Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 19, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Borgia said:
This confirms that the One Piece fanbase consists mostly of rapists.

I nearly choked when I read that. .______.;;;

- - - - -

Yukiatsu still seems pretty creepy. The guy's scarred badly. I'm glad he was there to help out Anjou, but what was up with his asking her out anyway? That seemed to come out of nowhere... Also, we discover that he liked Menma too when they were little.

Seems like Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu, to me. She apparently retrieved the hairpin he threw way back then. Wearing it like that implies pretty strongly that she still wants to be with him. She's constantly hanging out with him too. I wonder how she feels about the Menma stuff.

The part with Poppo was really sad. You can tell how hard he's trying to help... how badly he wants to be able to see Menma too.

Menma broke down and started crying. I know she doesn't understand why she's there, but she doesn't seem to want to interact with anyone else, either. Sure, she might hug them when she's super happy or something, but when it comes down to showing them that she's there, she won't do anything. I wonder why that is...

Good episode. Anjou really needs to ditch her "friends" already.
Sep 7, 2014 12:01 AM

Oct 2013
Shuhan said:

rofl

Good episode, lots of feels at the end.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 1:07 PM
Jun 2014
Oddlly enough, the thing that stuck out to me most this episode was so insignificant. Did anyone notice Tsuruko flipping the pages in the "western" direction while in the station. She may be reading in English since we saw them in class doing the same but I'm not sure. Anyway, another great episode to have marked off as watched.
Mar 17, 2015 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
Yukiatsu was really guilty...
Confessions, everywhere...
A boy forced Naruko to a love hotel, but Yukiatsu saved her. What a good-timing.
Only Jintan could really see Menma.

Good episode!
Apr 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Nov 2013
Shuhan said:

looool.

yukiatsu is a trainwreck, but also a bro.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
The first really touching episode. There are two parts that almost made me cry, the confession of Yukiatsu and the part with Poppo. Poor Poppo he want to see her, but unfortunately it's impossible. IMO, he is one of the best character of this anime.
Jun 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
I don't understand...

If Menma can interact with objects, why couldn't she move the chopsticks or something to show that she was there?
Why can't she write a message down with a pen and paper?

She cooked cupcakes in an earlier episode, right?
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 10, 2015 7:05 PM
Jan 2015
gotta say that flashback with yukiatsu and menma made me have a few feels
Jul 22, 2015 3:24 AM

Jun 2014
WHY CAN'T MENMA JUST PROVE TO EVERYONE SHE'S THERE BY LIFTING SOMETHING UP >:c
Aug 24, 2015 5:23 PM

Feb 2014
Yuki was an idiot for asking Anjo about her virginity after saving her life from a pervert. Who asks question to a girl like that lol

The flashback with Yuki and Menma was so emotional and packed with feels. I think I have a new ship thanks to this episode.

I cried when Menma tries to convinced Poppo that she wants to talk to everyone but can't and Poppo because he wants to see Menma. Poor Menma and Poppo :(
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Sep 8, 2015 2:17 AM

Jun 2015
I´m sad, but I´m happy too
Nov 24, 2015 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
Yuki!!! He grew so much this episode ;n;

I now pity everyone, bc while they might look like they are over it everyone is just coping in his own way.

The last scene with poppo, menma and jintan was the saddest. (the bit with yuki and an was so scary)
Jan 5, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
She seems to be able to interact with physical objects. She wants to talk to people so why doesn't she try and write a note or something?
Jan 12, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
I need to stop watching this show in public. I don't want to burst into tears around strangers.
Jan 15, 2016 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
After watching a couple of episodes it turned out that the OP song is really nice lol
Average episode , but i liked it .
Jan 26, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2015
Menma crying always breaks my heart..
Jan 31, 2016 9:29 AM
May 2012
Tyestor said:
She seems to be able to interact with physical objects. She wants to talk to people so why doesn't she try and write a note or something?

Exactly!
Hopefully, Yukiatsu will stop being a bitch now.
Mar 16, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yukiatsu seemed like a creep to me in the first few episodes, but this episode showed that he can be a good guy by saving Anaru from getting laid. I feel sorry for Poppo while he's desperately trying to talk to Menma.

Anaru should just leave her bitchy "friends" behind. Judging on how they act, they're just bad influences towards her.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 PM

Mar 2015
Well at least Yukiatsu is starting to open up with everyone.

Poppo is also desperately trying to talk with Menma, but he's doing it wrong and it makes everyone feel bad. Though he have a good intention.

May 1, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2014
poppo .... feeling sad for the guy
May 7, 2016 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Tyestor said:

Yes, god it is so annoying. She could so many things to alert everyone else of her presence, but she just doesn't
May 20, 2016 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
Poppo made Menma cry, he's stupid and annoying, he is the only one I will never forgive.
Jun 28, 2016 6:58 PM
Jan 2012
uou. Yukiatsu save anjou but don't have courage about your feelings for Menma.
Menma is real,and ghost.
Much confessions this episode. Popo believe's jinta but dont know handle the situation.
Jul 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was great an full of feels!

Favourite Parts:
-Yukiatsu saving Anaru from that guy
-Yukiatsu and Anaru on the
-Poppo trying to talk to Menma (I died of laughter)
Overall thoughts:
Yukiatsu just became a better character, Poppo is amazing, and Anaru needs to get some new friends.
~Professional Dreamer~
Aug 30, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2009
Reminds me of this sort of poppo:
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 15, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
Rain said:
I don't understand...

If Menma can interact with objects, why couldn't she move the chopsticks or something to show that she was there?
Why can't she write a message down with a pen and paper?

She cooked cupcakes in an earlier episode, right?

This. It's really ruining all the touching moments for me... Just pick up a pen goddamit.
Nov 6, 2016 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
Woah, loads of development for Yukiatsu this episode. Really loving him, Anaru, and Tsuruko. The poor guy confesses to Menma who leaves him ... is that why he think s it's his fault? Well, Tsuruko went and got that clip and kept it, does she like him?! Doesn't seem like it though ... I loved the interaction with those two at the train station, and then he went after (and saved) Anaru and their conversation was pretty legit too. I guess they both realize they're yearning after someone they can't have, at least for now (well, at least Anaru has a chance since Jinta's ... alive lol). When he asked her out I was so surprised XD It seems like at least she is kind of acknowledging her own feelings as well so that's good. The end scene was pretty awkward with Poppo going on, I feel like he's pretty genuine in his feelings but I guess it just made Menma more frustrated how she couldn't do anything. Though like others have said before, if she can interact with the world it's pretty weird to think she can't use that to send a message to them ... >_<
Nov 22, 2016 8:55 PM

Sep 2015
Poor Menma and Naruko
Jan 25, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
Another Amazing Episode......
Mar 9, 2017 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
I really like this show, but it's getting really irritating considering it's like halfway through and the existence of Menma could totally be proven just by her picking up a cup in front of everybody. I mean seriously, come on.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jul 18, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2016
It was just the early part of the episode but I was crying my eyes off when Yukiatsu was desperately asking Jinta why Menma wouldn't appear to him and more feels got to me when the flashback of him handing over a hairpin. Yukiatsu is pretty much convinced when he shared something only a dead girl would've known. It seems that Tsuruko got the original one with her...

Anaru really needs to ditch those slutty friends of hers. Knowing her character, I would've expected that she'd just cover her mouth and cry silently while getting raped. Good thing cross-dresser was there to same the day ;-;

Despite Poppo believing in Jinta, how he badgered "Menma" with continuous questions while she's not able to reply at all came out as a bit insensitive. I wonder if she'll try to make herself noticed like carry food in front of the group lol

I thought that I resisted crying in the ED again but replaying it devastated me ;-;

Nov 15, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2016
Wow, this went like 5 min to me this show is beautiful.
witchwings said:
idiot. you don't ask a girl who was just about to be sexually assaulted if she wants to go out with you. there are a time and a place for things.

and he's probably still in love with Menma so I don't even know if he really likes Anjou?
so if it was a joke then it was even less considerate.
He said that just to make sure that Anjou loves Jinta he doesn't even care about her.

Hraktuus said:
I really like this show, but it's getting really irritating considering it's like halfway through and the existence of Menma could totally be proven just by her picking up a cup in front of everybody. I mean seriously, come on.
I feel ya man :-;
RaizelNov 15, 2017 11:22 AM
Feb 27, 2018 1:15 AM
Jun 2017
Poppo just hit it right- menma is still here on earth due to a certain thing sge still needs to fulfill before leaving the earth. Well menma doesnt know what it is. Cant wait for the next episode...
Nov 2, 2018 10:49 PM

May 2013
Yukiatsu is right. Tsuruko keeps him in check.

My girl Anaru should've slapped that forceful asshole D:<

Seems Poppo is starting to get a little desperate on wanting to see Menma too :( I don't blame him. They were all friends with her.

I'm not really sure why Menma cried about not knowing her wish or going to heaven. I guess it's because of the confusion and frustration of not knowing and wanting to move on peacefully?

If she can make bread and wear a towel and eat and cling onto people to make them lose their balance or feel weight on their shoulders, she should just do one of those to make her presence known. Knock over another glass of water. Do something so that Jinta doesn't look like a maniac and to also help quell the anticipation of the others wanting to see her as well.
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 2, 2018 11:21 PM
Jan 22, 2019 7:21 PM

Jun 2015
i actually really like poppo, i bet he liked her and just wants to see even a glimpse of her now
Jun 10, 2020 12:58 PM

May 2020
This episode went fast for me. It was hard to watch when Anjou was about to get raped. I felt a lot relief when Yukiatsu showed up and saved her. That made me like him a little more. Although, I still think he is kind of weird. And I felt bad for Poppo when he was calling for Menma!! And then when Menma started crying I felt even more sad!!!
Jul 2, 2020 4:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I guess that pink flower on the drawing of Menma Tsurumi made makes sense now—it's probably Yukiatsu's pink hair clip. I hope that proves that Jinta can see Menma with that message he passed on to Yukiatsu. Also Tsurumi probably likes Yukiatsu.
Speaking of proving that Menma's there, can't Poppo see her tears fall to the floor? Or maybe whenever she's holding something?

At least thank goodness things didn't end badly with Anaru. Seriously just ditch those "friends" of yours already.

Also I just remembered that the character designer for this show later worked on Your Name and Weathering With You. I'm starting to notice that style... Cool to see they're still getting work at least.
Fario-PJul 2, 2020 5:00 PM
Jan 13, 2021 1:37 PM

Jan 2020
menma's crying ><
many confessions @-@

for me its gotta be yadomi x menma though <3
still can't get why picking up a cup can't prove menma's existence.

3099Jan 13, 2021 5:27 PM
Jan 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
So Yukiatsu liked Menma... I guess out of everyone, Yukiatsu is the first to wonder based on proof whether Jinta actually can see Menma, because of the hairpin which I guess no one else knew (except Tsuruko, apparently).

Damn, it pissed me off to see that dude try and pressure Anaru to go with him to the hotel. Thank goodness for Yukiatsu.

I still can't figure out Yukiatsu, but his image in my head has changed significantly. Before, he had this ikemen vibe, but now it just seems like he has a fragile sense of self and can collapse at any moment.

That last scene was sad. Poppo's constant attempts to try and contact Menma only made Menma feel worse, not being able to be seen and to communicate with the others...

Gotta say again though, the ED is damn fine. I love especially the moment where all the sound just goes away, before dropping. It's amazing.
Mar 15, 2021 12:49 AM

Apr 2017
Menma, you do know you can communicate through writing as well, right?
cunnysseur
May 9, 2021 7:05 AM

Dec 2020
yukiatsu cross dresses a lot, not just at that time because he feels at ease when he dresses up as menma. pretty sad. he also saved anjou, she admitted to being a virgin which is ...... ? normal ? isnt she like 15 lmao
Dec 19, 2021 9:21 PM

Mar 2021
why can't menma just move something to show that she is there. Poppo look really desperate at that last scene probably because he feels bad idk
🐐

Jun 14, 2022 6:16 PM
Apr 2022
The only thing I liked in this episode is that they know one piece
Jul 3, 2022 5:31 PM

Jun 2020
The ending was a little sad, but I don't get why the MC won't just tell Menma to cook in front of her friends? Also, I'm pretty sure her wish is for everyone to get rid of any regrets they had about her
Jul 18, 2022 2:05 AM
Jan 2020
This is so fucking melodramatic
RonninnJul 18, 2022 4:36 AM
Aug 7, 2022 3:58 PM

Dec 2007
i'm feeling the more this continues, the more the episodes keeping being impactful. though i think the end with popo with bit over dramatic.

strange how they didn't called yukiatsu psychopath or something lol. well, everybody here most have his own skeleton in the closet.
Aug 10, 2022 9:13 PM

Apr 2019
nooo i feel so bad at the last scene ç_ç menma for fucks sake pick up a chopstick or something to show that youre there omfgggggggggggggggggggg

yukiatsu being there in time? when he had left the seat when he saw anjou? hmmmm... perfect timing and its great that he was there but hes still strange af
Aug 14, 2022 3:09 PM
Aug 2022
Little bit boring.
Oct 28, 2023 12:18 PM
Nov 2017
It was a slow downer
Apr 22, 6:03 AM

Apr 2024
Another cool episode. Some weird dude tries grabbing on Anaru and Yukiatsu comes to the rescue. We get another scene of a character trying to interact with Menma even though they can't see her. I hope she's able to make her presence known.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.