Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The test of courage situation becomes quite funny in this episode. Though about halfway through, I got an iffy feeling because they didn’t group Yasuna, Hazumu, and Tomari together from the get-go. It ended up working out about the same. The poetic nature of Ayuki’s butterfly metaphor even had more impact because of the way the director chose to show it. And the episode ended up not being just about Ayuki, but also about how Tomari and Yasuna are getting closer. I guess the TomariXYasunaXHazumu ending isn’t all that far-fetched anymore.
Sep 4, 2010 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Poetic butterflies and that stage - up and down, at least once every episode... blablabla... But I can´t help but like Ayuki, shes so sweet.

At first i liked Yasuna more in the triangel but now, i don´t know who i want to end up with Hazumu anymore, or if I really care... Instead, I´m rooting for the teacher and Hitoshi Sora as my favorite couple, it may be obvious and you can see the joke coming every time, but it really is a lot of fun to watch her chase him! :D
Feb 21, 2011 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
Ayuki is schizophrenic. Brilliant.
Feb 12, 2012 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
lol Ayuki is now officially asexual not schizophenic!

I think Tomari is the coolest girl in the plot.

There's something about this anime and the drawing that I like - I can't quite lay my finger on it.

Oh I'm going to miss them all when it ends - I already wish there were more episodes
Mar 7, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Ayuki loves 1 of this 2 girls, Tomari or Hazumu, i know the answer who, but i'm not gonna spoil it (cause it is only meant as a hint), that's why she dose not want to step on the stage, & decided just to watch, thats 1 of the reasons i consider Ayuki best char & nisest person in this anime, if my Favorite Characters list wold not be full i wold add her to
Oct 26, 2013 5:26 AM

Feb 2010
Before this episode, it seens Tomari is the one Ayuki likes, but...
Nov 30, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2011
I've really liked this anime at the beginning, but this episode was just a drag. Hazumu was pretty annoying, too... I hope it picks up again.
Feb 19, 2014 11:38 AM

May 2012
Nice test of courage episode and well also a nice focus shift for once, I do wonder what will happen next!
Aug 28, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2013
In the past episodes, every time Tomari gets all angsty, Ayuki's always around observing or giving her advice. So I'm like "I've seen enough yuri to know what's going on." But now...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 8, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, more about Ayuki episode.. And named nicely.. I had question myself, really.. What Ayuki herself wants.. And if she is fine with observing.. Well, we'll see.. ;P
Hm, so Ayuki won't really go to love scene, but rather would observe?.. Well, as long as she's content with that - why not?..
Hm.. Wonder, if Ayuki complimenting Yasuna is a bit random.. Well, both calling her beautiful, and complimenting her smartness.. Or if Ayuki is into Yasuna.. I mean, Ayuki really observes everyone.. So it's hard to say, who Ayuki likes herself, or what she wants..
In wonder, if anime will go harem route.. As who cares, really, if 3 girls are together.. But if they don't.. I wonder, if Ayuki will end up with one of girl.. And Hazumu with another.. Well, we'll see..
Well, I can feel you, Ayuki.. It's a common myth that you can't enjoy something without actually wanting to become one, or wanting more, or some stuff like that.. But that's not necessary how it works, it's a very common annoying myth.. Like, you want to become murderer by playing GTA?.. Surely not.. So why you can't just enjoy other things, without actually wanting to be in them?.. We're just happy observing our butterflies, why you push us to actually become one?..
Well, quite nice episode.. It's nice to see, for once, not pathologizing opinion on the observing.. Nice to see Ayuki being herself, and enjoying life the way she wants.. May more butterflies be with you, Ayuki..
Apr 20, 2021 11:20 AM
Jun 2016
Previous episodes depicted Ayuki as someone who just likes observing other people, even some of the characters point this out. But her dialogue with Yasuna implies she also like Hazumu? Well, I guess the next episodes might answer that!

Btw, the CGI butterfly metamorphosis at the beginning of the episode was really out of place, lol. Not that I'm complaining. I don't really mind seeing CGI in anime even if you could notice it unless if it's THAT bad and is constantly being used. But IDK, just thought it was kind of funny.
Mat2468xkApr 22, 2021 10:26 AM
Jan 22, 2022 5:48 AM

Feb 2020
Hazumu is such a cute scaredy-cat. x3

Ayuki just wants to observe other people.

That random CGI at the beginning of the episode looked pretty weird.
Sep 3, 2023 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
Ayuki doesn't appear to be interested in romance it seems. Perhaps she may change her mind someday, but that remains to be seen.

Tomari and Yasuna seem to be okay with "sharing" Hazumu. That seems a bit strange, but at least they've all maintained their friendships, which is impressive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

31 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 25, 4:26 PM

» lol wow

kisami - May 3, 2008

5 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:18 AM

» Hazumu - Transgender

Mimerio - Oct 27, 2015

7 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 7 Discussion

16 by Sword_0 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 11 Discussion

14 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.