Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There goes the Egyptian dude but the plan seems to have been ruined with those three there. No way they can attack Hades with any chance when his three best men are there as a group.
Btw how the fuck could they not been stabbed by that thing if they where in there? There hardly any room for them to even fit in there let alone space for the lance to miss them.
May 31, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
Those 3 couldn't have shown up at a worse time.
Monad said:
Btw how the fuck could they not been stabbed by that thing if they where in there? There hardly any room for them to even fit in there let alone space for the lance to miss them.
|Plotarmor|
Oct 7, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
I'm hating Pandora so much.
Mar 26, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2009
So sad for Orpheus and his true love.
So basically Shiryuu's eyes can work in the world of the dead.
Maybe Shun and Seiya used their cosmos to create a barrier when Pandora stabbed them ( or maybe Shun used his chains to protect them, who knows lol
Jan 12, 2019 9:24 PM

Jun 2016
Orphee, Seiya, and Shun are a cool combo! I hadn't expected Orphee to switch sides but rather that he would die in his battle with Pharaoh. This episode went over my head in a few ways.

My impression was that Seiya and Shun were weak in the underworld and that's why they were easily knocked out. However, Orphee is protected and is able to fight back and he used his natural unrestrained strength to win that epic harp battle(I love how he held the G-string with his teeth). Kanon lured Rene out to an unprotected area to beat him and in that realm he was able to keep up and get the upper hand on Rhadamanthys. All is well and good here. However, Shiryu and Hyoga one shotting specters in a prison seems very off to me. Charon being taken down could have either been 1, he was not a strong specter as he didn't even hold Hades as one to obey and was purely the ferryman, or that area itself wasn't protected. So, everything makes sense except why people in Rene's position would be so weak as to be one shot in a prison somewhere that definitely should be protected. It just seemed like some weird logic I couldn't wrap my head around. Did they forget that rule of the underworld and do that purely for comedy?

Presumably Orphee was carrying Shun and Seiya in that box and therefore he was able to slip all the way to Hades domain as he was intended to go there anyways but the speed in which he made it there definitely took me off guard. Perhaps he knows shortcuts of some kind.

Speaking of Orphee, although I loved his fight and how it characterized Pharaoh as someone who was jealous of Orphee and how his position was taken by him. The fight itself was great. Yet, I didn't really understand what it was that moved him to allowing Eurydice to pass on with his whole spiel about life is beautiful because everything has one chance to live, people, stars, plants, animals, everything. It was a beautiful speech and him turning from her with tears in his eyes was very touching, but I missed how he made that leap in logic. I need to watch that scene again and think about it some more.

I would say that Rhadamanthys, Aiacos, and the man who Rene was standing in for, Minos were suspicious of Orphee as they caught onto Pharaoh and Eurydice's passing, HOWEVER, Rhadamanthys was actually called to meet Hades before the bronze saints arrived at the second prison. He was called in during his fight with Kanon, it's what saved him. So, I'm thinking it's actually not relevant to the current attack on Hades. It's certainly interesting though.

Pandora herself has a fascinating role. She's very much the pope in that she's the only one with contact to Hades. I wonder if she will end up having a similar role to what Saga did when he was in that situation, at least in some way! There's a lot of directions this could go. :)

This was certainly my least favorite episode yet in this arc but I think a big degree of that comes from me not understanding what's going on and that can be cured with rewatches or proceeding further in the anime.
Jan 13, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs There is no enchanting protection against Hades opponents in Hells. What you see is the real power of the Saints. (± thanks to possible shortcuts of the anime / exaggerations to "improve" upon the manga).
The two guardians are presented as stupid door mats who last one single page.
Keep in mind there are vast gaps of power between Specters. While the strongest are obviously the Three Judges, the other celestial stars didn't seem particularly homogeneous. And the Bronze Sts are also stronger than in the beginning, even if they still haven't fully grap the 7th sense (unlike a Gold St).
Add to this the probably already declining popularity of the manga... (it's around 2-3tomes before the cancellation was decided).

Also, Pandora indeed reminded me of a Pope as her role of interface suggests.

Sol_Ou said:
|Plotarmor|

Miracle !
Jun 20, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
I thought Orpheus sounded familiar. Turns out it was Kamiya Hiroshi. Noice!

Also, this is probably the most unintentionally hilarious episode of Saint Seiya till now - courtesy of Pharaoh repeatedly exclaiming about the power of the G-string. The sharp contrast between all previous battles - where the fighters either were punchy-punchy or used esoteric powers to this one which was basically just a musical rock-out was an absolute riot!
And then the Kanon trio steamrolling over the third prison was just the cherry on top.

Great episode.
R2Jun 22, 2021 4:44 AM
Dec 17, 2022 7:59 PM

Apr 2016
That was fun, the musical showdown, Shiryu and Hyoga wrecking guys like is nothing and to finish with Pandora trying to do a brochette with Seiya and Shun's bodies.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 10 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 7, 2014

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - Feb 3, 2014

6 by m3ccaryn »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2014

6 by kratos_aurion »»
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 12 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

5 by Safrichh »»
Feb 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 7 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 3, 2014

5 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.