Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 27, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
-ZET- said:
The thing is, people don't understand that compared to Acnologia everyone is just a fodder it's not even funny, please pay attention that even Zeref made an entire army of OP wizards just to defeat Acnologia and even so we just saw in the last chapter that might not be enough..

Although that doesn't change anything to the fact that the Spriggans are ridiculously strong and either the likes of Jellal,Laxus and Gildarts be on the same level as them or Ishigar will depend on Fairy Heart or even Acnologia to beat them...
We didn't even saw the other Spriggans fighting yet, we've barely seen a glimpse of their powers, Ajeel being the only exception and there are people already saying that God Serena is the 2nd strongest one below only to August, based on what those people are even saying that is what I want to know.

Heck even with all this army Zeref still needs Lumen HIstoire to fight Acnologia
Jan 27, 2016 3:40 PM

Nov 2015
aos10 said:
damn , i didn't expected this

and now he is aiming for the dragon slayers ?

Natsu
Gajeel
Wendy
Rogue
Sting
Laxus
Erik

Have him kill off Natsu and all will be good in the world.
Jan 27, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2015
Did not expect Acnologia to join the war this soon, when I saw the silhouette I thought it was Gildarts. He just comes in and one shots God Serena like the boss he is. I think Serena is dead, don't think Acnologia would 7 dragon slayer left or whatever the line was again. Pretty sure that including Laxus and Erik as well.

Jan 27, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
ChutneyTooSpicy said:
Did not expect Acnologia to join the war this soon, when I saw the silhouette I thought it was Gildarts. He just comes in and one shots God Serena like the boss he is. I think Serena is dead, don't think Acnologia would 7 dragon slayer left or whatever the line was again. Pretty sure that including Laxus and Erik as well.

This does mean Cobra is nearby too so double yay for that
Jan 27, 2016 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
So to sum it up, God Serena is the ultimate doping, full on magical crank? Ok.......and said guy got off'd like a noob against Acnologia. That is gonna be very anti-climatic if that is all we're gonna see from this guy.

MartintheDragon said:
We need music for that last page. Any suggestions?
I tend to use this one for those symbolic huge/final boss-esque battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4FBCwoS8WI
Jan 27, 2016 7:26 PM

Apr 2008
BGMaxie said:
So to sum it up, God Serena is the ultimate doping, full on magical crank? Ok.......and said guy got off'd like a noob against Acnologia. That is gonna be very anti-climatic if that is all we're gonna see from this guy.

MartintheDragon said:
We need music for that last page. Any suggestions?
I tend to use this one for those symbolic huge/final boss-esque battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4FBCwoS8WI

I'd use this personally

Lyrics translate as:

Curse thy vain dare!
Hail! Do or Die!
Alas! Thou willst!
Grievous! Thou fallst!
The Origin of Darkness
Sable Grave doth gape there
Devour thy sanguine soul
Swallow thy pale wings down
Darklight0303Jan 27, 2016 7:29 PM
Jan 28, 2016 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
I didn't expect that this chapter will be epic.

8 types of dragon slayer is impossibruh though.
Jan 28, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2008
Raijin-sama619 said:

It was pretty much text book Gary Stu OC. Thank god he's dead
Jan 28, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:

You know, this is Fairy Tail we are talking about. It's impossibruh to have major death in FT. There is a exception though.
Raijin-sama619Jan 28, 2016 5:34 AM
Jan 28, 2016 6:09 AM

Apr 2008
Raijin-sama619 said:
Darklight0303 said:

You know, this is Fairy Tail we are talking about. It's impossibruh to have major death in FT. There is a exception though.

This isn't a major character though. So it's very possible. This guy was no more major than Kyoka or Marde Geer and they're BOTH dead.
Jan 28, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Raijin-sama619 said:

This isn't a major character though. So it's very possible. This guy was no more major than Kyoka or Marde Geer and they're BOTH dead.

The new system of Quote notification is very useful :3
Jan 28, 2016 7:42 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Raijin-sama619 said:

Touch curious, but how was he a stu?
Jan 28, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

Quirky to the point of obnoxiousness, had puns that made you want to stab your brain with a fork and using 8 dragon lacryma in the same body. In fact I've seen several fanfics with OC's like that. And they were all SHIT.

Serena was so clearly designed to be destroyed it's not even funny. He's a walking joke.
Jan 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

Quirky to the point of obnoxiousness, had puns that made you want to stab your brain with a fork and using 8 dragon lacryma in the same body. In fact I've seen several fanfics with OC's like that. And they were all SHIT.

Serena was so clearly designed to be destroyed it's not even funny. He's a walking joke.

I see. I duo, when I hear stu I think of characters like Tatsuya, Kirito, Aizen and Madara. Serena wasn't onscreen long enough for me to consider him a stu, just another dude. He had some flashy attacks, I guess (honestly they didn't seem like anything we hadn't seen before), but ultimately he was just another Spriggan to detract from the plot.
Jan 28, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

I see. I duo, when I hear stu I think of characters like Tatsuya, Kirito, Aizen and Madara. Serena wasn't onscreen long enough for me to consider him a stu, just another dude. He had some flashy attacks, I guess (honestly they didn't seem like anything we hadn't seen before), but ultimately he was just another Spriggan to detract from the plot.

Broken abilities is not the only thing that makes a character a Stu. Basically anything that flashes you with neon lights about what a special snowflake character X is makes said character a Sue or Stu.
Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2010
Goodbye and good riddance to Serena.
Jan 28, 2016 2:27 PM

Sep 2012
Chapter was DOPE! 11/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2015
Y'know, if it was anyone other than Acnologia, I'd be pissed. I mean, you don't just throw in that the man is the strongest mage in Fiore and that he has 8 Dragon Slayer powers only to immediately fuck him over. But....it's my dude Acnologia so....idk how to feel.
Ya couldn't have Gildarts fight Serena or something....you also couldn't have given him a manlier fucking name so I could take his bunny ear hairdo seriously?

Interesting chapter....not sure how to grade it though, definitely had a similar problem about some chapters that I hate but....I feel like I'm under some Acnologia clause or something.
Jan 28, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
Jebba_Duh_Hurt said:
Y'know, if it was anyone other than Acnologia, I'd be pissed. I mean, you don't just throw in that the man is the strongest mage in Fiore and that he has 8 Dragon Slayer powers only to immediately fuck him over. But....it's my dude Acnologia so....idk how to feel.
Ya couldn't have Gildarts fight Serena or something....you also couldn't have given him a manlier fucking name so I could take his bunny ear hairdo seriously?

Interesting chapter....not sure how to grade it though, definitely had a similar problem about some chapters that I hate but....I feel like I'm under some Acnologia clause or something.

Serena from start to end was always a joke
Jan 28, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Jebba_Duh_Hurt said:
Darklight0303 said:

Serena from start to end was always a joke

If this really is his end, then yeah, pretty much.
....Seriously, the hair alone make me feel like this guy wasn't going to be that interesting of a character.....wtf is that on his head?

And lets not even start on his personality and groan inducing one liners
Jan 28, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

Because thats bad writing?

Would you not be pissed if next chapter Ankhseram appeared and randomly offed both Zeref and Acnologia?

God Serena was hyped as end-all-be-all threat of Zeref's army. What happened here literally made the whole war and its supposed "threat" irrelevant.

How is it bad writing when the moron not only taunted Acnologia the DESTROYER of the dragon race but was also on Acnologia's murder list for being a Dragon Slayer? Anything more than this would have made Acnologia look like a chump.

This is the man who single handedly EXTERMINATED all dragons. And you talk shit to him and expect to live while being a dragon slayer? Seriously Serena was destined to be fodderized at that point.

Compared to that what exactly did Serena do to give you this hype? Act like a clown and beat up some old men. Wow. Truly the greatest of all. Give me a break.

Acnologia HAS ALWAYS been the bigger threat than Alvarez

Dude you really lose all logic when you dislike a character. You get too much into your personal bias. Actually is not because you hated the guy is because you got annoyed by the "he is Yuri" theory that you decided to hate the guy and now lose all logic about him.

It has nothing to do with Acnologia. No one here said that he should be beating Acnologia. What we are saying is that for a character that had so much hype built around him it is quite a waste to just off him so fast after he first showed some of his power.
The guy was supposed to be the strongest mage in the entire continent and as we saw he is strong than all 4 of the other numbers from 2-5 together and he also has many elemental dragons power and shit. His a character with a lot of power and certain built-up. To be killed so fast is a waste of built-up and hype etc no matter how strong Acnologia is.

Also "beating some old men" is a silly way to put it. Those weren't just some old men. You forget that the weaker of them that was the bold guy fought with Laxus at the magic games and it was about as strong as Laxus was and barely lost.
So the least you can say is that he beat 4 Laxu's(and it is the least because the 2nd and 3rd may be quite stronger than Laxus for all we know) and that is by no means a fucking small thing.
MonadJan 28, 2016 4:21 PM
Jan 29, 2016 1:18 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
Darklight0303 said:

How is it bad writing when the moron not only taunted Acnologia the DESTROYER of the dragon race but was also on Acnologia's murder list for being a Dragon Slayer? Anything more than this would have made Acnologia look like a chump.

This is the man who single handedly EXTERMINATED all dragons. And you talk shit to him and expect to live while being a dragon slayer? Seriously Serena was destined to be fodderized at that point.

Compared to that what exactly did Serena do to give you this hype? Act like a clown and beat up some old men. Wow. Truly the greatest of all. Give me a break.

Acnologia HAS ALWAYS been the bigger threat than Alvarez

Dude you really lose all logic when you dislike a character. You get too much into your personal bias. Actually is not because you hated the guy is because you got annoyed by the "he is Yuri" theory that you decided to hate the guy and now lose all logic about him.

It has nothing to do with Acnologia. No one here said that he should be beating Acnologia. What we are saying is that for a character that had so much hype built around him it is quite a waste to just off him so fast after he first showed some of his power.
The guy was supposed to be the strongest mage in the entire continent and as we saw he is strong than all 4 of the other numbers from 2-5 together and he also has many elemental dragons power and shit. His a character with a lot of power and certain built-up. To be killed so fast is a waste of built-up and hype etc no matter how strong Acnologia is.

Also "beating some old men" is a silly way to put it. Those weren't just some old men. You forget that the weaker of them that was the bold guy fought with Laxus at the magic games and it was about as strong as Laxus was and barely lost.
So the least you can say is that he beat 4 Laxu's(and it is the least because the 2nd and 3rd may be quite stronger than Laxus for all we know) and that is by no means a fucking small thing.

So to you less than half an arc of mentions counts as hype? Also strongest on the continent is irelevant when he's never gone against the likes of Gildarts who is always wandering. Titles are WORTHLESS outside of a strict environment. Gildarts is living proof of that.

Barely lost? Also warrod was not really a combat type so no you can't really say he was hyped up to be some super powerhouse hell he said as much. The other two were no feats just like Serena. People can say a lot of things but that doesn't make it hype. Facts make hype. Actions make hype and certainly a LOT more than less than half an arc.

Kyouka had hype the moment she was introduced when she showed up and having taken out all of Minerva's new guild before doing something to her off screen. Compared to that all Serena had was hearsay and official recognition but no facts. Hell the whole dragonslayer thing came out of FUCKING NOWHERE. No foreshadowing of any kind and for some dumb reason even his former allies HAD NO IDEA HE HAD IT.

He was a gary Stu. An expendable piece of fodder for someone stronger to gobble up. Someone like Acnologia.
Darklight0303Jan 29, 2016 1:21 AM
Jan 29, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Monad said:

So to you less than half an arc of mentions counts as hype? Also strongest on the continent is irelevant when he's never gone against the likes of Gildarts who is always wandering. Titles are WORTHLESS outside of a strict environment. Gildarts is living proof of that.

Barely lost? Also warrod was not really a combat type so no you can't really say he was hyped up to be some super powerhouse hell he said as much. The other two were no feats just like Serena. People can say a lot of things but that doesn't make it hype. Facts make hype. Actions make hype and certainly a LOT more than less than half an arc.

Kyouka had hype the moment she was introduced when she showed up and having taken out all of Minerva's new guild before doing something to her off screen. Compared to that all Serena had was hearsay and official recognition but no facts. Hell the whole dragonslayer thing came out of FUCKING NOWHERE. No foreshadowing of any kind and for some dumb reason even his former allies HAD NO IDEA HE HAD IT.

He was a gary Stu. An expendable piece of fodder for someone stronger to gobble up. Someone like Acnologia.

Amazing. Here we go again!

First you say "Serena was designed to be fodderized". A caracther who was once part of Ishigar and left without anyone knowing, a caracther which has the power of dragon slayer magic, a characther which and only showed 3/4 of his 8 elements and so on.
Comparing him to others Spriggans, he is far more interesting so far. (Maybe except Brandish for obvious reasons)

Next you said Seren taunted Acnologia. Even if Serena dint do shit Acnologia would still try to kill him... Because thats what Acnologia wants. You said he was fodderized... but guess what: Anyone would be fodderized by him.
You know what this means right? Since Acnologia destroied and strong oppenent like Serena, who is a DS, there is no other DS capable of doing so... And it raised the chances of Acnologia being defeated by some BS.

Next you speak about Gildarts... Actually, Serena demonstrate more feets than Gildarts. Which makes Serena > Gildarts! I dont know who would win but considereing a Dragon Slayer (which is one of the strongest magics) with 8 elements gives him a great boost.

No you said Serena is dead and we should accept.
First: August, the owner of countless magic and knowledge, is there. I will not be surprised if August has dozens and dozens of healing magic.
Second: Gildarts had his arm, leg ripped off (maybe something else). Guess what? He survived. How? We dont know, but Iam sure he dint survived alone... Just like Serena, he can be resuced by August.

You mentioned Facts makes hype and actions makes hype but its funny how contradict yourself.

Anyways, feel free to comment and disagree since that what Iam expecting.
Btw, you also said that you dint liked Serena since he showed up which makes it clear that you simply hate him no matter what...

Atleast Serena will not achieve the levels of hates has you do it for Gray.
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Jan 29, 2016 8:27 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
He got fucking wrecked m8. xD

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 29, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Monad said:

How does Kyouka gain hype from wiping out a guild of featless unkowns that were introduced as a subordinate guild to Tartaros? That's like saying Vegeta got hype from killing a Saibaman.
On second thought, how is that more deserving of hype than taking out four of the top mages? And keep in mind even if three don't have feats, Jura was able to give Laxus a high diff fight (and he's FT's biggest gun since Natsu's lost FDK) and it was stated outright that Jura couldn't beat the other three.
Jan 29, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

How does Kyouka gain hype from wiping out a guild of featless unkowns that were introduced as a subordinate guild to Tartaros? That's like saying Vegeta got hype from killing a Saibaman.
On second thought, how is that more deserving of hype than taking out four of the top mages? And keep in mind even if three don't have feats, Jura was able to give Laxus a high diff fight (and he's FT's biggest gun since Natsu's lost FDK) and it was stated outright that Jura couldn't beat the other three.

She gains hype by being ruthless and with a grand ulterior motive of finding people strong enough to endure whatever she's done to them. ALso gained hype as to how she was able to turn all of those people into those paper like husks.

Why are you including warrod when he explicit admitted that he wasn't all that strong in combat?

As for the other two again. Talking about them isn't enough to build hype. Rumors and information can be forged or inaccurate plus again I present the example of GILDARTS the guy who has a whole freaking town remodel itself for him when he comes for a visit, who can dice up living beings into tiny version of themselves dividing their power. Compared to that what we saw from the so called gods was pathetic. Again official titles mean nothing when you see plenty of unofficial powerhouses walking around.

If you wanted to truly build hype for the gods they should have intervened within the last three arcs yes I include Alvarez which could have been so much more than it turned out. Then they'd have hype. Without that it's nothing but rumors and a reputation recognized officially. And so far the official authorities in Fairy Tail are fucking TRASH.
Darklight0303Jan 29, 2016 12:30 PM
Jan 29, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

She gains hype by being ruthless and with a grand ulterior motive of finding people strong enough to endure whatever she's done to them. ALso gained hype as to how she was able to turn all of those people into those paper like husks.

Why are you including warrod when he explicit admitted that he wasn't all that strong in combat?

As for the other two again. Talking about them isn't enough to build hype. Rumors and information can be forged or inaccurate plus again I present the example of GILDARTS the guy who has a whole freaking town remodel itself for him when he comes for a visit, who can dice up living beings into tiny version of themselves dividing their power. Compared to that what we saw from the so called gods was pathetic. Again official titles mean nothing when you see plenty of unofficial powerhouses walking around.

If you wanted to truly build hype for the gods they should have intervened within the last three arcs yes I include Alvarez which could have been so much more than it turned out. Then they'd have hype. Without that it's nothing but rumors and a reputation recognized officially. And so far the official authorities in Fairy Tail are fucking TRASH.

So it's just a different type of hype, then (personality rather than ability). I can get behind that.

Because there's something called modesty. Like how Jura mentioned he was the weakest of the Wizard Saints and then stomped Brain like he was owed money.

Key word in that last paragraph is "saw." We didn't see any grand feats not because they have none to show (maybe they do, maybe they don't), but because Mashima decided to skip the first half of the fight and then have August call off Serena's attacks and then Acnologia showed up. With Gildarts we were allowed to see him in action, uninterrupted by plot or whatever Mashima wanted to throw in. And it wasn't because he's stronger than Srena or the other Four Gods, but because that's how it was written.

Also, the town is remodeled mainly due to his personality rather than his power. Natsu, Laxus and others can be just as destructive, but because they're not airheaded enough to walk through walls trying to navigate a street the town stays the same.

And, yes, I can agree that FT is poorly written. Let it never be said that we don't share common ground.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like a character, but don't let your dislike keep you from seeing other people's points of view. You've done it, and probably will do it again, with Gray and you're doing it here with Serena.
Jan 29, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2014
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

So it's just a different type of hype, then (personality rather than ability). I can get behind that.

Because there's something called modesty. Like how Jura mentioned he was the weakest of the Wizard Saints and then stomped Brain like he was owed money.

Key word in that last paragraph is "saw." We didn't see any grand feats not because they have none to show (maybe they do, maybe they don't), but because Mashima decided to skip the first half of the fight and then have August call off Serena's attacks and then Acnologia showed up. With Gildarts we were allowed to see him in action, uninterrupted by plot or whatever Mashima wanted to throw in. And it wasn't because he's stronger than Srena or the other Four Gods, but because that's how it was written.

Also, the town is remodeled mainly due to his personality rather than his power. Natsu, Laxus and others can be just as destructive, but because they're not airheaded enough to walk through walls trying to navigate a street the town stays the same.

And, yes, I can agree that FT is poorly written. Let it never be said that we don't share common ground.

Look, I'm not saying you have to like a character, but don't let your dislike keep you from seeing other people's points of view. You've done it, and probably will do it again, with Gray and you're doing it here with Serena.

He will never change man. Let it go lol.
Jan 29, 2016 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
kakoa1234 said:
AllenNoah said:

Maybe he won't, but that's not my point. Even if he doesn't change his mind I'd like us to at least be able to say that we understand each other. That's the whole point of communication.
Jan 30, 2016 3:20 AM

May 2014
AllenNoah said:
kakoa1234 said:

Maybe he won't, but that's not my point. Even if he doesn't change his mind I'd like us to at least be able to say that we understand each other. That's the whole point of communication.

Iam here over a year or more (like you in a way). I had tons and tons of discussion with him and many other did.
And its useless because he will never admit that his hate for a character is stronger than reasonable arguments.

Mein from Akame Ga Kill
Gray from Fairy Tail
Serena now.

And many others.

I get your itentions, but he will end up
Jan 30, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
Read the spoilers. GUESS WHO IS STILL FUCKING DEAD JUST LIKE I SAID HE WOULD BE? Someone pick that fucking phone because against all you in denial people I FUCKING CALLED IT.
Darklight0303Jan 30, 2016 3:38 AM
Jan 30, 2016 4:36 AM

Aug 2015

now there will be a comments that it's a bad writing from Mashima and why to hype character just to kill him off :P i can feel it ..
Jan 30, 2016 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
ViciLockhart said:

now there will be a comments that it's a bad writing from Mashima and why to hype character just to kill him off :P i can feel it ..

Oh I'm sure there will be. Won't change the truth though. No matter how much they kick scream and yell foul.
Jan 30, 2016 4:58 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

+1
Darklight0303 said:
Read the spoilers. GUESS WHO IS STILL FUCKING DEAD JUST LIKE I SAID HE WOULD BE? Someone pick that fucking phone because against all you in denial people I FUCKING CALLED IT.

It's not really like Mashima. A welcome change I suppose. But please tone it down a bit. This is a discussion. Both sides have a reason to say what they're saying.
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Jan 30, 2016 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
Evarinya said:
Darklight0303 said:

+1
Darklight0303 said:

It's not really like Mashima. A welcome change I suppose. But please tone it down a bit. This is a discussion. Both sides have a reason to say what they're saying.

After all that confident bluster they had, I'm pretty sure I earned this. Oh August will SURELY heal Serena or Serena somehow dead WILL TOTALLY HEAL HIMSELF. Cause the dead can still do anything corporeal after dying.

Heck remember how Cobra offed Zero after they were released before meeting with Jellal? SAME THING.
Jan 30, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:

I'd use this personally

Lyrics translate as:

Curse thy vain dare!
Hail! Do or Die!
Alas! Thou willst!
Grievous! Thou fallst!
The Origin of Darkness
Devour thy sanguine soul

Evarinya said:
Darklight0303 said:

+1
Darklight0303 said:

Not bad, it really sounds good. Haven't played the game, but this is a good start. Anyway, vs that, I present this, which is perhaps the most terrifying track I've ever listened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOI0ZQwkUw
Jan 30, 2016 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
BGMaxie said:
Darklight0303 said:

I'd use this personally

Lyrics translate as:

Curse thy vain dare!
Hail! Do or Die!
Alas! Thou willst!
Grievous! Thou fallst!
The Origin of Darkness
Devour thy sanguine soul

Evarinya said:

+1

Not bad, it really sounds good. Haven't played the game, but this is a good start. Anyway, vs that, I present this, which is perhaps the most terrifying track I've ever listened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOI0ZQwkUw

Ohohohoh not bad but I found one even BETTER

Jan 30, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Not really. We saw everything we had to see about Brain. I think Lahar is a better example in favour of your point. Serena had 4 (actually 5) more types of dragon slaying magic that we didn't see. And whyever the hell did he defect. Not to mention the "man beloved by the Dragon God" rubbish. I'm not going into the whole "God of Ishgar #1" hype. He had a lot of potential.
EvarinyaJan 31, 2016 10:40 PM
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Jan 30, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
Evarinya said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not really. We saw everything we had to see about Brain. I think Lahar is a better example in favour of your point. Serena had 4 (actually 5) more types of dragon slaying magic that we didn't see. Not to mention the whole "God of Ishgar #1 hype. He had a lot of potential.

I've already explained countless times how official titles are worthless in a world where there are plenty stronger who don't go on the records. The 8 lachryma dragons slayer also screamed GIMMICK and nothing else. None of his old coleagues knew he had that? ARe you serious? Mashima didn't even want to try with Serena since he was going to be offed from the start.
Jan 30, 2016 7:46 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

I've already explained countless times how official titles are worthless in a world where there are plenty stronger who don't go on the records.

I didn't contradict that. It came out wrong. I'll modify that post. In fact I totally agree with you there.

Darklight0303 said:

The 8 lachryma dragons slayer also screamed GIMMICK and nothing else. Mashima didn't even want to try with Serena since he was going to be offed from the start.

That's hindsight. And when it comes to Mashima, we're constantly crying "wolf" and half the time it's some cheap trick.

Darklight0303 said:

None of his old coleagues knew he had that? Are you serious?

Pretty serious. Nobody in FT knew Laxus was a DS except perhaps Makarov. The seiten daimadou are hardly a cohesive unit. In fact they're wandering mages. I don't think they'd know each other too well.
EvarinyaJan 30, 2016 7:53 AM
Jan 30, 2016 7:57 AM
Jun 2015
havent you read it enough yet to know it ? :))

strong non-main characters at first then have their ass kicked like shit and then become weakling not even worth care about , jura is one , after that one year skip he will become even more worthless as laxus have become even much stronger , laxus is more cool , has more talent , younger than jura , seriously thats just predictable ,

in this manga and just like the rave master manga , you should know by know ppl ....

im sure as hell no need to care about god serena , those 3 wizard saints ( not warrod ) of the top 4 , the ugly sand guy in the 12 ......

and btw , Gildarts is the strongest person in fairy tail , the strongest guild in Fiore , thats some hype man , plus he looks cool , and a member of the main group in this manga

On Our side we can count on Laxus , Jellal and Gildart to be real strong char other than the main group , Natsu is a miracle making machine , no explain there , Gray and the other Dragon Slayers , Erza can do some plot jobs :))

on the Enemy side we can fear Acnologia , Zeref .... thats it , i havent seen enough of the rest yet , but that august , invel may have some potential , just maybe ok ... dont be too quick to judge the enemy in Fairy tail :))))
Jan 31, 2016 1:53 AM

May 2014
ViciLockhart said:

As I recall, I dont remember anyone saying Serena would be 100% condition. People gave opinions that maybe August (owner of countless magics) could heal somehow Serena.

And yes, its bad writting. Simple because this reason:
- Serena past? None.
- Why did he betraied his comrades? Dont know
- Why an enemy who hasnt show his full power is already dead?
- Why a Dragon Slayer like Serena who proved to be the strongest DS was one shotted? This means Acnologia wont be defeated.
- Why hype a character like Acnologia even more, when he does need any? Oh, this means a BS nakama win might be the outcome of the battle.
- Serena was the moest interesting character in the Spriggans (like Brandish) still he was dropped like a dog.

I like to see your reactions if Acnologia killed August and Jacob as well.
Jan 31, 2016 7:15 AM
Jun 2015
Well from mashina bad writing , god serena wont be the strongest dragon slayer for long , also the one can use the strongest Ds magic is still acnologia now , and i dont know if god serena is real Ds or just have lacrima implanted ...

And if he has no past , no real introduction yet how can he be any interesting ??? And seriously i dont find any spriggans to be any interesting at all ....

Why hype a char like acnologia ? Then why not ?

Seriously , for me those 12 are just a large number of useless trash to prevent me from witnessing the real interesting thing that is zeref and acnologia .......

Because of mashima bad writing that i dont have any hope for those trash ( the spriggan ) if thats how you see it .....
FaizkaixaJan 31, 2016 7:19 AM
Jan 31, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2009
So a lot of stuff happened at once, which I didn't expect. Although it is good to get the story along I guess.

Regarding God Serena being hyped. Well he was described as the strongest Wizard Saint that mysteriously converted over to Zeref. So he was kind of a big deal and I feel it was justified to see what he can really do and what his motives are. If he really is dead (which I kinda doubt) it would be quite a big disappointment. That's my opinion at least.

Regarding Acnologia I think it's nice to see him in his humanoid form (he somehow seems even more dangerous). I just hope he doesn't play too big a part in this battle. I for one was pretty interested in seeing the different fights of the Spriggan 12 and the other Guilds. Maybe they'll find a way to temporarily direct his attention away from the fight. At the moment it seems he could just wipe out everyone.

I'm interested to see where Mashima goes from here and I hope he doesn't move the story forward too quickly all of a sudden.
Jan 31, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Luppi said:
So a lot of stuff happened at once, which I didn't expect. Although it is good to get the story along I guess.

Regarding God Serena being hyped. Well he was described as the strongest Wizard Saint that mysteriously converted over to Zeref. So he was kind of a big deal and I feel it was justified to see what he can really do and what his motives are. If he really is dead (which I kinda doubt) it would be quite a big disappointment. That's my opinion at least.

Regarding Acnologia I think it's nice to see him in his humanoid form (he somehow seems even more dangerous). I just hope he doesn't play too big a part in this battle. I for one was pretty interested in seeing the different fights of the Spriggan 12 and the other Guilds. Maybe they'll find a way to temporarily direct his attention away from the fight. At the moment it seems he could just wipe out everyone.

I'm interested to see where Mashima goes from here and I hope he doesn't move the story forward too quickly all of a sudden.

Well to be honest Acnologia is only actively hunting Dragon slayers. Or else August and Jacob would be dead as well. They are pretty much specs of dust in his eyes at this point and that should apply to all non dragon slayers that don't attack him.
Jan 31, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Luppi said:

Well to be honest Acnologia is only actively hunting Dragon slayers. Or else August and Jacob would be dead as well. They are pretty much specs of dust in his eyes at this point and that should apply to all non dragon slayers that don't attack him.

That is true, but that doesn't mean the others won't attack him and then he will react, which could end badly for a lot of people.
Darklight0303 said:
Luppi said:

That is true, but that doesn't mean the others won't attack him and then he will react, which could end badly for a lot of people.
Jan 31, 2016 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
Oh yes Acnologia WILL certainly fight back if he's attacked by fleas. No fight back is giving them too much credit. He will react and crush the insects before moving on with his hunt.
Jan 31, 2016 10:38 PM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Oh yes Acnologia WILL certainly fight back if he's attacked by fleas. No fight back is giving them too much credit. He will react and crush the insects before moving on with his hunt.

Exactly. But if he does too much crushing there won't be a story to be told anymore! Wherever he appears, the fight ends and the massacre begins. Or to be more proper, APOCALYPSE. And the DS have now spread out to all the relevant locations. That's exactly why I feel it's too soon for him to have come. Right now, nothing can stop him from wiping everyone out. And if he just disappears for several chapters.... well, that'd be the biggest load of rubbish Mashima has ever tried to feed us.
Feb 1, 2016 2:19 AM

Apr 2008
Evarinya said:
Darklight0303 said:

Exactly. But if he does too much crushing there won't be a story to be told anymore! Wherever he appears, the fight ends and the massacre begins. Or to be more proper, APOCALYPSE. And the DS have now spread out to all the relevant locations. That's exactly why I feel it's too soon for him to have come. Right now, nothing can stop him from wiping everyone out. And if he just disappears for several chapters.... well, that'd be the biggest load of rubbish Mashima has ever tried to feed us.

To be honest I never believed this was the FINAL arc of Fairy Tail. Something is gonna happen to throw everything into even more chaos.
Feb 1, 2016 2:37 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

To be honest I never believed this was the FINAL arc of Fairy Tail. Something is gonna happen to throw everything into even more chaos.

Hmm. Yeah. I think so too. There are still a hell lot of questions left unanswered. But I'm wondering how Mashima will pull that off from here without writing crap.. Well, let's see and hope for the best.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.