Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 1:28 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a heavy episode. After finding out that her mother is sick and has escaped from the hospital, Maya is asked by Hayami to perform in a play she has never rehearsed before. She does extremely well, to start. But, some jealous co-workers switch her script.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 12, 2011 4:46 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder why they don't realize that even if they aren't found out, getting terrible reviews on opening night could do massive damage to their careers, regardless of the reasons for the flop. at the very least, the other performances might be canceled and I doubt they can afford to lose all the money they would have made from them. Of course, if they are found out, they'll be blackballed permanently, utterly destroying their own dreams.
Apr 22, 2011 12:46 PM

Sep 2008
jacobpaige said:
I wonder why they don't realize that even if they aren't found out, getting terrible reviews on opening night could do massive damage to their careers, regardless of the reasons for the flop.

I was thinking this myself... Some people really can't think very far ahead. They're really too simple-minded...

Anyway, I think Tsukikage-sensei went too far, telling Maya that she's on "probation" from the stage. Clearly, Maya can still act, even though there were things on her mind. I dunno. It just didn't seem fair. I felt pretty bad for Maya throughout the episode... Hopefully she manages to get herself back together and everything.
Apr 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
jacobpaige said:
I wonder why they don't realize that even if they aren't found out, getting terrible reviews on opening night could do massive damage to their careers, regardless of the reasons for the flop.

So true. The things people do when they're blinded by hate and jealousy.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 9, 2017 5:19 AM
Aug 2014
merle_noir said:
Anyway, I think Tsukikage-sensei went too far, telling Maya that she's on "probation" from the stage. Clearly, Maya can still act, even though there were things on her mind. I dunno. It just didn't seem fair. I felt pretty bad for Maya throughout the episode... Hopefully she manages to get herself back together and everything.

Tsukikage always goes too far, not a fan of Hayami, but at least he is supportive of Maya while Tsukikage seems to only want Maya to grow her way.
Dec 3, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
In other words Tsukikage wants to kill her emotions for her satisfaction, what a dreadful woman.

Finally, Maya will act alongside Ayumi.

I wonder what will Maya do without lines, should be interesting.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2020 9:38 PM

Aug 2014
Tsukikage is a witch. A heartless creature with no one's well-being in mind but her own.

I may not like Hayami, but at least he has been consistently supportive of her career despite not having her in his troupe. Though at this point, Maya would be much better off in his care than Tsukikage.

I sincerely hope Maya's mother is okay. I'd like to see them interact again, preferably in a healthy manner.

Moving on with more cautious optimism.

Aug 12, 2020 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
"How dare you think about your mother who I purposely stopped from contacting you for several years, probation!"
I'm impressed by the depths of Tsukikage's madness and at this point I'm just waiting to see what crazy bullshit she does next, never change Captain Child Abuse.
Aug 27, 2021 3:51 AM

May 2015
Man the other actors are always so awful to her, and even her teachers and friends give her a whack every now and then. I guess it makes it more interesting.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.