Forum Settings
Forums

1 out of 5 relationships are now formed over the internet

New
Mar 8, 2016 8:25 PM

Feb 2016
What do you think of this? It's certainly unnatural, but is it good or bad for humanity and the individual?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2016 8:32 PM

Apr 2015
Good. Scientists said it may makes people to become less social, but it also makes our brain evolved to become more productive / more focused to solve task.
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Mar 8, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2016
LordMegumin said:
Good. Scientists said it may makes people to become less social, but it also makes our brain evolved to become more productive / more focused to solve task.
So relationships are tasks to increase focus and productivity on?

Mar 8, 2016 9:22 PM

Jun 2012
What a useless fact that I'll never consider bringing up in conversation.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 9, 2016 1:07 AM

Oct 2012
Fudo-sama said:
It's certainly unnatural

so going to a club, flirting with some random people and buying disgusting drinks is somehow more natural?

Mar 9, 2016 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think it's unnatural.. XXI is already here, we're computerizing more and more.
Internet is in center of social life nowadays, everyone has an account here and there.
Is it bad or good? It's only bad if you spend all your time on it and don't go outside.
Mar 9, 2016 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
If it forms on the internet but eventually translates to real social interaction sure it's not unnatural. Online dating sites are becoming much more prevalent now.

Mar 9, 2016 2:35 AM

Jan 2016
Doesn't surprise me. Dating sites have been a thing for God knows how long, and as far as I can tell, relationships formed online do tend to work out relatively well.
Mar 9, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2014
Moniisek said:
Fudo-sama said:
It's certainly unnatural

so going to a club, flirting with some random people and buying disgusting drinks is somehow more natural?

^ Agreed (and add loud and annoying as hell music and sometimes stupid lights)

Online, usually you judge the personality more than looks. People can be fake? Yes. So in real life if they're good actors/actresses.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Mar 9, 2016 2:56 AM
Jun 2013
I have seen too many cases of Online Nikah and Online Divorce .

What next , Online Babies ლ(╹◡╹ლ) ?
Mar 9, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2015
It's completely normal and natural to meet up in the internet and then make it a real life relationship.

A relationship that exists solely on the internet though... if it makes somebody happy, sure, let them do whatever they like.
Mar 9, 2016 3:20 AM
Mar 2013
Don't see how the method in which two people meet is relevant or "unnatural" in any way. The end result is always the same regardless of if they meet irl or online
Mar 9, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
well the internet is just another form of communication, its just that long distance relationships that are hard to maintain happens more on the internet
Mar 9, 2016 3:27 AM

Jul 2013
Not surprising. People can meet at all kinds of places, the internet can easily be one of them.
Mar 9, 2016 3:39 AM

Nov 2009
ashishkaull said:
What next , Online Babies ლ(╹◡╹ლ) ?

Probably no sooner than the end of 21st century. We don't have the proper technology yet.
Mar 9, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
Shiratori-san said:
Moniisek said:

^ Agreed (and add loud and annoying as hell music and sometimes stupid lights)

Online, usually you judge the personality more than looks. People can be fake? Yes. So in real life if they're good actors/actresses.

yeah, although I would be lying if I said that looks aren't important to me. Even online, I'd get at least curious.

Mar 9, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
Ugh no thanks for me. I don't want to be in a situation like some of those horror stories of romance on 2ch and other places.

Mar 9, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2015
Most of them probably look ugly af irl.

Also Tinder is stupid.
Mar 9, 2016 8:18 AM

Oct 2007
Well my partner and I met on this site and we're living together. Granted we were friends IRL for 3 years before becoming a couple,, but I see nothing unnatural in our relationship progression.
Mar 9, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
People are dating online? Well, I never. I'm utterly furious. My biggest pet peeve. It actually matters to me what other people do totally unrelated to me or anything to do with me!

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Mar 9, 2016 8:54 AM

Feb 2014
I agree with OP.

I always bring my dates to Club Penguin restaurants.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Mar 9, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
RedTie said:
If it works for the couple involved then there's not a problem. Personally I'd hesitate to go into that type of relationship.

It's not all that bad if you meet up once in a while and have things you can do in the mean time. But of course it takes a lot more then a standard relationship in terms of motivation and dedication to each other.
Mar 9, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2016
I don't think it's neither good or bad, it's just another 'method' (if you could call it like that) that works fine for some people I guess.
Mar 9, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2015
1 out of 5 relationships are now formed over the internet and yet here I am, high and dry without a gf even though I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet. How is that fair?
Mar 9, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
and still i can't find a girlfriend on mal....

Mar 9, 2016 10:05 AM

May 2015
What do you mean by 'unnatural'? I see two organism finding a way to communicate and talk to each other. Whether it's beneficial or not is a different story, but what's nature got to do with it?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 9, 2016 10:48 AM
Feb 2016
Well, it's to be expected. If it's safe for both parties involved, I'm fine with it.

Mar 9, 2016 11:29 AM
May 2015
This can be quite interesting. It could lead out the couples to be more open to each other, specially shy people, or ones who have certain circumstances. Anyways finding a relationship online widens your options. Like alot. It leads to diversity in regarding your social acquaintances. There are many different people all over to world, as in different cultures.
Mar 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
NasalShark said:
1 out of 5 relationships are now formed over the internet and yet here I am, high and dry without a gf even though I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet. How is that fair?

how is that fair indeed ? since i quit my job i went back to spending 16-17-18 hours every single day with my pc turned on and me on it
lots of music -
Mar 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Nov 2015
incisorr said:
how is that fair indeed ? since i quit my job i went back to spending 16-17-18 hours every single day with my pc turned on and me on it

Women are always going for the attractive, good-looking, employed douchebags, when they should really be interested in lifeless shut-ins like us. It's tough being a nice guy
Mar 9, 2016 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
Unnatural, my ass

Everything is natural

I like it, my last two relationships started off Tinder and Ok Cupid respectively
NasalShark said:
Women are always going for the attractive, good-looking, employed douchebags, when they should really be interested in lifeless shut-ins like us. It's tough being a nice guy
Loling so hard right now

Guys don't seem to comprehend how wildly unattractive it is to be a speechless shy shut in

Like, fucking dance with me ffs
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Mar 9, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
Fudo-sama said:
What do you think of this? It's certainly unnatural, but is it good or bad for humanity and the individual?

Wow. Now isn't that something? Cool.
Mar 9, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2016
NasalShark said:
why every thing you say , must crack me up ? Your like the biggest troll iv seen in mal
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 9, 2016 3:47 PM

Sep 2007
Mogu-sama said:
NasalShark said:
Loling so hard right now

Guys don't seem to comprehend how wildly unattractive it is to be a speechless shy shut in

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. So guys find shy girls attractive, but ladies don't think shy guys are attractive?

Mar 9, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Nigami_Shin said:
and still i can't find a girlfriend on mal....

I can be your GF if you want me to.
Though I am not really a girl neither I want to be your GF,but you can think that I am female that wants to be your GF and you can delude yourself into happiness.
Mar 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Nov 2015
hisokathebutcher said:
why every thing you say , must crack me up ? Your like the biggest troll iv seen in mal

Wow. My first MAL fan. I don't try to be a troll lol, it just ends up like that. Do you want me to sign something?
Mar 9, 2016 6:30 PM

Oct 2010
NasalShark said:
incisorr said:

I don't know about attractive but i was one of the people you are describing for half a year and it didn't help me
lots of music -
Mar 9, 2016 7:40 PM

Feb 2016
Moniisek said:
Fudo-sama said:
It's certainly unnatural

What I meant by that was, it wouldn't be happening without unnatural technology. If, for example, the internet suddenly shut down, you can't just go across town and hang out with them.

Mar 9, 2016 7:41 PM

Aug 2013
Fudo-sama said:
What I meant by that was, it wouldn't be happening without unnatural technology. If, for example, the internet suddenly shut down, you can't just go across town and hang out with them.
Alcohol is an unnatural technology

Just like houses and wheels and bicycles

Technology doesn't have to involve circuit boards, it can involve wheels and axles and gears...

If say, humanity shut down, bars and houses wouldn't organically form from the undergrowth complete with matching kitchenette
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Mar 9, 2016 7:57 PM

Jul 2014
I think it's cool to have friends on the internet. I'm one of them, although I do have many irl friends I drink with every other weekend.

Mar 9, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2015
Natural or not, there's no stopping it. Why bother ruminating?
Mar 9, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2014
80% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
There’s no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable, the accidental
and the things we do.
Mar 9, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2016
I met one of my really good friends online. I don't think it's good nor bad. Times evolve.
<Marisol>
Mar 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Feb 2016
Mogu-sama said:
Fudo-sama said:
Alcohol is an unnatural technology

Just like houses and wheels and bicycles

Technology doesn't have to involve circuit boards, it can involve wheels and axles and gears...

If say, humanity shut down, bars and houses wouldn't organically form from the undergrowth complete with matching kitchenette
You're missing the entire point. I never mentioned going to bars or whatever. I'm talking about forming relationships face to face. You don't need any technology for that.

Mar 9, 2016 8:20 PM

Feb 2016
El_Psy said:
80% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
100% of all questionings of statistics are false. ;)

Mar 9, 2016 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
It's certainly unnatural and I personally hesitate to call it love. Yet, most people used to get married (in the past century) through randomly meeting someone in real life.
I guess if you look at it that way, you still do get to know the person, maybe the feelings develop.
Goddess_Rukus said:

That's like asking why people bother debating about homosexuality. There's no stopping it. Most discussions are useless anyway.
Oh and don't tell me that you can stop it by making it illegal. That actually wouldn't stop it.
Mar 10, 2016 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
Does it mean I have a chance with the girls I'm stalking here? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 10, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2015
Senpaoi said:
It's certainly unnatural and I personally hesitate to call it love. Yet, most people used to get married (in the past century) through randomly meeting someone in real life.
I guess if you look at it that way, you still do get to know the person, maybe the feelings develop.
Goddess_Rukus said:

That's like asking why people bother debating about homosexuality. There's no stopping it. Most discussions are useless anyway.
Oh and don't tell me that you can stop it by making it illegal. That actually wouldn't stop it.
I fail to see what point you're trying to make here. Who said anything about making anything illegal?
Mar 10, 2016 7:06 AM

Sep 2015
Mogu-sama said:

I think the problem here, is you might find that most guys would rather play british bulldog with a herd of wild boars than dance with you.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Mar 10, 2016 7:12 AM
May 2009
Considering how busy some of us can be with work. Its not a surprise,
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 27 minutes ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

27 by Sad »»
37 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

37 by Sad »»
42 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
2 hours ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.