Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2014 1:06 AM
Dec 2013
I reckon Chitoge has a little soft spot for Raku ;)
Too bad Raku is completely into Onodera hehehe

Though i like chitoge better
UchihaJan 19, 2014 1:17 AM
Jan 19, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2012
Not as nice as ep.1. 7/10.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 19, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
lightXTC said:
Everything about this show screams GENERIC, LACK OF ORIGINALITY, CLICHED, MUNDANE, BEEN DONE ALREADY, and yet I'm still watching this. The allure of Shaft animation and HanaKana does weird things to you....

Saying this with a NouCome avatar is priceless.
Jan 19, 2014 1:19 AM

Mar 2012
Thank you Onodera for making shit complicated for no reason. Now the typical love triangle is bound to happen. The humor didn't appeal to me as much as it did in the first episode and the story is OK at best so far : / Guess I'm just getting bored of all this love triangle anime >,>
Jan 19, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
I like how people call RomComs generic but they dont call generic mindfuck anime or generic teenager punching other teenager anime generic.

Priceless.
Jan 19, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, I'm still not used to the animation but at least they're loyal to the manga.

I liked the ED.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
It's not the animation that is wierd. It is the direction.

Like most of Shaft's anime the animation is super crisp and fluid. The Direction is wierd because it's made by Shinbou.

I'd rather see Shaft make a weird romcom than watch JC Staff copy paste Toradora for the 5th time.
Jan 19, 2014 2:14 AM
Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:
I like how people call RomComs generic but they dont call generic mindfuck anime or generic teenager punching other teenager anime generic.

Priceless.

Most shows have at least one or two unique ideas that set them apart from the crowd. All I'm getting from Nisekoi are things that I've seen in other shows. That's fine if it's written well, but it's too early to speculate on that.

SolviteSekai said:

Like most of Shaft's anime the animation is super crisp and fluid. The Direction is wierd because it's made by Shinbou.

I'd rather see Shaft make a weird romcom than watch JC Staff copy paste Toradora for the 5th time.

So...you don't want to see a studio use it's own style? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.
Jan 19, 2014 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:

Priceless.

Most shows have at least one or two unique ideas that set them apart from the crowd. All I'm getting from Nisekoi are things that I've seen in other shows. That's fine if it's written well, but it's too early to speculate on that.

SolviteSekai said:

So...you don't want to see a studio use it's own style? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.

MC has a locket from a girl he met as a kid.
MC is the heir to the mafia.

Two things that aren't in every other anime.

Also Shaft's style has nothing to do with the subject of the anime. Shaft has made romcoms before.

Why do people who don't know shit about anime constantly insult anime?
Jan 19, 2014 2:26 AM
Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:

Priceless.

SolviteSekai said:

Also Shaft's style has nothing to do with the subject of the anime. Shaft has made romcoms before.

Describing something doesn't equal insulting. Insinuating that I "don't know shit about anime" is.

The "childhood memento" is a somewhat common romantic trope. And being the head of the mafia isn't that different than being the head of a corporation/really rich and powerful in some other way.

I was asking what you meant in your comment about JC Staff.
Jan 19, 2014 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
Still pretty iffy on the way the animation is. The whole Sayonara/Bakemono thing was just something I never imagined Nisekoi using.

Nice episode anyway, we'll see how it goes from here.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 19, 2014 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:

Priceless.

SolviteSekai said:

Describing something doesn't equal insulting. Insinuating that I "don't know shit about anime" is.

The "childhood memento" is a somewhat common romantic trope. And being the head of the mafia isn't that different than being the head of a corporation/really rich and powerful in some other way.

I was asking what you meant in your comment about JC Staff.

Please name more than one other romcom where the MC is the leader of a business or the mafia.

Also, JC Staff fucking makes the same romance anime every time the make a romance anime.

Shana, Toradora, Golden Time, Sakura-Sou. Its all the same shit.

MC meets girl but theres other girls and he never actually does anything because hes a complete fucking moron.

Shaft at least made this interesting.
Jan 19, 2014 2:41 AM
Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:
Please name more than one other romcom where the MC is the leader of a business or the mafia.

Also, JC Staff fucking makes the same romance anime every time the make a romance anime.

MC meets girl but theres other girls and he never actually does anything because hes a complete fucking moron.

I do agree that the visuals are impressive and that they added a bit of flair to an otherwise average first and second episodes.

At the moment the only other romcom I can think of that has somebody as a leader of a powerful organization/conglomerate is Ai Yori Aoshi with Kaoru, even though (as far as I know) he doesn't actually become the head of the family. This trope seems to be more common in pure comedies than in romcoms.
Jan 19, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:

I do agree that the visuals are impressive and that they added a bit of flair to an otherwise average first and second episodes.

At the moment the only other romcom I can think of that has somebody as a leader of a powerful organization/conglomerate is Ai Yori Aoshi with Kaoru, even though (as far as I know) he doesn't actually become the head of the family. This trope seems to be more common in pure comedies than in romcoms.

I won't deny that this show is fairly generic.

But it would be a thousand times more generic if it was made by JC Staff or Kyo Ani or A-1.
Jan 19, 2014 2:45 AM
Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:
ZodiacBeast said:
SolviteSekai said:

I won't deny that this show is fairly generic.

But it would be a thousand times more generic if it was made by JC Staff or Kyo Ani or A-1.

I never really pay attention to visuals that much so I've never thought about that before. But you're right that when I think of "anime style" the first thing that pops into my head is JC Staff so it's what I expect from most anime nowadays unless it's something like Kill la Kill.
Jan 19, 2014 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
JC Staff doesn't have much of a style. They just find generic romantic comedy light novels that are similar to toradora and ad lib in the names.
Jan 19, 2014 2:53 AM
Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:
JC Staff doesn't have much of a style. They just find generic romantic comedy light novels that are similar to toradora and ad lib in the names.

JC Staff have done several shows that I like so I'm OK with a couple of them. It does feel weird that they did Azumanga Daioh knowing what they focus on now.

I don't have anything else to add to the discussion so I'll just stop here.
Jan 19, 2014 2:58 AM

Aug 2013
I'm seriously loving this anime.
Jan 19, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2013
Any anime in which the MC has more potential girlfriends than the viewer is both a harem and generic.

Anime fans are so jealous they wont even let cartoon characters get laid more than them.
Jan 19, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Chitoge holds the key to my heart.
Jan 19, 2014 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Any anime in which the MC has more potential girlfriends than the viewer is both a harem and generic.

Anime fans are so jealous they wont even let cartoon characters get laid more than them.

lol. by that nonsensical viewer-derived standard most anime with ONE potential girlfriend for the MC becomes a generic harem for a lot of anime fans...
2 love interests is a triangle, more than that is a harem. easy.

anyways i think the general lack of any romantic progress in the majority of anime says more about the laziness and unoriginality of the writers and anime industry itself than it does about viewers.
Jan 19, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
thedryness said:

anyways i think the general lack of any romantic progress in the majority of anime says more about the laziness and unoriginality of the writers and anime industry itself than it does about viewers.

A lot of stories tend to play it out as if once the MC chooses a girl, it's all over. It feels like a lot of the manga/anime out there forget that there is an AFTER once the couple gets together like dates, more progression, intimacy, and even in some cases marriage. That being said, there are a few like Itazura na Kiss that go beyond that which I applaud for. On the harem side though it is very rare to see anything beyond the MC finally choosing someone. (Otherwise it becomes open-ended)
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 19, 2014 5:49 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, Onodera needs more screen time, she's just way too cute. Only reason I'm watching this is because of Onodera because the manga doesn't have any progress in the story at all and I'm still reading it because of her. ^^'
Oh..and my guess about the last episode is..the last episode will be that Romeo and Juliet play.
3/5 for the episode.
NuviJan 19, 2014 6:24 AM
Jan 19, 2014 6:57 AM
Nov 2013
SolviteSekai said:
DawnJ said:
SolviteSekai said:

shaftfag alert.

Not necessarily a shaft fag, just someone who is tired of JC Staff making light novel romcom adaptations with the exact same plot.

For someone who is tired...

Shana in your list has an 8 for both Season 1 and season 2. Sakura-sou has a 9. Toradora has an 8.

I'll excuse Shakugan no Shana season 3 since that is being weird and I'm having a hard time gathering myself to actually watch it.

But for someone who is speaking in such a negative tone and for someone who is so tired of it, they're all still ranked high. Except for SnS3 and Golden Time (that isn't in your list.)
Edm1321Jan 19, 2014 8:04 AM
Jan 19, 2014 7:38 AM
Jul 2013
I don't mind if this series have been shafted or what-so-ever what important to me most is that my favorite manga got a series and so far the adaptation doesn't disappoint me.
Jan 19, 2014 8:07 AM
Dec 2011
Endcard by Ueda Hajime *-----*
http://i.imgur.com/ARDOXP7.jpg
Jan 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
much much better than the first ep!
pew pew pew
Jan 19, 2014 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
Shaft ftw!
Onodera and Kirisaki was cute this ep :)
Jan 19, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
I like this show. :)

It's pretty cliche, but still pretty charming, would be the word I'm looking for. I like the characters. While Chitogi Kirisaki is a standard tsundere, I still like her character. Something about her feels fresh. Same about Ichijou too.

But in the end, it's Shaft that is carrying this show for me. If this was made by J.C Staff, I would have dropped this. They would've probably made this look like Sakurasou, and I didn't really like that overly cute & generic style. This has a bit of an edge.
Jan 19, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
I don't think this anime is for me....i give up.

Drop.
Jan 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Feb 2013
Chitoge looks really good in this episode. Great visuals again, nice episode.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jan 19, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
I still don't like the voices because they don't fit the characters to the way I imagined from the manga.
Except for Chitoge's voice who I am getting used to and loving.

Her "darling" act is so freakin' cute!
And for some reason I'm not...feeling the anime, it feels weird to watch it when I know the whole story from the manga, I don't know why.
Jan 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
waalex11 said:
I still don't like the voices because they don't fit the characters to the way I imagined from the manga.
Except for Chitoge's voice who I am getting used to and loving.

Her "darling" act is so freakin' cute!
And for some reason I'm not...feeling the anime, it feels weird to watch it when I know the whole story from the manga, I don't know why.

Well, that's the feeling most of the manga fans feel for any anime adaptation. You know the plot, less fun. I agree on Chitoge, voice being perfect match makes her even better.
Jan 19, 2014 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Chitoge is an hardcore tsundere xD

Awwwn, I'm rooting for Onedara but I don't know why, I have a feeling that her she has not the right key for the right lock. On her key, there is a cross at the end and we see on the end card Chitoge with a different key, which mean that Onedara must be not the only one possessing a key.

The date was funny. I like those two stalker clan. Seeing the Yakuza go so sweet after they hear that their master had a girlfriend was hilarious :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
Well my hopes went down, I just found out this is only getting 11 episodes, its gonna be totally rushed, was hoping for a 2 cour.
Jan 19, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
sonicgx11 said:
Well my hopes went down, I just found out this is only getting 11 episodes, its gonna be totally rushed, was hoping for a 2 cour.

Where did you read it?
Jan 19, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
The animation style was less impactful than in the first episode
I hope the story remains so ..
_________

o estilo de animação foi menos impactante que no primeiro episodio
espero que a historia se mantenha assim ..
Jan 19, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
Here is the link, I wish I could translate but I can't

http://www.hmv.co.jp/fl/48/471/2/?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=raa000000c0

sherlock5545 said:
sonicgx11 said:

Where did you read it?
Jan 19, 2014 1:11 PM
Nov 2009
Typical shit in RomCom animes where they can't just tell the other person the truth xD

Still funny though and Onodera is pretty damn cute!

Seriously Raku should just give Chitoge the D coz she may be bitchy but I'm feelin that she'll get more character development. 5/5
Jan 19, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty funny episode. So far im loving this show.

Also does anyone know where that little flute track that plays at the end comes from? I know it's an obscure question but it's catchy.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jan 19, 2014 3:15 PM
Oct 2013
getting the feeling that Onodera doesn't even have the real key, seems like its a fake or just the wrong one. i really wanted to rule that thought out of my mind because she doesn't seem like the type of person who would lie to get what she wants, but hey love makes you do some crazy things
Jan 19, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
sonicgx11 said:

sherlock5545 said:
sonicgx11 said:

Where did you read it?

i think this is just blue ray sales? there is no where stated how many episodes are on each dvd?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jan 19, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2011
I like the ED, but I'm not sure Touyama Nao is good for tsundere roles. Her voice doesn't have that kick to it. Ah well.

HanaKana Onodera is great. And dose pet names.
Jan 19, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2009
employees of the shaft should be the immediately fired for what they did with nisekoi. This piece of junk from episode to episode looks less and less, where each chapter of the manga is getting prettier and funnier. IMO 1ep rating - 3/10, 2ep - 2.5 / 10 Shaft smal how to make good light comedies, let go back to the novel to film Nisio Isin, and never again let not affect the typical comedic manga.

comparing the anime and Manga, anime is not even 30% of how funny it owns the manga. They cut all the funny scenes from the manga and made ​​them crappy pictures in the anime.

Sorry for my broke english
KuroGaJan 19, 2014 5:12 PM
Jan 19, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
i think the style fits great and so the show looks very unique. nice episode and a great ending.
Jan 19, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Urek said:
sonicgx11 said:

sherlock5545 said:
sonicgx11 said:

Where did you read it?

i think this is just blue ray sales? there is no where stated how many episodes are on each dvd?

so far for the blu ray there are 4 volumes

vol 1= eps 1-2
vol 2= eps 3-5
vol 3= eps 6-8
vol 4= eps 9-11

Hopefully there are more episodes because i don't want this to be rushed
sonicgx11Jan 19, 2014 8:12 PM
Jan 19, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2013
More of that shaft stuff - cutting to araragi's ahoge/chitoge's hair ribbon sticking up, slides with words flashing quickly in the beginning, and sometimes showing pictures of real life things.
Jan 19, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
A lot better than the previous episode. Still kind of cliche and lame but not too bad.
Jan 19, 2014 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
Shaft/10. It went full Shaftstyle now, and I like it!
Great episode. Loved the "fake date". Chitoge it´s too cute! ♥
Jan 19, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
Very funny episode. Kirisaki saying darliing is too damn funny for me. It was sad though that they removed some parts that were supposed to be funny and were just presented as still images. Oh well. Can't have it all.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.