Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 3, 2014 3:10 AM
Feb 2009
oh man shts about to happen gg
Jan 14, 2014 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
AMAZING I loved all of the music in this episode, Touma is a musical GENIUS!
Also, WHOA Setsuna and Haruki kissed! That was nice.

The drama is about to start...
Jan 31, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
hnnnng, cuteness overload, but I don't think all will be just happiness from now. After all, it's a love triangle story. I already predict that he will kiss Touma in the future and so both heart will be broken :P
I hope I'm wrong...

About the concert, it was really great. The second song was pretty cool, he rocked that solo. Also, dat sax... Dayum Touma, you're too great...
I liked the rivalty they created during the concert, it was well placed.

But I think we all have the same question... Why the fuck they didn't show the last son?!? It was suppose to be is ''big'' composition, his dream. I thought it would be an important moment so that they would show it...

Those outfit were hilarious. Setsuna was horny when she choosed them or what? xD
Touma looked like a S/M :P

About the scene between Touma and Haruki, it was good to see Touma open like that, but she missed her chance. Setsuna ''said'' during the concert that she would no longer hide her feeling, now Touma can only blame herself.

Personnally, I didn't mind who would/will finish with him. I think they both have a great chemistry with Haruki.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 1, 2014 7:51 PM
Oct 2013
Although this might be really late, I noticed that no one mentioned that in the music room, Touma was performing a piece titled Liebestraum no 3, by Liszt. I thought it was interesting, because Liebestraum translates to "lovedream" or a Dream of Love... and they keep talking about dreams... and Setsuna was saying that she doesn't want to wake up from this dream. Might just be a coincidence, but I thought it was pretty interesting.
Feb 7, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
Oh, so Setsuna did the first move eh? I vote for Touma thou, much more interesting character for my tastes!
Apr 9, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2012
Oh, it's the OP song of Tears to Tiara. The first song, White Album is really good. Poor Touma ;~;
Apr 18, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2012
This episode <3 Really nice development and man that kiss <3 I really wonder what happens next!
Jun 6, 2014 1:04 AM

Jan 2012
NOOOOO FUCK THIS

MY BEST GIRL TOUMA :(((((

I think it's interesting how nuanced Tetsuna's character is; the university/same degree stuff made her clingy to the point where I hope it hints that Touma's endgame. The girl never gets the guy first, right?! Maybe I'm just being delusional but omg no
Jun 16, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
What a fun episode up until the end. I'm so wishing we could have heard the last song though! D:

I feel really bad for Touma.... She ended up crying and even started shaking. Haruki's a moron unless he intends to stay with Setsuna after that kiss, especially after Setsuna's warning. (I mean, goodness, even if he wasn't sure, he could have dodged it for then until he had his thoughts/feelings sorted out.) Getting caught up in the moment is a bad idea. (Props to Setsuna for confessing, though.)

Psshheew. I almost want to drop the show here for the "happy" ending. I can already feel the drama coming like a train with the next episode. x.x

Best episode yet. Loved it.

Edit:

Ninah said:
I think it's interesting how nuanced Tetsuna's character is; the university/same degree stuff made her clingy to the point where I hope it hints that Touma's endgame. The girl never gets the guy first, right?! Maybe I'm just being delusional but omg no

I thought the toothbrush incident came across as far more jealous/clingy than the college thing. I mean, if he felt the same way as her (not sure whether he does), it's kinda natural that they would want to be able to spend more time together. Can't say for certain who'll get the guy, though. I'm leaning a bit toward Touma, but I might be wrong.
TripleSRankJun 16, 2014 10:14 PM
Sep 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
shit just got real. The love triangle is here! who will haruki choose?
Oct 24, 2014 8:44 PM

Feb 2012
Lol this totally sums up what i felt after watching this ep
TEAM TOUMA :c i really wanted him to dodge oh well...let da shit beginn

Barion-Zara said:
WOAH!! They friggin kissed!! O_O

Totally didn't expect him to accept the kiss esp after they showed him thinking about Kazusa when Setsuna told him he can dodge. Everything was hinting that he liked Kazusa more O_o?

U're totally screwed if u wanted to go after Kazusa now Haruki. That kiss after the promise is like a seal of eternity with Setsuna. I don't think he thought about it like that XD

And u'd be a total ass if u kissed Setsuna when u don't love her (which is I think is what happened)!!!

Still loved it. Setsuna was really beautiful and her straight forwardness is definitely commendable. She might've just got the win in her pocket because she made the first move like that ^^

Felt bad for Kazusa when they showed us her hat while they were kissing.

Loved the concert too. Sooo good!!! Wished we got to hear the 3rd song though :(

Well really good ep. The drama shall commence!! And again loved the kiss!!! The visuals were brilliant! <3
I'mma persistent little bugger ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La-LA-la- Nikka-kouhai reporting for duty! ^^ Ready to be anyone's imouto-chan >u<
Dec 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2012
So the romance drama begins!
Jan 5, 2015 8:19 PM

Dec 2013
nikasanyuu said:
Lol this totally sums up what i felt after watching this ep
TEAM TOUMA :c i really wanted him to dodge oh well...let da shit beginn

I really hoped that to be the case, too.
Feb 26, 2015 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
man I'm loving this series.. and I just can't choose between Touma and Setsuna!! >_>
Feb 27, 2015 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Literally started rolling my eyes when it cut to flashback and still frames during the performance to save budget. I'm actually starting to appreciate Sakamichi no Apollon more.
Apr 7, 2015 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
DoctorCaim said:
Literally started rolling my eyes when it cut to flashback and still frames during the performance to save budget. I'm actually starting to appreciate Sakamichi no Apollon more.

I agree. I was also sighing because they just couldn't let the characters play on the stage. The episode didn't need those damn flashbacks and it certainly didn't need all the pointless fucking commentary from the side characters.

And another thing that made the episode even fucking cheaper was that during that supposedly tender moment at the end they had to have fucking butt shot.

What a cheap show.
Apr 25, 2015 7:25 PM

Feb 2013
That mini concert was great! Setsuna's cover of White Album and Sound of Destiny was also great! It was half the episode. I don't mind. It was great!

Setsuna made her move! A kiss! No! Touma>Setsuna

I sense drama incoming.
Apr 28, 2015 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pleasant, but the narrative while remaining always interesting, is my favor in the second half of the story. Perhaps the intuition that I was right and now begins the best part of the story.
Drawings and animations sufficient, the Satelight not shine even this time for his work in this TV series
May 2, 2015 1:34 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Don't worry guys, tsundere always wins :D Good ep
Jun 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Cheese Album 2. Dude makes out with the school idol and the other girl is a tsundere chick with a huge rack. No wonder people love this anime.
devinderJun 6, 2015 2:26 PM
Jun 14, 2015 2:13 AM

May 2015
Noooooooo best girl can't lose. This episode was the best until the last like 2 minutes. Jokes aside i did enjoy this episode. I can't really understand how Haruki went from fucking up the chords to being able to play that solo in 2 weeks? I guess I will just deal with the magic of anime. I enjoyed the concert though, and the end definitely had the feels. Tsundere = best girl = win. Touma > Setsuna
Nov 8, 2015 12:28 PM

May 2012
damn, dat kiss, i can sense the drama coming
Nov 21, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 2010
Wow.

Selfish bastards didn't even give Takeya any credit for all that programming work he did for their performance. They should have brought him on stage when they were introducing everyone from the band. That's seriously messed up. He's part of the club and part of the band.
Nov 27, 2015 2:58 PM

Sep 2015
Touma best girl :'(
Dec 23, 2015 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
Amazing episode but fuck.. I don't like where this is going for Touma.

Feb 18, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
shotgunjesus said:
Wow.

Selfish bastards didn't even give Takeya any credit for all that programming work he did for their performance. They should have brought him on stage when they were introducing everyone from the band. That's seriously messed up. He's part of the club and part of the band.
Yeah, I didn't like how they didn't credit or include Takeya, like damn the band is not only the three of you, y'know.

Also, Im sorry but I just can't root for Setsuna. Touma all the way.

Mar 14, 2016 6:32 AM

Mar 2015
I completely expected him to end up with Touma because she had more conflict and drama moments, deeper personality and more screentime.

They'd very well stick with this pairing and not switch love interests anytime soon. How could they do this.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 24, 2016 11:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Setsuna moved in for the kill. Wonder what will happen to Touma now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2015
Poor touma , this is me when my ship fails

Nov 6, 2016 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
Oh yes!!! Rooting for Setsuna all the way here!
That aside, I really loved Setsuna's outfit this episode.
Now that the concert is over, onto the serious drama (I'd assume)!
May 5, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2010
Oh shit, Setsuna continues being super-pushy o_o I can't even blame Haruki that much, I mean one of the hottest girls in the school pretty much takes her panties off for him, wow.

She clearly has some issues, I can see this going School Days route, only maybe without any yanderes getting invloved.

Other than that, concert was awesome, loved the music they were performing <3 And these slutty outfits were kinda disturbing, I wanna know if real school would actually approve this :> Also, what the hell, the programmer guy, Takeya, put a lot of work into this shit, and you won't even mention him? That's just rude :|
Sep 2, 2017 6:54 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Ehh... poor Touma. I think the protagonist likes her, but he couldnt refuse to kiss Setsuna T_T
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Dec 12, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was so good I am actually bummed that we could not hear their original song...I wish they had included that too...that kiss was very much unexpected
Apr 3, 2018 11:45 AM

May 2016
Damn I wanted to hear the op on the stage, so the first kiss goes to Ogiso.
Apr 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2017
Omg Haruki just impregnate them both already, they want it so bad. Good thing he manned up and kissed Setsuna instead of wimping out. Time for the catfighting and melodrama now I guess. Harem ending would be ideal here.

Aug 28, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2018
so it begins... I guess
Oct 21, 2019 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
im just here to comment on dmjii cameo

Oct 24, 2019 7:25 AM
Oct 2019
This must be the work of an enemy stand!
Jul 13, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
Kinekuri said:
im just here to comment on dmjii cameo

Looking back at it, maybe White Album 2 was either
1. the near future of the world that the Symphogear girls were able to protect
OR
2. an alternate universe where the likes of Relics, Annunaki, and Divine Power never became prevalent.
Aug 16, 2020 2:44 AM

Aug 2014
What I understood is that Haruki after concert on that chair talking to Touma he was talking about flower Touma and friend Setsuna. He was interested in Touma from the start even before knowing she is the piano prodigy.

I did not expect Setsuna to be so bold ;o I think that as Haruki is very strong character and it was Setsuna taking advantage of situation not the first time, then in the end he will choose Touma (for the plot twist) as it is not over yet!
I thought he won't be going out with any of them but here it is... maybe it is better that way.
It is a little unfair and sad that they both love him and only one can be with him :(

I am happy that the concert was not the end of the anime as it was pointed out in the first episode :)

I am worried about what Setsuna said that she can't afford to wait... her parents are very strict about what she does... I do start to wonder if she isn't sick on something that cannot be cured?
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 16, 2020 3:09 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 27, 2020 2:43 AM
Jul 2019
And so it begins. Episode 1-7 is just the appetizer, after this is the main course.
Mar 7, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2015
why are the girl dressed like that but not the boy lol
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jun 29, 2021 11:24 PM
Nov 2018
I still hate fanservice tho,
I think the Onsen part is absolutely out of place.
Am I the only one? that thinks Haruki and Setsuna's kiss scene is ripped out of School days energy?
That kiss feels like It came out of random hentai lol.

John_Smith_MALJul 2, 2021 7:46 AM
Jul 1, 2021 6:32 AM

Feb 2021
John_Smith_MAL said:
So it started from here, all of my negative for this show.
;
The ending part of this episode is truly bullshit,
That kiss does not make any sense at all; like what the fuck?????
We were told that week ago, he did not even know who Setsuna is. And the show always constantly, simultaneously depicts Setsuna relations and her position in these relations between her and her friends, Touma and Haruki. Even my 1000 years old grand grandfather from the planet Saturn realizes that Setsuna is the late third wheel in this relation. The show makes it so abundantly crystal clear from the fucking beginning of the show. And now you tell me that this was a lie, It is my fault for misunderstanding this relation??????? Even 3 years old kid won't buy that. It just a super awkward plot twist that ruins all the goods this show has done to me. It is cringy, It is disgustingly cheap writing, It is pure bullshit.
I thought this is the better of Your lies in April
But it was a lie,
This shit is Domestic girlfriend x School days in disguise for the entire time.
This is like the same level of Darling in the Franxx 's bullshitness.
I have lost all my positive impressions of Haruki, moreover changing Setsuna's character from pure good to annoying idiot.
I know the show wants to change its tone but the cohesion and shifting are just so bad that everything after it has no value at all.
Why you did this to me, god I want to cry. I want to love this show by all means but I can't accept it. This show failed me, I am really distressed at this point honestly.
Nonetheless, the last episode broke me like a train , I am dying. 8/10

I'd argue that if the show affected you so deeply, it did its job both remarkably well and exactly as intended. You're not supposed to be happy after watching this, you're supposed to have a crater in your chest. There's a reason most people will recommend you have something pointlessly and mundanely cheerful ready for you to watch once you reach "White Album 2 Depression"...

All 3 main characters are deeply flawed, and yet not unrelatable.

The anime is based on a VN by Leaf, and only its first ("Introductory Chapter") of three chapters. Understandably, not everyone who watches anime would enjoy that experience. I'll cover this next part with a spoiler, and just say that if if you'd like to "heal" your impression of the story a bit, the follow-up chapter ("Closing Chapter") is a step in the right direction for that. There's also a project, Todokanai TL, that is translating the entire VN from Japanese to English; currently the IC and CC are translated - though CC has some big flaws in its translation - and according to their Discord server they're releasing a big update this summer with a faithful rework of CC and (at long last) a full translation of Coda, the final chapter. http://todokanaitl.github.io

Jul 1, 2021 8:03 AM
Nov 2018
HatTrickPatrick said:
John_Smith_MAL said:
So it started from here, all of my negative for this show.
;
The ending part of this episode is truly bullshit,
That kiss does not make any sense at all; like what the fuck?????
We were told that week ago, he did not even know who Setsuna is. And the show always constantly, simultaneously depicts Setsuna relations and her position in these relations between her and her friends, Touma and Haruki. Even my 1000 years old grand grandfather from the planet Saturn realizes that Setsuna is the late third wheel in this relation. The show makes it so abundantly crystal clear from the fucking beginning of the show. And now you tell me that this was a lie, It is my fault for misunderstanding this relation??????? Even 3 years old kid won't buy that. It just a super awkward plot twist that ruins all the goods this show has done to me. It is cringy, It is disgustingly cheap writing, It is pure bullshit.
I thought this is the better of Your lies in April
But it was a lie,
This shit is Domestic girlfriend x School days in disguise for the entire time.
This is like the same level of Darling in the Franxx 's bullshitness.
I have lost all my positive impressions of Haruki, moreover changing Setsuna's character from pure good to annoying idiot.
I know the show wants to change its tone but the cohesion and shifting are just so bad that everything after it has no value at all.
Why you did this to me, god I want to cry. I want to love this show by all means but I can't accept it. This show failed me, I am really distressed at this point honestly.
Nonetheless, the last episode broke me like a train , I am dying. 8/10

I'd argue that if the show affected you so deeply, it did its job both remarkably well and exactly as intended. You're not supposed to be happy after watching this, you're supposed to have a crater in your chest. There's a reason most people will recommend you have something pointlessly and mundanely cheerful ready for you to watch once you reach "White Album 2 Depression"...

All 3 main characters are deeply flawed, and yet not unrelatable.

The anime is based on a VN by Leaf, and only its first ("Introductory Chapter") of three chapters. Understandably, not everyone who watches anime would enjoy that experience. I'll cover this next part with a spoiler, and just say that if if you'd like to "heal" your impression of the story a bit, the follow-up chapter ("Closing Chapter") is a step in the right direction for that. There's also a project, Todokanai TL, that is translating the entire VN from Japanese to English; currently the IC and CC are translated - though CC has some big flaws in its translation - and according to their Discord server they're releasing a big update this summer with a faithful rework of CC and (at long last) a full translation of Coda, the final chapter. http://todokanaitl.github.io

I agree with you White album totally got me.
It is just my salty complaining. The fact is I am totally embracing that dumbness already.
After re-thinking for an entire day I realized that WA2 has left an impact on me that I didn't even aware of. After rewatching it again, I think I love it.
Yes, I still hate the flaw and the cringy writing style but it is not that big of a deal compared to what the good thing the show has done.
I am starting to accept its flaw, I think yesterday I am just too salty that I was going full-blown nick picking mode.
I think the reason I was super salty is I am currently super busy but I just want to heal my exhaustion and stress with good romance anime.
I thought White album is just a cute romance show so when I watched the first 7 episodes I absolutely love it so when the tone changed My feeling was completely exploded and it turned me very very salty. I like them very much, I just want them to be happy. This show is a tragedy for me. I just so depressed that my cognition miserably fails, I regret that honestly.
Now I am thinking to give it 9/10 with my guilty pleasure spotlight.
I get why some people hate this show but the reason other people hate it makes me love it more and more. I think My tastebud is just growing shittier, Or maybe White album2 is just a genuinely amazing show for someone like me. I can relate to this show, like too much. Watching Touma is like watching myself honestly ( I am virgin tho)
My bias just wants to give it 9, it is dumb but I think I love it somehow.
I think the show really genius in building characters' relations It manages to hook me so hard that made the 2nd cour my absolute nightmare and completely destroy me in the end. I love visual novel adaptation, it always left me sinking in the void of emptiness feeling.
Sometimes I just want something to destroy me; White album 2 was killing me and becomes my worst nightmare.
John_Smith_MALJul 2, 2021 7:49 AM
Aug 18, 2021 11:33 AM
Aug 2021
well this is the episode
the point of no return
shits bouta heat up bois

the music really is nice though
Cabbage_CatAug 18, 2021 11:45 AM
Feb 13, 2022 9:26 PM
Oct 2016
It's obvious that they smashed in that Piano room after that kiss or why else would she want to keep the room with the lights off.
Feb 11, 2023 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
And they didn't show them singing the original song. I hate it when they hype something and then don't show it in the end.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 16, 2023 9:55 PM

May 2019
lol i loved how the dense boy was like a little kid "and we could enhance the power of friendship! and then have more friendship fun! and zapt we 3 could..."

and finally Setsuna:

"CUT OFF THE BULLSHIT AND DO ME NOW!"
Apr 7, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2018
Setsuna knew Haruki couldn't reject her, she knew he would just accept everything, as Haruki felt responsible for her, especially because he was the one who actively sought her out since the very beginning, made her join the club and shared his dreams and goals with her; Setsuna fell in love with him, but also didn't want to be left out because she knew since the beginning the true love of Haruki was actually Kazusa and she wanted something genuine for her as wel, something like Kazusa and Haruki have, so she trapped him, and he fell for it. I can't blame Setsuna though, she's an incredible character, just like a real person. Their promise and this kiss sealed their destiny, the three of them will be bond to each other by nothing but pain and suffering. This is such a difficult situation for Haruki too, he loves Kazusa, he worships and admires her, but he's very careful about it because he thinks she doesn't feel the same way, and at the same time Kazusa thinks Haruki loves Setsuna and fears being rejected, but the thing is he also loves Setsuna, but much more like a father or a brother would, he cares for her and wants to protect her and make her happy, so how could he reject her? 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.