Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Rebecca looking helpless this episode...

On the other hand, we did get a big fight again involving the crew and Element 4. Shiki seems more like the underdog here. To no one's surprise, Element 4 is protrayed as a cruel group. Not going to lie, this episode felt tough to watch from their point of view. Drakken Joe and Fie are cruel humans.
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 AM
Jun 2020
This stuff is getting really dark really fast... I'm enjoying it.
Apr 29, 2023 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Homura against Sylph, and the former know what she has no chance against the Element 4 of Wind to escape from her clutches. Homura landing herself in a masquerade cabaret club to make of a disguise, though it does not take long for Sylph to find her from her wind Ether trace. Master Noah seeing value in Rebecca as the aforementioned No. 29, and Daichi finally lifts his 60-day torture ban to invoke his effect on Rebecca, though Laguna quickly stops him. Fie obtaining Weisz from Sibir, and with Jinn and Shiki matching in their Overdrive powers, Drakken comes in to steal the spotlight, and Shiki comes undone with the villain knowing that he is the key to unleashing the Cat's power, being a Satan Gravity user, just like the person that he was taught the power from: the Demon King Ziggy.

The Edens Zero crew, helpless before Drakken Joe and his Element 4, proceeds to get absolutely tortured by them, which shows the extent of the main villain's villainy. Getting back at them for the unauthorized breaking into his realm, even if Rebecca surrenders herself to Drakken Joe, he would still kill Shiki and the others, as such with Fie cutting one of Weisz's arm off. Even then, Drakken Joe's main goal is still Edens Zero, and not even the Four Shining Stars have enough power to retaliate against those who infiltrated the ship. With this, the entirety of Edens Zero is rounded, and it looks like the days of adventuring are about to end with Drakken Joe being the victor in all of this commotion.

The final nail in the coffin: Shiki getting shot by Drakken Joe, in the midst of his "power of friendship" plea of adventuring, he'll chase Drakken Joe to the ends of the Earth...or Space.

Is there any light left to shed of, since the story still continues...?
Apr 29, 2023 10:28 AM
May 2021
Damn Draken just showed dominance this ep!
Apr 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Nov 2019
THEY DID THE EPISODE JUSTICE!!!!!
it was amazing in my opinion
Apr 29, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2022
God damn it they're so WEAKKKKK
They're surprised/overreacting about the angatonist's power.
Pisses me off..
KiryotsuApr 29, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 29, 2023 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
RIP Shiki cannot wait for next episodes
Apr 29, 2023 11:57 AM

Sep 2020
I was not expecting this at all...
Apr 29, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit man I never seen any of Mashima other works so idk if he normally does stuff like this but this was the best Eden’s Zero ep and subverted a lot of traditional battle shonen tropes.

This whole episode I kept thinking there was gonna be some power up or asspull that got Shiki and them out of the situation, but it never came. Weisz getting his arm chopped off was painful to watch, everyone just being powerless and helpless in the face of an overwhelming enemy was rough and then that shot straight between the eyes holy shit.

Jesus reference with the on the 7th day stuff so shiki definitely coming back but it’s gonna be interesting to see how.
Apr 29, 2023 12:16 PM

Nov 2019
@Marinate1016
Edens Zero is amazing! it´s much darker it´s closer to Rave Master Hiro´s series before Fairy Tail
While Fairy Tail is a lighthearted series it has a bit of dark moments but anime version is censored
But I think you will love Edens Zero!
MiraStraussFan99Apr 29, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 29, 2023 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
This took a very dark turn. This show isn't supposed to be like that!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 29, 2023 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
Well that sure took a dark turn. I wasn't expecting that. I was watching this show for casual fun but now im completely hooked. Great episode
ShadzzoApr 29, 2023 1:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2023 1:18 PM

Nov 2019
@Shadzzo
This episode also shocked everyone in the manga too the first time they had read it !
Edens Zero is a amazing series!
Apr 29, 2023 1:32 PM
Nov 2022
can me pls someone explain why you like this show? For me, humour doesnt work, i dont like how the female cast get treated, story so la la, animation, I dont care, fights alright. - overall not enjoying it at all.
Apr 29, 2023 2:25 PM

Nov 2017
Well, this episode got pretty dark lol
Apr 29, 2023 3:47 PM

Dec 2018
please god allow a swift and horrific end to these villains. it's time for RIGHTEOUS ANGER. i want to see their crap kicked in so bad and i don't mean like they're interesting villains like vegeta or frieza i mean i have nothing but visceral hatred and i want to see them torn into shreds.
Apr 29, 2023 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
Was looking forward to the adaptation of this chapter and J.C. Staff delivered.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2018
Dodo-Wei said:
can me pls someone explain why you like this show? For me,  humour doesnt work,  i dont like how the female cast get treated,  story so la la,  animation,  I dont care, fights alright. - overall not enjoying it at all.
well, part of it (for me, since i can't speak for everyone) is that it's kind of a lampoon on other series but it also has a really emotional side to it with the cast, and not just the main characters. one of the most interesting and touching things is the opportunity for redemption and understanding. although personally i want to see these baddies get obliterated into dust i have a feeling there's a few that are apprehensive about the treatment of others. a lot of the humor for me falls flat on its face but it still has enjoyable moments and i'd like to see their adventure through.
Apr 29, 2023 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
wow this was way darker and brutal than I expected

🇦‌🇳‌🇮‌🇲‌🇪‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇸‌🇹‌
🇵‌🇷‌🇴‌🇫‌🇮‌🇱‌🇪‌
🇲‌🇺‌🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌

Apr 29, 2023 5:40 PM

Nov 2012
Well, I guess we know why the Dr gets into robotics. I wonder if he''ll build a Shiki.
Apr 29, 2023 6:19 PM
Nov 2020
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????W
Apr 29, 2023 7:07 PM
Jan 2016
Holy fuck this got dark fast...definitly darker than Fairytail...haven't seen a shounen episode this dark in a minute.
Apr 29, 2023 8:00 PM
Aug 2018
drakken joe is really a pure evil villain, shiki and friends are desperate, awesome episode, can't wait for the next episode
Apr 29, 2023 8:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So they lost the fight, even with Shiki. Thought Weisz fate already the worse one. But damn after he shot the old man in the bar, Joe also casually shot Shiki right on the head between those eyes. Same Shiki same. Thought this is some fun space adventure and shit. But turns out they can make something so tense up like this. Tho idk why they kept mentioning Rebecca have some importance to those pinch situation. Maybe she'll activate her gear to some degree which find a way to reverse everything back to normal in time? Or something similar effect related to her dream. Well...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 29, 2023 8:38 PM
Apr 2022
anime only was not expecting this...
this episode was so good 🔥
Apr 29, 2023 9:46 PM
Mar 2015
Say it ain't so Shiki Actually an old shonen trope where everything appears hopeless and our heroes are defeated only then can the heroes come back  it is called the Night of Despair  or Darkest Hour
landofthekwtApr 29, 2023 9:52 PM
Apr 29, 2023 9:50 PM
Jan 2023
Bad Ending of Edens Zero 😭
Apr 29, 2023 10:39 PM

Jan 2021
well this got dark really soon 😭 S1 and S2 are practically like Yin and Yang rn 😭
Apr 29, 2023 10:55 PM
Jul 2021
this is wasting episode, full of weak insects.
Apr 29, 2023 11:09 PM
May 2021
Fairy tail author showing he got different plans with eden zero. This episode was dark
Apr 29, 2023 11:31 PM
Aug 2018
Heroes losing is okay but they should lose in style. The fight were just so bad, almost as the author just wanted to reach the conclusion but didn't want to put effort into fight where the heroes lose. 
To make this scene works, you need the heroes to fight, until the end, where they are trying their best, come up with new stuff and realize how powerless they are. Some One Piece scene are a good example.
But, the problem of Edens Zero is... they don't show you anything worthwhile.

Rebecca didn't even fight. She just got captured.
Homura didn't even fight. She just got captured.
(Element 4 wind power is really good if you want to kill any tension, but, I guess she's probably going to join Edens Zero so she can't hurt them),
Happy didn't fight, Pino didn't fight. 
Weisz did fight but not only it was nothing special, he just got hit by a sniper. 
Shiki barely fought (he throws one punch ! Amazing).
The "fourth shining stars" didn't fight.

It would have been much better if we had some real fight before the conclusion. We didn't and that's really bad for a shounen. 

If you add the fact that Drakken, who is supposedly a great fan of rules, can't even have a single coherent rule (or having his own team respect them) :
Don't hurt Rebecca --> They hurt Rebecca
Don't kill them --> Sniper wants to kill Weisz, wind guy wants to kill Shiki, they fought Rebecca in space, (not going to talk about Drakken killing Shiki since it's probably related to Rebecca power),
Rebecca is on our team --> Keep changing the way they treat her every single second (Want to kill her, then capture her, then let her sleep in a bed without any restraints, then put her in a cage, then put her in water, then put her on the floor with restraints),

To sum up : The five first episode are a mess. A dark mess, maybe, but still a mess. 
Apr 30, 2023 12:09 AM
Oct 2019
Holy shit, shit goes Dark really fast!!

Idk why in this episode the way the Ether power aura looks so good.

Ngl dude, i was expecting some miracle to comes, you know like on Fairy Tail.
But no, there is no Miracles, no power of Friendship bullshit.

I heard from Manga Reader before saying shit goes dark dark in Eden Zero but i wasn't expecting it to be like this.
Maybe because of years watching Fairy Tail.

Anyway this is Rare W for Hiro Mashima.
davidyodo24Apr 30, 2023 12:13 AM
Apr 30, 2023 12:27 AM
Jan 2018
useless Shiki cant even show his power
Apr 30, 2023 1:23 AM
Jun 2021
anyone else getting high walking dead negan vibes , author must have been inspired from that.
Apr 30, 2023 3:08 AM

Oct 2018
finally the moment where Edens Zero was different from Fairy Tail in ambiance with those dark scene, and there will be a flashback more darker too so hope to see it soon
Apr 30, 2023 4:50 AM

Oct 2011
wasn't expecting it to turn this dark that fast ;o

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Apr 30, 2023 5:22 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn. Definitely the darkest ep of EZ yet. Already on another level compared to Fairy Tail! Seeing arms get chopped off and people shot in the head. Hats off to the gruesomeness of it 👍

Sucks to see literally everyone in the crew take an L. You think they’d do better in some of those fights, especially Homura.

I’m guessing Rebecca is actually an android? Based on that water guy’s comment about “real tears”.

I guess Weisz will only have one arm from now on 😬

I think Rebecca will activate her leaper ability in a moment. I think we saw that in the trailer at the end of season one.

Drakken Joe sucks lol. Good on Shiki for still being open to being his friend after he defeats him.
Apr 30, 2023 6:32 AM
Aug 2021
Dodo-Wei said:
can me pls someone explain why you like this show? For me, humour doesnt work, i dont like how the female cast get treated, story so la la, animation, I dont care, fights alright. - overall not enjoying it at all.

why are you still watching and how in the world did you reach S2 if you don't like the show? make it make sense. 🤦‍♂️
Apr 30, 2023 6:50 AM
Nov 2022
Keeeb said:
Dodo-Wei said:

why are you still watching and how in the world did you reach S2 if you don't like the show? make it make sense. 🤦‍♂️

I didnt watch the first season. Its a shounen so I thought, it cant be too complex to unterstand. Yes, I am not so invested in the chars cuz of it, but that isnt the problem what I have with the show. For 3 weeks I watched the first two episodes, I liked it. The scene with the water guy and garlic was refreshing, but yesterday the remaining eps doesnt worked at all, except the dark turn. Perhaps the show doesnt work for me to bingewatch. idk. For now I watch it weakly and see how this will go.
Apr 30, 2023 6:55 AM
Jul 2013
Desesperación, sufrimiento e impotencia, supieron adaptar muy bien la muerte de Shiki a manos de Drakken Joe.

Excelente trabajo J.C.Staff. 👏🏼

•Y por si se lo preguntan, si, de verdad Drakken se cargo a este Shiki.
Apr 30, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2019
Dodo-Wei said:
Keeeb said:

I didnt watch the first season. Its a shounen so I thought, it cant be too complex to unterstand. Yes, I am not so invested in the chars cuz of it, but that isnt the problem what I have with the show. For 3 weeks I watched the first two episodes, I liked it. The scene with the water guy and garlic was refreshing, but yesterday the remaining eps doesnt worked at all, except the dark turn. Perhaps the show doesnt work for me to bingewatch. idk. For now I watch it weakly and see how this will go.

My man wtf ?? You skippet a whole ass 2 cours season and then you say you are confused why people like this??? I have no idea what to tell you
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Apr 30, 2023 7:07 AM
Aug 2021
Dodo-Wei said:
Keeeb said:

then just drop the show. easy and simple. that's the solution to your problem. 🤦‍♂️
Apr 30, 2023 8:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow what happened... looks like a game over, Wise's chopped arm was already very tough but shooting Shiki a bullet in a the face... wtf, I wonder what's going to happen next, resurrection? No idea
Apr 30, 2023 10:00 AM
Apr 2022
As many times I seen main character get defeated but not like this I can’t even begin to guess where the story goes from here on I wish this episode was just bad dream that never happened I just hope next week something anything good happens
Apr 30, 2023 2:11 PM

Jul 2019
Jeez this episode got me kinda scared, but I already knew that all this would happen, and still give me chills!
                                                        "𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Apr 30, 2023 2:56 PM

Jun 2019
Damn... this shit turned dark so quickly. RIP Shiki. Everything is in tatters. There seems to be no hope for them. Owari DA
May 1, 2023 3:42 AM

Feb 2021
Wait... I don't think Shiki is dead...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 1, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2017
shits really happened in this kind of anime
May 1, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2017
shits really happened in this kind of anime
May 3, 2023 6:58 AM

Sep 2009
Dodo-Wei said:
Keeeb said:

I didnt watch the first season. Its a shounen so I thought,  it cant be too complex to unterstand. Yes,  I am not so invested in the chars cuz of it,  but that isnt the problem what I have with the show. For 3 weeks I watched the first two episodes,  I liked it. The scene with the water guy and garlic was refreshing,  but yesterday the remaining eps doesnt worked at all,  except the dark turn. Perhaps the show doesnt work for me to bingewatch. idk. For now I watch it weakly and see how this will go.
if you didn't watch the first series, why the hell are you watching the second series? That is just completely stupid. 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

47 by dhell26 »»
Mar 23, 9:39 PM

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Feb 21

5 by yukiyamayui »»
Feb 27, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2023

33 by HavoKalypto »»
Feb 8, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

36 by Arisa_85 »»
Jan 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

29 by JotaSensei »»
Jan 8, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.