Forum Settings
Forums

Animes that you think deserve the brotherhood treatment

New
Feb 8, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2018
For those of you who don't know, the brother hood treatment, named after FMAB, is when you take an old a show and remake it with better production, and a better story that usually just follows the source more tightly with less bullshit and filler

As an example, you can take fruits basket which got a total remake that basically throws away any reason you had to watch the original one

I've seen a lot of people saying how they want certain shows to be remade like this so why not make a post about it

My choice would probably be one piece, even tho the anime is already 900 episodes deep, its full of filler with bad pacing, poor and rushed animation, and because it's so long and not divided into seasons, and with all that its doing a terrible job attracting newcomers to it, which sucks cause the pacing and filler of the show don't do the story justice, so it would naturally be better as a seasonal anime divided into 26 episode long seasons that come out every year or so, kinda like my hero academia, even 15 seasons would be far less intimidating than 900 episodes

While one piece itself isn't as filler littered as, say bleach, I think its story is so much better that it deserves a much better adaptation more similar to new seasonal shounens
yotiFeb 8, 2020 3:55 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2019
Probably.... Berserk.... and berserk.... and also berserk... In short, i need berserk to get a remake. And i hope it won't be a 3DCG.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 8, 2020 9:18 AM
Mar 2019
I too have seen a lot of people talk about shows they want remade, and the most hotly debated one in recent times (that isn't Berserk) is Tokyo Ghoul. Which I'd have to agree with, the anime doesn't give it justice whatsoever and some praise the anime despite the shortcomings it has so if it had a proper adaptation I have no doubt more people would be willing to do the same.
Feb 8, 2020 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
Pandora Hearts
Tokyo Ghoul
Claymore
Rosario+Vampire

All these series need it very, very badly. The current adaptations don't do them anywhere near enough justice, it's depressing.

Feb 8, 2020 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
literally every anime ever created
particularly long forgotten shounenshit
Feb 8, 2020 9:25 AM

Jun 2012
In that case, I want to see Violet Evergarden have that treatment. I really love the anime but still, the original story was what I prefer.
Feb 8, 2020 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
Konjiki no Gash Bell, the source material is so much better than the series.
Feb 8, 2020 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Any anime that doesn't follow source material should be remade. Except Akame ga Kill - this one is a no-no.
Feb 8, 2020 9:30 AM

Mar 2016
Akame Ga Kill
Berserk
Hokuto no Ken
Trigun
Feb 8, 2020 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Kingdom - that CGI mess we got is a slap in the face for everyone who actually read the manga.
it was such a slap in the face that most kingdom fans ive seen just ignore its existence
Feb 8, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2018
Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Great Teacher Onizuka are the first ones that come to mind

Also Berserk. Definitely Berserk.
If you're reading this and you haven't watched Mob Psycho 100, go watch it and then continue with what you were doing.

Also, for the record, JoJo is great, it's fans are not.
Feb 8, 2020 9:47 AM

Apr 2019
Tokyo Ghoul
A Certain Magical Index
Arifureta
Corpse Party
Feb 8, 2020 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
yotamdin said:
For those of you who don't know, the brother hood treatment, named after FMAB, is when you take an old a show and remake it with better production, and a better story that usually just follows the source more tightly with less bullshit and filler

Actually it just means rebooting it for a full adaption of the source because when the first anime version came out the source was still incomplete. Whether it's 'better' or 'less bullshit' is subjective, whether it has better production value is incidental.

My choice would probably be one piece, even tho the anime is already 900 episodes deep, its full of filler with bad pacing, poor and rushed animation, and because it's so long and not divided into seasons, and with all that its doing a terrible job attracting newcomers to it, which sucks cause the pacing and filler of the show don't do the story justice, so it would naturally be better as a seasonal anime divided into 26 episode long seasons that come out every year or so, kinda like my hero academia

except OP already has one of the lowest filler percentages among long-runners. The pacing issues are really the only valid argument, and those don't even start until hundreds of episodes into the anime. I don't see much point in remaking all of it. Especially in the form of a bunch of 26 episode seasons with long waiting times in between, like Hero Academia. With so much source material already available, if there is a remake it should be a long-runner again. Kinda like DB Kai was for DBZ. You can improve the pacing without taking 20 years to animate a million small seasons. That's the only kind of remake that might make sense for OP, but also only after the manga is complete.

And technically there are already shorter remakes for most arcs, in the form of movies that trim down the story and condense each arc into ~2 hours.

Also the main reason new viewers shy away from it is simply the length. It would be the same if it had 20+ seasons with 26 episodes each.

If you ask me the Brotherhood treatment should be reserved for shows that are not full adaptions and/or deviate strongly from the source so the remake is actually different and not just differently-paced with less non-canon material (the latter would be more accurately described as the DB Kai treatment). And it only really makes sense once the source is complete (like it was with FMA) because otherwise you just get another incomplete version of the same story, requiring another remake once it is finished.

E.g. I read that Juuni Kokuki recently started publishing again, so if that goes anywhere it would be cool to have a reboot of the anime as well that actually concludes the story.

Or Ao no Exorcist, although they already decided to ignore the deviation from the source when they continued it years later.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 8, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
- Berserk
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Tokyo Ghoul :re
- Berserk
- Twin Star Exorcist
- One Piece
- Arifureta
- Soul Eater
- Berserk
- Berserk
Feb 8, 2020 10:03 AM

Nov 2019
I wish I could watch an anime that depicts the story of Tokyo Ghoul rather than that bullshit Pierrot gave us.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 8, 2020 10:10 AM
Jan 2017
Deadman Wonderland please. I ended up reading the manga and it's so fucking good!
Feb 8, 2020 10:14 AM
Aug 2018
KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN
i think i will always say it. remake with better animation ( even though the anime is still ok), no censorship and the last two manga arcs
Feb 8, 2020 10:16 AM

Mar 2018
Soul Eater and Akame Ga Kill, shows were awesome but could of been masterpieces.
Feb 8, 2020 10:18 AM

Nov 2018
I heard a lot of bad things about Berserk's adaptations(other than 1997 Berserk).
Maybe Dragon Ball?(at least change Goku's VA)
I hate everyone equally
Feb 8, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
Berserk, Tokyo Ghoul, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Kingdom, Nanatsu no taizai 3

Feb 8, 2020 10:24 AM

Apr 2018
I think Bleach deserves a remake beside that I would love to see Noblesse gets a good anime adaptation.

Feb 8, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
joshua10red said:
index is actually a great example honestly, the original index anime came out at a time when trashy harem shows have yet to oversaturate the industry, and looking at it back it really hasn't aged well, with the whole first season of index being full of trashy harem and power fantasy vibes that people already got tired of, I could recommend it to someone who hasn't seen a lot of sol harem anime but other than that it just makes it really hard to get into the franchise
Feb 8, 2020 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
The usual answers. My vote would go towards Berserk (like many have already stated). You could throw Claymore, Soul Eater, & Deadman Wonderland into the mix as well.
Feb 8, 2020 10:44 AM

Sep 2018
definitely trigun, the original is just fine but it was made in the middle of the manga, so like soul eater (which also deserves this treatment badly, it could be perfect) it just has a really weird abrupt ending. It’d be cool to see more of the story adapted.

Also berserk, poor berserk.
Feb 8, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
There are many anime I can think of that deserves a good remake. But the best choices I have would be remakes of Pandora Hearts and Ouran High School Host Club.

I've read the manga of both shows and they were pretty fantastic (especially the former).

Since Fruits Basket was given this treatment, it would be also interesting if Ouran (another great shoujo series) was remade. Keep Bones as the studio, adapt the whole series. The original seiyuu may be replaced, but the dub cast should be mostly the same as the original series (just like what the new Fruits Basket did for its dub). When I say mostly, I mean not everyone will return (and that includes you know who).

As for Pandora Hearts, I want either ufotable, Bones, Madhouse or any other good studio to remake this. The original was okay in terms of writing. But my God the animation by Xebec did not age well (and it came out the same time as FMAB). Also, if any studio is remaking this, keep Kajiura-sama to do the music.
Feb 8, 2020 11:18 AM
Oct 2012
Monixdotexe said:
Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Great Teacher Onizuka are the first ones that come to mind

Also Berserk. Definitely Berserk.

YYH and especially GTO are perfection tho, bringing them back to the SJW generation would do more harm than good.
Feb 8, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2016
yotamdin said:

Implying the production values of FMA were worse than FMAB's. There was nothing wrong with them. They were only different. People need to stop thinking that something newer necessarily means better. Newer =/= better.

Also FMA wasn't loaded with "bullshit" and fillers... it was an adaptation that took its own route, which is something vastly different too.

Feb 8, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2019
- Umineko
- Angel Beats (make it 4 cours like it was supposed to be)
- The DEEN adaptation of Fate/SN
- ReLIFE Kanketsu-hen (make it a S2 instead of 4 specials)
- Berserk (obviously)
- Eyeshield 21
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Feb 8, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2018
I'd like full adaptation of Shigurui, not that 12-episode long trailer

Feb 8, 2020 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
Not exactly the brotherhood method but I would love to see Zatch Bell get a proper ending and have the last arc they aired follow the manga a bit more closely for continuity sake.
Feb 8, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2018
-Fate/stay night 2006 remake would be cool...

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, its animation wasn't enough at all for feed this masterpiece...

Feb 8, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 2016
yotamdin said:
joshua10red said:
index is actually a great example honestly, the original index anime came out at a time when trashy harem shows have yet to oversaturate the industry, and looking at it back it really hasn't aged well, with the whole first season of index being full of trashy harem and power fantasy vibes that people already got tired of, I could recommend it to someone who hasn't seen a lot of sol harem anime but other than that it just makes it really hard to get into the franchise

i watched the first season of it and i didn't see it that bad to have a remake i think they did a good job adapting some vols of the light novels into episodes actually...the fan service was lower than i even expected in season 1 even (although i heard it might increase in season 2 and more in 3) but maybe season 3 will be the only one that need a remake perhaps
todd2580Feb 8, 2020 1:36 PM
Feb 8, 2020 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
You know what I'm about to say...

Trigun! Let us see Livio and Elendira animated! Let us see toasty Vash in all his glory! Let us see Tesla in full color horror!
Feb 8, 2020 1:42 PM

Nov 2016
Berserk and Tokyo Ghoul.

A Fate/Stay Night remake would be good after Ufotable finishes adapting the Heaven's Feel route.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
No anime deserves such horrible treatment.

Feb 8, 2020 2:28 PM
Jan 2012
I think the anime that deserves the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood treatment is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, for absolutely reason other than it'd be hilarious.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Brotherhood.
Feb 8, 2020 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
Seiya said:

No anime deserves to get good production with a faithful and complete story that follows the source more tightly and therefore does it justice?

Unless you were just trying to say you don't like Fmab and if so, how brave of you
Feb 8, 2020 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
yotamdin said:
Seiya said:

No anime deserves to get good production with a faithful and complete story that follows the source more tightly and therefore does it justice?

Unless you were just trying to say you don't like Fmab and if so, how brave of you

Well, let's just say that I'm not an FMAB fan.

Feb 8, 2020 4:00 PM

Jun 2017
Lol, idk if FMA 2003 wasn't successful there were any full adaptation of manga but let's ignore that and just answer the question.

Full adaptation (and even continuing were the manga ends) of Tsurezure Children would be really good.

I haven't seen Aku no Hana anime but for being an incomplete adaptation, I think it would be good to make a remake of it and this time for those guys who can't stand roto scope make it idk more "generic"
Feb 8, 2020 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
No anime deserves it more than Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou does, the animation did not age well and speaking of which, the animation in the second half, is....well, let's just say atrocious is a big understatement!!! Ugh....i have never seen a more lazy and half assed "animation", if you can even call it that, it makes even barely minimal animation like in Tsukumogami Kashimasu look good by comparison! At least there, the characters don't suddenly become literal paper dolls on a stick, being swung around by the production staff or black and white still images with no voice acting whatsoever, just a narrator, narrating everything in the damn last episode!!!!!

Could also benefit from a more modern art style change ala Fruits Basket 2019!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 8, 2020 5:00 PM

May 2018
Bearserk

FUCK DA WORD LIMIT, FUCK EM
Feb 8, 2020 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
FMAB isn´t my fave, but I get what you´re saying. Something that feels more like the original source with improvements, huh?

In this case, the first one to me should be D.Gray-Man. This only might happen when the manga series end, in one more decade or something, lol. But I´d really like to watch everything with better animation and without fillers, for sure.

Unpopular one, but I also choose Sankarea. Very little was adaptated back in 2012, there is much more to see. There are more nice characters and awesome twists.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Feb 8, 2020 5:11 PM
Feb 2020
Trigun would be great if it was handed to a decent studio, stayed true to the original art style and didn't shit the bed with CGI corner-cutting, but that's a lot of "ifs".
Feb 8, 2020 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Ranma 1/2 would be pretty dank. People will realize they laugh on stuff like KonoSuba a bit too much because they have not seen this gold.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 8, 2020 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
4 animes:
1- Claymore
2- Claymore
3- Claymore
4- Claymore
Feb 8, 2020 5:33 PM

Apr 2016
I'm only counting series that have completed source material. Since Berserk is not complete, I am not counting it.

- Full Metal Panic. The first season was good. Once KyoAni got their hands on it, the show began going downhill. S4 was... rather mediocre.

- Magi. The first season was tolerable, but the second season was an absolute slog.
Feb 8, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2018
Two animes immediately come to mind when speaking of a Brotherhood treatment:

1) Yu Yu Hakusho getting the Madhouse treatment would be a fantastic way to introduce the series to a new generation.

2) Fate Stay Night route. It's a crime Ufotable has yet to get their hands on the very thing that started it all. Might be tough for them to pull it off being as focused as they are on Demon Slayer now, but who knows? Maybe after the smoke blows over with Heaven"s Feel, they may surprise us.
Feb 8, 2020 5:41 PM

Oct 2019
Sailor Moon but with a better adaptation than what Sailor Moon Crystal gave us.
I'd like to keep the same art style of the original and just make it closer to the manga.
Feb 8, 2020 5:59 PM
Jul 2019
I feel like Claymore could really benefit from a reboot. Also Soul Eater, which seems like a popular choice in here already
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps. ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

57 by Kenzolo-folk »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

77 by dreamingneon »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

44 by EpicO4 »»
24 minutes ago

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 10 hours ago

38 by NubFix »»
25 minutes ago

» The Impact of Anime on Global Pop Culture

LenRea - 11 hours ago

5 by dreamingneon »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.