Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2020 9:49 AM
Jun 2016
Tsundere_Slayer said:
Okeanix said:

*Best possible way*

How many times you have to die to achieve best path. Die again even it was good path because you can't know it was really perfect until knowing all others possible futures.

But Echidna possesses immense knowledge and she even said she won't force him to use return by death, So I think she is capable of achieving the best possible way more efficiently than Subaru and by also limiting the number of time he dies.
Meaning he will die less and also be on the best path otherwise why would Subaru even consider the contract in the first place?

One issue I can see with that is both Echidna and Satella don't seem to consider the people Subaru loves as part of his best future. That's why Rem was cast aside, and that's why Beatrice doesn't seem to matter as much. Subaru doesn't want that future, even if it will be the best route for him, with the least amount of suffering and death.
Sep 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2020
SumRndmPenguin said:

She was probably going to try every single scenario. She wasn't lying when she said "Best possible route", but Subaru's situation is kinda like the Traveling Salesman Problem. There are probably hundreds of different routes that Subaru could go down, and even though Subaru has higher mental stability than a lot of people, we've only seen around 10-15 routes so far, and there were already routes like the rabbit one or episode 15. Imagine how many routes similar or worse than those would be there.

*Insert realization while I'm writing*

He would either go insane, which Echidna would probably prevent, or he would become just like Roswaal.

Thanks buddy, that helps a lot.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Sep 23, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2019
Where do i even start/begin? at the start, so yeah, subaru came back to the trial and he started hearing some weird voice that sounded exactly like his and then he was showed all his deaths. This was really interesting, because in the last episode, one of the things most people didnt talk much about was what roswall said about Subaru restarting, he said that his current self would die and a new him would live the new cycle, he didnt say it in these exact same words, but it was basically that. It really had me thinking, like man! all those people in those alternative realities really died, like, theirselves died, but another him/her is living the new reality. And this episode really showed that all subaru's deaths had consequences too. At least that's a possibility, it might just be all made up in his mind although i dont think it is.
This brings me to my next point which is when rem appeared and saved him. Look, i cried like a little fucking bitch in this scene, it felt like that rooftop moment in season 1, but season 2. It was really fucking good, i teared my eyes out. Look, I didn't expect it to unfold like it did, lol. I felt kind of stupid when subaru said rem would never tell him to leave it all to her, i was like "true that", it was really unexpected for me and it kinda of breaked momentum.

Now all this happened in the first 11 minutes i think and i was like "Damn, i'm only 11 minutes in and there's still 15 minutes left" at this point this was already my favorite episode of the anime so you can only imagine how i felt. So we head into the next scene when subaru is taken to the tea party and echdina was being sus. I remember thinking "Wow, she's being so sus", but i what i liked about her and her attitude is how she doesn't seem to care like she almost doesn't understand why that would be sus and subaru explains it better later on. The bitch almost conviced my boy to form the contract with her, i was like "Bro, Subaru is such a fucking idiot, he's so dumb, he didn't even listen to the cons", but THANKFULLY, our girl the witch of greed appearead out of nowhere and interrupted their moment, she was cute while doing that btw, but yeah, after that its revealed that echdina lied about the witches being imprisioned inside her, or she didn't i didn't really get that to be honest, but what's interesting about echdina is that she didn't lie, like, it really impressed me how she didn't lie about anything or how she didn't tried to stop the witch of wrath from telling subaru that there are cons to this contract.

But after that, 5 of the 6 remaining witches appear and they have this moment of like, all of them trying to convince subaru to do something, and then echdina has to explain her full plan to him and we have this amazing scene of her explaining it with so much passion, the camera does a 360 and an epic soundtrack starts playing in the background. when she said "i'll let you use my body" i got horny, bc she's hot and that was a hot line. Moving on, Subaru comes to the realization that she's infact deluded and crazy and he'll not form the contract with her. He also asks about beatrice and it was echdina's answer was really interesting. I didn't fully get what happened and i'm not really sure who's the guilty one there, but Subaru gets really mad at her and makes up his mind to take Beako's hand and make her his number one. I'm not really sure what that means, but we'll have to see.

And in the end, HER! the fucking witch of envy appears and she's ready to join their tea party!

Echdina's clearly angry and some of the witches apperead scared.

The fact that the next week's episode is gonna be the last makes it all the more important. I'm really hyped for the next episode and after this one, bruh, ANYTHING, literally anything can happen, but if have to make a prediction, I'd say that we will finally understand the motives behind satela's actions, i think that Subaru will really let out his anger and tell her how he feels about all she's put him through, really let her have it. I think that Satela and echdina will collide and we'll have one more piece to this puzzle. ultimately though, I'm certain it will end in a cliff hanger and we'll have to wait 3-4 months to find out what's gona happen :P. oh well.

One last thing tho, when the witch of lust said that if Subaru saw someone else's face is because he wanted to see it, it means that when he's fucked up, at rock bottom, the one he wants to comfort him and help him get back up again is Rem, so it means that his true number 1 is Rem and he needs to realize that. I wonder if when he realizes that he actually loves Rem he'll understand what Roswall said.

This was by far my favorite episode of Re:Zero so far, although i've felt similar to this watching other episodes.
Thank you if you've made it this far for whatever reason and I'd like to end this off with Rem Is Best Girl ❤️
FrostyinsideSep 23, 2020 10:26 AM
Sep 23, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2019
Torkip said:

Pretty sure Emilia still dies in the loops Subaru dies in arc 1. Even if she gets there in time, she’ll still run into Elsa. And I’m pretty sure that most times when something bad happens to Subaru, Emilia decides to drop out of the election cuz she’s depressed.

Regarding timeline 4, in the WN they inform Emilia of what happened. (fav reality, but was cut sadly lol). Emilia is angry cuz Rem brutalized Subaru, and asked why she did so. Rem cannot explain herself, as truthfully she was angry at Subaru for smelling and jealous of the time he spent with her sister. Emilia asked if she made a mistake, but Rem can’t lie, and it leaves Emilia really sad. She decides she cannot work with them anymore, she doesn’t trust them. Roswaal attempts to convince her that it was not that big a deal and that’s it childish to drop out of the race and ruin her own chances, just cuz of Subaru. Emilia slaps him, asks Rem for Subaru’s body to bury back home, thanks them for the opportunity and that she will find her own way to fulfill her goals, and leaves while lamenting the fact she failed Subaru and couldn’t do anything.

That's a huge devenlopment for a "reality just made from Subaru's memories and knowledge" (Echidna's best abiliity as we can see, just like in Ep. 4), and that is why i think the Anime adaptation did a good job in skip it and let this "IF" short like the others Subaru faced.
Feb 2020
I knew it from the beginning that satella was best girl(her intro in the last part was so cool!)

Can someone tell all the scenes that were skipped?
Oct 2019
WHAT A GREAT EPISODE! Fuck only 1 more episode left, I don't want this show to end.

Subaru and Emilia finally had their first kiss. It is kind of unfortunate that it was under horrible circumstance- Subaru dying and Emilia being insane.

Even though the 2nd trial was rushed (at least that what WN/LN reader have said) it brings up an interesting and intriguing question-what happen after Subaru return by death and restarts? Does the timeline continue? If so, that is so f*ck Subaru has killed himself a couple of time the guilt and confusion that Emilia, Beatrice and the others must have felt. Make me understand why Subaru nearly went mad again.

Turns out it was on the witches- Carmilla, the witch of Lust who had created a realistic and well-construction unreality from Subaru’s memories.
Carmilla seems innocent- she was only following Echidna’s instructions.

I do agree with Echidna, Subaru can’t keep dwelling on all the people he might have failed but look forward and count how people have saved. How many lives he has improved?

I love how honestly and truthfully Echidna is- “An evil scheme, of course. I am a witch”.

Echidna’s contract sounds horrible, I can’t Subaru was just about to accept the contract.

What is also surprising is that even though Subaru know how powerful the witches are especially Echidna he talks to them so casually and so doesn’t hold back how his truly feel even though she could easily harm him.

Echidna’s 360 speech was amazing- she really is the witch of Greed and her in insatiable thirst of knowledge is scary and dangerous. All she has wanted from Subaru is Return by Death Authority so she could fulfil her curiosity and gain even more knowledge.

Does that mean that all the tea parties before and the bonding was just an act to eventually to get Subaru to make the contract? Echidna is very clever and might have worked if it wasn’t for the other witches interfering.

WOW! Even Echidna doesn’t know how “that person” Beatrice is waiting for. She just toying with Beatrice for her own curiosity.

Finally, we meet Satella in the flesh, not possessed Emilia Satella. She looks good. Interesting to see some of the witches reaction. Echidna looks pissed and angry.
Can’t wait for the finale. I know there is going to be an annoying cliff-hanger.
Sep 23, 2020 9:53 AM
Sep 2020
vangoz said:
To be honest this is the weakest episode so far it almost feels like a filler.
No new information gained, only some incomprehensible conversation and long ass monologue.
At least we see Satella again in the end.

1. We learn more about Echidna's true intention and what she actually want from Subaru, which is authority of envy (Echidna's theory) "Return by death" and wanted him to abuse this ability to find out more about how this ability work
2. We get to see more of the witches
3. The second trial revealed
4. We learn that "That person" Beatrice has been waiting for 400 years is not exactly, Echdina make the contract so that Beatrice and make her choose who she think "that person" is.

Apr 2020
fullofregrets09 said:
Tsundere_Slayer said:

But Echidna possesses immense knowledge and she even said she won't force him to use return by death, So I think she is capable of achieving the best possible way more efficiently than Subaru and by also limiting the number of time he dies.
Meaning he will die less and also be on the best path otherwise why would Subaru even consider the contract in the first place?

One issue I can see with that is both Echidna and Satella don't seem to consider the people Subaru loves as part of his best future. That's why Rem was cast aside, and that's why Beatrice doesn't seem to matter as much. Subaru doesn't want that future, even if it will be the best route for him, with the least amount of suffering and death.

Yeah I agree with you. Echidna is only interested in Subaru and doesn't care about others whom Subaru wants to protect.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!

Jul 2014
cenjo-san said:
I still don't fully get what was bad about that contract.
If I remember correctly (would have to check the LN to be sure),

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenSep 23, 2020 2:56 PM
Sep 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2020
Torkip said:
Tsundere_Slayer said:

Ah that helps. But she said that she won't force him to use Return by death so th I was confused by this contradiction.

She’s not a liar, but she’s good at convincing ppl to do things. Echidna does want to help him. But her help isn’t always the best. As you can see with what happened to Beatrice, she truly didnt mean to be malicious there.
Torkip said:
Tsundere_Slayer said:

Ah that helps. But she said that she won't force him to use Return by death so th I was confused by this contradiction.

She’s not a liar, but she’s good at convincing ppl to do things. Echidna does want to help him. But her help isn’t always the best. As you can see with what happened to Beatrice, she truly didnt mean to be malicious there.

Naruhodo... I see then Echidna can be considered as a chaotic neutral...
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Sep 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2019
satella walking like:
Sep 23, 2020 10:00 AM
Jun 2016
what more sad is the hero is reinhard
Sep 23, 2020 10:11 AM
Mar 2015
Hm, this episode... was not everything I hoped it would be, but it was still nice.

The second trial was, unfortunately very rushed, more like a slideshow than anything. I know it was already cut down in the LN from the WN version, but in the anime, it seemed to have been compressed even more. Except for the two timelines that were entirely omitted in the LN, but were sort of shown here at the end (right before the actual slideshow began), but so little was included of them that they might as well not have been there.

In the novel, not only was the trial very impactful, but also very informative. We got to see and hear lots of interesting pieces of information that we would not otherwise get from perspectives that we don't normally see. Here, all we've seen of the continuations of the timelines was stuff we would've guessed on our own, save for some small clues in the one with Reinhard -- but even that was cut down and lacking impact. In the WN, the second trial was 3 entire chapters' worth of content, and all of it felt significant. By reducing most scenes to the absolute bare minimum, occasionally showing just the beginning, all of the trial's purpose in the story was pertaining to its effect on Subaru's mental state, and even that was lessened because we haven't really been given the time to empathize. When reading, one did indeed feel like Subaru has been watching this for hours, the way the world continued after each of his deaths. That was not really possible when we rushed through it in like 5 minutes.

So yeah, I really strongly recommend reading chapter 69 to 72 of the WN for anyone because that felt a lot more... complete.

(Tangentially related remark: earlier I've been imagining it would've been a cool way to end an episode on the "Liar" scene, seeing Emilia crying over Subaru's corpse, similar to how the respective WN chapter ended. Clearly that was not possible now, and in any case it was either ending on that or the "kiss of death", so yeah, fair enough I guess.)

After the trial, the Rem scene was, like, I don't know. It needed to be there, but it felt like they were trying to make that more impactful than the trial itself, and that just felt wrong, it also fell a bit flat, and reusing the music from the earlier Echidna scene made that less unique in retrospect -- though since both were Echidna trying to comfort him, directly or indirectly, that was an understandable and respectable artistic choice. (Personal feelings -- that there is really nothing new to say about the character of Rem at this point in the story -- notwithstanding.) So yeah, that felt a bit painful in a bad way, though that's more because it came right after the rushed trial.

Now as for what is to come, I'm not going to speculate much because spoilers, I just hope the studio won't (well, didn't) try to cram too much into the last episode. There is a perfectly nice potential end-of-cour moment in sight, let them just be satisfied with that.
Sep 23, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2019
Torkip said:
Tsundere_Slayer said:

For this reason I can't bring myself to think Echidna is really evil or such thing. She is the witch of greed after all. Even Elsa is more evil than her..

Not really explained well, but her plan is essentially “do every available option possible and keep killing yourself to see what could happen”

Basically it’s a video game 100% completion run. Echidna is very smart but she doesn’t know everything, so the ability to see every outcome is something she loves.

Best resume ever of Echidna's intentions.

It is like Echdona wants to:

- Be a sadistic typical "GTA" gamer, the type who torture NPC, suicide the playable char all the time, and do random pointless things just for entertainment.

- And turn Subaru into this playable character, removing the only thing Subaru still have: his free will.

WAIT

wait

W A I T

Is there not any actual Re:Zero game where we can do this?

What i would do with Subaru in Arc 1:

- Trap and kill that stupid muggers.
- Fool Felt in a more creative way.
- hmm... trap and kill Felt?
- trap and kill Mr. Savingpoint Irish Guy.
- try to kill Reinhart and die in a creative way.
- Try to seduce Emilia...?
- Ok be hidden while Emilia is killed by Elsa and then undress her body before Puck come out...

Come on, who never?
Sep 23, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
mozgow said:
cenjo-san said:
I still don't fully get what was bad about that contract.

Oh thank you so much! So basically he will experience even worse outcomes if he had accepted it, right?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenSep 23, 2020 2:56 PM
Sep 23, 2020 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
I knew that Echidna was hiding something but I had hoped that she would be a good person. Since she is the witch of greed, it is not odd hearing those demands from her. Also, Satella comes to the party and I think she will be very mad about Echidna for trying to make a contract with Subaru. Oh boy, can't wait to see the conflict between Echidna and Satella.
Sep 23, 2020 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
Imagine working your ass off to put out an amazing episode with 27 minutes full of content that even removed the op and ed to include as much content as possible and instead you get complaints about the removal of certain scenes that does not impact the overall storytelling. Sometimes I really do pity the Re Zero production team for having to go through this kind of stuff, just the downsides of being a popular series I guess.

Top quality works as always, can't wait for what's coming next
Sep 23, 2020 10:18 AM
Jun 2015
Welp now I know why Reinhard keeps that sword hidden. It'll basically kill him along with whatever he fights. No way he survived that explosion. Other than that, didn't care for anything else except Stella's appearance. Welp one ep to go. Hope Subaru finishes this arc so we can move on finally.
Sep 23, 2020 10:20 AM
Jun 2015
Aloister said:
Imagine working your ass off to put out an amazing episode with 27 minutes full of content that even removed the op and ed to include as much content as possible and instead you get complaints about the removal of certain scenes that does not impact the overall storytelling. Sometimes I really do pity the Re Zero production team for having to go through this kind of stuff, just the downsides of being a popular series I guess.

Yeah they can stfu. Personally it was a boring episode because mostly they just talked,info dumped, and drank tea, but these guys worked on this at their own home because of covid. Props to them
Sep 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2018
*sees Satella*
''Boy would you look at the time! Just remembered i have some rabbits to feed. GoTtA gO! ByYyYe!''

Subaru saw Beatrice, Garfiel and Ryuzu literally imprisoned by their contracts, Rosswall discarded Ram like trash right in front of him, also because of a contract and much more, And he still would make one with a witch without even asking what's his part of said contract. This guy needs some help, in many ways!

Also; Not really on board of the Echidna's best girl train anymore. Ain't no fixin' that one!

I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 23, 2020 10:22 AM

Jan 2017
I was waiting to see how they will adapt this, boy it was sooooo good! Not the s*** will hit the fan!

Also, remember when anime had OP/ED? Pepperidge Farm remembers!
Sep 23, 2020 10:22 AM
Mar 2020
damm Echidna is totally acting like GREED from FMAB, in that anime I didn't know was GREED bad or good till the end, AND In this anime I too STILL CAn't figure out if is echidna good or bad, BUT I hope Echidna to be a good Homoncu.....(cough-cough........, I mean witch
Sep 23, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2018
cenjo-san said:
Man just when I started to love Echidna. >:(

As someone who like Echidna, I know how you feel. I have a mix feeling about her too.
Sep 23, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!

Btw I heard that in RE:Zero IF Greed story, Subaru died more than 10 million times.
Subaru made the right choice not making contract with Echidona lolz.

Btw seems like Subaru view contract too casually (probably because his first contract has no downside with Betti..) that he didn't even ask for the consequences..
Sep 23, 2020 10:30 AM
Mar 2018
Echidna's speech was amazing.

I'm very excited for Satella next week.

Sep 23, 2020 10:32 AM
Feb 2019
That Tea Party was really something else.... like holy crap. And I also now realize this is episode 12/13 of part 1 so fml.
Sep 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2016
When I saw Rem I was nopenopenopenope. Fortunately she was fake :)

Wtf episode lol.

Red said:
I can't tell if Echidna is good or bad anymore :/

She's selfish.
bruh
Sep 23, 2020 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
shane_nichols said:
Aloister said:

Yeah they can stfu. Personally it was a boring episode because mostly they just talked,info dumped, and drank tea, but these guys worked on this at their own home because of covid. Props to them
Personally, I think it's great since we can see Echidna's other side as well as other witches getting some screentime as well. Actually I find that the most interesting part of Re Zero is the talking part lol, because almost every time someone open their mouth they brings up more questions and speculations, and seeing how these things unfold is just very much enjoyable.
Sep 23, 2020 10:37 AM

Jul 2009
Red said:

She's selfish. That's it. It's not like she enjoys suffering but she likes to see shit. But considering the context i'd say she's bad. You can't watch people suffering just out of curiosity.
Sep 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Jan 2020
Awesome ep! although gotta say that I feel kinda bad about Subaru's suffering (as always ^^'). Also, I thought Echdina wasn't that mad, such as the other witches... well, guess I was 100% mistaked. Nevertheless, it was very exciting to see all of them gathered XD. What's gonna happen??? Only the future will tell us. Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 23, 2020 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
Aloister said:

"If you can't criticize, you can't optimize.", as the saying goes. Not literally relevant here since it's not the ones criticizing right now who are capable of changing anything. But the point is, lack of criticism, or rather lack of constructive criticism is just as bad as lack of praise, neither allows one to properly assess the subject. Be respectful and fair in your criticism, give credit where credit's due, but feel free to make complaints where you feel you ought to. A lot of the people criticizing (notwithstanding a few outstandingly atrocious instances) do so because they love this series, they loved other episodes, and quite possibly acknowledge that they loved this one too, but they feel something is not as it could have been.

My view, for example, is that there was so much material in the second trial it would've been possible and desirable to make an episode out of just that and the events strictly following it, maybe ending on the moment Echidna offered to make a contract. Whatever we will see in episodes 12 & 13 could have plausibly been made into 3 episodes. I was sad to see a part that I considered really good and was looking forward to a lot, not live up to my imagination, but I do of course appreciate the effort put into the production and consider it really well made, even exceptionally so considering the current difficulties.
Sep 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
FullyCharged said:
When I saw Rem I was nopenopenopenope. Fortunately she was fake :)

Wtf episode lol.

Red said:

She's selfish.

Good or bad is always base on perspective and which side you're on.
It is a moral made by human being themselves. One person's justice could be another person's downfall. One person's sin may be another person's salvation.

It is quite reasonable Echidona, someone who has most of the knowledge in the world, view all the ugliness of the world, view every perspective of humanity to feel indifferent about anything happens / would happen in the world.
For her it's just an entertaining show to satisfy her curiosity.
Sep 23, 2020 10:42 AM
Jun 2015
Aloister said:
shane_nichols said:
Personally, I think it's great since we can see Echidna's other side as well as other witches getting some screentime as well. Actually I find that the most interesting part of Re Zero is the talking part lol, because almost every time someone open their mouth they brings up more questions and speculations, and seeing how these things unfold is just very much enjoyable.
Eh. Theyre just one dememsional generic aspects.
Sep 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
I might have misunderstood something.
When Subaru says Echidna doesn't understand feelings and should get angry, then Echidna saying "I see. You have taught me much. When we next have a chance I'll do just that"

I felt like the 2 previous tea parties were fraud, like she failed countless tea parties to get what she wants. Since Subaru don't remember tea parties, she could loop over and over.
If it's true, the impact of this would be she does NOT inherit knowledge of previous timelines, and she didn't know about return by death until Subaru told her in tea parties he don't even remember.
Also, in the second tea party, she stated that during the tea parties, real time flow very slowly, and nearly nothing would happen in physical world. But by the time Echidna is done looping with Subaru, Emilia failed the trial and Satella's shadow shit happened??

Of course, I might be totally wrong here but I think it's an interresting theory :)
Sep 23, 2020 10:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the mental cost Subaru's determination to protect everyone remains impressive. The visions of Subaru's many deaths sure was chilling. Still seeing the reactions to his death from his many allies sure was interesting. The fake Rem though sure was pretty convincing and only failed by the narrowest of margins. Echidna's offer of an contract though sure was an intriguing move. Her eagerness sure reminds me of a child. Of all the witches though Minerva is the one that i didn't expect to appear in order to oppose the contract. The witches tea party though sure made quite the timely entrance. Still Echidna's speech sure was damm compelling one that showed well her desires and goals. Overall an interesting ep that proved to be both grim via the deaths and at the same time enlightening and tense due to the revelations about both the trial and the witches contract. As ever the witches prove to be most entertaining with the newer ones of Camilla and Sekhmet serving to enhance this process. Looks like events are turning to the worst with Satella joining the party.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
Aloister said:

Thing is with all the deleted scene and the rushed pace, they could have done a 25 eps season.
Anyway, people should just enjoy what they have in front of them, the anime is good whatever people say :)
Sep 23, 2020 10:55 AM

Apr 2020
Holy crap what an episode. Finally get to see all the witches In one place and looks like we get to see Satella, hopefully she doesn't just repeat one phrase over and over. Who would've thought that the witch of greed reminds me Greed form FMA. We'll see where she leans by the end of it though. Excited to see how the last episode will turn out.
Sep 23, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
What a roller-coaster of an episode. This season has been absolute fire.

Seeing Subaru face what happened with the timelines he left behind was hard, though it was made better by the fact that Echidna later left ambiguous if Return by Death resets the world or transport Subaru to a different timeline. The fake Rem stuff was obvious from the beginning, gotta make Remfags suffer even more, lol. Funny how this was the only screentime characters like Julius and Reinhard will probably receive in this season, lmao.

Aaaaaand everyone is here. Finally the 7 Witches are together and Subaru can get his Witch harem. Lust is a cutie and Sloth looks like a sexy hobo, somehow fitting her sin.

The Echidna reveal didn't surprise me much. She's a Witch after all, and I figured out she was helping Subaru for her own selfish reasons (she represents Greed after all). I don't hate Echidna after this, however, if anything, it made me appreciate her, knowing that she makes justice to her title. Still feel bad for Subaru (the only person he could tell about his Return by Death was using him from the beginning) and Beatrice (still waiting for a person that may not appear at all), but, well, she's not a Witch for anything.

And that ending with Satella appearing, my goodness, they really want the series finale to be spectacular. Makes me sad last week will be the last episode until Winter :(
Sep 23, 2020 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Rem probably has the ideal personality of a perfect waifu: sweet, gentle, affectionate, and caring.
>-<
Sep 23, 2020 10:59 AM
May 2018
Amazing episode. Echidna’s character is expanded on and we get to see what she truly wants out of helping Subaru. Also...... Satella walking up at the end.... its going to be hard waiting another 7 days for this next episode. :/
Sep 23, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
cenjo-san said:
mozgow said:

Oh thank you so much! So basically he will experience even worse outcomes if he had accepted it, right?
Well, yes. You can read "Greed IF" if you're interested in how bad it would be.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenSep 23, 2020 2:57 PM
Sep 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2019
I've always wondered what happens in the worlds where Subaru dies. Seeing all the characters getting lost and heartbroken by his death is just way too sad... :[
Sep 23, 2020 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
pteroz said:
Aloister said:

Thing is with all the deleted scene and the rushed pace, they could have done a 25 eps season.
Anyway, people should just enjoy what they have in front of them, the anime is good whatever people say :)
As I mentioned earlier, it is extremely clear that they did everything they could to make the adaptation as faithful as possible. They are making it a 2 cour though, they just had to make it separately as I imagine the pandemic had impacted the production pretty hard for them to separate the season like that.
As for the rushed pace and deleted scene, I would usually agree with you and several other's opinions, but in this case we have to consider that they had limited funding to work with, and I think they would have to pay extra to the TV station at a much higher rate just to have the 2 or 3 extra episodes to be aired, all in all it is just not worth it from a business standpoint, of course if everyone who bashed the show and rated 1/5 for cut contents were to contribute to these funding then it would be an entirely different story.
Sep 23, 2020 11:02 AM

May 2019
Inugirlz said:
Red said:

She's selfish. That's it. It's not like she enjoys suffering but she likes to see shit. But considering the context i'd say she's bad. You can't watch people suffering just out of curiosity.

Yes, without a doubt she is BAD, but not Evil.

She is not evil because she don't see harming or torturing the others as her objective (unlike Elsa, for example), but she acepts it as a side effect of her objective.

in the Light Novel they skiped a dialogue when Ryuzu Bilma said to Subaru that Echidna

What is BAD without being Evil? Sociopaths for example. Weebs when destroying their own life. lol

Sep 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
shane_nichols said:
Aloister said:
Eh. Theyre just one dememsional generic aspects.
Fair, everyone watch and enjoy this show for various reasons.
Sep 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Quick summary:
Subaru: "I can't believe that you, an all-powerful creature won't just help me without any merit for yourself and it's completely unreasonable that your goals are not exactly the same as mine. I feel deeply offended!"
One more episode, let's see how it goes.
Sep 23, 2020 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
Hopefully this will be the last time we will see Subaru waking up inside that place with Emilia, this has been dragging for a long time now it is boring.
Sep 23, 2020 11:08 AM

Sep 2020
Satella enters the tea party, it's gonna be interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, Satella at the end be like: I heard some hoes are bullying my hubby. So here I am bitches. Also, fuck your barrier.

Sep 23, 2020 11:09 AM

Jul 2020
Easily one of the best episodes of this season, and please stop with the boring Emilia vs Rem war. (I also thought that Puck was comparable to Reinhard, buuuuut he got one shotted.)
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.