Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2022 12:14 AM
Mar 2021
Is the anime taking a parallel story or is it adapting the main story of the game? Do I need to play the game first or will I be able to enjoy the anime alone?
Oct 29, 2022 12:33 AM
Mar 2019
Take the anime as a way to enjoy the first part of the game. At the end, if it still makes you wishing for knowing the rest of the story, you can give the game a fair try.

The anime will probable adapt chapters 0-3 of the game, and we are currently seeing chapter 10 dropping in the EN server. There is no need to download the game just for the story, but yeah you can always see if you like the gameplay mechanics, still a great game and actually one of my favorites. Even people that skipped the entire story can enjoy the game for what it is aesthetically and strategically
Oct 29, 2022 12:36 AM
Feb 2020
Loayza said:
Is the anime taking a parallel story or is it adapting the main story of the game? Do I need to play the game first or will I be able to enjoy the anime alone?

The anime is adapting the very beginning of the game's main story, anyone without prior knowledge to this IP can watch it just fine, but I think reading the synopsis is a good start. So far, the anime hasn't skipped any detail from the game's beginning story.
Oct 29, 2022 12:42 AM
Mar 2021
pedrovsky said:
Take the anime as a way to enjoy the first part of the game. At the end, if it still makes you wishing for knowing the rest of the story, you can give the game a fair try.

The anime will probable adapt chapters 0-3 of the game, and we are currently seeing chapter 10 dropping in the EN server. There is no need to download the game just for the story, but yeah you can always see if you like the gameplay mechanics, still a great game and actually one of my favorites. Even people that skipped the entire story can enjoy the game for what it is aesthetically and strategically

Thanks, then I'll start with the anime and leave the game to continue the story when the anime finishes airing.
Oct 29, 2022 12:44 AM
Mar 2021
Akumaru03 said:
Loayza said:

The anime is adapting the very beginning of the game's main story, anyone without prior knowledge to this IP can watch it just fine, but I think reading the synopsis is a good start. So far, the anime hasn't skipped any detail from the game's beginning story.
Thanks for your help, I'll start with the anime today haha.
Oct 29, 2022 12:52 AM

Aug 2016
Loayza said:

I'd say watch the anime first and depending on how you like it you can decide if you like to play the game or not. Though the game is really good for its gameplay, the way they present the story is not for everyone. The story is shown like a visual novel, and has no voice acting, also it tend to be really long especially towards the later chapters. Even me whose a total fan-boy of AK has a hard time sitting through the story cause I hate reading especially from a phone.

But if that not an issue for you, I'd recommend you give the game a try too. There are a ton of side stories that are really great stories on there own, but also helps a lot with the worldbuilding, letting us know what else go on the world.

And the game is great for its gameplay alone even you don't care a bit about the storing. It's one of the best strategy games out there, not only on mobile but as a whole, well at least in my opinion.
Oct 29, 2022 2:32 AM
Dec 2016
To watch the anime?? Nah the anime covers the game's story's first few chapters so you don't need prior knowledge from the game to watch it... That being said you should definitely try the game out, its a genuinely fun and good game.

I do think they had a big of an info dump on the first episode though, that might push away new viewers that won't stick around for a few more episodes to understand the whole context for whats happening.
Oct 29, 2022 3:44 AM
Jul 2021
Loayza said:

the anime is episode 1 of game story you can watch anime first then play the game.

don't worry arknight very f2p friendly and low rarity can beat the game.

looks like anime will adapt chapter 1 and chapter 2 of the game, then chapter 3 for season 2 frost nova arc maybe.
RedCobra75Oct 29, 2022 9:52 PM
Oct 29, 2022 5:18 AM
Jun 2020
Loayza said:

play the game and be a whale
Oct 29, 2022 5:20 AM
Mar 2021
Thank you all for your help, I will start with the anime and then play the game.
Oct 29, 2022 5:26 AM

Feb 2013
it telling the same story I see no reason you have to play it First.

More topics from this board

» Non Arknights players?

_Aokii - Oct 29, 2022

23 by Nimo127 »»
May 27, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.