Forum Settings
Forums

Kodakawa bunko announced that they will publish a GOSICK 's sequel by the end of 2013

New
Nov 30, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2013
Source : http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/gosick/

Name will be GOSICK RED, and it will start being published on December, the 25th of this year (which is Victorique's birthday BTW).

It will feature Kazuya and Victorique in 1931 in Manhattan (so they'll be 21/22 years old) , after they started working as a detective agency.

A little synopsis :

"There is no mystery that the Gray Wolf Detective Agency can't solve!"

" 1931, New York. Victorique and Kazuya now live new lives as private detective and newspaper reporter. Victorique is asked to handle a case regarding a string of murders related to gangs, while Kazuya heads to a news coverage of a well-known psychiatrist famous for "curing the psychological traumas of (his) patients by using the essence of science". The mystery of the serial murder case lies in the fact that the scenes of the crime, the methods of killing used and the profiles of the criminals vastly differ from one another, while the psychiatrist utilizes the mysterious dream diagnosis for counseling. Before long, a link forms between the two cases, transforming into a dreadful conspiracy..."

(source of the translation is unknown).
Nov 30, 2013 11:13 PM

Aug 2012
I would love to read this. This is like my christmas present. Holy shiz
Dec 1, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Victorique is still my favorite female character in LN, so personally I'll buy it. Too bad the day of release will be 13 day after my next order from amazon, meaning that I'll get my hands on it months after its release.
Dec 1, 2013 8:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Didn't see that one coming, sounds awesome
Dec 1, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
They are married in this like the ending on anime imply right?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 1, 2013 8:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
They are married in this like the ending on anime imply right?
think that should be indirectly implied
Dec 1, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
The LN doesn't simply imply it, as it ends with a few pages in 1934 (so 3 years after gosick red btw) with Kazuya and Victorique Married and running that detective agency in Manhattan.

As for why they are in the US, it goes very well with the explanations of the second world war in Gosick (which is completely different of the 2nd WW in our world ) as well as the nature of Victorique, and so on. Those explanations are only given in the LN though, as the anime has a really different take in the last arc compared to the original work; so the meaning behind the war, who participated, who won, what happened to legendary beings like the Seirun tribe,why does the second Roscoe die and why does the hair color of Victorique change, everything is linked but that link is completely avoided in the anime.
ZefyrisDec 1, 2013 11:04 AM
Dec 2, 2013 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Victorique and Kujou is married and that's what I want to know.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 9, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2011
Zefyris said:
The LN doesn't simply imply it, as it ends with a few pages in 1934 (so 3 years after gosick red btw) with Kazuya and Victorique Married and running that detective agency in Manhattan.

As for why they are in the US, it goes very well with the explanations of the second world war in Gosick (which is completely different of the 2nd WW in our world ) as well as the nature of Victorique, and so on. Those explanations are only given in the LN though, as the anime has a really different take in the last arc compared to the original work; so the meaning behind the war, who participated, who won, what happened to legendary beings like the Seirun tribe,why does the second Roscoe die and why does the hair color of Victorique change, everything is linked but that link is completely avoided in the anime.

Would you kindly explain a little, please? I doubt I'll get my hands on the novel and I'd like to know exactly what I've missed having seen only the anime. Thank you!
Aug 13, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
Please specify which part I'm supposed to explain. Also, you can refer to that post :
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1248343
as well, and ask directly on that specific thread as well, I think it's better to regroup question about Gosick's ending in a single thread instead.
Aug 23, 2014 5:49 AM

Aug 2011
Zefyris said:
Please specify which part I'm supposed to explain. Also, you can refer to that post :
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1248343
as well, and ask directly on that specific thread as well, I think it's better to regroup question about Gosick's ending in a single thread instead.

K. I'll bring it up there. Thanks.

More topics from this board

» Need Help Finding Gosick Volumes

Ibune - May 24, 2020

5 by Ilfracombe »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:55 PM

» Does this end like the anime? ( 1 2 )

xsilicon9 - Aug 11, 2014

70 by Zefyris »»
May 21, 2021 11:34 AM

» English Release

Fang-tan - Jul 30, 2009

8 by CherryChan98 »»
Nov 8, 2012 7:21 AM

» Is Amazon a good site?

aoimotion - Jun 12, 2011

7 by Karhu »»
Mar 12, 2012 6:21 AM

» Which chapter of the novel matches the end of the anime?

aoimotion - Jun 13, 2011

2 by Faust721 »»
Jun 18, 2011 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.