Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
Madara31 said:
LittleStar said:
v3catsxanime said:
The writers must be purposely making Miuna annoying so when Manaka comes back it wouldn't hurt so much.. >w<

I think they created "guy who is in love with Miuna" just for
if Hikari/Manaka become canon, there will be always other guy for Miuna...

Because if we look:
- Chisaki/Tsumugu
- Kaname/Sayuu
- Hikari/Manaka

Miuna will stay alone, but because there is other guy who like her,
there will be always opinion: she can start dating this guy...

That's another reason I hope Hikari/Manaka doesn't happen, because Miuna and that guy would be the most lazy pairing I've ever seen. It wouldn't be right on the guy for her to get with him just to not be alone, it'd be better for her to remain alone in that case.

So would you prefer Miuna alone?
Jan 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
LittleStar said:
Madara31 said:
LittleStar said:
v3catsxanime said:
The writers must be purposely making Miuna annoying so when Manaka comes back it wouldn't hurt so much.. >w<

I think they created "guy who is in love with Miuna" just for
if Hikari/Manaka become canon, there will be always other guy for Miuna...

Because if we look:
- Chisaki/Tsumugu
- Kaname/Sayuu
- Hikari/Manaka

Miuna will stay alone, but because there is other guy who like her,
there will be always opinion: she can start dating this guy...

That's another reason I hope Hikari/Manaka doesn't happen, because Miuna and that guy would be the most lazy pairing I've ever seen. It wouldn't be right on the guy for her to get with him just to not be alone, it'd be better for her to remain alone in that case.

So would you prefer Miuna alone?
I'd prefer Manaka be alone, maybe as a god/deity or something, and Miuna be with Hikari. But between Miuna ending up with that guy and her being alone? Then yes I'd rather Miuna be alone. It'd be such a shallow relationship and wouldn't be fair on the guy.
Jan 30, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
I feel if Hikari end up with Miuna will be more forced,
after all he don't show any romantic interest in her,
and still love Manaka.
So if Manaka become God or something,
I don't want Hikari to just "Ok, so I can't be with you, so I will start be with other girl".

Worst ending for me: Hikari and Manaka love each other, but they can't be together,
so Hikari end up with somebody else.
No, just no... ;(
Jan 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Chisaki and Tsumugu are so good together.
Jan 30, 2014 12:49 PM
Jan 2014
I don't see any feelings of realization until the ending...
Jan 30, 2014 12:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
As always, Kaname is coolheaded and very chill. But because of this, it hurts to see him watch the interaction between Chisaki and Tsumugu, how natural and in sync they are. I love how he said to Chisaki that he likes older women though, that was cute of Kaname.

More Miuna and Sayu this episode...need more Chisaki :( and of course Miuna is special since she not only just started developing ena, but she's the only one who can hear the sand sound so clearly. They better explain why later otherwise it'll annoy me if the reason is only simply because she's the new female mc. I wish Chisaki had gone with them to Shioshishio.
Jan 30, 2014 1:00 PM
Aug 2013
i really hope they dont screw the series up with tsumugu x chisaki... please dont ruin the show! its a contradiction if it ends up that way, then the speciel meeting between Manaka and Tsumugu didnt mean anyhthing.. dont screw the series up!
a fine episode as always, waiting eager for next week
Jan 30, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2012
Near the end with Kaname and Sayu the quality of the anime shot up big time. It was almost movie like.
Jan 30, 2014 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
It really makes me wonder whether Tsumugu had any feelings for Manaka back then. Well whatever, still shipping HikarixMiuna
Jan 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
It's funny that all people talk about are the ships but there is an awful lot else going on! The last few episodes have been going over the theme of change and whether it is good or bad. Clearly change has happened and it is natural for people to try and cling to something and declare that nothing will change. I think this show is going to try and say that you can't do that, and things just have to change.

As to Muina and Ena, well I think that her getting Ena is a really interesting development. The Sea people have always been on a loosing streak. The traffic has always been one way people can only leave but noone can come in. So the question is ... has this happened before and is this a continually repeating cycle or is the sea god allowing people to get ena now to allow some land people to survive the coming disaster? Does the awakening of the 2 boys mean the disaster has been averted?
Jan 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2008
Cambiare said:
i then the speciel meeting between Manaka and Tsumugu didnt mean anyhthing...

I never thought about Manaka/Tsumugu meeting as special...
It was shown from the perspective of Hikari,
and with Hikari's dialogue...

XiPwnUX99 said:
KanamexSayu is now my favorite pairing in the series.

Don't see why everyone wants HikarixMiuna. I hope Manaka comes back so we can have HikarixManaka. Miuna can either be alone or with that guy that likes her. Her being in love with her uncle (Whether they're related by blood or not) is messed up.

Eh... I like Miuna when she was just normal girl,
now when she get Ena, where most of child from parents from surface and sea don't have Ena and now she is the only one who can hear this sound...
No, just give me a break...
What next? -.-

I liked Miuna/Hikari, but after time skip she become... Eh...
and Hikari still think about Manaka, so I have hope she will be back! *.*
Jan 30, 2014 1:36 PM
Apr 2013
Cambiare said:
i really hope they dont screw the series up with tsumugu x chisaki... please dont ruin the show! its a contradiction if it ends up that way, then the speciel meeting between Manaka and Tsumugu didnt mean anyhthing.. dont screw the series up!

Dude if Manaka is still ALIVE the series will be screwed up.
Jan 30, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
It really surprises me that there are so much hate on Manaka, even I don't know what she did to annoy everybody :P
and it also surprises me that Miuna also, suddenly, got Ena :o is just to add more "trouble" for the story?
I'm really glad that Hikari still thinks about Manaka and still likes her. After all, you don't forget your childhood friend and your first crush so easily.

It feels like this time skipping made Miuna and Sayu the main characters.
Hope the author won't give a damn twist.

For me, I just want to know what happened to Manaka, because that's a real mystery, something happened to her :o

Reminds me a lot of Ano Hana <3
Jan 30, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Woah the relationships have all been shot to shit by now.....

- Manaka likes Hikari (was about to confess after the festival, but we all know how that went). We'll see what happens if she ever comes back.

- Hikari likes Manaka, but thinks Manaka still has an interest in Tsumugu. Ain't giving up though....

- Kaname likes Chisaki, but notices how 5 years of living together have made her very much compatible with Tsumugu. He ain't giving up either....

- Tsumugu has feelings for Chisaki, no doubt about that. Whether he acts on those feelings at all is another story....

- Miuna and Saya are pretty much set. We all know who they love respectively and at the end of the day, neither are willing to give up on those feelings (I actually found Saya's admittance kinda cute, the " I'm sick too" part)

- Chisaki....... oh Chisaki, you troublesome character! At first I'd thought she was over Hikari, but the way she reacts to him coming back, and that forlorn look she shot him at the Fishery Depot during this episode has started me wondering again.
Tsumugu has implied on several occasions that he's interested in her, she sort of does a sidestep or ignores it most of the time, in fact I never see her blushing in his presence or anything, and that deal with making tea at home during this episode, it was natural, but you could argue that it wasn't really romantic or anything (if anything it just shows how used to one another they've become in the same house). The interaction reminded me of my cousin and his sister doing something similar in their house when I used to visit, it seemed more familial subconsciousness than anything (you can choose to interpret it in your own way of course).
She has never once in the entire second arc showed a preference for anyone in particular, and this annoys the hell out of me.

If anything I think any major feels atomic bomb will detonate only when two things happen:
1.) If and when Manaka comes back. Or when they realize that she can't be saved/won't be coming back (don't think this will happen until at least until Hikari gets to talk to that damn Dragon Scale dude).... or
2.) When Chisaki actually CHOOSES to show her feelings for SOMEONE/ANYONE.... That's when the polygons and triangles will all start to fall apart, and when all the feels blow up in the aftermath.

Well.... considering everything, this episode wasn't quite as dramatic as I was hoping it would be, but Kaname being Kaname would never show his whole hand, and for that I commend the director and the producers of the show. I can hold off on the feels explosion for a few episodes longer, methinks. Good Job.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 30, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2009
Numair said:
mixordia said:
I don't like the fact that Miuna has ena... but anyway, this episode was ok, but it was not so good... I liked the first arc, but this second arc doesn't pleased me so much yet. The focus now is Miuna, and it is disappointing to me. The intrigues of the first arc was better, never thought I'd say this, but I miss the annoying Manaka.

And poor Kaname, he noticed something that not even Chisaki noticed yet.

true i liked the first arc and also hate the idea of Miuna as a focus of this arc this arc seriously need manaka now to make it better and the other thing i hated about this arc is that the pairings are 70% confirmed.
meme-chan said:
I'm kind of disappointed. I wanted more Kaname x Chisaki x Tsumugu drama... not Miuna and Sayu's unrequited love drama lol

Exactly this. This is really killing the show for me to be honest. The first arc was much better.
i miss you
Jan 30, 2014 1:58 PM
Dec 2012
Miuna and Sayu were annoying as usual. I don't like how Miuna is taking the place of Manaka :( Also, I don't want Kaname to end up with Sayu but I don't see any other choices D: I wish they wouldn't focus as much on Miuna and Sayu and show more of TsumuguxChisakiXKaname
Jan 30, 2014 2:05 PM

Dec 2011
I can't wait to see they get back to Shioshishio again.
I was expecting more Kaname's drama, but I guess Hikari took all of that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
It seems some the characters are still trying aim for their dreams while being hit with reality due to the changes that occurred over the 5 year period. The worse being for Miuna in not accepting the new change.
Jan 30, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2012
Is anyone else hating Miuna more and more each episode?
Jan 30, 2014 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
anyone have any idea where i can find a link to the soundtrack used when kaname and chisaki are walking and talking after sayu runs away?

the guitar is so relaxing
Jan 30, 2014 2:30 PM
Apr 2013
Hikari is it? Is going to kill himself when Manaka doesn't come back, I mean, shes dead... right? I know I

wasn't the only one who saw the episode when she was thrown to the sea floor like a sack of bricks.

Manaka: Sacrificed

Miuna: Unrequited Love(forever), I mean lets be honest, Hikari is never going to have eyes for another

woman for a long while.

Hikari: Hes probably going to die or live forever unhappy.

Chisaki: Blinded by unrequited love(forever)

Everyone else will die from unrequited love as well because nobody wants to change so the'll never grow up

and be forever man/women children.

Sorry to spoil the ending for everyone, it had to be said.
anthonyclarkJan 30, 2014 2:52 PM
Jan 30, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
I can just feel the despair. They say that they won't change, but change is pretty much inevitable.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 30, 2014 2:41 PM
Jul 2013
Kaname came back yeih. Ena has Miuna, this news surprised me and end, cause curious to know what happened in Shioshio.

Good catch: http://i62.tinypic.com/3347uky.jpg
Jan 30, 2014 2:50 PM
Apr 2013
Im curious of what came of shioshio as well, because the drama with the love polygon isn't doing much

towards motivating me to keep watching.
Jan 30, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Man, I was lmao when Kaname came to where Chisaki and Tsumugu lived. Screwed up, Ik.
And Miuna should have been like "Omg I have ena" last episode. Everything does go well for her, eh?

I can taste the cheese in all of this, but it still doesn't ruin my enjoyment! Honestly, the only thing that will would be sum asspull, like Manaka coming back for instance.
Jan 30, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Jan 30, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
I hope the next episode is more about Manaka.
Jan 30, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2010
I'm gonna go a extreme route and say that Manaka doesn't wake at all, or at least in the characters lifetime. If the OP and ED are anything to go by then Manaka wakes up alone as she appears in the ED, because she isn't present with everyone else in OP.
Jan 30, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
The relationships in this show are such a mess right now, and saying they won't change is going to mean they'll all be unhappy :\ But I'm hoping we'll see something interesting happen next episode
Jan 30, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
Cambiare said:

It meant a fucking lot. Manaka was always open to change, but was scared about it. When she met Tsumugu, he gave her the push to keep changing and becoming stronger, in addition, Hikari was also able to develop and becoming more understanding of most relationships around him. Just because it doesn't ends up in romance, it's not meaningless, Manaka's encounter with Tsumugu was important to her to grow as a **character**.

Anyway, I liked this episode a lot. Sayu is quite cute pretending to be an adult woman yet she's a little girl in heart. That second encounter between her and Kaname had a huge improved budget, what the fuck, it looked pretty and quite marvelous, because that's how Sayu saw him I guess, lel.
I find it weird that even thought Miuna has Ena, her skin doesn't crack...she doesn't feel like a sea person, what the hell is that?
Also, poor Kaname watching Chisaki and Tsumugu, I feel that he'll remember something when he reaches Oshioshishio, who knows?
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 30, 2014 3:36 PM
Oct 2008
Oh I really hope it will be Tsumugu x Chisaki! I love how Tsumugu's face is like; whatever, but actually is caring about her ♥

I think
- Manaka will come back and confesses her feelings to Hikaru and they'll be all emergherd, let's make babies! Cuz, Miuna and Hikari are "related" so it was impossibruu right?
- Tsumugu with Chisaki (my strong desire lol)
- Then Kaname is like; fuck my life, now she goes for Tsumugu?! Defuq.. and be all emo and shit, but then tadaaa there's Sayu to cheer him up and be forever alone together. I don't think Kaname and Chisaki are meant toghether...
- Miuna will also be emo and somehow will sleep like they did becoz she wants to XD
And then when Miuna wakes up, her parents are divorced or something, Manaka and Hikari has a son (who looks like Hikari and of Miuna's age) they meet each other and falls in love.... xD

Imagination much? lol
Jan 30, 2014 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
I actually didn't like the first arc much, and I like Miuna much more than manaka.
I just hope there's at least one actual relationship at some point, so often in this sort of show no-one actually ends up together.
Never forget! Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!
Jan 30, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder what happened to Shioshishio? Based on the preview, something seemed to have happened. I hope something bad doesn't happen to Munia because her ena is incomplete..
Jan 30, 2014 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
Dammit, it's like watching Honey and Clover all over again. Everyone is in love with someone that doesn't like them back. :'( -cries forever- Watching Kaname come back was great but I can't help but pity his unrequited love.

Good episode nevertheless. Just really depressing to watch.
Jan 30, 2014 3:59 PM
Jan 2014
no why? T_T what is with this too much miuna screentime again? i want more kanamexchisakixtsumugu T_T im upset.. what is this kanamexsayu vibe? chisaki looks like she dont want to return kaname's feelings. not enough chisaki's screentime again T_T

im so sad for kaname in this episode, like, it totally broke my heart seeing him like that T_T he dont want to give up either... T_T uggh im hurt T_T
Jan 30, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Kaname coped with the changes, especially Chisaki living with Tsumugu, better than I expected. Sayu was adorable this episode and I liked how they talked about how childhood crushes are bound to be forgotten. I wasn't much of a fan of Sayu/Kaname but I hope their interactions will push them to change or at least flesh out their character.

Tsumugu and Chisaki acting like an old married couple was also pretty great.
Jan 30, 2014 4:06 PM
Jan 2014
Lovin the chisaki x tsumugu moment this ep!
Kabame is so cool i love him, haha he is still in love with chisaki, muahahah tsumuchisakana drama!!!!
i know that next ep will be provably focused on kaname hikari and miuna (who is startting to get on my nervrs)... But of you think about it, chisaki and tsumugu will be all alone on the surface, so we might have a moment between this two! wiiiii

Im getting tired that everything evolves around Miuna, in my opinion it would be sooo much better if it evelves in the original group of characters.... though i do like sayu
Jan 30, 2014 4:12 PM
May 2012
if manaka comeback out of nowhere this series totally ruin
i hope manaka didn't comeback or comeback few years later
is not that i hate her it just gonna be a poor development since she is sacrificing herself for sea god and she suddenly back, no thank you
Hikamanaka is my OTP but i rather Hika end with other girls than make her suddenly back just because HIkamanaka must happen in the end , that gonna totally ruin this anime
Jan 30, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2011
bbmello said:
anyone have any idea where i can find a link to the soundtrack used when kaname and chisaki are walking and talking after sayu runs away?

please guys i need to knowwwwwwww
Jan 30, 2014 4:21 PM

Sep 2010
This anime continues to be perfect... Minus Miu.

She is actually not a bad character, but I hate how she stands in the way of Manaka and Hikaris relationship.

But yay Kaname!!! He seems to notice everything the audience does, which is great despite the fact he seems to have the most issues.
Jan 30, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
Defenitally not the greatest episode but its still a decent episode, expected a bit better but im sure next week will be great again! still loving sayu and miuna now, hikari still favorite character though ^^ :)
Jan 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
himeki-hiradaira said:
Kinaro said:

´
this

Yes yes yes yes. Yes. And liking all the other characters alot more! Sayu especially.
Jan 30, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
I know some people don't like Miuna very much but…

I LOVE HOW THESE EPISODES LIKE CENTER AROUND HER. MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. Anyways… this episode didn't focus too much on Kaname, considering Hikari got like a full 25 min of development.. That meeting with Sayu though.. SAYUxKANAME. YES.

Miuna has like 50% Ena now. YES. Ok. Just. YES. Miuna also had that little monologue thing about how she's not going to change. I found that really cute and admirable cause most characters are just like.. Let's change come on everyone should change. Like no, just no. Hikari and Kaname bonded through guy talk too! XD

Still waiting for Manaka to come back though… I swear to god if she doesn't come back my rating on this anime WILL plummet. Miuna's my favorite character also but I can't decide… HikarixMiuna or HikarixManaka… ARGHH SO MANY SHIPS. SayuxKaname and ChisakixTsumugu is already done and done for me.

And daaaaamn. Sayama got hot. "I'm Sayama from Saya Mart." Those lols.
Jan 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
FenixDragon43 said:
himeki-hiradaira said:
Kinaro said:

´
this

Yes yes yes yes. Yes. And liking all the other characters alot more! Sayu especially.

*raises hand*
Argh, I can't see Miuna with Hikari, absolutely not. I mean, I don't hate Miuna or anything but she's too persistent... Hikari's love for Manaka isn't something so simple and Miuna loves the Hikari THAT loves Manaka. He wouldn't be the same without his care about our slow Manaka. Seriously.

This anime makes me love it every episode, but I hope that Hikari x Miuna won't happen, sorry but it's too strange to see them as a couple. Poor Kaname and Tsumugu... I hope Chisaki will make at least one of them happy! XD

Oh, and Sayu and Kaname reencounter (?) was so cute <3
(Sorry about my English and the long comment n-n)
ミ☆ 消える。

Jan 30, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
The show keeps talking about changes but I don't see any major change. Luckily we still have 9 episodes left. Maybe they're building up to that change and I'm too impatient >.>
Jan 30, 2014 5:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bbmello said:
bbmello said:

please guys i need to knowwwwwwww

The OST isn't out yet :/
Jan 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
Here's something I don't get: Why do people hate on Miuna for getting in the way of Hikari/Manaka, but they don't hate Tsumugu for getting in the way of Kaname/Chisaki? Or hate Kaname for getting in the way of Tsumugu/Chisaki? Instead they promote the Kaname/Chisaki/Tsumugu drama, but hate on the Miuna/Hikari/Manaka drama.

Honest question, cuz I really don't get it. Why is Kaname's persistence considered cute, but Miuna's persistence is considered annoying?
Jan 30, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Meh this continuing unrequited love by Miuna is sort of getting boring. Feeling like this amount of effort she's putting in will be all for naught so focusing on it so much makes it feel like a waste of time. Sayu is ok. But the pairings have gotten bigger and a bit more complicated. But nothing that can't be handled
Jan 30, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2011
The drama was pretty weak this episode
I guessed they are saving the Kaname/Tsumugu <3 Chisaki <3 Hikari drama later
But at least it gives me an idea that chisaki is not in love(or she still harbor some feeling for hikari) w/ anyone right now

And what!?!?! manaka didn't confess to hikari before crashing? That sucks(so what the hell did she said to Hikari at that time!!!)

And wow Hikari so manly

Jan 30, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Man I am getting really pumped.

They have to find the village and not get blown by the current to the surface.

Great episode!!!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.