Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 19, 2013 10:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tensaiga said:
Loli assassin. Talk about an enjoyment killer. I'll try to keep an open mind, but damn, this is one stereotype I abhor.

Hm yeah I agree with you here. I personally just don't want to see any younger characters in this anime. She will probably become helpful and maybe somewhat badass, but I don't like the idea of her being Reiji's partner...solely because I don't like seeing lolis. Hopefully I will like her later on otherwise this is going to be painful.
Jun 3, 2013 2:38 AM

Apr 2012
For some reason seeing Reiji and that loli together really reminds me of Leon the Professional.
Nov 3, 2013 12:05 AM
Nov 2013
I'm starting to wonder if Phantom can take on the whole organisation...

And the new recruit is kinda cute
Nov 30, 2013 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
RedgraverSoul said:
For some reason seeing Reiji and that loli together really reminds me of Leon the Professional.

Same here.
Jan 13, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
I think that this episode was better than the last one, because we now understood why he chosed to protect Cal.

It's pretty obvious that he bullshited about her talent and the possibility of becoming a Phantom. But he said that becuase it was the only way to protect her from Inferno without putting himself in hot water.

In my opinion, the reason that he protected Cal is because he have no real reason to live. The last reason that he had to live was to protect Elen, but she ''died''. So by by protecting, he have another reason to live, the reason he was searching for months.

In any ways, I don't think that she have the talent to become an assassin and like other people, I don't want to. But in the preview, he say that she's a genius. Maybe she can be like a strategist, or something like this. She seem really smart.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
minouneetzoe said:
It's pretty obvious that he bullshited about her talent and the possibility of becoming a Phantom. But he said that becuase it was the only way to protect her from Inferno without putting himself in hot water.

In my opinion, the reason that he protected Cal is because he have no real reason to live. The last reason that he had to live was to protect Elen, but she ''died''. So by by protecting, he have another reason to live, the reason he was searching for months.

In any ways, I don't think that she have the talent to become an assassin and like other people, I don't want to. But in the preview, he say that she's a genius. Maybe she can be like a strategist, or something like this. She seem really smart.

Yeah, I agree. I like your conclusions. It was pretty lame excuse and he knew it but it was the only one that would work. Should he give them the money they would kill her immediatelly (no witness=no problem). But turning her into assassin - practically choosing that life for her - I think that's one thing he will regret. Life-long suffering... Was it really better than her death?

Now I just wonder why she wasn't shot also and why they wasn't after money (but when you think about purpose of that assassination, it's purpose is pretty clear - to harm the Inferno - so I guess job's done well). And I guess Judy was killed by stray bullets and there is no need to kill civilians as long as they didn't see that female assassin.
Mar 29, 2014 6:03 PM

May 2012
Yes this is going to get quite good with Cal now as a sidekick! Let's see what's next.
May 9, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Hope Reiji isn't going to brainwash Cal. Though it doesn't seem like he needs to.
Jul 10, 2014 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
dam good episode
I think the girl knows more then she is setting out She may even have something to do with the shooters thats the reason she has the money well thats what i think any ways
loil fuck isaak he's a scrub anyways I'm sure he will die soon
So she turn the clock into a bomb i can assume ????
well onto the next ep this one was pretty good !!!
[/quote]
Aug 9, 2016 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
Oh dear now Reiji has become the teacher. How funny fate can be.
Mar 17, 2017 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Zwei apparently doesn't care who knows where he lives.
Jul 20, 2017 9:39 AM

May 2015
I'm got this feeling that at the end of this anime Reiji gonna die, and Loli will be new Phantom.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 6:09 PM

Aug 2014
SUPER MEH..I don't like the direction the show is going. I had no idea Elen would be killed off, or supposedly killed off and not make any appearances. I hope this show changes for the better because I am close to dropping it.
Apr 21, 2018 4:14 AM

May 2016
That was a pretty interesting outcome here we have, Cal is pretty talented as well.
Mar 12, 2023 6:19 AM

Dec 2022
Reiji's excuses for hiding Cal were hilarious. I'm amazed the murder-hungry Inferno let him off so easy.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

631 by _RushBee_ »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nayrael - Aug 13, 2009

272 by TankerNejla »»
Apr 29, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.