's sheriff (your immune system) knows what they look like and is ready to have a shootout at high noon when/if the bank robber does show up.

Well said. The majority of the global population sadly doesn't have science literacy or critical thinking skills, and they're easy targets for any kind of disinformation.

Although to be fair, the protests against the "zero COVID" policy in China in 2022 are not really comparable with the anti-lockdown/anti-vaccine protests that happened in the rest of the world in 2020-2021. That's because, according to the reports and testimonies, the government of the Communist Chinese Party ended up hijacking this public health policy and transforming it into yet another measure of strict social control for the population. So basically, the protests were a consequence of the Chinese government fucking things up.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 6, 2023 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
Noko- said:

Euthymia_Gerv said:
The CGI is fine.

The fact that Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex from over 20 years ago managed better looking CGI robots than Nier should be shameful.

It's just not okay that the animation is of that quality for an adaptation of a beloved franchise by one of the largest studios in Japan.

You seem to be such a great CGI expert. Why don't you do better? I mean I'm sure they'd appreciate the help, and would probably even pay you for it. Maybe. At the very least, you can show them up and put them to shame.

I'm sure that whatever you did, I could nitpick crap about it and berate you for what a terrible job you did as would many others.
Feb 8, 2023 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Euthymia_Gerv said:
Noko- said:

You seem to be such a great CGI expert. Why don't you do better? I mean I'm sure they'd appreciate the help, and would probably even pay you for it. Maybe. At the very least, you can show them up and put them to shame.

I'm sure that whatever you did, I could nitpick crap about it and berate you for what a terrible job you did as would many others.
This is such a bad argument. You don't need to be able to do something better or do it yourself to be allowed to criticise it or else you would never be able to criticise almost anything, including whatever the political leaders are doing. They compared 2 examples of cgi, saying one team did it better than the other. How is that not a fair statement? I guess you could argue about their tone but not the fact that they were critical at all.
Feb 10, 2023 3:40 PM
Oct 2013
Hope there will be an episode today!
Feb 10, 2023 9:14 PM

Mar 2019
Fuaa this anime is so good. 
Feb 14, 2023 4:35 AM

Jun 2011
Aren't episodes made months ahead though ? How come a few weeks delay would help ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2023 9:45 PM
Feb 2021
Seiya0890 said:
Aren't episodes made months ahead though ? How come a few weeks delay would help ?

Even 200+ million dollar Hollywood films have things going on pretty much until the last minute these days. We don't know what exactly was being worked on at the time of the shutdown. For all we know everything is done and all it was was some last-minute deliverables, and the delay was simply that they couldn't get into the office to actually deliver them.
Feb 19, 2023 3:16 AM

Jun 2011
Euthymia_Gerv said:
Seiya0890 said:

Even 200+ million dollar Hollywood films have things going on pretty much until the last minute these days. We don't know what exactly was being worked on at the time of the shutdown. For all we know everything is done and all it was was some last-minute deliverables, and the delay was simply that they couldn't get into the office to actually deliver them.

I see, well I guess we will never know the reason ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Mar 18, 2023 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
Stark700 said:
Episode 9 and beyond getting more delays

https://nierautomata-anime.com/news/?id=62685

Again? It isn't funny anymore. Very bad news.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why It got hate?

Otaku_guru - Mar 5

21 by Kristiwazhere »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

149 by Seygneur »»
May 27, 11:32 AM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Embient - Jul 23, 2023

112 by SettyLove »»
May 16, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Are you an Anime-only or Player of the game?

Rob7 - Apr 27

16 by Kirito_Sama_ »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

105 by Rob7 »»
Apr 26, 9:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.