MyAnimeList.net

Ranked #6591
Maker Hikoushiki Hatsune Mix (Manga)

Maker Hikoushiki Hatsune Mix

Chapters: 32
Status: Finished
Published: Nov 26, 2007 to Dec 2010
Genres: Comedy
Authors: KEI (Story & Art)
Serialization: Comic Rush

Score: 7.281 (scored by 1937 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page.

My Info

Popular Tags

comedy
Jun 7, 2009
dodex1000
This manga sort of functions like a compilation of short stories, each short story having a different setting and set of characters than the last. The only characters that are consistent between chapters are the Vocaloids (and even some of them are missing in certain chapters.)
There is a wide variation of story lines between each chapter. The plots can at times be very hard to follow, but other ones are relatively straightforward. None of them are very well written, they're amusing at best and confounding at the worst.
The art is done by the original character designer of Miku and I have to say, he(?) read more
Jan 24, 2010
Keitaro004
The artist "KEI" should be familiar to all Hatsune Miku fans. Not only is he her father/designer, he frequently draws covers for the PSP/Vita/PS3 games as well and even has art books dedicated to Miku. He made this manga is made with a very simple goal in mind: To please "Vocaloid" fans. And that's what it did.

The manga starts with Meiko returning from work, when she suddenly notices a green-haired chibi-girl in an orange box at the street, just like a kitten. Meiko returns home with her, teaches her to talk and puts on a collar (Obviously a DearS reference). A great start for a read more
Jan 9, 2014
HatchetGirl
Really, just a cute manga! It's not outstanding or anything(Well, the art work might be, it's pretty good!), it probably won't stick with you forever, the characters, while they might stick with you for a while, it will probably be because of other Vocaloid-related things, like the songs and music videos, but it's definitely worth a read. There really isn't much I can say here, it isn't amazing or awful, it's just a relaxing read. Recommended to Vocaloid fans!
Dec 12, 2010
Omnicore
The Maker Unofficial: Hatsune Mix is a compilation of short stories intended for comic relief for the Vocaloid admirer. Drawn and written by KEI - character designer for Crypton Future Media's Vocaloid2: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin/Len and Megurine Luka - it is the ultimate example of "Why let good character concepts go to waste?" After all... Would you be satisfied with creating just a boxart?
Because of KEI's characters being only said five and a story being quite lacking with only 5 characters, KEI has added more of the Vocaloid family (MEIKO and KAITO being good examples). However, because they were not his design, their names read more
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices