Forum Settings
Forums

Discuss tv shows you are currently watching or plan to watch

New
Pages (34) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2014 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
I dunno about zoknimano, but I started out with the US remake, and to fill in my Shameless thirst until season 4 aired, I started the UK version. I'm currently on season 5 of the UK version.

Both are great, but I do prefer the American remake a little more.
Jan 15, 2014 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Are you guys talking about the american remake or the original Shameless? I just looked it up and found out there are two versions.

i want to ck it out but my entertainment budgeting is tight. maybe later this year? thats the beauty of HBO, Showtime etc. online.

Just finished 3rd season of Homeland after binge watching the first 2 seasons
Jan 15, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2009
The UK version of Shameless is on Netflix(first 9 seasons), and the full series is on Hulu+, if you can afford them.
Jan 15, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
Due south
Jan 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
The UK version of Shameless is on Netflix(first 9 seasons), and the full series is on Hulu+, if you can afford them.

gah, i wonder how long netflix will keep Shameless on? Too much to watch...
Jan 15, 2014 5:59 PM
Dec 2013
Supernatural, Law and Order, the fresh prince of bel-air, The Cosby show, that's so raven, and old cartoons like spongebob are the only shows that I watch.
Jan 15, 2014 6:49 PM
Apr 2010
Currently watching:
Person of Interest
Arrow
Hannibal

Wanting to watch:
Game of Thrones S4
Downton Abbey S5
Mad Men S3, 4, 5 and 6
House of Cards (2013) S2
Zutbatman: The animated series

I'll probably get around to watching Suits S3 sooner or later.
NiN10d0hJan 15, 2014 6:59 PM
Jan 15, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2011
Blacklist.

Waiting on new season of:
House of Cards
Suits
Jan 15, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2010
True Detective Pilot was definitely good, gonna be following that one for sure.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 16, 2014 3:10 AM

Jan 2014
Nothing atm, only anime occupies my free time.
Jan 16, 2014 10:11 PM

Mar 2013
Breaking Bad. Going to start season 3 a little bit after I get home.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 17, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2008
im still trying to finish the l word oh lord
Jan 17, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
Currently watching:

AHS Coven
The Carrie Diaries
Sleepy Hollow

Plan to watch:

Reign
Jan 18, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm,haven't watched anything aside from anime for a while. I guess I like Game of Thrones most nowadays, season 4 is coming.
Addicted to visual novels omgg
Jan 19, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2010
So, as promised a couple of pages ago I started Rome and The Shield a few days ago. While the first episode of Rome was pretty good I still felt like I wanted to try The Shield and when I did I immediately marathoned the first 6 episodes and I don't feel like watching anything else for now ^^. I guess my affinity is with the crime-genre after all. Definitely gonna watch a lot of The Shield now and probably gonna finish it before I come back to Rome.

Aside from that I'm still glad I picked up True Detective amd I'm also gonna watch the new Ultimate Fighter season. I'm not sure I'll stick with Almost Human which I picked up in Fall. It's not bad, it's just not capturing my attention all that much. I've also been considering to drop Person of Interest which has always been more of a guilty pleasure, but lately I've also been losing interest even though the episodes are still entertaining.
Jan 20, 2014 4:28 PM

Sep 2012
Finished season 3 of Red Dwarf yesterday, might start the fourth tonight, time permitting.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jan 20, 2014 5:16 PM

Jun 2010
RdfsSayNSlash said:

Supernatural

Dude, watch it. It's awesome. :333

Currently watching:
Supernatural season 9
American Horror Story season 3

Plan to watch:
Sherlock
Dexter
Tell the victims to kill eachother.
Jan 21, 2014 12:05 AM

May 2008
Just finished all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad.

going to start either Game of Thrones or Sherlock soon _(:3 」 ∠)_
Jan 21, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
So, as promised a couple of pages ago I started Rome and The Shield a few days ago. While the first episode of Rome was pretty good I still felt like I wanted to try The Shield and when I did I immediately marathoned the first 6 episodes and I don't feel like watching anything else for now ^^. I guess my affinity is with the crime-genre after all. Definitely gonna watch a lot of The Shield now and probably gonna finish it before I come back to Rome.

Glad you're enjoying it :).

Speaking of which, I got 2 eps left in season 1 of Sons of Anarchy.

Glad to see Sex Pun Bitch back. Best character out of the police force, sadly :(.
Jan 21, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
I'm planning to rewatch... Twin Peaks! dundundunnn

I didn't even watch it when it originally aired, but I still get nostalgia vibes from it. Something about it really hit me when I watched it late at night when I was ~14.

Even though it's pretty old show, David Lynch sure can do surreal/psychological horror well. I love it.
Jan 22, 2014 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
If I had a top 5, Twin Peaks would be there.
Jan 22, 2014 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Twin Peaks is in my top 5 too :)

Currently watching Community Season 5 & American Horror Story Coven.
Waiting for the return of The Walking Dead, and the second seasons of House of Cards and the Americans in Feb.
Jan 22, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Planning to watch:
Suits
House of Cards
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
Firefly
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 22, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
i havent watched a tv show in yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 22, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
crims0nBLADEZ91 said:
Arrow is great once you get past the first 4-5 episodes. Season 2 has a bit of a drop off but its still the best live action comic TV show out there.
It will get strong competition though when the Flash tv show comes out.
Jan 23, 2014 2:24 AM
Dec 2013
Currently Watching

Arrow (must watch its that fucking awesome)
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Game of Thrones
Elementary
Suits
The Originals
Tomorrow People
Agents of SHIELD
Teen Wolf
White Collar
Walking Dead (nearly dropped this show because the prison thing was getting boring as hell)
Beaty and the Beast
American Horror Story: Coven
NatsukimeJan 23, 2014 2:32 AM
Jan 23, 2014 6:53 AM

Apr 2009
Watched the Pilot for Orange is the New Black the other day. Reminded me of early Weeds(because later Weeds sucked), except less funny but better story.

Also finished season 1 of Orphan Black. Surprisingly underrated.
Jan 23, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
Among the many many anime that I am trying to juggle the one show I just caught up with is Game of Thrones. It's a fantastic show, I really can't wait for Season 4 to hit.
Jan 23, 2014 9:19 AM

Oct 2012
Poliisit :D
Jan 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
I read much praise for arrow. Should I check it out even if I don't really like traditional superhero stuff like Superman/Spiderman and the rest of the goody two-shoes?
Jan 23, 2014 1:34 PM

Feb 2012
The Walking Dead
Canada's Handymen Challenge
Jan 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Shark Tank
Dragons Den
and Honey boo boo.
That's all the television I watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 4:49 PM

Feb 2010
RdfsSayNSlash said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I read much praise for arrow. Should I check it out even if I don't really like traditional superhero stuff like Superman/Spiderman and the rest of the goody two-shoes?

Yes you should and he's more like batman.

Thanks, good to hear. Batman is the best superhero after all, unless you count stuff like Watchmen. Definitely gonna bump it on my priorities, though it'll have to wait until I finish The Shield.
Jan 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Oct 2011
Finished Rome's first season, and man what a depressing ending. I mean ok the baby is blameless, but fucking why? The 2nd season
Jan 25, 2014 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
Currently watching:

Supernatural
Doctor who
Merlin
Teen wolf
The walking dead

Plan to watch:
Sherlock(I'm planning on re-watching the entire thing next weekend)
American horror story
Hannibal
Breaking bad
Miss me?
Jan 25, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
About to finish Hatfields & McCoys. Great western mini-series, Paxton and Costner are excellent.

Started Justified. Far from being brilliant, but Timothy Olyphant is way too gorgeous... I couldn't care less about the series, it's pretty bland.

Dropped Revolution after two episodes. My God, what a generic pile of crap. I like Billy Burke, but the show is too useless.

Dropped Arrow after one episode. Life's too short for wasting time with mediocre TV shows.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jan 25, 2014 9:48 PM
May 2013
I'm rewatching one of my very favorite shows, Gilmore Girls. I lost my rips awhile ago in a harddrive crash, but I recently had a strong desire to watch the show again and couldn't find it again. So I've started buying the seasons on DVD. Usually shows don't have enough replay value for me to care to spendso much money on the DVDs, but Gilmore Girls is worth it, imo.
Jan 26, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2014
Game of Thrones,The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead.
Addicted to visual novels omgg
Jan 26, 2014 8:49 PM
Dec 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Definitely. I was a bit apprehensive at first but holy shit does this show pick it up after the first episode (caught up to the latest episode within a matter of days). Arrow is way more darker/badass in comparison to Superman/Spiderman and holy shit the stunts/fight sequences are amazing
Jan 26, 2014 10:53 PM
Jan 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

He's like Batman, but kills!
Jan 26, 2014 10:59 PM
Jan 2014
Currently watching:
Supernatural
Just finished season 3 of Sherlock
Arrow
The Following
Psych
Being Human
American Horror Story

Eagerly awaiting the return of:
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Sons of anarchy
Game of Thrones
Jan 27, 2014 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Started Justified. Far from being brilliant, but Timothy Olyphant is way too gorgeous... I couldn't care less about the series, it's pretty bland.

Too bad :(. I consider Justified to be one of the most unique shows I've ever seen, and the dialogue itself is great. Haven't heard banter like that since Whedon.

Also finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy. Overall it was pretty good, with the last 3 eps being awesome. Season 2' first ep disturbed me to no end, but I liked it nonetheless.
Jan 27, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2009
I'm really looking forward to the new season of Hannibal and Game of Thrones.
Jan 27, 2014 10:33 AM
Sep 2013
I'm currently watching Arrow. It's pretty good so far.

I plan to watch Breaking Bad and Dexter soon.
Jan 27, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
Mr7Beans said:

so which crime show should i start? the sopranos? shield? deadwood? prison break?
I'm kinda obsessed with those kind of shows :

I've finished all of the Sopranos, and as you can guess from my avy, I think it's a great show. Tony Soprano is one of the best characters on TV, and a candidate for my favorite character of all time. The crime aspect of the show is good, but it's the relationships formed within the family that make it so compelling. That and Tony's psych meetings.

I've also watched all of The Shield. It's much like the Wire, except it just focuses entirely on the cop side of things, from detectives like Dutch and Claudette who solve murders in every ep, to the corruption in the Strike Team(our main character's group), to crimes on the street involving patrol cops, Julian and Danny.

I've watched the entire first season of Deadwood a long time ago. I barely remember anything of it, but it is quite an original show, with good characters and brilliant acting. I plan to give it a re-watch soon.

I'm currently watching Prison Break, and have 6 or 7 eps left in the first season. The story itself is really good, but I don't much like most of the characters besides T-Bag and Michael. A bit overrated, if you ask me.

So yeah, I'd rec starting the Sopranos first :).
MagnumMiraclesJan 27, 2014 11:50 AM
Jan 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
i don't understand what happened to Deadwood. It was an amazing how. *off to do research*
Jan 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
MagnumBookworm said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Too bad :(. I consider Justified to be one of the most unique shows I've ever seen, and the dialogue itself is great. Haven't heard banter like that since Whedon.
The dialogue is actually one of the series' biggest problems, in my opinion. Some lines are so trite they literally make me cringe.
It's not comedic, it's not dramatic, it's not realistic, and it's not interesting. They put a charismatic character in a series that is not at the same level. In one word, I would define the authors, and therefore the series, lazy. If I wasn't a Timothy Olyphant fan, I would have already dropped it. Hopefully Deadwood won't disappoint me.

Regarding Joss Whedon, the only good thing he's ever made (again, in my opinion) is Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I do thank him for creating such an unique, clever and amazingly written series, but no, I do not consider him one of the best. Same goes, for example, to Richard Kelly: I love Donnie Darko, but everything else he made is atrocious.

Mr7Beans said:
so which crime show should i start? the sopranos? shield? deadwood? prison break?
I'm kinda obsessed with those kind of shows :
Prison Break is one of the best series ever made, and is severely underappreciated.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Jan 29, 2014 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
RenaPsychoKiller said:
The dialogue is actually one of the series' biggest problems, in my opinion. Some lines are so trite they literally make me cringe.
It's not comedic, it's not dramatic, it's not realistic, and it's not interesting. They put a charismatic character in a series that is not at the same level. In one word, I would define the authors, and therefore the series, lazy. If I wasn't a Timothy Olyphant fan, I would have already dropped it. Hopefully Deadwood won't disappoint me.

Regarding Joss Whedon, the only good thing he's ever made (again, in my opinion) is Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I do thank him for creating such an unique, clever and amazingly written series, but no, I do not consider him one of the best. Same goes, for example, to Richard Kelly: I love Donnie Darko, but everything else he made is atrocious.

Well, I'll agree to disagree.

Mr7Beans said:

and also about this show 'Hannibal', it has only one season so thought i could watch it and wait for the second season, is it good? and how scary it is xD?

I haven't watched any of it, although it seems to have quite a lot of praise. It's slow-burn mystery though, from what I hear, and quite creepy.
Jan 29, 2014 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
Last night I finished Red Dwarf.

Tomorrow I shall begin Metalocalypse.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jan 30, 2014 12:21 AM

Jun 2012
I'm catching up on House of Cards before the second season. Loving it, and I'm not even into politics.

If anyone is looking for a great TV show, watch Twin Peaks.... unless you've already seen it, then appreciate it.
получить деньги моего друга
Pages (34) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3385 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 2 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.