Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 19, 2015 3:59 AM

Sep 2013
what the hell? what is happening -__-
the only thing i understand is hiyori x yato LOL
but oh well, these anime-original scenes are good too
Dec 19, 2015 4:18 AM
Dec 2014
The animation seemed particularly poor quality this episode. Normally it's pretty good, but there were lots of frozen frames and poor character representation too. Daikoku looked terrible in several shots and Aiha had a really messed up chin at one point.

They seem to be wrapping up the story close enough to the manga ending that it shouldn't mess up any future seasons at least.

I actually feel really sad for Izanami. :(

Hiyori calling Yato's real name is one of my favourite moments.
Dec 19, 2015 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
So, since Hiyori couldn't find any info on Yato when she was researching the gods previously, i wonder what she'll find if she looks now under Yato's real name. He seems to be hinting that he's done some pretty bad shit in the past, i hope they elaborate on that.

And Bishamon is so deadly and sexy, i wish i was her regalia. Not even an important one, just one that transformed into a broom or something that she could sweep out her room with. Or even better, a bath towel.
Dec 19, 2015 5:10 AM

Mar 2013
I haven't been blue-balled on a 2nd last episode like this for quiet some time, last time was Eureka Seven and Code Geass actually but I watched the final episode straight after unlike this where I'm in suspense for a whole 7 days. Gotta say this has been the only episode this whole season where I felt emotions, 11 episodes to late for me but hey least the ending will probably kick S1 ass
Dec 19, 2015 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
The heaven punisher thing really reminded of Heaven soldiers, Sky soldiers or w.e from like old fantasy shows, the cloud-like entity there were on along with the war drums.

How the ancient art was broken like that felt quite underwhelming though it was cool enough by the end.

Everyone in the cast has been quite awesome these past few episodes in a more "epicy" way.
Dec 19, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2012
People who read the manga need to chill a bit. Anime and manga are different things for example with manga you can read it in different pace it really depends on how fast you read it while in anime the pacing depends on the director and the writers of the episode you can't speed up the pacing like you can do in manga. And if you hate changes in the anime then just don't watch it and go read the manga if you like it more.
Dec 19, 2015 6:01 AM

Jan 2015
You know that shit just got real when Kazuma is loosening his tie^^

Very well animated and epic episode. Everyone was kinda awesome in this. And the feels.
Dec 19, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode I suppose. Hiyori magically knew Yato's name because the plot demanded it. Haven't read the manga so not sure how much it diverged from it. Welp, last episode next week. Let's see how it goes.
Dec 19, 2015 6:09 AM

Jan 2015
Harrymanhunter said:
Decent episode I suppose. Hiyori magically knew Yato's name because the plot demanded it. Haven't read the manga so not sure how much it diverged from it. Welp, last episode next week. Let's see how it goes.

Actually she didn't magically know the name, although it wasn't yet explained how she knew it (read spoiler if you wanna know)

Edit: I see a number of people already explained that on the first page.
BVerfGDec 19, 2015 6:13 AM
Dec 19, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2009
Damn that cliffhanger, always ending when its getting good!
Dec 19, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2009
rsc-pl said:
Tamiyi said:

Not this, that's for sure.

So you are talking about art? Well art is great too, anyway still frames are bad for rating art and animation.
Ps, there is nothing wrong with this screen, of course it is not a masterpiece, but this scene took around 3 second, so, ekhm...
Noragami is one of the best looking series from this season or even year.
Only one series looks better in this season, Owari no Seraph (this is masterpiece If it comes to art and animation in general)

Art is just a facet of animation itself; you can't have good animation with bad art, it doesn't work that way. If multiple frames in a sequence are drawn poorly, the animation will look awful no matter how "fluid" it is. There were so many instances of off-model characters with terrible proportions, the frame I posted here is just an example of one. If you can't tell what's wrong with the frame I posted you must not have a very firm grasp on proportions...

Owari no Seraph does have good animation though.
TamiyiDec 19, 2015 8:47 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Damn this was INTENSE from the very start!

That Cliffhanger tho... Ebisu is about to be obliterated.
Dec 19, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Finally get to see one of my favorite parts of the manga come to life <3

Yaboku~
Dec 19, 2015 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
Rip Ebisu..
This was a well done episode. It even have me feels T ~ T
Dec 19, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2015
Am i the only one who feels bad for Hiiro (Nora)?
Dec 19, 2015 5:53 PM
May 2015
Oh man, they should have just let Ebisu die and then end this sequel already.
Dec 19, 2015 5:55 PM
Jun 2014
wait, how did Hiyori know Yato's true name? i think i've missed something
Dec 19, 2015 8:48 PM

Aug 2015
Yaboku!
YatoxHiyori moment, so sweet
what a cliffhanger (again).
Dec 19, 2015 11:49 PM

May 2015
aishalowndes said:
wait, how did Hiyori know Yato's true name? i think i've missed something
yato's name can also be read as his real name

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Dec 20, 2015 12:14 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode, as per usual from Noragami. Damn Hiyori's smart for figuring out Yato's real name like that. Did Hiiro really get left behind though? I read the manga, but I totally forgot. xD I hope not though, she seems to really care for Yato so it'll be kind of sad if she was just left there. But since she's an important character, I doubt it.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 20, 2015 12:17 AM

Dec 2014
"Yaboku!"

Nice.
Great job! Hiyori the impure. >:D

Finale next week. :)
Dec 20, 2015 12:54 AM

Jun 2013
*breathes heavily like a ravenous land whale*

Need final episode. Cliffhanger must die.
Dec 20, 2015 1:28 AM
Jun 2010
AllIsManga said:
Great episode, as per usual from Noragami. Damn Hiyori's smart for figuring out Yato's real name like that. Did Hiiro really get left behind though? I read the manga, but I totally forgot. xD I hope not though, she seems to really care for Yato so it'll be kind of sad if she was just left there. But since she's an important character, I doubt it.

I doubt she got left behind since Izanami said she's all alone again.
Dec 20, 2015 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
I loved the last episode, and you can clearly see the character developments of Bishamon and Yato. Still I thought we'll see more fight scenes of Yato+Yukine against the other Gods. That one scene where they save Ebisu was "too cliche", and even though Yukine is a blessed vessel he was overpowered. Can't wait to see the 13 episode and write my review. ( worldofanimegirl.blogspot.com )
Dec 20, 2015 5:15 AM
May 2015
Omg these few episodes was literally gold. The fights, the feels, and the ost. Hiyori knew yato's real name, that was surprising. Bishamon was incredible too. I want to know what's going to happen with Ebisu. 5/5
Dec 20, 2015 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
What happened to Hiiro ?
Dec 20, 2015 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
As wonderful as the previous episode. They managed to get him out from the underworld. Glad to see Kofuku in action. I wonder how much strong she is?!! I like her nonetheless.
And looks like Ebisu is a goner. Would like it if Yato summoned back Hiiro.
Dec 20, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Finaaaaaally we got rid of dat Noraaaaa >w< and we got a hiyori & yato moment >///<
Dec 20, 2015 3:41 PM
May 2012
ReallyCat said:
Am i the only one who feels bad for Hiiro (Nora)?

You'll take that back...seriously...
Dec 20, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
What an amazing episode! Everyone was trying so hard to save Yato from the Underworld but they eventually fold out that they actually don't know about Yato's real name. However, Hiyori was able to realise it was 'Yaboku' after remembering her writing down the characters for 'Yato'' on the little shrine that he made for her. That was such a emotional yet heart-warming moment. It also seems like Yato left Nora behind too, oh boy.

The executioners appeared and were prepared to public execute Ebisu and everyone else in the vicinity. Bishamon using Kazuma's true power as a blessed vessel was very awesome. Yukine was frustrated about Yato and told him how he truly felt which was nice to see. The whole scene with the pacification ring being activated was so intense. Yato was so badass when he stopped it with 'sekki'. However, there was still a person that activated another pacification ring below Ebisu. Then, the episode ends... Noragami cliffhangers are so bad oh my gawd. xD Can't wait for the final episode next week though.
5/5
Dec 20, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2010
Im a manga reader, so im confused with the order they're messed up

otherwise, a brilliant episode as always

can't wait for finale!

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 20, 2015 10:27 PM

Jun 2015
Yato's past must be really dark. Izanami has done nothing wrong she just wants some company. Yet they made her the bad guy here.
-MisT-Dec 20, 2015 10:30 PM
Dec 20, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
gosh hiyori and yato just need to make out

but in all seriousness, great great episode.
so sad next week is last episode :(((((
Dec 21, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2009
Thank you BONES for adding extra Yato x Hiyori scenes. Anyways, good episode.

Dec 21, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm guess im one of the few who thought it was mehh.. I mean how does she suddenly know his name for no reason? Why are the gods so easily beaten, well ok not entirely but their firet attack was pretty much nullified while they have a huge team..

And where did nora suddenly go? I mean he didnt leave her there as far as I know nor did he negate the contract or however you call it nor turned her back to her usual human form..
Or did I miss something, apparantly I did since so many ppl mention her being left behind..

And I felt a bit sorry for the underworld god somehow
Dec 21, 2015 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
Chloe-tsundere said:
Hmm guess im one of the few who thought it was mehh.. I mean how does she suddenly know his name for no reason? Why are the gods so easily beaten, well ok not entirely but their firet attack was pretty much nullified while they have a huge team..

And where did nora suddenly go? I mean he didnt leave her there as far as I know nor did he negate the contract or however you call it nor turned her back to her usual human form..
Or did I miss something, apparantly I did since so many ppl mention her being left behind..

And I felt a bit sorry for the underworld god somehow

*sighs* I know this actually pretty confusing, but it's already been explained various times on this thread...

Anyway, (this is taken from a TN in the manga) the kanji for boku (卜) looks practically identical to the katakana to (ト). Hiyori figured out that the character ト in his name could be read alternatively, and with nothing left to lose, she tried it.

maverick0999 said:
People who read the manga need to chill a bit. Anime and manga are different things for example with manga you can read it in different pace it really depends on how fast you read it while in anime the pacing depends on the director and the writers of the episode you can't speed up the pacing like you can do in manga. And if you hate changes in the anime then just don't watch it and go read the manga if you like it more.

I mean, we can say whatever we want. And I personally don't mind all of the changes. Just some were utterly unnecessary, and took away from things that could have been focused on more. I'm just a bit unsatisfied.

Added Yato x Hiyori is always welcome.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Dec 21, 2015 5:06 AM

Jun 2014
Bishamon is such a boss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 2015
[quote=Mormegil]
mira-nyan said:
thebrentinator24 said:
So Yato's real name is Yaboku, I wonder if we'll get an explanation soon as to how Hiyori figured that out (or maybe it'll come way later, idk).

It was literally 'show not tell'. She saw that Yato was super happy with the shrine she made for him and didn't say anything about how she wrote his name on the shrine. Meaning, even though Yato isn't his real name, she wrote it correctly. Since Japanese is a dumb and confusing language, words can be read different ways. So, in essence, what you can get from that is that Hiyori wrote 'Yato' on the shrine, but it can also be read as 'Yaboku'

Japanese language is dumb? Excuse me? Just because you don't know how Japanese language works you called it dumb? Talk about being an uncultured swine. So everything that you don't understand is dumb to you? Clearly you are the dumb one here. It's confusing because you don't study Nihongo, ass cake.
Dec 21, 2015 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
All action and little emotion, good action though.

Swear, I though this was the last episode.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Dec 22, 2015 8:13 AM

Mar 2008
damn.. yukine is such an awful crybaby character..
Dec 22, 2015 11:09 AM

Feb 2015
Romeo said:
damn.. yukine is such an awful crybaby character..

I feel like people often forget that Yukine is 14 years old and he's been given a huge responsibility. In fact, the authors intended for him to be 12 initially, and you can see that in how he's still immature. And you also have to remember that he has devoted himself to protecting Yato by training hard with Kazuma and, in return, Yato has lied to him, hidden things from him and "cheated" on him by going with Hiiro... It's only natural that he's upset, especially after hearing from Kugaha how Noras can be stronger than Blessed Vessels.

Not to mention that the anime totally made up that scene, as in the manga Yukine confronts Yato AFTER the arc, once everything is over and it's safe to talk.

Yukine is, next to Bishamon, the character that has evolved the most this season. And wait till you see him in Season 3, if it ever comes out.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Dec 22, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2009
vanella96 said:

(Is there a need to put this in spoiler tags, actually?)

However, one change I didn't like is that Ebisu was the one that figured out Yato's real name isn't 'Yato', since in the manga it was Hiyori who realised it after doing her god-related research and finding out that gods have multiple names. Thanks to that many anime viewers forget that Hiyori actually has more brains than most of the characters, which is why we are getting a lot of "How the hell did Hiyori figure it out just like that?" from anime-only viewers. Though honestly Hiyori's naivety also partly ruins her smarts.
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Dec 23, 2015 12:57 AM

Mar 2012
Something felt kinda off compared to the previous episodes. This scenario has probably just gotten dragged on for too long. That and it seems really iffy that these superior looking gods are all villainized so that they could get their asses kicked by the main cast...

Whip > Lighting dragon and Getsuga Tenshou Rend > God Nuke? -_-
Dec 24, 2015 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
That was intense ! Ebisu do not die please :/

I really want to know Yato's past, I hope a season 3 will come.
Dec 26, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2010
Ebisu... He's one of my favs, sigh...

I feel bad for Nora and Izanami too tbh. There must be some reason behind Izanami's sadness.
Dec 27, 2015 8:03 AM

Aug 2014
ahh an intense episode. bishamon was amazing as usual.

when yato called for sekki i thought he was going to kill ebisu to spare everyone else. ////
then i thought ebisu might actually live with the changes they made but he still died. ;n; i wish he died between bishamon's arms though (bc it was more dramatic although his face before the ring glowed was still p sad)
Dec 27, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
Holy fucking shit! This was too much intense as hell!
That cliffhanger though, Damn it, I need a TV Sequel for that!!
Anyway, I'll rate this show an 8 (or 9) score overall!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 28, 2015 1:31 AM

Jun 2013
I'm glad Hiyori didn't smack Yato off of her when he returned, that would've too much of an Anime cliche.

I don't know why but I felt bad for Izanami.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2015 2:43 AM

Jul 2009
Those damn gods, they didn't even want to listen Ebisu's reasons!
Happy Hiyori was able to call Yato back!
Dec 28, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
So Yato's real name is "Yaboku"
Heaven's punishers is such a dick!
Yato's rend is really damn jackass strong!
OK well is it farewell to Ebisu??!?
5/5.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why Noragami needs to come back now

PokefanPT - Apr 27

33 by annaana »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.