Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2009
Tell us a story. What's something that happened to you today, yesterday, last week, last year? Something that made you think, a little experience or event that made you smile or ponder.

For a friend
It was her birthday, I texted her the night before that i cant come to see her on her day, she doesn't even have the slightest idea on my lil plan. i went to her place early in the morning after she left for school, i talked to her mom and sister that i want to surprise her. I filled up her room with blue, silver and purple balloons. Some where on the ceiling some where on the floor. Confetti was on his bed and on top of it is a 4 months old shitzu puppy sleeping. She thought it was just a toy when she touched it, it just jump right to her... me, her mom and sis were laughing so hard seeing them playing already.

Now guys its your turn. Don't be shy, I've already shared mine ^_^
AezileJun 24, 2009 5:54 PM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2009 4:55 PM

Mar 2009
okay, I'll just share something, since you did too ^^

it's nothing that I did but that was done for me. it's about the best gift I ever got..... might be boring but well, it's a story :D:

I was in australia for half a year with a friend and after about two months I felt pretty homesick for the first time. it was shortly before christmas and on december 23 a parcel for me arrived. since I figured it was for christmas I waited until the next day to open it. (we open our christmas presents on the 24th in germany)

turned out a friend of mine had contacted some other friends of mine from all over germany (some of them she didn't even know... she just contacted pretty much everyone she remebered me telling her about via the internet) and they all got presents for me, wrote letters etc.
e.g.: 3 of my friends made a funny video for me where they make asses out of themselves, re-enacting a high school musical scene xD very funny. I'd give you the link since it's also on youtube but it's german so you wouldn't understand anyway.
there were other things as well... .books, pictures, cookies *-*, different stuff.

I was very touched. D':

okay... I'll tell you something funny next time, I promise lol
Jun 24, 2009 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm. Today?

[censorship!]

XD
KyuuALJun 25, 2009 1:53 AM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 25, 2009 1:32 AM

May 2009
And how did you feel about that?
Jun 25, 2009 1:41 AM

Nov 2007
Well me and my friends were camping and in the morning my friends boyfriend went down to the lake to wash his hands. After few seconds he came back screaming that a male swan attacked him. He asked me to help save him from the evil swan. Understand me it was a very bad morning. So I told him to take something and throw at them. He took the first thing he saw and well it was a packet of cookies. He tried to kill swans with cookies. Well this story became a legend and one of my friends whom I met just recently has told me it.

The male swan name is Angey. He's local.
Ultimately, there is a freedom to take the consequences (Terry Pratchett)

Jun 25, 2009 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
lol

swans are evil. when I was little my mum would always say "BE CAREFUL! they can break a grown man's arm!!" whenever swans were around.

being very young and thinking that a "grown man's arm" must be practically unbreakable, that scared me to death. even today I feel uneasy with swans around lol
Rocket_DiveJun 25, 2009 2:33 AM
Jun 26, 2009 1:48 PM

Mar 2009
Uhh so this is the little story corner?
I guess ill share a boring story of my life xD

So last year for our grade 9 graduation, the school decide to take all of us to a amusement park. It was fun, even though I ended up drooling all over myself when I went on the roller coaster.

So anywho's on our way back to the school my idiot of a friend ended up stuffing himself with burgers and god knows what else at the park, and was still eating burgers on the school bus. So after a couple of minutes he started to feel sick from all that eating, and the motion of the bus wasn't particularly helping either.
So later on, that idiot ends up throwing up on the bus and on my beloved leg (thank god I was wearing jeans xD ). The bus smelt like crap, and I had burger chunks all over my leg. So he ended up blaming me for throwing up, because I supposedly hit him in the gut when I was talking to my friends (he was siting in the row across from me). I dunno if he was telling the truth, since I dont remember hitting anything..But maybe I did without realizing it, I dunno.

So I had to go on the bus for 15 minutes with puke on my leg (no I didnt have any napkins, and I dont want to wipe it off my leg with my hands >.> ), while half of the entire grade 9 class were trying to stick their heads out of the bus windows.
Well in the end when we got to school I went to the washroom to get that stuff off my leg, and I had to bear a 2 hour trip going home on public transportation with slightly wet jeans on. Ohh the lovely memories~ xD
Jun 26, 2009 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
lol nice one xD 2 hours from school to your home? that's long oO

the washing stuff off in school reminds me of something... xD
in my last week of school we had something called a "motto week"... every day the whole graduation class would dress up to another theme.
one day was "bad hair day"...... so some of the students brought hair colour spray for those with short hair to use (I was clever... I used a wig. XD).

a friend of mine asked me if I could just spray his hair in multiple colours and of course I was game 8D when I was done it was a MASTERPIECE! .... well.... at least it was very colourfull and looked bad, to go along with the motto xD

when the day was over the friend wanted me to wash the stuff off so that he wouldn't have to go home with his hair all pink, black, yellow and blue. so we went to the ladies room (is that what you call it in schools? anyways) and tried to wash his hair over the sink.... with ice cold water and the useless soap they got in schools.... it took nearly one hour. at the end my hands were blue (frozen), his head hurt from the cold water and repeatedly bumping against the faucet (+ he got kicked in the ass repeatedly by various girls for being in the ladies room xD) and the skin on his head was still bright pink and yellow.... and because his hair was now wet you could see that VERY CLEARLY.

so he went home with wet hair, got sick for over a week and the skin on his head was still pink and yellow 2 weeks later 8D
Jun 26, 2009 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
Rocket_Dive said:
lol nice one xD 2 hours from school to your home? that's long oO

Yepp. During the middle of the school year I moved, and it took me 2 hours on public transportation to get to school. Me and my parents figured since im already halfway though the year, I just might as well finish it instead of transferring xD

Haha poor guy. Does using warm water make it worse or something? xD
Jun 26, 2009 2:35 PM

Mar 2009
... no warm water in our schools xD

ah.... yeah... no transferring. just finish the year there and then you're staying home anyway! XD
Jun 26, 2009 2:40 PM

Mar 2009
..No warm...water!?
How can that be? You dont get the luxury of washing your hands in warm water after you go to the toilet D:

And it wasnt that bad. I got used to leaving my house every morning at 6 in the morning. And even if I were tired, I would doze during English class occasionally getting erasers thrown at my head to wake me up 8D
Jun 26, 2009 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
nope. no warm water. well, in some schools i'm sure xD but all the schools I've been to... no warm water. so I guess that's how it's in most schools here.

I always had to leave early too. first lesson at 7:45.... too early xD
Jun 26, 2009 2:46 PM

Mar 2009
Well..not surprising. My old school didnt have warm water until a couple years ago..We also used to have showers, that must of been hell for some people xD

Im surprised you can get up that early. Dont you usually sleep really late?
Jun 26, 2009 2:55 PM

Mar 2009
oh, there is hot water for the showers, I believe. just .... no students here in germany shower at their school lol at least not unless it's a school that specializes in sport.
after gym class we go to classes all sweaty and yuck xD

now I sleep untilo 10 am oO when I went to school I had to get up early so of course I was used to it lol gonna start getting up early again, when university starts o.o but work doesn't start until 2:30 pm for me so why should I be up at 7am? xD
Jun 26, 2009 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
Something that happened in the last day for us in Middle School:

My whole grade went to the Bowling alley. A friend of mine won a bunch of stuffed toys and he just ripped open all the care bear heads since he was bored and he was not allowed to bowl. After some knockdowns, I got a idea. I have a another friend that is crazy about a girl that doesn't like him that much. And he's going to be sad since she's not going to the same High school as us. So I told my friend to give a ripped carebear to the girl, saying "The guy that likes you told me to give you this". So he went and did it. She went up to us, and she threw the ripped carebear at my friend saying, "Hmp!". And my friend was "Wha...? D:"

And a extra thing:

I won a random stuff animal and just kept it for no good reason. Then when we arrived to school, I gave it to my friend's cousin (some of you know about her) for no good reason. And the other day in class, my friend told me that she sleeps with it. D:
Jun 26, 2009 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
the one that always says hi to you?

she really likes you then huh xD

but that was very sweet of you :D
Jun 26, 2009 3:26 PM

Dec 2008
Rocket_Dive said:
the one that always says hi to you?

she really likes you then huh xD

but that was very sweet of you :D

The bad thing is that I'm going to start seeing her now when I start second year of High School D:
Jun 26, 2009 3:27 PM

Mar 2009
why is that bad oO just say hi when she says hi and all is good xD
Jun 26, 2009 3:31 PM

Dec 2008
Rocket_Dive said:

She tends to give me random hugs.
Jun 26, 2009 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
hugs are lovely o.o I like being hugged >_< well... if I know the person hugging me, that is lol

...........and hugging is a weird word, I just realized.
Jun 26, 2009 3:33 PM

Jan 2009
Prongs said:
Rocket_Dive said:

She tends to give me random hugs.
and then you're scared ? 0w0

lol :D A nice story btw... and what? ô.ô I'm starting second year of high school too.. hmmh.. mkay xD
Jun 26, 2009 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
Prongs said:
So I told my friend to give a ripped carebear to the girl, saying "The guy that likes you told me to give you this". So he went and did it. She went up to us, and she threw the ripped carebear at my friend saying, "Hmp!". And my friend was "Wha...? D:"

Whaaat? How harsh xD

Prongs said:
And a extra thing:

I won a random stuff animal and just kept it for no good reason. Then when we arrived to school, I gave it to my friend's cousin (some of you know about her) for no good reason. And the other day in class, my friend told me that she sleeps with it. D:

..I dont know her~
Anywho's how cute Prongsy, she must really like you then. xD
Jun 28, 2009 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
I3rawler said:
and what? ô.ô I'm starting second year of high school too.. hmmh.. mkay xD

american school system is different from the finnish one, I believe... or at least I hope. otherwise I don't know why you guys rocked PISA XD

uhm.... do I have something to tell you....

I nearly got run over by a bus yesterday.

that was fun, not. ^^;
Jun 28, 2009 7:44 AM

Nov 2007
Today i was at this market where people bring there old things that they don't need anymore so I was selling my old things and this guy comes to me and hugs talking like "Oh hello I couldn't recognize you your so different and what you did to your hair. I didn't new you lived in Vilnius." And so on... Finally I was able to say that I don't know him and that he must mistaken me for somebody else. He started apologizing and he became all red. He looked really funny. So he said he's sorry and ran somewhere and then I remembered that he's the guy I met at the festival last summer so I looked for him everywhere but couldn't find him. So now I'm embarrassed... a lot XD.

Jun 28, 2009 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
lol nice xD don't worry... it happens to the best of us XD

reminds me.... yesterday... after sleeping for, oh 12 hours, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked up and heard a male voice going "Happy birthday! How are you today?" ... I didn't know who was talking because a) I didn't recognise the number on the telephone screen and b) I didn't recognise the voice. the conversation kept going for a few minutes without me knowing who I was talking to... it went pretty much like this:

"err... thanks?"
"yeah... so... how are you now?"
"err... good?" (I was still trying to recognise the voice xD)
"... so.... did you get my parcel?"
"parcel....? what no... what parcel?"
"you know, your present"
"... sorry, who am I talking too?"
"... me?"
"who's "me"?"
"... chris?"
... I still didn't recognise him because the only chris I could think of was my best friend and I would have recognised his voice from the beginning... after like 20 seconds of silence I remembered another friend of mine who's name is chris - but he hates his name so he usually doesn't use it.
and of course
it was him

..... and that was the most confusing telephone call I ever had.
Jun 30, 2009 6:02 AM

May 2009
I know what it feels Rocket-sama @_@

I'm gonna share another part of my life today, haha ^_^

It was our Lunch break at College and I've been thinking if I'm going to eat my lunch today or not. I picked not to eat my lunch today and took a walk around the woods instead. After wandering around the woods, I saw a log like bench, I decided to take a seat on it. After 5 - 10 Mins listening to Dango Daikazuko and dozing off and looking up in the sky, I said something unusual:

It's quite suprising to me to say those words and I don't even know it's title.
I'm trying to remember where did i here this poem and why did i say it because whenever i felt to say a poem I always speak of Loveless from FFVII Crisis Core, if you dont know about it here's the poem.

....and it's still bugging my mind.
AezileJun 30, 2009 8:07 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jun 30, 2009 8:55 AM

Mar 2009
Aezile said:
After 5 - 10 Mins listening to Dango Daikazuko

-I would have killed myself. XD

well since you got internet you can easily find out the title, can't you :D

but sometimes stuff like that happens. I can recite poems as well and for some I don't know the title. I heard it somewhere sometime and it got stuck in my head.

and sometimes it's sheer panic that makes you remember such stuff. lol

like me in my final exam for german literature in school.

I was suddenly able to quote a whole chapter of "Faust" by Goethe and I didn't even know I could do that before this day. XD
Jun 30, 2009 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
I always remember song lyrics but I don't remember the melody or when and where I heard it

Jul 2, 2009 1:48 PM

Mar 2009
I know lots of people who can never remember the artists and the song names, even if they like the songs o_O
I remember song lyrics easily if I like them. or if they're really stupid. everything in between.... I forget
Jul 2, 2009 1:52 PM

Oct 2008
sintra said:
I always remember song lyrics but I don't remember the melody or when and where I heard it
I can usually find the song if I know even a couple of lyrics with Google. I can sometimes find the lyrics if I know the melody with songtapper.
Jul 2, 2009 1:54 PM

Mar 2009
what's songtapper oO;
Jul 2, 2009 1:58 PM

Oct 2008
http://www.bored.com/songtapper/

It's an amazing waste of time, but fun sometimes.

Jul 2, 2009 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
lol cool, didn't know about that site
Jul 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Oct 2008
olmecalmightyJul 4, 2009 2:09 PM
Jul 4, 2009 2:08 PM

Mar 2009
Jul 4, 2009 2:29 PM

Oct 2008
Jul 4, 2009 2:36 PM

Mar 2009
Jul 4, 2009 2:46 PM

Oct 2008
You know spoilers are my thing.
I finally went to the museum the other day with my brother, he kept on asking how much such and such a thing was, or how much it would cost to but everything, and that the stuff he saw in Italy was pretty much better. I think he liked it though. One funny thing though, just as he was saying how much he hates Jackson Pollock, we turned the corner to a Jackson Pollock.
Jul 4, 2009 2:52 PM

Mar 2009
wow. whenever I go to a museum with friends all the questions I get are "we gonna eat something after this?... hey what's this?.... wanna go to the next room?... I'm hungry, are you hungry?" ... except, no, one of my friends is always pretty interested. which is good. interested in the things inside the museum, not the food after the museum I mean :D

Have to admit that I've never heard of Jackson Pollock before but I think I can understand why your brother doesn't enjoy his artworks. Looks, ah, special.
Jul 6, 2009 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Food is always important in the museum, too. I think even when you are interested, I can always appreciate a nice food court, or going out to eat before or after. When I went out the other day, we hadn't eaten at all, before or after, and I was quite hungry, with that thought in the back of my mind throughout the day.

The thing about modern art, and modern artists is that they can be truly amazing to my aesthetic interests, particularly mixed media works, or nothing special. It incorporates such a broad collection of works, and some much better than others.
Jul 7, 2009 2:54 AM

Mar 2009
I'm somehow always feeling slightly hungry even right after a meal, so I'm used to ignoring that feeling for a longer period time :/

Modern art is a "love it or hate it" thing for me. Of course one could argue that that applies to all sorts of art but I have to say that modern art is the thing I heard a lot of people be the most passionate about - either in hating it or defending it because other people hate it so much. (Talking about certain artists etc. of course, not modern art in general, that'd be ridiculous.)
Jul 7, 2009 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
Hmmm....this experience was actually my 18th birthday present my all time favorite to ^^

A few years ago my mother and I found out about a wolf sanctuary that's about an hours drive from where I live. Well we've been there several times but I didn't get a chance to go into the enclosure with the wolves until my mother bought me a VIP Tour for my 18th birthday. There were about 4 wolves in this particular enclosure and the oldest one and also the dominant one in the enclosure came up to me first put his front paws on my shoulder and gave me a kiss. When he moved on to my mother I stood there thinking "Out of everyone that came in I was the first he went to." A few minutes later while mother and I were waiting for our short photo session with some of the other wolfs one of the younger wolfs came up and started to tug on my jacket I started laughing cause the wolf must have thought my jacket was a chew toy. On our way home that day I began to think about humans and their greed and hatefulness. These wolves may not have a chance in the wild because they've been around humans most of their life but just the simple joy that they gave me was enough to make me think about the joy wild wolves could give to people that cared enough to watch and learn not destroy.
Jul 8, 2009 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
wow that's awesome ^^ I always have kind of an ambivalent feeling when I'm in a zoo or wild park (I enjoy the latter more). even when I was a little kid it made me somehow sad to see animals in zoos.

but something funny I remember from visiting a wild park in australia.... I was walking around with a friend, looking down at a map (we were trying to figure out the best route) so we were walking up a hill and I was still looking down at the map and said "okay, we go this way there will be emus and kangoroos."
then I stopped walking, STILL looking at the map for some reason and when I found whatever I was looking for I looked up again and wanted to say something ... when suddenly........

an emu was standing right in front of me just looking. Seriously, had I taken 2 more steps I would have walked right into it lol... I didn't know they were walking around freely on that hill.
and I didn't know that they could get so effing huge T_T I'm nearly 6.1 tall so I was pretty freaked out to see that this thing was eye-to-eye with me. and they get even bigger >-<
Rocket_DiveJul 8, 2009 1:27 AM
Jul 8, 2009 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
A very short tale this makes me think of. I was ambushed by dozens of deer at a park in Canada.
Jul 8, 2009 1:28 AM

Aug 2008
My foot hurts. :(
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 8, 2009 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
I was once ambushed by a dozen sparrows in a park in latvia. good memories.
Jul 8, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
Rocket_Dive said:
Oh yes, the pidgins in Italy, they ambushed too.
Jul 8, 2009 1:47 AM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:
Rocket_Dive said:

Yes, I had that as well in Venice.
And got attacked by a camel, an octopus and a lion's mane jellyfish in Tunesia. (no, not on the same day. they weren't ganging up on me at the same time... that would have been weird.)
Animals are dangerous.
Jul 8, 2009 1:49 AM

Oct 2008
Rocket_Dive said:
olmecalmighty said:
Rocket_Dive said:

Yes, I had that as well in Venice.
And got attacked by a camel, an octopus and a lion's mane jellyfish in Tunesia. (no, not on the same day. they weren't ganging up on me at the same time... that would have been weird.)
Animals are dangerous.

And it kind of makes me think of Steve Irwin's ironic death, but I was scratched up by a stingray's tail while swimming.
Jul 8, 2009 1:56 AM

Mar 2009
that death actually shocked me because I remember always watching his show when I had time and saw it was on and thinking "he's gonna die a painful death one of these days. he'll either be bitten by a cobra in the middle of nowhere, fall over the edge of a cliff or get slaughtered by a hord of wild hamsters" but when he actually died while filming I felt somehow bad for always thinking something would happen to him and actually kinda waiting for it.
i've never seen a stingray in real life... and I don't think I want to lol
the crocodiles I saw swimming by on a beach in australia were enough xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Sticky: » Tell Us About You ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

olmecalmighty - Mar 21, 2009

2908 by mericat »»
Aug 15, 2014 3:57 PM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.