Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 24, 2019 4:55 AM
Jul 2019
I find the "you don't exist" thing kinda stupid. How can you doubt yourself? You're clearly alive. I don't know how Al fell for that. That's like taking a candy from a baby, it's so easy.
Oct 29, 2019 4:20 PM

Nov 2017
Y'know if I get married and have a kid(s), I know I'll be gassing 'em up just like Maes Hughes does his family lol.

This was a nice episode to clear the air since all the pandemonium from last episode. Ed's had something he wanted to get off his chest, but it's not an easy question to ask. Al eventually speaks what's been haunting his mind. He's usually the happier one so it's a downer to see him down (and he's just a kid even if his body is armor).

Winry is there for the brothers when things are broken (literally and figuratively). So she gets called by Ed for repairs and she tells Al what Ed was afraid to tell him.

Yeah, this episode is definitely one that gets a fella emotional lol
Nov 4, 2019 2:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very touching episode for the two brothers, Al knows that his memories are real
Mar 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2020
a touching episode. i like seeing al grappling with his existence (i think it would have worked well as a plot point over a few episodes but oh well), but it's so heartwarming to see how strong their bond is

also elicia is adorable!! i would totally hype her up like hughes. he's so cool.
May 3, 2020 8:04 AM

Nov 2018
Winry is not just a mechanist and repairer, she is also the soul repairer.Great characters, great emotional scenes.
I hate everyone equally
May 14, 2020 1:03 PM
Apr 2020
Did anybody else saw ed's and al's teacher behind Winry when she got at central,lol
Jun 24, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2020
insan3soldiern said:
Wow, the way this was handled was so much better than the original series. I thought the other series made Al's worries far to melodramatic and drawn out while this was handled very nicely, and maturely, by Ed and Winry. A great episode of bonding for the two brothers and nice development for Winry.

Great episode, all things considered. It's interesting how this series seems to be more comedic, yet somehow it comes off as more mature than the first series to me.

Totally agree. Al's little crisis seemed way out of proportion in the original FMA. Also liking the fact that Winry is the one nudging Al back on the right track.

kuroshiroi said:
Capellabun said:
I know most of us who have commented so far have seen the first series or have read the manga but I think everyone needs to keep in mind that there are people who watch this series and haven't seen/read either.

So, lighten up on the spoilers for the next episode.
People need to be banned. Not cool.

Seriously...over half of the 200 people who commented had some kind of spoiler about the next episode included. How is that OK? Even if it is just something like "get your tissues ready", it ruins the fun for new viewers because they already know that something sad is going to happen to one of the major characters. Use spoiler tags or keep your comments to the episode at hands, folks!
Aug 19, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2017
Cringe siblings fight, while would have been interesting, the way it originated in the first place was forced. Winry saved the episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 9, 2020 7:15 PM

Jul 2017
A brotherly quarrel overall indeed. I've had many dumb fights like that with my older brother but all resolved right after in the end. Winry was great this episode with getting through to Al with the obvious, although Al really is too gullible to fall for a trick like that immediately without witnessing first hand the amount that Ed also had to go through, especially when it comes to feeling guilt for everything that occurred with not only the mother but Al's body too.
Nov 15, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2020
I feel bad for Al but im also mad at him for not noticing what Ed has to go through
Jun 26, 2021 9:09 AM

Jun 2021
It's huges daughter elicia's birthday she is so cute and adorable.This episode is ridiculously Hilarious.

This episode is extremely emotional and depressing too..The Boys are having hard time to recover their bodies.But their Comrades Will encourage anytime..

Ishabalan subject has a crucial role in this anime.

Jul 23, 2021 6:41 PM

Apr 2020
Me halfway through this episode: “Oh its just filler”
Me at the end of the episode: “Oh god the feels”
Dec 8, 2021 10:31 AM
Nov 2020
After the fight ended Al says that he ask Winry to marry him "and she shot me down" he said, and Ed said he didn't know that, it's something that Al alone remembers proves that Al is not just a bunch of memories stuffed into an suit of armor.
Jan 21, 2022 4:47 AM
Nov 2021
Alphonse 😭😭😭😭
Feb 13, 2022 9:15 AM

Feb 2021
holy shit winry's an annoying bitch in this episode
Feb 13, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2021
Still had some good moments, even though I still don't understand why Al's letting that killer's words go to his head
Apr 30, 2022 3:14 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that was some sweet and emotional episode. A quarrel between brothers. But, I'm glad they made it up in the end.
May 5, 2022 2:10 PM
Apr 2022
Edward and Alphonse are hospitalized following the incident of the fifth laboratory. Ross slaps
Edward for being reckless, and asks him to trust adults more. Needing his automail repaired,
Edward calls for Winry to come to Central. When
Winry arrives at the train station, Alphonse still contemplates what Barry had told him. Hughes invites Winry over to his daughter Elicia's birthday party, where she laments that Edward and
Alphonse never tell her anything. Hughes tells her that men tend to hide things so as not to worry anyone. Alphonse then decides to confront
Edward about what he was afraid to tell him, asking if he was really an artificial soul. Edward storms off and Winry yells at Alphonse, telling him that Edward was terrified that Alphonse blamed him for getting him stuck in the armor.
The Elric brothers then have a fight, which Edward becomes the victor, and they both reminisce about their past fights, reaffirming their existence.
Meanwhile, Scar wakes up in the care of Ishvalan
May 10, 2022 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
good episode i love Alphonse he's such a sweetheart
Jul 13, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2019
Y'know FMAB might be close to being a 10/10 series but this episode was sooooo bad in my opinion. I hate angst episodes and this one was really slow and drawn out. I didn't care for Al's problems or Winry's subplot. The only good part of the episode was Scar's scene at the end, but that only lasted like 1 minute lol.
Sep 7, 2022 11:47 AM
Aug 2020
The plot thickens with every episode and now we got our first major death. I like how there are more mysteries and we also got more of Roy Mustang, which I was really excited for!
Oct 13, 2022 11:41 AM

Dec 2016
BeeBeeKay said:
insan3soldiern said:
Wow, the way this was handled was so much better than the original series. I thought the other series made Al's worries far to melodramatic and drawn out while this was handled very nicely, and maturely, by Ed and Winry. A great episode of bonding for the two brothers and nice development for Winry.

Great episode, all things considered. It's interesting how this series seems to be more comedic, yet somehow it comes off as more mature than the first series to me.

Totally agree. Al's little crisis seemed way out of proportion in the original FMA. Also liking the fact that Winry is the one nudging Al back on the right track.

Yes, this episode was so good, I'm very surprised! Al's worries were very annoying to watch in the original so I'm glad it was wrapped up quick here. That's one thing the quicker pace is useful for. And Winry is awesome here, way better than just "crying for the both of us" like she did in the old show. I can definitely understand why people like this show more.
Oct 15, 2022 2:11 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Jan 5, 2023 6:32 PM

Mar 2022
This episode definitely had some comedy and drama mixed in. Hughes was definitely the best part of the whole episode, those poor little boys are gonna have nightmares about that gun. XD 
Loved how they resolved Al's dilemma about whether or not he's real entirely, I'm really loving the brotherly bond more and more. Winry is continuing to be such a great character in this. I'm bracing myself for the next episode. 
Feb 4, 2023 4:55 PM
Dec 2020
this one hurt :'))) glad that al, ed, and winry's communication skills are getting better
May 2, 2023 7:47 AM
Apr 2023
It was amazing. It made me cry and it shows how important friendships are.
May 9, 2023 2:09 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
middle-aged man grabs ahold of young teenage girl and pulls her against her will to his place as she yells and begs for him to stop

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 9, 2023 6:28 AM
May 2023
wow, i think this might be one of my favourite anime episodes yet

the quarrel between ed and al felt so... real this episode. it perfectly highlights how sometimes something someone says without much thought can get stuck in our minds and cause us to overthink. of course i feel bad for ed given how he's trying to so hard to get al's body back, but i can also understand how al in a deteriorated state may cave in to those thoughts

it's hard to express into words, but this episode made me emotional

also, elicia is so adorable 😭
Jun 23, 2023 12:06 AM
Jun 2023
nice goood awesome fun spelendid awesome great good very berry
Jun 24, 2023 9:26 AM
Jun 2023
it was so bad i almost fell asleep so many times
Jul 26, 2023 11:16 AM
Nov 2021
Very symbolic episode. Deepening the brothers' relationship, in a very beautiful way, the participation of Winry and Hughes was also very important. And in general, a very beautiful episode.
Aug 30, 2023 11:20 AM
Jan 2022
The brotherly relational conflict and development between Al and Ed and in addition Winry was done wonderfully and it was kinda beautiful and the set up towards the end of the episode in regards to the ishvalens was super interesting
Jan 19, 12:33 PM
Jan 2024
What can I say? It was the bs Al questions from last episode. I liked the character development, but I still think that Al crises of existence is the most bs thing that has happened in the series so far. So 4/5.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
Today, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.