Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2013 10:15 PM
Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a shady guy with a talisman/air freshener saved them
Jan 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
Coke is bad.
Another episode with funny moments.
Hopefully the anime spices things up a little.
It's mostly monster of the week episodic.
Aug 3, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
This episode had the best laughs yet XD

Jul 16, 2015 5:47 AM
Aug 2012
good episode filled with some dramatic moments-very adult and sad
Feb 23, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2014
Jennifer Love-Hewitt searching for her career in that tunnel in Japan?!? So that's where she's went to,LOL.
Hahahaha-can you go bomb an abortion clinic!?!
OMG and they keep going with jokes... LOL, LOL, LOL!!!
jakovFeb 23, 2016 1:29 PM
May 24, 2016 11:34 PM

Feb 2010
It was hilarious but I kinda want to watch the sub for this one. Seemed like a good and sad story. I love those.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 26, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2009
Intro=....Evangelion o.o'?
felt like it at first with them sirens going off _xD

bwahaha- if only those construction workers wouldn't be around to fuck everything up _x3

"I am a taxi-driver ma-an~~"

ohh, next episode is about Dolls eh =w=......?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 5, 2017 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Hajime reading the sign was funny but the rest was fairly meh
Sep 1, 2017 7:35 AM

Feb 2015
One of the weakest episodes. Not even the comedy could keep the episode's plot from getting boring.
Apr 22, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2017
I thought this was a good episode for the dub. From the start with the banter between construction workers, the dub sounded like whatever they felt like saying. Pretty good fit despite the unconventional writing.
May 8, 2018 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
I was SO relieved to hear his tests came back negative...

...damn, dirty prostitutes!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 12, 2018 10:45 PM

Aug 2015
The dub is firing on all cylinders this episode.
Dec 30, 2018 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
Probably the funniest episode for me and no matter how interesting it seemed, sadly this episode seemed to lose the actual plot in the dubs humor and antics.

I loved the jokes about not being able to read Japanese and calling it Chinese.. what a dub. That and the construction worker jokes were the most I've laughed at the series so far. If you squint it kinda looks like somethin, you're here and you're an idiot.. but it kinda does. And, the whole sister scene where that guy was overly creepy and there was a long pause and the driver was like "I know you're gay".

I also loved how we got to see the kids imaginations as they smashed their own grave stones! It was so short but so charming. Go go Godzilla!

I guess despite how funny this episode was it didn't hold together plot wise for what I would say is the first time in the series. The first time I would wager the dub didn't make for a better episode, at least in some ways. I can extrapolate that the dad died in the tunnel and his spirit didn't leave and the lady we saw at the end was his daughter all grown up going to his grave, but, the way that breaking their tombstones worked and the way it turned him nice after he was the one to drop them off in the tunnel anyways was completely lost in the dub, to me at least. The kid in me really likes to understand who the ghosts are and how they get beaten, that jogger kid and the ghost who only has power if you're scared of it were my favorites.
Apr 12, 2021 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Probably the funniest episode for me and no matter how interesting it seemed, sadly this episode seemed to lose the actual plot in the dubs humor and antics.

I loved the jokes about not being able to read Japanese and calling it Chinese.. what a dub. That and the construction worker jokes were the most I've laughed at the series so far. If you squint it kinda looks like somethin, you're here and you're an idiot.. but it kinda does. And, the whole sister scene where that guy was overly creepy and there was a long pause and the driver was like "I know you're gay".

I also loved how we got to see the kids imaginations as they smashed their own grave stones! It was so short but so charming. Go go Godzilla!

I guess despite how funny this episode was it didn't hold together plot wise for what I would say is the first time in the series. The first time I would wager the dub didn't make for a better episode, at least in some ways. I can extrapolate that the dad died in the tunnel and his spirit didn't leave and the lady we saw at the end was his daughter all grown up going to his grave, but, the way that breaking their tombstones worked and the way it turned him nice after he was the one to drop them off in the tunnel anyways was completely lost in the dub, to me at least. The kid in me really likes to understand who the ghosts are and how they get beaten, that jogger kid and the ghost who only has power if you're scared of it were my favorites.

Yeah some of the jokes were still funny but i today i was watching ep 12 and thought damn man what made me think this wasn't that funny and today i remembered it was ep 10 - the stories get back on track but this episode i had no idea what the point was

i agree i thought the jogging one was one of the best to for the fact it was both funny and actually still a good told story and redemption and all that

but also i had no idea that that was his daughter, i thought it was his wife or something, so yeah the dub totally lost the story this episode and the comedy suffered a bit for it as well because its not too funny to just have jokes when you're not hooked to the story because you're not as attentive and its not as out of no where as per usual lol

Still this dub is fucking fantastic total 10 material and ive seen the comparison episodes there are things changed but i think as long as they keep the story more or less the same it really does add to it, the jesus girl and the others still really get some good development when you think about it and the cat being snarky is greatness
Jul 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Jun 2020
Satsuki said:
Go bomb an abortion clinic
wow so inspirational
Sep 1, 2022 3:48 PM
May 2022
lmao probabloy the best one yet
Oct 16, 2022 6:38 PM

Jun 2008

Cool episode anyway.

Apr 10, 2023 3:41 AM

Nov 2022
story was good on this

Jun 9, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
First actual chapter that isn't just comedy
Dec 25, 2023 11:42 PM
Sep 2022
dub is a masterpiece 69/10 would watch and recommend again
Feb 4, 7:16 PM
Jul 2013
LOL at GTA3 tunnel reference and construction workers
Feb 7, 1:02 AM

Oct 2010
Not a bad episode, a few laughs here and there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 19 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

28 by Zewerr »»
Feb 5, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.