Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I don't know about the Americans trackers, except the Nyaa and the Bakabt, that I use. But since 2006, I use trackers and I see a lot of examples of bad rules. I created this topic to discuss it.

In Brazil, there are a lot of trackers with bad rules. The main characteristic is: A lot of seeders in all torrents and/or a lot of dead torrents. So, if you download a torrent, you will end the day with a very bad ratio. Its common to see new users with 0 ratio. To try avoid this, you have three options: make a donation, wait for a golden torrent or try download a torrent with only a few seeders and hope for new leechers. If you keep bad ratio for sometime (normally, 2~4 weeks), you are going to be banned. Because these rules, many of them died or are struggling to survive, with only few users. The rules benefits the old users, who generally have a great ratio (5 or more) and prejudice the new ones, who have to "fight" with the old users for seeding a leecher.

There's no "Nyaa" equivalent in Brazil. In most of times, I downloaded English subbed Animes from Nyaa, because is so easily to download AND UPLOAD, even large torrents (10gbs or more). I don't understand why brazilian fansubs don't use Nyaa and prefer keep stuck in your private trackers? I think its because they want to receive donations more easily and have a strict control all the users of the tracker.

Nyaa isn't the perfect tracker, but IMO, its the best one that I see, because of flexible rules.
Feb 2, 2014 7:18 PM

Jun 2011
Having a minimum ratio isn't a bad rule, as it encourages seeding. Most trackers that do that have some way of maintaining your ratio even when there are no leechers though. For example, Animebytes gives you virtual currency for every torrent you're seeding, that you can buy upload credit with. Is there nothing like that on that site?
Feb 2, 2014 7:29 PM
Nov 2008
Private trackers are stupid, period. Don't use them unless you really have to.

Feb 2, 2014 7:29 PM
May 2013
Narmy said:
Having a minimum ratio isn't a bad rule, as it encourages seeding.

Yep. It's almost a necessity on a private tracker where there isn't a ton of users, thus not a lot of leechers. Without a ratio to maintain, the vast majority of people would never seed, and the torrents would die. You have to give back in order to take. It keeps the site healthy.

Trackers usually give you a grace period at the beginning where you can download a certain amount before ratio requirements kick in. At least, that's how it's been on every private tracker I've ever been a member of. You grab stuff during that grace period and then seed, seed, seed. Seed whatever you snatch as much as you can. 24/7 if at all possible. It's not that difficult to maintain a ratio if you exercise self-restraint when downloading.
Nov 7, 2014 5:15 AM
Sep 2014
dity said:
Private trackers are stupid, period. Don't use them unless you really have to.

I guess this way dont count to your ratio. But i dislike this.
I understand that alot of ppl have bad uploadspeed, but atleast seed as much as you can, 50kbps is 50kbps, that will help someone.

Sry for reviving old thread, had a need to comment

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
7 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
11 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.