Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2009 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Definitely a introductory episode for 22 which I hope is better. I felt as though nothing happened and it went by extremely quickly. Also was a bit confusing when Kyoko was going over Mio's story in her head when she couldn't answer why Mio hated Mizuki.
Mar 9, 2009 1:03 PM
Mar 2008
I'm confused. Wasn't there already a discussion thread for ep 21?
I think I even posted in it.
Iliked this ep though.
I don't think Kyoko will have to give up the role. She'll come up with the correct answer in the last second, or even if it's too late, she'll convince them to giver her the role back :D
Mar 11, 2009 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
thyella said:
Wasn't there already a discussion thread for ep 21?
I think I even posted in it.
Perhaps it's because of the crash?
thyella said:
I don't think Kyoko will have to give up the role. She'll come up with the correct answer in the last second, or even if it's too late, she'll convince them to giver her the role back :D
This is always how Skip Beat does things... Kyoko ftw!! Liked this ep ^-^ I pity the director... he IS the director yet other people seem to just boss him around... awww...
Mar 12, 2009 5:18 PM
Nov 2008
Overall I liked the episode, but as someone who has worked in the theater, I have to say I found the character of the director to be pretty unbelievable. No director I've ever worked with would put up with such blatant disrespect of their authority, particularly over something which is really more about the actor's ego than the show, no matter what Ms. Iizuka claims. If it's been twenty years and she hasn't been able to move beyond that one role, then I would say she's the worse for it. Also, wouldn't she have to have been an rookie at that time as well?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to comment though, Kyoko will come out in the end, she IS the hero after all. I have to say though, it says a lot about the quality of this show that I keep watching it even I find parts of it unbelievable or insulting.
Mar 13, 2009 9:19 AM

Jun 2007
question to people who already read the manga to volume 17 or whatever.
did they skip volume 9 or 10 or whatev cause i read the manga after I watch the episode to the part that I saw up to and i get the feeling they skipped ro something?

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆
Mar 14, 2009 4:05 AM

Aug 2008
If the Dark Moon arc is still at the beginning can they really finish it in 4 more episodes?
Apr 2, 2009 7:50 PM

May 2008
Yay, Sunako Nakahara incarnated xD
Jun 19, 2009 4:52 AM

Apr 2008
Stupid old hag. Kyoko as Mio was great. And what was with all those questions about Mio ??...ridiculous :/
Jul 11, 2009 1:04 PM

Feb 2008
midori- said:
question to people who already read the manga to volume 17 or whatever.
did they skip volume 9 or 10 or whatever cause i read the manga after I watch the episode to the part that I saw up to and i get the feeling they skipped or something?

yeah, they're skipping some things. mainly so that they can get to a good cliffhanger by the end of the season. hopefully they'll cover the missing material in OVA's or something.
Sep 29, 2009 6:50 PM

Sep 2008
When she was going over Mio's story in her head, I got sooo confused. o___o
Dec 13, 2009 8:28 AM

Aug 2008
stupid old biatch x_______X
Jan 9, 2010 8:01 PM
May 2008
Acting = Seriouz Biznezz

Seriously though, good episode. I like the progress the characters are making together relationship wise.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 5, 2010 1:12 AM

Oct 2008
Waa, Iizuka is a bitch.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 3, 2011 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but the background for the story was pretty confusing ... even after reading the manga I'm still a bit confused X_X
May 6, 2011 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
Zuzeca said:
Overall I liked the episode, but as someone who has worked in the theater, I have to say I found the character of the director to be pretty unbelievable. No director I've ever worked with would put up with such blatant disrespect of their authority, particularly over something which is really more about the actor's ego than the show, no matter what Ms. Iizuka claims. If it's been twenty years and she hasn't been able to move beyond that one role, then I would say she's the worse for it. Also, wouldn't she have to have been an rookie at that time as well?

I find that weird too, I know he's weak willed or something but I mean for a director to be bullied like that in his own set is to me like a king being insulted in your face in your own royal court. About Iizuka, I don't care if she played that part 20 years ago, her reputation be damned, she can't just walk around and order people around just like that! :P

Looks like I'm not the only one confused by the story of the Dark Moon. I hope the next episodes will clear things up.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2011 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
lol what bullshit, that former actress doesn't have the power to kick Kyouko out. And the director should have stepped up more. It's a shame everyone has their own insecurities around this project.

Kyouko will pull through though, I know it! :3
Nov 8, 2011 11:23 PM

Mar 2011
I love this series, but I seriously hate how every character that comes across Kyoko is either stuck up, or just hell bent on ruining her career. I know these characters are what make up a good anime, but I'm just so tired of seeing bitchy characters in like every episode.

Here's to hoping that Kyoko rises to the occasion and shows that bitch that she can do Mio's role LIKE A BOSS! ^__^
Mar 5, 2012 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
Watta bich.
Oct 7, 2012 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, this previous Mio really is intense. I understand where she's coming from though. This drama seems to be really good. I like it already.
Nov 6, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
tofei said:
Zuzeca said:

I find that weird too, I know he's weak willed or something but I mean for a director to be bullied like that in his own set is to me like a king being insulted in your face in your own royal court. About Iizuka, I don't care if she played that part 20 years ago, her reputation be damned, she can't just walk around and order people around just like that! :P

Looks like I'm not the only one confused by the story of the Dark Moon. I hope the next episodes will clear things up.

So, you guys REALLY don't think there aren't directors out there who get pushed around by actors, etc? You've got to be kidding me. A good example is Sam Raimi being forced to put in Venom in Spiderman 3, which is a character he apparently didn't care for, by his producer.

I agree, however, that the previous Mio is doing more harm than good here. After all, it's going to be hard to do a fresh and different take, when you have your predecessor breathing down your throught and presumably bitching at you for changes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
The old bitch is an eyesore, somebody shut her up.

Apr 21, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what is she going to do now? I'm sure she'll get it with an epic comeback! I just wonder how her role will play out in the end! Lets see what's next!
Nov 18, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2009
great episode :D

so Ren did dated a lot of girls XD the President of LME is such a spy!!

so Dark Moon is the name of the story. i wonder if the story does exist in reality ^^

Kyouko is really acting like her "Mio" character!

i'm glad she took the role in order to experience more acting roles as well as Ren's acting ability first hand ^^

that Iizuka lady is such a rude old hag. seriously it's been 20 years now, no one's even asking you to come back or anything.

Kyouko will definitely pull this off, especially when we saw her change of personality during Shotaro's gig.

last 4 episodes!! why is the series soo short!!! T__T

we need season 2!!!
Apr 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
This is just setting up another Kyouko victory. She's going to flip her villain switch and everyone going to be like O__O!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 3, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
Dafuq is wrong with that bitch? If I was the director, I would fire her instead for going in a full powertrip and contesting the orders. Can she just go fuck herself?

Of course she would get the role of the evil girl :P
It's in her nature! That's why we loves her!

We already know that she's gonna do that role anyway. Maybe Ren will go in her defense? He can be kind of rude with arrogant people.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
alice-chan said:
Stupid old hag. Kyoko as Mio was great. And what was with all those questions about Mio ??...ridiculous :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2017 1:44 AM

Oct 2012
Kyouko, not all ojou-sama is pretty and laughing "Oohohohoho" like that

Actress with high-priide like her made me want to crush her pride into pieces :P
It'll be the most satisfying thing I do

Anyway, Kyouko.. no matter what is her role.. She seems to be one with the wig xD
"Signature removed"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.