Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 12, 2016 2:11 AM
Jul 2015
ixarising said:
Lolimancer said:

It's called going underground. Baka tsuki is gonna get rekt tho

It's going to be hard to go underground nowadays especially for DxD. Idiots exist after all, you go underground and some idiot will somehow expose it and it'll be taken down again. Before long, you'll see the translators give up and the end no more fans translation for that series. That's how fan translation completely disappear after getting licensed.

And people who think that the book will be good
https://frogkun.com/2015/05/03/stay-away-from-the-no-game-no-life-english-novel/

This is just from NGNL. Think about how bad it'll turn in DxD's case especially since Ishibumi's writing style is different from the usual writer. Ishibumi likes to combining two different words for subtitles which makes it hard to translate to English since some of it doesnt even make sense in English. Yen Press may slaughter the DxD translation entirely if handle badly.

If handled badly, then yeah, it'll suck. However, Yen Press has some good translations as well, such as the Spice and Wolf light novels, though that is an entirely different style of writing.
Point is, it doesn't have to turn out badly.
Apr 12, 2016 3:50 AM

Apr 2008
JakkoFourEyes said:
ixarising said:

It's going to be hard to go underground nowadays especially for DxD. Idiots exist after all, you go underground and some idiot will somehow expose it and it'll be taken down again. Before long, you'll see the translators give up and the end no more fans translation for that series. That's how fan translation completely disappear after getting licensed.

And people who think that the book will be good
https://frogkun.com/2015/05/03/stay-away-from-the-no-game-no-life-english-novel/

This is just from NGNL. Think about how bad it'll turn in DxD's case especially since Ishibumi's writing style is different from the usual writer. Ishibumi likes to combining two different words for subtitles which makes it hard to translate to English since some of it doesnt even make sense in English. Yen Press may slaughter the DxD translation entirely if handle badly.

If handled badly, then yeah, it'll suck. However, Yen Press has some good translations as well, such as the Spice and Wolf light novels, though that is an entirely different style of writing.
Point is, it doesn't have to turn out badly.

Point is the chance is much higher of it going badly. I'm horrified to see how they butcher Overlord
Apr 12, 2016 7:29 AM
Dec 2015
So Yen press sold their 51% share to kadokawa which is the parent owner of the publishing affiliated with DxD, so don't you guys think that it may kinda good think. Yen press won't have full control over their board now and the head will be from Kadokawa so hopefully the series will get more sponsorship with everything going on.
Apr 18, 2016 7:07 AM
Mar 2016
Aijaz_md said:
So Yen press sold their 51% share to kadokawa which is the parent owner of the publishing affiliated with DxD, so don't you guys think that it may kinda good think. Yen press won't have full control over their board now and the head will be from Kadokawa so hopefully the series will get more sponsorship with everything going on.

sounds kinda sweet to me at least...
Apr 18, 2016 8:57 AM
Dec 2015
shiva88 said:
Aijaz_md said:

Yeah hopefully. Well anime may get better chances for being getting another season. But the problem lies with us the LN readers. If this doesn't work out like I thought we will lose access to the translations of the novels of the series from the fan sites.
So hope everything ends for good.
Apr 18, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2008
Aijaz_md said:
shiva88 said:

Yeah hopefully. Well anime may get better chances for being getting another season. But the problem lies with us the LN readers. If this doesn't work out like I thought we will lose access to the translations of the novels of the series from the fan sites.
So hope everything ends for good.

If I were you I would pray they don't lcense out DxD and prepare for the worst at the same time
Apr 20, 2016 5:53 AM
Apr 2016
Hello ! I'm french and i'm a fan of this serie !!! I red the first ones post but it's very to long and it's difficult of understand all post. So can you explain to me in the small summary "What is the situation ?", "The season 4 is it always possible ?" !
Please help me !! Excuse me for the mistakes in my spelling.

Bye bye !
Apr 20, 2016 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Esawo said:
I don't know if it's forbidden or not to use any other language than english here.

I think you can do that in PM's or on their pages, just not in forum threads.
Apr 21, 2016 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
Esawo said:
Ademonofgremory said:
Hello ! I'm french and i'm a fan of this serie !!! I red the first ones post but it's very to long and it's difficult of understand all post. So can you explain to me in the small summary "What is the situation ?", "The season 4 is it always possible ?" !
Please help me !! Excuse me for the mistakes in my spelling.

Bye bye !

Hey I'm french aswell :) I could explain it to you in french, but I don't know if it's forbidden or not to use any other language than english here.

You are not obliged to explain in French. I just want a little sumary of the situation for the season 4. Please ^^
Apr 22, 2016 12:25 PM
Apr 2016
Esawo said:
Ademonofgremory said:

You are not obliged to explain in French. I just want a little sumary of the situation for the season 4. Please ^^

Made one on your profile page :)

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Apr 23, 2016 12:03 AM
Apr 2016
hi
I loved this series High School DxD and I wonder when it will be season 4?

You also think what will happen in season 4 High School DxD
Apr 23, 2016 8:11 AM
Dec 2015
slovenia25 said:
hi
I loved this series High School DxD and I wonder when it will be season 4?

You also think what will happen in season 4 High School DxD

Did you even read the thread ?
IM WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB TRASH
Apr 29, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2016
First yes i have spend 10 minutes reading everything in this. so don't say i haven't. thank you

Now!just a quick question. So far i heard rumors that sometime in fall 2016 it will be a season 4. is that correct?
Like what do we know "in short form"?

Have we had any news lately or anything :/

Anything about the story..maybe studio?
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 29, 2016 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Dead_By_Heart said:
First yes i have spend 10 minutes reading everything in this. so don't say i haven't. thank you

Now!just a quick question. So far i heard rumors that sometime in fall 2016 it will be a season 4. is that correct?

Us novel readers know what the story is gonna be, but I don't think you want to be spoiled. And no, you would've heard by now from an official source if the season had a date. They haven't even announced the season yet.
Apr 29, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2016
Lolimancer said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

Us novel readers know what the story is gonna be, but I don't think you want to be spoiled. And no, you would've heard by now from an official source if the season had a date. They haven't even announced the season yet.

Yeah thinking about reading, BUT, its a novel. and im just too damn lazy in easier words xD

Thanks anyway!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 21, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2008
Esawo said:
I see news are gone missing in this thread

There are no news toreport
Jun 17, 2016 2:54 PM
Jun 2016
Will Issei really have 20 children?
Jun 17, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2008
0ct0pus said:

Most likely. He is the Harem King
Jun 17, 2016 3:14 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
0ct0pus said:

n

Are you reading the Light novels?
Jun 17, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
0ct0pus said:
Darklight0303 said:

n

yes I am. The kids are from 30 years in the future though so they likely won't appear in the core plotline.
Jun 17, 2016 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
0ct0pus said:
n

yes I am. The kids are from 30 years in the future though so they likely won't appear in the core plotline.

I finished reading the chapter 3 of EX when will chapter 4 come out?
Jun 17, 2016 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
0ct0pus said:
Darklight0303 said:

When the translator puts it up
Jun 17, 2016 3:48 PM
Jun 2016
Darklight0303 said:
0ct0pus said:

When the translator puts it up

Then I guess I'll wait patiently
Jun 29, 2016 4:26 PM

Nov 2008
Whogoat said:
He has around 14 or 15 girls that like him in the novel's right now.
Jul 9, 2016 2:57 AM
Apr 2016
When will season 4 High School?
Jul 21, 2016 12:53 AM
Jan 2013
Let's not forget that there is Issei and LeFay son, who ended up being a wizard instead of a swordsman(Ex disliked this fact), and that they said that There is a considerable amount of Issei's kids that stayed back because thay are too young. The only ones here are the ones old enough to fight
Aug 11, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 2016
Do You Have Any News About Season 4 Of HighSchool DxD ???
Aug 15, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 2016
Zieman said:
ExGremory012 said:
Do You Have Any News About Season 4 Of HighSchool DxD ???

Nah. I don't think it's going to come out before summer 2017 anyway. And it's fine, it'll let Ichibumi get some air.

HighSchool DxD NeW Was Release In About 2years. After BorN Its Been 1Year and 2Months We Are Not Late To 4th Season Of HighSchool DxD
Dont Think Negative Senpai ;)
Aug 15, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
ExGremory012 said:
Zieman said:

Nah. I don't think it's going to come out before summer 2017 anyway. And it's fine, it'll let Ichibumi get some air.

HighSchool DxD NeW Was Release In About 2years. After BorN Its Been 1Year and 2Months We Are Not Late To 4th Season Of HighSchool DxD
Dont Think Negative Senpai ;)

Lets hope so, DXD is one of the few genuinely good ecchi anime
Aug 18, 2016 8:31 AM
Feb 2015
Seems like we won't be getting any DxD anime anytime soon after all. TNK is currently co-animating a new anime titled: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai with Artland, which will most likely be out next year since the Autumn schedule is full.

Either way, the long wait continues further.
Aug 18, 2016 6:56 PM
Feb 2015
Zieman said:
ixarising said:
Seems like we won't be getting any DxD anime anytime soon after all. TNK is currently co-animating a new anime titled: Sin Nanatsu no Taizai with Artland, which will most likely be out next year since the Autumn schedule is full.

Either way, the long wait continues further.

Simply keep yourself busy with the novels, if you want to read.

I am reading the novels, just finish reading Volume 21. I'm just trying to inform people about Season 4 not being anytime soon.
Aug 19, 2016 12:03 AM
Aug 2016
So I guess a possible late 2017 or early 2018 release for season 4?
There's no harm in waiting, I would just hope it does not get cancelled or abandoned (and why would it be huh?).
It would be great if they could atleast announce s4 in next summer or when they finish their current one.

Anyway I predicted a mid 2017 release before knowing the fact that TNK are doing a new one.
Aug 19, 2016 7:26 AM
Aug 2016
HighSchool DxD Season 4 Is Greenlit Right Now Sad To Say But One Of Producer In Animation Of DxD They Want "HSDXD EX" Adopt In Anime "I Wish They Make That MOVIE" But They Could Go Volume 9-10 If Adoption Of EX Is OFF ....... Mabye 2017 Is The YEAR or END Of 2016

Of Course Maybe Off If They Release In 2018 damm 3 Years And Could Say ABANDONED The Series They Prolongs IF TNK See This Damm Say Now If You Want To Cancel The Series IAM MAD NOW !!!!!!!
ExGremory012Aug 19, 2016 7:38 AM
Aug 19, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
'Cause I can't read that gibberish: nothing has been confirmed still.

We're officially Index III/Horizon III levels of JUST BELIEVE now.
Aug 19, 2016 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
Zieman said:
Lolimancer said:
'Cause I can't read that gibberish: nothing has been confirmed still.

We're officially Index III/Horizon III levels of JUST BELIEVE now.

It's just been a year, taking two years to make a season isn't rare. And HS DXD still is at a better level than Bleach, at least.

The problem is in the popularity and sales. TNK isn't the one who gets to make the call. It's Kadokawa, and DxD has been on a decline. Volume 22 sold only 40k~ in thef first few weeks which is a major decrease since around the times of volume 12. Not to mention that BorN had a decent drop in BD sales from New.

Unfortunately, light novel adaptations, including this are basically expensive advertisements for the novels. So if Kadokawa believes that a new season won't boost the sales of the novel, they won't greenlight it. And with good reason. BorN did absolutely nothing to the sales of the LNs. In fact, Volume 20 which came out right after BorN was the lowest grossing volume yet at that time.

Dx.3 and volume 23 are my last hopes for it being announced at this point, but hey, FMP got a new anime over 10 years later so who knows.
Aug 19, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2015
Whenever they release the next season is fine with me. We have no choice but to wait.
Aug 19, 2016 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Zieman said:
Lolimancer said:

The problem is in the popularity and sales. TNK isn't the one who gets to make the call. It's Kadokawa, and DxD has been on a decline. Volume 22 sold only 40k~ in thef first few weeks which is a major decrease since around the times of volume 12. Not to mention that BorN had a decent drop in BD sales from New.

Unfortunately, light novel adaptations, including this are basically expensive advertisements for the novels. So if Kadokawa believes that a new season won't boost the sales of the novel, they won't greenlight it. And with good reason. BorN did absolutely nothing to the sales of the LNs. In fact, Volume 20 which came out right after BorN was the lowest grossing volume yet at that time.

Dx.3 and volume 23 are my last hopes for it being announced at this point, but hey, FMP got a new anime over 10 years later so who knows.

I have no idea what FMP is.

I mostly know all of this already. Also, this might be blind believing, but, why would HSDXD EX (which isn't canon) be bundled with season 3 of the anime and solve the "bullshit" made in this last season, if not to make a 4d season ? That doesn't make much sense, right ?

EX is canon, where did you get that it's not? It happens in the canon LN's timeline, and blatantly spoils stuff past where the anime is because it takes place after volume 17. And it only explains why it happened. There was nothing about it actually altering the timeline in which BorN occurred, contrary to what I predicted. And that's unfortunately hardly any credit towards warranting another season. Many times have I seen a season end with "To be continued" and another season never came. I don't want it to happen, but it's a very big possibility. They only have a few more years left to adapt it. Once the LNs finish, they won't adapt it anymore, as there won't be any more sales to boost.

Also, FMP is Full Metal Panic.
Aug 19, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Zieman said:
So you're basically telling me that EX is just a random story among random stories, and a useless one at that. I've always thought it had secretly something to do with BorN (but wasn't canon), since it obviously could somehow patch up BorN's timeline to get back to the Light Novel's.

EX's connection to BorN is literally Azazel mentioning that there were timelines distorted due to Loki, and that BorN is one of those. There was no mention if those timelines were fixed. The story's only real purpose to the overall narrative was showing the kids from the future, and foreshadowing the enemies to the sequel of DxD, but they were already mentioned and detailed in the latest volumes. Ishibumi has stressed that EX is not a needed thing to read, so yeah. It was just something for fun in the end.
Sep 4, 2016 3:50 PM
Jun 2016
5h4d0w5t0rm said:
Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat?! So Issei's kids will change the course of the story we already know, so that it will match the one that the LN follow? or do i misunderstand something? And who does he have kids with?! :O
Every one he has his oun personal harem :D
Sep 9, 2016 12:34 AM
Jan 2014
Ex was pretty bad in comparison to the BorN adaptation, they should do a continuation of BorN if they ever do make a sequel.
Sep 10, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2016
I cant wait for the fourth season, the Highschool dxd seasons just get better! Both the plot and characters are expanded upon more the later the season is, so hopefully, the fourth season will be the best!
Sep 10, 2016 6:25 PM
Sep 2016
since seaon 4 has yet to be confirmed (if it will ever be made that is), I'm gonna take this opportunity to ask a question related to the LN: I know that the author said in a twitter that he doesn't intend to go past chapter 30, but has he said anything new related to this topic such as the aproximate number of the last chapter? ( since I don't have his twitter, I can't be up-to-date).
MamatorinqSep 10, 2016 6:29 PM
Sep 10, 2016 6:27 PM
Sep 2016
EvilReaper said:
I cant wait for the fourth season, the Highschool dxd seasons just get better! Both the plot and characters are expanded upon more the later the season is, so hopefully, the fourth season will be the best!
If it ever gets made that is.
Sep 11, 2016 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
Mamatorinq said:
EvilReaper said:
If it ever gets made that is.

You can always hope though!
Sep 11, 2016 10:55 AM
Sep 2016
Seriously though, the anime's main purpose is to promote the LN. By now, the final arc has begun wich means that we still have around 8-10 chapters worth of content at best. This also means that tnk doesn't have much time left to make the fourth season. My guess is that if they don't announce it on the cover of chapter 23, there won't be a season 4
Sep 25, 2016 8:03 AM
Sep 2014
I dunno it true or not about this picture but someone posting this picture in anime group.
this picture say " anime TV season 4 to be announced! ".
https://postimg.org/image/g8dsa5jjx/
takumi94Sep 25, 2016 8:06 AM
Sep 25, 2016 8:21 AM
Feb 2015
takumi94 said:
I dunno it true or not about this picture but someone posting this picture in anime group.

That's fake.

http://www.haremking.tv/
Oct 1, 2016 12:44 PM
Sep 2015
ixarising said:
takumi94 said:

That's fake.

and so! that means, that there will be no season 4??
Oct 1, 2016 12:57 PM
Aug 2016
Archonus said:
ixarising said:

That's fake.

and so! that means, that there will be no season 4??

Not really.
We will have to wait until official statements are out.
Oct 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Sep 2016
For those that haven't read the LN translations, or at least haven't read any recently... just WOW!
The source I follow is currently working on part.3 of Life.2 for Vol. 22.
Issei just completed the next major milestone to making his dream a reality. I won't post any other spoilers in the forums, but I don't mind sharing in PM's.

In response to earlier discussions about Issei's kids from the future:
The way I understand it from the parts I've read, goes something like this.
Issei has fathered numerous children, of which half are fighters. Of the fighters, only those of sufficient age for combat came back to the past. I haven't read anything that gives any absolute numbers, so it's unclear how many more of his kids are considered fighters. Then you double the number of kids to get the total.
With all the women in his harem, I don't know how he finds time to do anything besides impregnating them all. heh

On a side note.. don't know if anyone else has had thoughts like this, but if I were to win the Lottery in the near future (like over $100M), I think I would be sending money to Japan to guarantee DxD gets several more seasons. If they're not risking any losses, I don't see why they wouldn't keep producing something that is paid for.
C'mon Lucky Numbers!!
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.