Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2020 1:48 PM

Dec 2016
I would certainly add Koisuru Asteroid. Its focus on learning about the beauty of the natural world via rocks and astronomy may be more scientific than most iyashikei, but it has the same goal of inspiring wonder and joy.
May 19, 2020 3:06 AM
Aug 2017
May 23, 2020 12:18 PM

Sep 2016

Hello, welcome to the club!

Personally I'd say that Manaria Friends is the one that fits the genre the most due to the atmosphere it has. My only complaint is the fan service scenes. Anyway, I'll add it! Interesting suggestion of Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan, there's just something about cooking and iyashikei that goes hand in hand (if done correctly). I haven't watched Danchigai, so I'll trust you on the suggestion.

As for the rest, they may be a bit too comedy oriented, so I'll put them on hold for now until anyone else agrees on adding them. Thanks for the list!

Moxanthia said:
I would certainly add Koisuru Asteroid. Its focus on learning about the beauty of the natural world via rocks and astronomy may be more scientific than most iyashikei, but it has the same goal of inspiring wonder and joy.

I haven't watched it myself, but the description you provided alone... Instant add, haha.

Oo, almost forgot about One Off. It certainly fits the genre!
Jun 23, 2020 2:54 AM

Sep 2016
CamiloJTM said:
Since 'Ascendance of a Bookworm' https://myanimelist.net/anime/39468 is on the Anime Relations of the club, I think the OVA https://myanimelist.net/anime/40841 and the 2nd season https://myanimelist.net/anime/40815 should be inclued in the Anime relations of the club and be counted for the Iyashikei Challenge aswell.

They've been added now.
Jul 25, 2020 10:32 AM

Sep 2018
Maybe I am wrong but I feel like the following would fit under this category:
Uchouten Kazoku
Sakura Quest
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World (probably the more recent remake as well, but I haven't seen it. It gets pretty dark but I still feel it certainly fits in )

I'll come back with more if I think of them, and I probably will
KristiwazhereJul 28, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 26, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2016
I just finished watching Long Riders! and I think it really should be listed here.
Sep 19, 2020 4:08 PM

Aug 2019
Please add.

Himouto Umaru-chan
Dec 18, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
not really sure about it, doubt it can really count as an iyashikei. But i definatly had some iyashikei vibes from Majo no Tabitabi
Dec 18, 2020 10:28 AM

Dec 2016
sandshark said:
not really sure about it, doubt it can really count as an iyashikei. But i definatly had some iyashikei vibes from Majo no Tabitabi

Yeah, no way is that iyashikei. It's not even slice of life. Adventure action show for the most part, and really does the complete opposite of appreciating the beauty of the world.
Dec 19, 2020 5:15 PM

Feb 2014
Agreed, not Iyashikei enough, still I feel Iyashikei fans will enjoy it :)
At least next season is going to be the bomb with yuru camp s2 and NNB s3
Mar 11, 2021 8:15 AM
Aug 2017
Found these really comfy manga series

Futari Escape
https://myanimelist.net/manga/130414/Futari_Escape
A deadline-plagued manga artist and her jobless senpai try their best to escape from the oppressiveness that is "real life"

World's End Touring
https://myanimelist.net/manga/130154/Shuumatsu_Touring
Two girls travelling on a vehicle in a post-apocalyptic world. Definitely Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou vibes.
Mar 25, 2021 12:00 PM
Jan 2011
I appreciate that you are restrictive with the additions, so the list doesn't get bloated with things that may not really fit.

I just watched Hakubo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34972/Hakubo
It may not fit though, the second half steers quite heavily into romance, but the first half has much of the iyashikei appeal.
Apr 12, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2017
Just a quick post:

Hi there, im the new mod in here. I will try my best to answer all the requests. Keep in mind that some may take more time because i have to watch the show you requested :)
Apr 13, 2021 1:38 PM

Dec 2016
kandi_gloss said:
Torradinhas said:
Just a quick post:

Hi there, im the new mod in here. I will try my best to answer all the requests. Keep in mind that some may take more time because i have to watch the show you requested :)

Yay, nice to know someone has taken the reigns, I was worried that this club had been abandoned. Though watching all the anime suggested sounds like a very time consuming way to do things.

Anyhow
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
if you were to go by the description you might think it's your average isekai, but it's actually a slice of life adventure about an anti-social girl in a bear suit and going around and helping people and making new friends. There isn't really much action and usually when there is it's fleeting, it's more a show about social interaction and friendship.

This show is super fast paced and comedy based with a fair amount of action involved . . . iyashikei is more about the meditative and reflective stuff and appreciation for the little things in life. Power fantasy isekai is not this, as wholesome and slice of life focused as it may be πŸ˜…
Apr 13, 2021 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
kandi_gloss said:
Moxanthia said:

This show is super fast paced and comedy based with a fair amount of action involved . . . iyashikei is more about the meditative and reflective stuff and appreciation for the little things in life. Power fantasy isekai is not this, as wholesome and slice of life focused as it may be πŸ˜…

have you even watched it? it's not that fast at all. I think you are letting the hate that everyone has for this show color things.

I watched eight episodes which is plenty. Whether I like it or not aside, this show does not fit the description of iyashikei. You're correct that in the grand scheme of things it's not a particularly fast paced show, but it's not iyashikei levels of slow in terms of taking the time to just admire the beauty of its world. You may disagree on that I suppose. The more important matter is that the show is focused on gags surrounding an overpowered MC and although the action isn't high octane, its central themes are quite similar to shows in the isekai genre at the end of the day (don't judge a book by its cover, those who have fun are the winners, and all that).
Apr 13, 2021 1:54 PM

Sep 2018
Moxanthia said:
kandi_gloss said:

have you even watched it? it's not that fast at all. I think you are letting the hate that everyone has for this show color things.

I watched eight episodes which is plenty. Whether I like it or not aside, this show does not fit the description of iyashikei. You're correct that in the grand scheme of things it's not a particularly fast paced show, but it's not iyashikei levels of slow in terms of taking the time to just admire the beauty of its world. You may disagree on that I suppose. The more important matter is that the show is focused on gags surrounding an overpowered MC and although the action isn't high octane, its central themes are quite similar to shows in the isekai genre at the end of the day (don't judge a book by its cover, those who have fun are the winners, and all that).

jesus christ, you win, i'm leaving this club

I am not gong to argue about this anymore, but here is the thing, this is a suggestion thread, not a debate thread.
You suggest things and the mods decide if it should be on the list or not
I didn't expect to be attacked simply for suggesting something that some one else might not like, if it doesn't fit the theme then the mods won't add it, you don't have to jump in and tear me to shreds like this is some troll thread on the main boards.

I'm not going to reply to you any longer.

(though no the show doesn't focus on gags, and even if it was there are other shows that are focused on gags on the list. Also not all iyashikei focus on "admiring the beauty of the world", that is only one specific subset.)
KristiwazhereApr 13, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Nov 2017
Time to reply some of the requests (from shows ive watched)

. The Eccentric Family: its more a drama and family relationship than anything else.

. Sakura Quest: coming of age.

. Kino's Journey: gonna put Elaina here too since some ppl like to compare those two: that one is close (more for Kinos Journey). Society and human behavior is more suitable for the show.

. Hotaru no Mori: yeah agree with that one.

. Hyoka: slice of life so probably not.

. La Maison en Petits Cubes: its a drama.

. Umaru-chan: no?

I dont read much manga so i cant help u with that KuroVigne, sorry :/

Didnt watch so be patient
. Long Riders
. Hakubo
. Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Feel free to dm me if u disagree with anything from this request topic. I dont use mal that much but i always update my shows when i finish in here (aka dont expect a quick answer).
Apr 13, 2021 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
kandi_gloss said:
Moxanthia said:

jesus christ, you win, i'm leaving this club

I am not gong to argue about this anymore, but here is the thing, this is a suggestion thread, not a debate thread.
You suggest things and the mods decide if it should be on the list or not
I didn't expect to be attacked simply for suggesting something that some one else might not like, if it doesn't fit the theme then the mods won't add it, you don't have to jump in and tear me to shreds like this is some troll thread on the main boards.

I'm not going to reply to you any longer.

(though no the show doesn't focus on gags, and even if it was there are other shows that are focused on gags on the list. Also not all iyashikei focus on "admiring the beauty of the world", that is only one specific subset.)

I'm not sure how you got the impression you were being "attacked". I apologize if it came across that way. And I wasn't meaning to debate but rather clear the air on what constitutes an iyashikei. It seems I've done a rather poor job of it though. To be honest, a large part of iyashikei is a sort of feeling the show exudes that's tough to explain. The easiest way to differentiate iyashikei from the rest though outside of this is indeed in its themes. No need to reply as you said you wouldn't anyway, but I just want you to know that I meant no ill will!
Apr 15, 2021 12:14 PM

Sep 2018
Torradinhas said:
Time to reply some of the requests (from shows ive watched)

. The Eccentric Family: its more a drama and family relationship than anything else.

. Sakura Quest: coming of age.

. Kino's Journey: gonna put Elaina here too since some ppl like to compare those two: that one is close (more for Kinos Journey). Society and human behavior is more suitable for the show.

. Hotaru no Mori: yeah agree with that one.

. Hyoka: slice of life so probably not.

. La Maison en Petits Cubes: its a drama.

. Umaru-chan: no?

I dont read much manga so i cant help u with that KuroVigne, sorry :/

Didnt watch so be patient
. Long Riders
. Hakubo
. Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Feel free to dm me if u disagree with anything from this request topic. I dont use mal that much but i always update my shows when i finish in here (aka dont expect a quick answer).

Sigh, never mind with Kuma Kuma Bear, I don't want you to waste your time, Moxanthia is probably right.

Also at the time I thought for sure Sakura Quest fit, but now I can see why it doesn't, there are certain episodes that have an Iyashikei vibe to it but the entire show isn't Iyashikei. I think I thought it fit because at the time because I was going by what was tagged as Iyashikei on other sites, which for some reason includes a lot of slife of life stuff like that which isn't really Iyashikei, same with The Eccentric Family.
And as far as Kino, I was a bit on the fence of suggesting that one since it's quite dark, but Mushishi is universally considered Iyashikei and it can get just as dark, if not darker. Also isn't a lot of Iyashikei about society and human behavior? Not that I'll be heart broken if it doesn't end up on the list or anything, just saying.
KristiwazhereApr 15, 2021 1:57 PM
Apr 20, 2021 1:55 PM

Nov 2017
Gonna wait for the guy who posted to say anything for now im not watching Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.

As for Kino it is very close. Since some of similar shows are in here im adding Kino too

Small update: didnt progress with Long Riders or Hakubo sorry, currently watching some old ovas, sorry :'(
Jun 14, 2021 2:16 PM
Jan 2011
I may not necessarily think Hakubo fits myself, you don't have to watch it, I just thought it was something Iyashikei fans should know about, and maybe consider.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for anime with iyashikei appeal that don't really fit. I might add Figure 17 to that, although I've only seen a few episodes and so far it's been split between iyashikei and action with horrifying monsters. If it stops doing the monster thing for the rest of the episodes I'd probably actually request it, but it seems unlikely, if it keeps its mix I'd recommend iyashikei fans to check it out with a warning, and if it stops the iyashikei just forget about it.
Jun 30, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2017
Thats a good idea FLokster im always interested in some not so popular show so feel free to create the thread if u want

As a quick update ive watched Long Riders and im not adding that. From the episodes i saw (dropped the show) feels more like a cute girls show and maybe sports later on

Adding Super Cub from this/last season, since Honda sent me money lol
Nov 21, 2021 11:56 PM

May 2016
Please add Honobono Log!

Edit: thought I'd explain it's plot a little. Well there isn't a plot to begin with. It's just a series of 10, two-minutes episode about lovely interactions between couples and family. It's really nice.
Dec 19, 2021 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
Isekai Shokudou S2, no explanation needed
Jan 28, 2022 5:44 AM
Dec 2018
Oh hello, new member here. I'm doing research about Iyashikei and interested in this club too. Some shows definitely give me healing effect with it's light comedy, slow-paced romance and wholesome elements. Here is a list of my suggestions;

- Isekai Shokudou
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
- Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
- Himouto! Umaru-chan
- Tonikaku Kawaii
- Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.
- Gabriel DropOut
- Maoujou de Oyasumi
- Princess Connect! Re:Dive
- Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Aug 26, 2022 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
Hello, I'm also a new member here, I'm not sure if this club is still active but I would suggest that these hidden gems are worth checking out for those who's looking for healing genre:

Zettai Shounen (Absolute Boy)
Hanada Shounen-shi
Petopeto-san
Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora (Someday's Dreamers II)
To Heart
Dec 29, 2022 6:31 AM

Feb 2011
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja has all the characteristics of a lyashikei: It's calm, relaxing, fun and enjoyable to watch. So I would love for you to include it on the list.

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/22359/Sanzoku_no_Musume_Ronja?q=sanzoku%20musume%20ronja&cat=anime

Jan 4, 2023 10:17 AM

Feb 2011
Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi:

A calm, funny, relaxing and happy romance!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/52173/Koori_Zokusei_Danshi_to_Cool_na_Douryou_Joshi
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is your favourite Iyashikei-esque music?

The_Real_Calluma - Jul 23, 2021

3 by Cioccolata »»
Jul 26, 2023 11:43 PM

» Best Iyashikei Anime Ever?

jacob0988 - Nov 29, 2018

22 by ijontichy »»
Feb 14, 2023 4:10 AM

» Iyashikei Short films, movies,visual novels and one shots

starshinesMonet - Jun 20, 2014

10 by starshinesMonet »»
Sep 4, 2021 9:42 PM

Sticky: » Iyashikei Challenge

Snap-san - Oct 21, 2019

1 by Robinne »»
Oct 21, 2019 11:47 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori

ZorroGuevara - Dec 1, 2013

4 by GinkoGames »»
Apr 25, 2017 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.