Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2009 4:50 AM

Jul 2008
haha crazy as ever, but thats why i loved hng so much <3

Apr 13, 2009 11:03 AM

Oct 2007
Ahh, this was a good episode. I hope the humor and flow of this episode will continue for the rest of the season X3

The nun is funny, looking forward to seeing more of her XD
Apr 13, 2009 12:40 PM
Dec 2007
Like I said in the other discussion, this is the season that filters out the watchers who were in it just for the gags, and a few posts already prove it to me. This episode was superior to the first one, although I missed the Nishizawa chapter in the middle, AND they should have added the character's RPG specs. xD (Nagi only had 3 HP after all)

I agree though, Hinagiku is way too overhyped. She is a caricature as well. The typical "perfect" character who can do everything but is a tsundere when it comes to love. She is about as cliched as the rest of the cast, and in many cases more bland than them due to being "too perfect".

Apr 13, 2009 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
Hm.. a decent episode.
The series is still missing all the great references from the first season.
I also dislike that they're copying the manga 1:1. :/
Apr 13, 2009 2:05 PM
Dec 2007
I dunno, the fact they are following the manga is actually something that will benefit the series in the long run. After all, go back to Season 1 and you will notice the series lost itself in the middle, with even episodes that made you kind of want to stop watching. It didn't had a direction and only the random, and sometimes seldom, comedy kept you there. Now it has something the first one completely lacked. It's actually going somewhere.

But I guess adaptations will get burned regardless of what they choose. Damn if you do and damned if you don't?

Apr 13, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I dunno, the fact they are following the manga is actually something that will benefit the series in the long run. After all, go back to Season 1 and you will notice the series lost itself in the middle, with even episodes that made you kind of want to stop watching. It didn't had a direction and only the random, and sometimes seldom, comedy kept you there. Now it has something the first one completely lacked. It's actually going somewhere.

But I guess adaptations will get burned regardless of what they choose. Damn if you do and damned if you don't?

My thoughts exactly. Thank you :)

Oh, by the way: Hinagiku is far, faaaaaaar from perfect. And I'm not talking about her fear of heights. She can be moody, is highly irritable, and if you really p*ss her off, she can be a bit vindictive. She easily gets flustered and when it gets to her feelings, she is not very open and truthful. It's rather that her positive traits more than make up for that: Her helpfulness, her skill and capability, and the fact that you can depend on her. In a way, she is the female Hayate of the show in this aspect.

And this is why I love her character so much: She is NOT perfect, she's emotionally vulnerable, and yet she's helping others SO MUCH without really getting anything in return most of the times. We'll see more of that. Very soon.
Apr 13, 2009 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
I actually liked the randomness of Hayate in the first season because it rang more as a parody and not a big loli pedo fest. That is up until they did that whole butler tournament outside of those little snippets at the end of the episodes (which I thougt were funny). I thought the show was pretty good up until the end, but then again, my memory is fading fast.

Now it seems like this show is really serious about some of the aspects that I thought it was parodying, which kind of makes me a little cautious.
Apr 13, 2009 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
I actually like the randomness of this show. Not to mention the countless references and parodies which will make you laugh. There's even romantic events here too!

I am not sure about the story though. However, I like the show the way it is now.

Apr 14, 2009 3:29 AM

Mar 2007
japanme32 said:
Defiance said:
Apparently everyone is suddenly obsessed with Hinagiku for reasons unknown to me. I don't understand the appeal of such an average character.

Anyway, the episode was ok. I liked the Alexander Anderson "AMEN" reference.

Me tell you why! ED is about Hinagiku so all see Hinagiku each episode even is she not in it. ED always has her.

Hinagiku is the opposite to Nagi's Character and to some extent a rival.And she is just as awesome as Nagi, and she wont let hayate off easily for exploiting her weakness

The ED is probably the best of Hayate at the moment can't wait till its released... Love the council 3 as backing vocals
Apr 14, 2009 3:51 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:

Now it seems like this show is really serious about some of the aspects that I thought it was parodying, which kind of makes me a little cautious.
I understand that and yes, to a point I was kinda reading the manga with a cautious yet open mind. But the manga managed to have this randomness to it without having to sacrifice direction and continuity at least in my opinion. Of course, in the end it's up to the guys doing the adaptation to capture the spirit of the series.

Apr 14, 2009 11:13 PM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
noteDhero said:

I understand that and yes, to a point I was kinda reading the manga with a cautious yet open mind. But the manga managed to have this randomness to it without having to sacrifice direction and continuity at least in my opinion. Of course, in the end it's up to the guys doing the adaptation to capture the spirit of the series.

indeed, the manga did what it wanted to well, and continued on a good path like you said. Hopefully the anime can also maintain both, instead of falling toward either side more than the other (comedy vs arcs)

<- sad, ED single comes out 5/27 TT; cmon leeks
psychoplastApr 15, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 15, 2009 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
I don't watch Hayate for a good storyline, it would be hard to adjust to after 52episodes that was a randomfest. Well hopefully they will get this overdone with, but if it stays this way, i will prolly drop after next episode, or just post-watch later.
Apr 15, 2009 1:58 PM

Oct 2008
Am I really the first one to mention the Record of Lodoss War reference after watching it days late? Amazing. Anyway, I love hearing Yui Horie's voice as the weird nun. Pretty good episode overall.
Apr 15, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
OmegaRFox said:
And she is just as awesome as Nagi
You're argument became invalid right about here.
Apr 15, 2009 8:13 PM
Dec 2007
Defiance said:
OmegaRFox said:
And your argument became invalid when you typed your first letter. Yours is, after all, an opinion.

I think Omega expressed a good argument, and the two of them really are opposites and rivals.

Apr 15, 2009 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Defiance said:
OmegaRFox said:
And your argument became invalid when you typed your first letter. Yours is, after all, an opinion.

I think Omega expressed a good argument, and the two of them really are opposites and rivals.
I guess I'll just never understand why people are so attracted to such a bland character, oh well.
Apr 15, 2009 8:52 PM
Dec 2007
Defiance said:
Leon-Gun said:
Defiance said:
OmegaRFox said:

I guess I'll just never understand why people are so attracted to such a bland character, oh well.
I'll throw that back at ya, hence why opinion wars can't be won.

Apr 16, 2009 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
A pity that they skipped over Tama kissing Ayumu as well as Tama vs. Sonia.
antifaytApr 18, 2009 3:26 AM
Apr 17, 2009 10:22 AM

May 2007
Alot better than episode one, lots of references. Ayumu wanting to be the example was hilarious.
My anime list
Apr 17, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Haha at that anime freak in train. Snackers lol, nice cover. The "elf chick, the drunken teacher joins the party" was hilarious, great RPG reference this time. "Ah so you're a lolicon" ^_^ This episode is made of win
Apr 17, 2009 1:34 PM
Dec 2007
mitamaking said:
Alot better than episode one, lots of references. Ayumu wanting to be the example was hilarious.
It could have been better if, I dunno, Ayumu WOULD have been the example ojou. A whole chapter cutted out... and it was so funny too, rats.

Apr 19, 2009 6:49 AM

Mar 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Defiance said:
Leon-Gun said:
Defiance said:
OmegaRFox said:

I'll throw that back at ya, hence why opinion wars can't be won.

Probably because she isnt more bland than Nagi's character... she is the opposite, as she doesnt live in the same enviorment as Nagi

Nishizawa is the probalby the true opposite, but then Nagi doesnt see much of a rivalry between them... (Vs the hamster)
Apr 19, 2009 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
Ehh.. This series still doesn't have the greatness that the last one had. I actually think I prefered the last episode. Although it was nice to see Nagi over-react when she heard a woman's voice on the other line. The animation is still really annoying though.
Apr 20, 2009 10:27 PM

Feb 2008
Ahaha! Anyways, I'm kinda geting used to the animation even though I still prefer the first season... XD

It's getting good, only got chuckles rather than LOLs in 1st season. But I'm still anticipating for greatness. :D

YUI HORIE is here!!!
Apr 23, 2009 1:10 PM

Apr 2007
kannagi, densha otoko..

not bad.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 28, 2009 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
Can't stand this animation anymore!! It feels lower budget. Other than that decent episode with a bit of chuckles.
Jun 3, 2009 5:14 PM

Sep 2008
/only watching because of Hinagiku.
Jun 6, 2009 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
japanme32 said:
Nun part was good.
Nishizawa has good imagination. best part for me:

:D

This episode was really funny ! ~~ Nun was the best :'D
And I'm so in love with the ending theme ♥ hina hina hina ~

Jun 14, 2009 10:02 PM

Nov 2006
Since it doesn't look like it turn into what it was...I'll get used to it being what it is. More story elements and nuns that kill....always a plus =)
Aug 2, 2009 12:19 AM

May 2008
Haha love the Hellsing reference. "AAAAMEN."

Well... really doesn't look like the old HnG. Not so sure its going well.
Oct 15, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2009
Loving season two!! Althoguh there aren't quite as many references I don't mind because the existence of an actual plot is great!!
Aug 7, 2010 12:50 AM

Apr 2008
too early for a 2 part ep. IMO. good nonetheless.

Jul 16, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2010
is it just me or is the a difference in color from the 1st season? it looks much more saturated
Nov 19, 2011 2:34 AM

Feb 2011
Maria: There's a chance of him switching to a man

Nagi and Ayumu: WHAT!

LOLz
Nov 25, 2011 1:25 AM

Sep 2011
"You cant touch that place!" LOL at Nagi misunderstanding again. This episode was full of lols! :D
Jan 18, 2012 3:29 AM
Nov 2011
My Trap senses were going off as soon as Hayate sees the nun... No I didn't think she was a guy, but some how i knew her being there wasn't a coincidence, and I didn't buy that it was because she worked at the church either. To quote Doctor Who - "Never trust a nun, never trust a nurse and never trust a cat." - Lady Cassandra :D

Guess we'll find out if it was a wrong feeling.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I'm missing some of the randomness and references though.
I'm really missing "hamster" eating every episode, that was funny in HnG season 1.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 15, 2012 6:21 PM

May 2012
Great episode better than the first nice Dungeons & Dragons reference! And the new Character is quite interesting to the story :p
Apr 2, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was more fun. Guess Nagi appears in Hayate's dreams now. And also the Louise reference there. LOL.

And, Hinagiku calling Hayate a lolicon is a bit too harsh. She is jealous of Nagi x Hayate. (One True Pair)

This dungeon episode is gonna be really exciting. Also, I lost it when Isumi agreed to explore the underground maze.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 24, 2021 8:43 PM

Aug 2018
Nagi is so cute with her hair put down <3

Feb 16, 2023 11:44 AM
May 2020
22:27 The boy is just standing there to the side, while the rest fight a dragon in fantasy gear. Lol.
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM
Oct 2019
First episode was great, but this is much more in-line what I've come to expect (and love) out of this series since S1.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2009

61 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 12, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2009

46 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2009

52 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 4, 2023 5:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.