Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 9:53 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here comes another Precure episode! Go Detective Megumi, go! Glad that Hime cheered up and Mao was saved. Megumi and Hime have also become closer friends~
Feb 8, 2014 11:03 PM
Jun 2011
so the precures appear before the opening is not in the season order since in this episode it was cure dream from yes 5 and yes 5 go go
Feb 8, 2014 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode ! It was great ! Didn't expect Blue to be a god. So we got to know why Fortune doesn't like Hime : she opened the Pandora Box (it's not called Pandora but it's obvious that this is where they got their inspiration from) and the villains came because of it !
The battles are great ! The friendship of Hime and Megumi is cute.
I'm looking forward the next episode. I want to know more about Seiji, he seems close to Megumi (I ship it) It's good to be able to enjoy Precure again !
Feb 9, 2014 1:42 AM

Sep 2012
Hahaha. The attack of Cure Lovely is kinda the same as Cure Sword last season, but a lot more impressive :p
Feb 9, 2014 3:25 AM

Jan 2008
Hey, Dream, no cheating, it's White's turn! Get out!

Awwww, they defeated him with the power of cooperation - Hime's "thank you" was just adorable. I loved the atmosphere when Queen Mirage was speaking, she feels dangerous (or crazy) alright. English names are deliciously ridiculous with dem Blue Skies and Deep Mirrors.
And yeah, Lovely's Heart Destruction is the beast (for a couple of seconds there I thought she's going "screw being good, imma destroy your heart, you jerk"...).
CiaraFeb 9, 2014 4:01 AM
Feb 9, 2014 3:34 AM

Oct 2011
ED looks good but I still hate it.
And Dream at the start, so far they are showing best Precure it seems ;)

As for episode itself...
I do hope they will give some flaws to Megumi soon, maybe she isn't perfect but it's quite close to Mana (compare with Nozomi for example, where right from the start it was clear she is a failure). At least she has priorities right - name and pose are important (btw did this series skipped part where girls are embarased of what they were saying during transformation?).
Hime is werid. I'm not sure if in good sense. At least she did improve at the end of episode - but I would like some emphasis put on part where she is shy, that might be cute.
I wonder how quickly they will forget about additional function of those clothes. Kind of similar to HeartCatch and fact that perfume (or whatever it was called) might be giving additional speed or something.

Transformation was nice, didn't drag as in previous episode - only this split screen wasn't pretty at all. Following fights were ok, at least they are fighting instead of just using magical attack and finishing the deal.

It was fine in the end, I'm not sure how it will go - has both very nice things but some rather worrying too.

PS. Ms. Shitataare and Ribbon have same VA, how sweet. Now I only need one more fairy voiced by same person as Kintolesky.
Dalek-bakaFeb 9, 2014 3:51 AM
Feb 9, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
well, thx for the blossom shower mk2 cure lovely.. u really are blossom mk2.
nice move from princess though, kinda like it
Feb 9, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
So far it's looking pretty good. Love how the villains are attacking the whole world AND succeeding, so much for the other baddies who couldn't even conquer a small town. Also that ojou-ish looking villain that will also appear in the next ep looks interesting and the militar dude is fairly unique for the franchise, sounds like we'll get some nice villains this time around. Blue still looks like Mikisugi, so someone needs to pick the slack! The Cures were nice, I loved all their interactions and the way they made up and stuff, and also the detective card is neat and I hope they use this gimmick more than twice.

The fight was great! They used attacks as attacks and not as finishers, they had variety, beating up grunts is always cool and the win went for PRINCESS, so far we got two kills and NEITHER for the Pink Cure, this is like a record! Plus it made sense too, I'm happy she cheered up!

The only flaw is Dream, but I covered that in its respective post so won't repeat. Still, so far this season is looking awesome! It better stick.
Feb 9, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
I almost believed we would have a group transformation for a second there. Maybe someday it will happen again.
Feb 9, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
CURE DREAM

Good episode! Hime's inner struggle was well-grounded, and the whole thing including the conflict resolution was well-executed. Comedy was also maintained despite the more serious mood in this episode compared to the more carefree, happier first episode, which I liked.

DETECTIVE MEGUMI. YES.
Feb 9, 2014 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
Belindartine said:
I loved this episode ! It was great ! Didn't expect Blue to be a god. So we got to know why Fortune doesn't like Hime : she opened the Pandora Box (it's not called Pandora but it's obvious that this is where they got their inspiration from) and the villains came because of it !
!

Did they say Hime opened the box? I thought it was just mentioned that it was opened. I may have missed that part.
Feb 10, 2014 3:01 AM

Feb 2011
The detective outfit is super cute!

Hm, Hime wasn't as fun as she was in the previous episode, bit of a downer :/

I hope we'll get to see Cure Honey soon.
Feb 10, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
GarLogan78 said:

Did they say Hime opened the box? I thought it was just mentioned that it was opened. I may have missed that part.

Nope, but you kinda can get that impression from her reaction. Still - it's just a guess, we'll see if that's true.
Feb 10, 2014 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
GarLogan78 said:

No, but I think it's her because Forture has something against her (she yelled "it's all your fault"). Moreover, Hime looked ashamed when Blue talked about the box.
Feb 10, 2014 12:19 PM
Feb 2014
So far this season has been much better then Doki Doki.
Feb 13, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
Bubble-Pop said:

Well, it was difficult to make it worse.
Feb 13, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
Bubble-Pop said:

Not that I disagree, but I didn't think DokiDoki was THAT bad two episodes in.
Feb 16, 2014 4:20 PM

Sep 2012
Ciara said:
Hey, Dream, no cheating, it's White's turn! Get out!

lol... While I did like White a lot I don't mind the appearances being random. I don't know Dream though. She seemed a fine character though.

Their combine transformation and poses were great. Even though Megumi... was still being a bit "more perfect" than Hime this episode. Cure Lovely attacks were awesome though and Cure Princess are well...lame. (Odd since Hime had better poses). I thought the 1st attack was lame. The 2nd one is worse...

Hime probably did open the box the way she is. This story also seems similar to Pandora's Box. (Well even though others have mentioned it)
RPGX_OmegaFeb 16, 2014 4:25 PM
Feb 17, 2014 12:15 PM
Feb 2013
Arlia said:
Bubble-Pop said:

Why do you think that? Dokidoki was awesome. Its only significant flaw was pacing problems in a few parts, like how Regina left for so long in the middle of the season. I also don't think that this season is that great so far. While things could improve, it's definitely worse than Dokidoki, Smile, and Heartcatch right now.
Feb 17, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
nagatoyuki108 said:
Arlia said:
Bubble-Pop said:

Why do you think that?

Mana Sue's insane bias, fights becoming nothing but combination spam, poor pacing and plot for a season that sold itself in that, too many episodes focused on the Cures but little character development, laughable final arc and Mana Sue bias again because it was that bad.

Also it's definitely not worse than Smile. Smile's five first episodes were all five episodes 1 introducing the token new girl and telling us all the characterization they would have for the entire show, while coming with more and more ridiculous excuses to ensure the new girl got to show off. It managed to do this a lot worse than Yes despite being made half a decade later.
Feb 17, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
nagatoyuki108 said:
Its only significant flaw was pacing problems in a few parts, like how Regina left for so long in the middle of the season.

I'd say that this was actually one of not-so-many things that made sense and were done right in DokiDoki regarding the story.
Other than that - everybody has its own cup of tea. Personally I really like the direction HaCha is going, altough I would give the show couple more episodes before saying if its worse than other series. It's still making its baby steps, world building, introducing characters, that kind of stuff. Everything can still change.
Feb 17, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting Precure series so far oddly enough after DokiDoki precure, im still looking for Megumi to have some sort of flaw, but other wise, I think I am liking this better than DokiDoki
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 7:14 AM

Apr 2010
Dalek-baka said:

PS. Ms. Shitataare and Ribbon have same VA, how sweet. Now I only need one more fairy voiced by same person as Kintolesky.

A Kintolesky fairy would be one of the best things ever.

Also, I'm kinda sad they skipped Splash Star and went straight to Yes! Precure 5. I really wanted to see Bloom and Egret (Although since they haven't shown White, I probably wouldn't have gotten to see Egret).

As for the episode, I like the fact that they are actually building a friendship between the two and it's not just magically there like in some seasons. And the ending is growing on me. There are parts I like and some parts that are eh, but it seems that it will grow on my by the time they change it.
Apr 22, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2009
Great Episode!

Though i haven't seen a tactic of running away in a middle of battle since JoJo XD

Megumi Detective!!! The change of dress and gaining powers reminds of Dresspheres from Final Fantasy X-2 which they took from various magician girl shows.

I think Namakeruda gave them too much leeway. If he was really serious the girls would have been big trouble.

While the friendship bonds and love love stuff is kinda cheesy, it's still goes pretty well for the show's main theme.

Though the more i see the ED, the more i asked why the hell did they used CGI models instead of sticking to 2D art :\

I mean, it really looks weird and breaks the immersion of the show tbh.

Really loved it!!! Can't wait for more Happiness Charge Precure!!
Apr 28, 2014 6:46 PM

Jun 2011
I'm happy that this season seems like its going to treat the other backup cures much more fairly this time. Doki Doki was by far the worse Precure season, seeing as how Mana was like practically God while the other precures just seemed to pretty much depend on her throughout the entire series. I love how Hime was the first Precure to actually show up and not Megumi, usually its the pink cure that comes out first. I also like how she was one who did the finishing move. :)
Jan 13, 2019 6:04 PM

Jul 2015
Really nice start for the series so far! This episode gave us more Lovely/Princess interactions, I can understand how Hime must feel with her fear towards the Terribads and how awful she it has to be every failure to defeat them, Megumi was exactly what she needed to make a push forward and fight for her first win.

So they are getting cards that give powers as reward for the victories? We saw a nice detective one this episode, I hope this gets used a lot for the variety it can add.
Jun 15, 2021 7:21 AM
Feb 2018
Did they just... use doki doki's fight music? Is this common in precure? To reuse music previous season when its not even a continuation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.