Apr 2007
Tendragroden said:
darksideclown said:
Pineappledishes said:
xxtakeshixx said:
Neverender said:
Isaristh said:
Please elaborate. >_>

Because I personally thought it was the worst anime I ever saw.

you haven't saw many animes then

Apparently you haven't saw many grammar, either. -_-

You're an idiot.

I love it when someone tries to be a smartass and ends up screwing up. Usually it's them misspelling 'grammar' as 'grammer', but this is even funnier because they messed up the grammar in the sentence. 7/10 for unintentional comedy. :)

I dont really think you got it either. Neverender did it on purpose since the first post wrote saw instead of seen. Takeshi thought Neverender wrote saw because he sucks at grammar. This is why I said takeshi is an idiot. D:

Hopefully I'm not the one to misunderstand. That wouldn't look too good.

lmfao @ this shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 4:06 AM
Mar 2008
Air has probably the best soundtrack I've ever listened in an anime.
I mean, listen at the ED. It's awesome. And "Natsukage" makes me cry everytime I listen it.
The anime is indeed too short, if it had 20+ episodes it could have been much better, but it's still a great tearjerking story. For me, it doesn't reach the level of After Story, but it's still awesome.
And I don't find anything wrong with the chara design. It's not at the level of clannad, but it's still eyecandy to see.
Aug 14, 2009 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
I thought this was OKAY. It didn't make me cry or anything. Honestly, I think it should have been longer. I didn't get attatched to any of the characters. What I did think was cool was the two episodes with Kanna, Ryuuya and the other chick (forgot her name) back in fuedal japan or whatever; seeing the doll being made, how Ryuuya got his battle scar (i totally freaked when Yukito randomly gets owned in the house), etc.

What else I liked about this was the intro. It seemed to flow into the OP sequence very smoothly, and the music was great.

And I watched Clannad before this, and I know Air was first, but what Air needed was to be longer. Clannad gave me so much time to be attatched to each character and -

CLANNAD SPOILER

Anyways, the characters in Air were cute and enjoyable, and the story was interesting. I just honestly didn't get the crow that much. I understand what happens and why...its just...why a crow? lol.

So...I guess this was more of a review than anything.
But in conclusion, I have one thing to say...

GAO!
Aug 14, 2009 3:14 PM
Apr 2009
I rewatched the series and it made a lot more sense the second time around. It was also a lot sadder too.

About the crow. I think that a crow was used because,
1. It's a bird so it relates to the theme of the anime, and
2. A crow isn't really a popular bird. Let's say you have a bird-feeder in your yard. You'd probably want a bunch of colorful birds to eat from it rather than a bunch of gloomy-looking crows. In a way, Misuzu is like a crow because she's unwanted.
Aug 14, 2009 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
how can you love clannad and kanon but think this is absolute shit? they're all very similar.

this story didn't make very much sense, but neither did clannad and kanon. they're all pretentious bullshit, theres really no deep stuff, but they are all enjoyable nevertheless
Kyon97Aug 14, 2009 9:14 PM
Aug 15, 2009 7:21 AM

Jul 2009
With Air I have a love/hate relationship.

While I love the storyline, the art the characters and their personalities, I really loathe how the story was told and the way it ended.

There will be spoilers ahead for the manga, movie and anime, so if you don't want to know, don't read

BRCAug 22, 2009 3:41 AM
Aug 15, 2009 8:26 PM

Mar 2009
i watched a few episodes... half the time its the chars just staring off to the distance with bulging eyes and are depressed, then its like some scenic shot with 2 chars staring at each other, but nothing happens

then i start gouging my eyes
Aug 22, 2009 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
DarkDancerFaerie said:
With Air I have a love/hate relationship.

While I love the storyline, the art the characters and their personalities, I really loathe how the story was told and the way it ended.

There will be spoilers ahead for the manga, movie and anime, so if you don't want to know, don't read

On the first point:

On the second point:

On the third point:

On the fourth point:

Air's one of the best anime I've ever seen :|
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 22, 2009 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
Splitter said:
Air's one of the best anime I've ever seen :|
End thread.
Aug 22, 2009 10:26 PM
Jan 2008
A lot of people think that Air should have been a longer series, but I honestly don't think it would have worked. Most of the episodes would have been just filler and would have served no purpose to the story. What would they have done in the extra episodes any way? There wasn't enough time to get to know the characters, but that was just it. Time. Brevity was the key to Air because it showed how short the time we spend with each other is.

Misuzu wanted time to grow closer to her mother, Kana wanted the same thing. Yukito wanted time to save the girl in the sky. Haruko wanted more time to live with her daughter, and even at the end it ties back to time, how they now have time to live and be happy.

We weren't supposed to get to know them on a "deep" level like with Clannad and Kanon because it was meant to show us how little time we have to get to know one another before we have to part.

I've noticed that every time I come back to this anime I find something new about it, which is another plus for Air.
Aug 26, 2009 5:02 PM
Jan 2009
Short answer:It didn't have a happy ending.
Long answer:It's better than Clannad
Aug 26, 2009 5:14 PM

Apr 2009
Asako said:
I found the story boring. The art is good, music and voicework is fine, production quality is above average. But the story just didn't appeal to me at all. Was the worst KeyAni series til Clannad AS. Kanon and Clannad are much better.

I'm probably a bit biased though, because I watched Kanon first, and was recommended Air by people telling me it's as good, and it will 'definitely make me cry' etc. But it wasn't as good. And it didn't make me cry. It just bored me. Probably heightened by the fact I was expecting it to be as good as Kanon, but was disappointed.

Personally i found clannad too be the weakest out of the 3.
I watched it about a year ago so i don't remember much though mostly because i stayed uninterested for most of the series.
Plan too rewatch.

But Air had to be my favorite out of the 3.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Aug 26, 2009 5:18 PM

Dec 2008
Holy crap! @_@ I out of nowhere found this thread in my e-mail after months, I had no idea it was a whole 4 pages long.

Well let me elaborate on why I didn't like Air in more serious and professional explanation. To me the story was actually ok, at least up until the final episodes. I thought it had a lot of potential, and even when we went flashback to feudal Japan I actually was still thinking this story is going somewhere good.

Yet then the whole crow thing came in, and from that point forward I was going "wtf!" the whole way through. I didn't care that the ending was sad, what I cared about was the way they ended it:

"So the girl dies and the reincarnation crow of the guy flies off into the sky to look for her again."

I could only ask myself where the hell this went.

The story? Lot's of great potential.

The way they ended it? Huge wtf moment.

I'm not saying that the anime wasn't good, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love Clannad and think it's the ultimate masterpiece of all the anime I've watched, yet there are people that think it was utter crap. Same thing as me disliking Air and people loving it. So please don't think I'm trying to say something like "How can you like it? You have bad tastes!" (in fact it's why I asked you guys to elaborate ^_^).
Aug 26, 2009 5:35 PM

Jul 2008
Note that 90% of the people don't truly understand the story.
I'm not saying that you woud automatically like it if you understand it but if your main argument is because you did not understand it I recommend you to give a second try to the show.
Aug 26, 2009 6:15 PM

Jul 2007
Isaristh said:
Holy crap! @_@ I out of nowhere found this thread in my e-mail after months, I had no idea it was a whole 4 pages long.

Well let me elaborate on why I didn't like Air in more serious and professional explanation. To me the story was actually ok, at least up until the final episodes. I thought it had a lot of potential, and even when we went flashback to feudal Japan I actually was still thinking this story is going somewhere good.

Yet then the whole crow thing came in, and from that point forward I was going "wtf!" the whole way through. I didn't care that the ending was sad, what I cared about was the way they ended it:

"So the girl dies and the reincarnation crow of the guy flies off into the sky to look for her again."

I could only ask myself where the hell this went.

The story? Lot's of great potential.

The way they ended it? Huge wtf moment.

No worse than SUPAA MIRAKURU TIME TRAVEL or waiting 10 years for a headband :|

Also, he wasn't going to look for her again. He was going straight to Kanna at the end. I thought that was pretty obvious now that he could fly.
Aug 27, 2009 3:58 AM

Nov 2008
Isaristh said:
So a fox transform into a cutie without any reason and that doesn't disturb you?
Maybe Yukito should have transformed into a cutie that would have fit more your tastes.
Aug 27, 2009 6:39 AM

Dec 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
So a fox transform into a cutie without any reason and that doesn't disturb you?
Maybe Yukito should have transformed into a cutie that would have fit more your tastes.

Excuse me?
Aug 27, 2009 3:28 PM
Apr 2009
maxime1007 said:
Note that 90% of the people don't truly understand the story.
I'm not saying that you woud automatically like it if you understand it but if your main argument is because you did not understand it I recommend you to give a second try to the show.

Exactly. Just re-watch it. Plain and simple. I watched it once and didn't enjoy it much, but I re-watched it, understood a lot more of the story, and enjoyed it a lot more.
Aug 27, 2009 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
To the OP *musical notes*

Lay beside me, under wicked sky
Through black of day, dark of night, we share this pair of lives
The door cracks open, but there's no sun shining through
Black heart scarring darker still, but there's no sun shining through
No, there's no sun shining through
No, there's no sun shining

Edit: At the guy above me. I agree. A lot of my favorite shows I gave up on and then gave it a second shot. It's almost a requirement actually. Someday I might even work up the courage to try once more that pure unleaded nightmare fuel known as Haruhi.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Aug 28, 2009 4:59 AM

Nov 2008
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

Excuse me?
Kanon 2006.
Aug 28, 2009 11:45 AM
Apr 2009
"Air TV" was an extravagantly touching and well-thought out anime. I mean, you have to feel sorry for Misuzu being alone without a real mother, AND reliving an ancient's curse of dreaming in a sequence that shows you will die. And after all Haruko did to make up for it... Misuzu loses her memory.

Ya know, alot of anime shows about school students focus on why they don't like it and manipulate their traits into making something out of the blue.
(ex. Zatch Bell: Kiyo Takamine is disliked because of how overly smart he is. And then fighting doll-like creatures come alot and shoot magic out of their mouths...)
But in AIR, the show focuses on the other characters' problems, and THEN they focus on her fate. Then they randomly flashback to the origins of some of the characters' ancestors.
So it's really a good anime if you take all the traits into account... =)
But Isaristh has a point about the crow transformation... that was really really unexpected...
Aug 28, 2009 11:53 AM

Dec 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

Excuse me?
Kanon 2006.

So you're trying to insult me based on what anime I've watched?
Aug 28, 2009 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

Excuse me?
Kanon 2006.

That's uh...kind of the modus operandi of most people around here....Ewwwwwww, Spice and Wolf?
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Aug 28, 2009 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

Excuse me?
Kanon 2006.

Did you read my post?
Seriously?
Aug 28, 2009 12:30 PM

Dec 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

Excuse me?
Kanon 2006.

Did you read my post?
Seriously?

"So a fox transform into a cutie without any reason and that doesn't disturb you?
Maybe Yukito should have transformed into a cutie that would have fit more your tastes."

Seems like you're trying to insult me there.
Aug 28, 2009 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
Isaristh said:

"So a fox transform into a cutie without any reason and that doesn't disturb you?
Maybe Yukito should have transformed into a cutie that would have fit more your tastes."

No.
I don't see the insult.
Aug 28, 2009 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:
Isaristh said:

No.
I don't see the insult.

Whatever. >_>

Regardless, I could care less. At least Makoto had a story behind it and was explained.

No one tells you why the hell Yukito turned into a crow.
Aug 28, 2009 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
And no one tells you why the hell

Both have a stories and a reason, where's the difference?
Aug 29, 2009 5:41 PM

Feb 2009
It is not better than clannad in my opinion because of strange plot bad danm good anime. Not many stories makes showing up tears from my eyes...
Sep 2, 2009 10:09 PM

Aug 2009
Hmmmm, I didn't fully understand the story my first time watching it, but I still thought it was a damn good anime. It's one of my favorites!
Sep 8, 2009 4:47 AM
May 2009
Just Hated the fact that Misuzu died =[
and Yukito was gone after there were 4 episodes left in the series >.<
<3 Haruhi and Konata =D
Sep 16, 2009 12:22 AM
Apr 2009
It'd be crazy if every single person who didn't like an anime made a thread about it just like you.
Sep 16, 2009 4:30 AM

Dec 2008
Bladecatcher said:
It'd be crazy if every single person who didn't like an anime made a thread about it just like you.

It would be crazier if I didn't ask for the opinions of those who liked it wouldn't it?
Sep 16, 2009 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
This anime made me cry...t_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2009 12:20 PM
Nov 2008
LOL. Both would be crazy.

The anime didn't make me cry but I loved it anyway *O* Am planning to rewatch it... and then maybe I can actually UNDERSTAND everything that goes on in it...lol
Sep 27, 2009 11:22 AM

Dec 2008
why do i love air? that question would take pages apon pages for everyone here to type. in short i will give just one reason.

Its better then all that other shit out there.
Fur Sure
Oct 8, 2009 11:25 PM
Apr 2008
The Flashback arc was cool, and was definitely my favorite part of the show. It managed to support itself well enough. But.......that last scene where Misuzu's mom started babbling on about a bunch of crap and told the bird to fly for eternity (or whatever happened its been a while) that ruined the entire show and was totally LAME! I held great affection for this show but then she just kept talking for no reason >.> as she went on my heartbeat slowed and a scowl formed on my face. Does anybody find that part endearing or inspired or necessary in any way!?!?!
Oct 9, 2009 12:44 AM

Jul 2007
Isaristh said:
Bladecatcher said:

It would be crazier if I didn't ask for the opinions of those who liked it wouldn't it?

Your thread is "I don't get why people "love" Air" and you don't expect the opinions of people who liked it?

maddrc16 said:
The Flashback arc was cool, and was definitely my favorite part of the show. It managed to support itself well enough. But.......that last scene where Misuzu's mom started babbling on about a bunch of crap and told the bird to fly for eternity (or whatever happened its been a while) that ruined the entire show and was totally LAME! I held great affection for this show but then she just kept talking for no reason >.> as she went on my heartbeat slowed and a scowl formed on my face. Does anybody find that part endearing or inspired or necessary in any way!?!?!

It was hammy, but I'm always still reeling from "Aozora" around that point in the series. More to the point, its a signifier of Haruko letting go of her past life, telling herself through the bird that she needs to move on now and can't have any part of her life with Misuzu with her any longer and

So while it is important, yes I agree it could have been done better than it was.
Oct 12, 2009 11:54 PM
Jun 2009
i think air is a pretty cool guy. eh lots of emotion and doesnt afraid of anything.
Oct 13, 2009 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
Really? I had some strange idea that everyone loved air xD

It's of my favorite anime. It has lots of emotion a great story but i got very depressed after I finished it. The art is very good as well.
Manga-Games-Music-Anime <3
credits to those who made them
Oct 21, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
it is so DEEP... really, really DEEP
“There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” George Sand
Dec 7, 2009 10:42 PM

Mar 2009
I guess I liked air but I just found myself bored while watching it half of the time. D:
I'm always into these kinds of anime and so I don't know why I didn't love it. I'll probally rewatch it to see if I like it any better the second time though ^^
Dec 11, 2009 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
Among the three Key x KyoAni works, I liked Air the least. I really don't know why. Maybe, just maybe, it was because I found the supporting cast to be really... flat. Funny thing is, I cried at Michiru's arc... What I mean is, the anime was too short and everything about them felt rushed. I watched it pretty while ago, after watching CLANNAD and Kanon, can't really remember exactly what I felt like then... Still, YES, the animation is AMAZING, and it's truly a beautiful anime. But it's not everyone's cup of tea. Maybe I should rewatch it, see if I will like it more. But lol, worst anime you've ever seen? Just... lol.
Dec 21, 2009 12:43 PM

Nov 2009
I didnt like it, sure I liked the first half but it was the second half that threw all credibility out of the window tbh.

Potato is the best thing in near enough any of Key's works tho.
Dec 21, 2009 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
SuperKyou said:
I didnt like it, sure I liked the first half but it was the second half that threw all credibility out of the window tbh.

Seeing as you prefer vignettes to encompassing narratives (Kanon and Clannad > After Story and Air), count me as not surprised.
Dec 22, 2009 9:15 PM

Jul 2007
Neverender said:
Isaristh said:
Please elaborate. >_>

Because I personally thought it was the worst anime I ever saw.

you haven't saw many animes then

I have seen a ton of anime's "look at my list" But i still thought air was horrible. I could not find my self getting attached to these characters.

Feb 9, 2010 5:10 PM

Dec 2007
link9us said:

I have seen a ton of anime's "look at my list" But i still thought air was horrible. I could not find my self getting attached to these characters.

Horrible? You gave it 8/10 according to your list and you have it in your profile's picture.

Feb 10, 2010 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
I don't see what not to like about it at the moment, really. Then again, only on episode 5 at the moment.

Puty said:
link9us said:

Horrible? You gave it 8/10 according to your list and you have it in your profile's picture.

Nigga b trollin.
Mar 4, 2010 9:01 PM

Dec 2009
I agree with OP, the show tried to do too much, as a result little character development beyond the obvious melodrama. As a result when I say the final episode I was laughing my ass off when....... The main chick, forgot her name, walked towards the mom; I thought it was like watching the special olympics. It's not like i dont like the super moe anime, i thought clannad AS was very gewd, but this just didn't seem to do anything except make things overly manufactured.

/rant
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Animatronix - Mar 27, 2008

197 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Aug 20, 2008

62 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Nov 12, 2007

100 by KingYoshi »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 16, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yukia-Kontan - May 30, 2008

74 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.