Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 16, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
SkymasterJsp said:
i am abit comfused about ayu, he never gave the red band?, why were she wearing all the time, was she really a illusion? cuz
i remember other seeing her too.

man this serie made my cry alot, i thought only clannad was out there glad i found this

Like Fuuko, Ayu was an astral projection. The real Ayu was lying in a coma.
Oct 15, 2018 5:53 AM
Oct 2018
I enjoyed this but might look for something lighter to watch next time my favorite was Makoto to bad she is gone lol.... Great storyline great animation... I had a good time watching it !
Nov 1, 2018 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
The first half episodes were really good, but after that it just got so confusing and the girls vanished until they appeared to show off the MC's huge dong. Still liked the show.
It feels like the anime tried to go all routes at once through the show and just finished them half hearted to get to the harem ending or something like that lol-
Sep 30, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
That was amazing! I can always rely on Key to make me cry, and it was worth it! The story, music, characters, animation, all were so good! 10 out of 10, will watch again!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 4, 2019 3:07 AM

May 2019
Wait.

So the 17 years Yuuichi kissed and dated the 10 years mentally aged Ayu (astral projection)?

Well, he couldn't know. In the very end we see that the relation is different and is respecting her circunstance, what dont forbid that in a few years of recovery she can also be more mature.
May 12, 2020 4:40 PM

May 2016
Loved the comedy, the dub was absolutely A+ .
Best girl Sayuri and Mai, also loved Shiori.
Nayuki in the morning, lolololol

Not a fan of the fantasy elements and ending was meh but whatevs, overall loved it. Can't complain about a happy ending for everyone. Ayu w/ short hair x3
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jun 6, 2020 12:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was a happy ending. Perhaps a little too happy for my liking but I suppose this is a testament to the third wish of Ayu's which Shiori hinted at - total "happiness", right? Considering that even Ayu recovered gives me that feeling...

It's a little confusing what was part of the dream and others reality, to be honest. Somewhere along the line, I figured that Ayu might be like a projection similar to Makoto and it turned out to be exactly that from my take on this.

Akiko-san finally spilling the beans was about darn time, really. When you consider all the events to be taking place in the real world indeed then this sort of feels a little off, however, but I'm just going to settle with plot convenience here.

Nayuki seriously deserved more though, I believe. I'm not referring to affection from Yuuichi since it has been pretty clear for a while who rocks his boat but I feel like her arc got heavily overshadowed by Ayu's. Personally, one of my favourite characters from the show so a little let-down by this as such.

All in all, this was a fairly good arc nonetheless. A little too happy and cheesy albeit. Another episode just to show life returning to normal would've been really great but welp. Real pity that the Kaori x Kitagawa ship didn't go anywhere though.

Overall, it was an enjoyable watch. Funny at times and Melancholic in others, I feel like this combination was really good. As for going as far as going to evoking tears, the Makoto Arc in fine fashion and the Shiori Arc a little managed to do this.

Mai, despite that, probably is my favourite character of the series nonetheless.

Character-wise: Mai > Shiori = Nayuki > Makoto = Ayu.

Arc-wise: Makoto > Shiori > Mai = Ayu > Nayuki

Side Characters were really fun company too, imo. Definitely going to miss this series and the ED in particular too. I’m looking forward to the next Key project that’s coming out later this year (Kamisama ni Natta hi).

Going to settle with a solid 7.5/10.
_MushiRock11_Jun 6, 2020 8:54 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2020 2:21 PM

May 2018
Great ending :) miracles do exist after all! Everyone is best waifu as well. Amazing show
Aug 5, 2020 3:01 AM

Sep 2019
Loved this anime. 8/10. Great job by one of legendary animation studio. Props to kyoanime.
Aug 30, 2020 3:51 AM

Oct 2007
think I cried a little when he finally able to give Ayu the headband. Promise fulfilled.

he must thank Mai for telling him helpful things on the Ayu arc.

I'm also glad Shiori survive, Akiko recover, and everyone else doing well. Just a little sad we lost fox Makoto.. she help Yuichi when he was dying in the snow.. I hope she is happy wherever she is.
Dec 9, 2020 7:21 AM

Nov 2019
Amazing show and a really satifying ending.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Dec 10, 2020 2:22 AM

Aug 2014
Positives:

Great graphics.  Really easy on the eyes

Great background music.  Really sets the mood, for either the touching moments, intense moments, or slice of life moments.

I loved how, even in its intense moments, its a real chilled anime.

I loved the personality of the male MC.  Really made the anime easy to follow from his perspective

The girls in this anime were all awesome.

I really enjoyed the slice of life interactions. They were amazing due to the chilled nature of the anime. Nothing over the top. I applaud it for keeping it subtle and chill.

Loved the interactions of the male MC and Nayuki, specially early in the anime.

Negatives:

Even though i loved the male MC personality, his personality can sometimes go overboard, which made me roll my eyes many times, like hes the coolest dude on the planet and the anime sometimes went over the top with it. 

I never cared for the romance in this anime. None of the girls in this anime interested me to care for them romantically, just as friends.  Also, with the male MC personality, it was kinda difficult for me to care about him romantically, specially with any of the girls

I did not like what they did to Nayuki in this 2006 version. Yes, they made her super adorable with many cute scenes in the slice of life moments, but she in this version was pretty much just a background character.  I really wanted her to "win" in the romance area.  Heck, in this 2006 version, Nayuki didnt even like the male MC like in the 2002 version.  In the 2002 version, Nayuki had a variety of personalities, unlike in this version.

Out of all the heroines, only Ayu liked him. 

Kaori was the best girl in this anime.  Shame she wasnt one of the heroines. 

The pacing in this 2006 version can be a drag, since its very character-focused.

With all that said, DO NOT underestimate the 2002 version. It is also a fine anime in itself.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:39 AM
Dec 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Apr 2016
I'm just glad it's over. I was recommended this anime by a few people on MAL after requesting an anime that would fit the winter archetype for the season. I mean yeah, it succeeds at making you emotional and sappy but the writing was just so half-assed..

I disliked Kanon more than I liked it. There were just way too many arcs, character development was unfulfilled because each girl was just another to be disposed of, the visual novel structure didn't help the plot, in fact, worsened it. Idk. It just wasn't for me. It's impossible to look at Kanon from a critical and logical standpoint because there is no rationality to the show at all. Nothing made sense half of the time, and a lot was left unexplained at the end of each arc.

Not dogging on the anime or anything, to each their own, but the logical leaps killed it for me.
Jan 1, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
ooo333 said:

With all that said, DO NOT underestimate the 2002 version. It is also a fine anime in itself.

the animation style and music of the 2002 looks really bad in comparison to the 2006. However, the stories of both are equally good imo. I prefer the ending of the 2002 version. :)
Jan 2, 2021 1:42 AM

Aug 2014
Liddo-kun said:
ooo333 said:

the animation style and music of the 2002 looks really bad in comparison to the 2006. However, the stories of both are equally good imo. I prefer the ending of the 2002 version. :)

Absolutely the 2006 version has much better animation and music. Not even close.

You know, many have said that they liked the ending of the 2002 version, also because of Kazahana. But I actually prefer the final episode of the 2006 version, than the final episode and Kazahana of the 2002 version. I guess it all felt too rushed in 2002.
Jan 2, 2021 1:47 AM

Oct 2007
ooo333 said:
Liddo-kun said:

Absolutely the 2006 version has much better animation and music. Not even close.

You know, many have said that they liked the ending of the 2002 version, also because of Kazahana. But I actually prefer the final episode of the 2006 version, than the final episode and Kazahana of the 2002 version. I guess it all felt too rushed in 2002.

will be replying on your profile, because it will be major spoilers if I keep posting about the 2002 here. :)
Apr 14, 2021 3:49 PM

Aug 2015
The last several episodes were a roller coaster for me. I would have been annoyed had it turned out just like

Personally I was hoping for a better romance out of this show than the one we got but it wasn't a bad journey. I enjoyed the ride for the most part. I won't watch again but glad I watched it once.
Jun 10, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
OtakuManChild said:
The last several episodes were a roller coaster for me. I would have been annoyed had it turned out just like

Personally I was hoping for a better romance out of this show than the one we got but it wasn't a bad journey. I enjoyed the ride for the most part. I won't watch again but glad I watched it once.

I feel like the ending didn't feel romantic enough to me. With how they portrayed it. It feels like a older brother caring for his little sister or father caring for his daughter when he's pushing her in her wheelchair. Their relationship just felt very ambiguous. Since this is the real Ayu and not the astral projection. Is she aware of Yuuichi's feelings for her? Are they currently dating? They didn't make it clear enough imo since there wasn't much of a indication that they're officially in a relationship together. It's like their relationship had a full reset so, I don't feel satisfied enough.
Oct 20, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2014
Loved how Yuuichi and Ayu got their happy ending. Still think it's weird though how it goes from "Hey, here's the evil treestump" to "Oh hey, I'm conscious and apparently we've been reconnected for a while while we're implying I remember everything from my avatar meeting you."

I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I loved the ending, but if some people thought Clannad's ending was confusing and didn't spell enough out for it to make sense...
Oct 20, 2021 3:37 PM
Jul 2014
Senseki said:
I'm just glad it's over. I was recommended this anime by a few people on MAL after requesting an anime that would fit the winter archetype for the season. I mean yeah, it succeeds at making you emotional and sappy but the writing was just so half-assed..

I disliked Kanon more than I liked it. There were just way too many arcs, character development was unfulfilled because each girl was just another to be disposed of, the visual novel structure didn't help the plot, in fact, worsened it. Idk. It just wasn't for me. It's impossible to look at Kanon from a critical and logical standpoint because there is no rationality to the show at all. Nothing made sense half of the time, and a lot was left unexplained at the end of each arc.

Not dogging on the anime or anything, to each their own, but the logical leaps killed it for me.

I liked it, but you're right with your criticisms. It went too fast, it forgot too many people, and there's way too much "we're expecting you to figure out what's going on with the plot" rather than telling the story properly.
Oct 29, 2021 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
I wanted Makoto to become human (miraculously) and come back to town... MAKOTO DESERVES HAPPINESS TOO :(
Unlike Clannad, I didn't cry with sadness, but I cried with happiness in this last episode, what a relief that everything ended well.
The entire anime was sad, and only one episode was able to reverse everything. Clannad is better (well, two seasons gives you more time to get used to the characters and story development), even so, Kanon was great with just one season (and I have to say, the OP and ED are very good and nostalgic, in fact all the OSTs are too).

Well, amazing, unforgettable, masterpiece.
I think some things are still confusing, but it was a relatively happy ending, and it didn't traumatize me, so for that reason, 9/10 :')
RavenitaOct 29, 2021 8:46 PM
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Nov 18, 2021 3:09 AM

Jan 2017
I'll cut Key some slack on the confusing yet magical ending that Aya had, that doesn't mean it's good though

Gotta hand it to Mai for having the best character arc, shame she's not the final heroine
Dec 7, 2021 7:15 PM
May 2021
Prueba ññññññññññññññññ
Dec 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
What ? Ayu woke up ? Just like that ? After 7 years ? Simply unable to use her legs correctly ? And above all, she shrunk ?! I mean, she looked much older while comatose, which is normal since she still got older even if unconscious, so how is it even possible that she just went back to a little girl body ? And how come she is so fine after having spent 7 whole years in a coma ?!
I know I probably shouldn't be thinking too much but I can't help it, telling me it's a miracle or I don't know what isn't enough to make me accept everything. But well, whatever.

For the rest, unfortunately I didn't enjoy Ayu's arc as much as the others. Yuuichi received some good development and I liked Nayuki's characterization, but the rest just didn't seem that interesting to me, the constant flashbacks got quite annoying (even if that was the only way to show us what happened) and Ayu coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back was even more annoying, it felt forced, especially since nothing at all was explained. Okay, Yuuichi apparently was living in his own delusion due to not being able to accept Ayu's fate, but then how could the others also see her ? Because they totally could, and she even impacted their life, not just Yuuichi's, so there's no way it was all in his head, even the ending goes against that. Which is also part of why I wasn't super fond of this arc, I couldn't tell what was the message. I mean, the final message is to believe in miracles, but it was quite badly told, that's a shame.

Fortunately, I really liked the other arcs, as I already said. And Makoto, Mai, Sayuri, Shiori and Nayuki were all characters I got very attached to (also Yuuichi and Ayu but Yuuichi was sometimes a bit too gary-stuish for my taste despite his visible flaws, and Ayu wasn't that interesting to me compared to the others, I mostly liked her as a comic relief rather than a tragic character). The only thing that bothered me is that while all these miracles in the last episode make sense considering the message, they really destroyed some of the build-up. Actually, that's another thing that has been bothering me : the show sometimes felt too manipulative, always showing us situations in which characters are on the verge of death, and then they get better out of nowhere without any lasting consequences. In a way, I'm actually glad they didn't bring Makoto back to life, because while depressing, at least it didn't ruin her ending. Not that I wanted for the others to die, but that felt too easy and forced (that's especially true for Akiko whose accident was already forced to start with).
Also, I wasn't fond of how the characters were almost forgotten after the end of their arc, not only was it frustrating not to see them for a long time but it also felt weird to see Yuuichi behave almost as if nothing happened.
And one last thing, Yuuichi told Ayu what everyone was going to do after graduation, but aren't Nayuki and Kaori in 2nd year ? Why would they go to college ? Is that a mistake or something I didn't understand ? I'm confused.

Overall, while I had some issues with this show, it doesn't at all mean I didn't like it, so I'm giving it 7/10.
FafetteDec 22, 2021 10:37 AM
Dec 25, 2021 1:39 PM

Jan 2020
Hmm.... Tbh the last few episodes in general haven't been as strong in my personal opinion which is a little disappointing. However, I thought the series was a good one as a whole and I think I would settle for a 7/10 with it being an 8/10 before the few bits.

It was a nice series and a nice way to spend my Christmas time

Jan 20, 2022 1:23 PM
May 2013
done with my 6th rewatch after being prompted by Kaginado. i stand by my 2016 comment: there's nothing out there that's quite like this show, 15 years and counting.

the writing or comedy didn't age amazingly, but the mood is still extremely unique and relationships don't get much more captivating than the ones we see Yuuichi develop with each of the five heroines.

this show is like a snowglobe, separate even from Key's other works even though they share many plot devices. it's the feeling of a long, warm embrace under a snowstorm.
Feb 16, 2022 12:36 PM

May 2020
Well too much of a happy ending... and of course that includes Akiko, Shiori, Mai, Sayuri and even Ayu miraculously recovering and now doing fine and all. As if it was unexpected.

Still though this supernatural aspect played a bit too big of a role, which for some reason wasn't even my sight when I came into this series. Maybe I was expecting some hardcore drama, little did I know how wrong I was.
Don't know why everyone's hailing Makoto's arc, when for me it's lowest point of this series, just this last arc being the only saving grace. Well to each their own I guess.

Not in a mood to nitpick about other small details, so will just settle with a 5/10. Painfully average for me, nothing more nothing less.
Feb 28, 2022 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
Al fin termino este sufrumiento de ojos grandes
Feb 28, 2022 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
Al fin termino este sufrumiento de ojos grandes
Feb 13, 2023 5:35 PM

Feb 2021
Wonderful ending to a wonderful series
Mar 8, 2023 10:56 PM

Jul 2022
I will only talk about romance, if I talk about the ending I could say something that is irrelevant, since I liked it in itself but...
I still cried like a bitch in some parts, so I'm more than satisfied.

Of the few times that I would have loved a clannad-type ova where an ending with another girl is adapted, there is something that does not convince me about Ayu. Then I play the visual novel

But hey, it's a detail, I don't dislike it either, I liked it too much.

Just to put, this would be my preference;
- Shiori
- Mai
- Nayuki
- Ayu
- Kaori (Although really there was almost nothing, if I didn't put her ahead of Ayu xd)
And now, Makoto no, no mms maybe as a sister but not even to choose her as an option
May 17, 2023 10:05 PM
Feb 2021
That was certainly an ending. Not really the best all things considered, but not too bad. This way it kinda felt like everyone had a role to play in the ending, which was nice. Wasn't as intense of an ending as I expected though, kinda felt a bit too happy. Though, I guess its alright to have a happy ending when a lot of pretty sad shit was happening for the entire show. Still, idk, there always felt to be something missing from this show towards the end. I liked Ayu's arc a lot though, all things considered. I still think Mai was my favorite though.
Aug 9, 2023 12:09 AM
Aug 2023
Oye viejo es una copia de clannad
(Translated)Hey old man it is copy of clannad
Aug 14, 2023 5:55 PM

Nov 2010
It's too bad they went for a cop-out ending. There was so much tragedy and melodrama, but everyone lived in the end, and only the fox died. I was expecting a bittersweet ending after all that happened.

I like Makoto's arc since I love animals, and what she did to be with him was so lovely, and it was a bittersweet ending.
Mai's arc was interesting because of the twist.
The rest, I was disappointed. I was prepared to score this higher if Akiko, Shiori, and Ayu died. Make the melodrama worth it!
Oct 27, 2023 2:12 AM

Jan 2015
so we got a happy ending. don’t think it suits the overall atmosphere it set up till now, but I’ll take it. it was kind of weak tho. Some of these characters needed to die.

Overall great series. Makoto’s arc was the best one imo. Its conclusion was the most well done. Not saying it went downhill from there, but Makoto’s was just way too good
XenocrisiOct 27, 2023 2:15 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.