Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
aHersheyBar said:
-MgZ_ said:
BARBARA?!

I liked the episode. Tada x Koko development keeps increasing.

I'm suspecting Linda to be Tada's ex-girlfriend.. Hmm..

The forest scene showed another side of Koko. It's supposed to be the highlight of that part so it's only natural they'd focus on it :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2011
Romcom of da season right here
Oct 17, 2013 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
aHersheyBar said:
-MgZ_ said:
BARBARA?!

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.

Oct 17, 2013 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
I thought the MC was pretty plain, but that amnesia reveal made him a bit better. Really liked the dialog between Tada and Kaga. Especially when he used the disappearing sentence metaphor to compare his amnesia to. Great episode!
Oct 17, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
Mikenzb said:
aHersheyBar said:
-MgZ_ said:
BARBARA?!

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.

best romcom anime for this season i think ^^
Oct 18, 2013 12:44 AM

Jun 2013
Decent episode.

Btw , Banri mistook Linda as Barbara. Is there any Barbara mentioned ? or he's regaining his memories and actually he had a past connection with Barbara ( Linda , somehow perhaps she is acting like another person ).

Anyway , I would love to see just how would Banri and Kouko be a couple. They're perfectoooo. Plus , I do hope Banri's amnesia to play a great part in the show , that would be sugokku niceeey !
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 18, 2013 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
Kouko Heart: 10% Captured by Tada Banri
Kouko Heart: 90% Captured by Yanagisawa Mitsuo

Yes progress has been made!

Oct 18, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Mormegil said:
Next week's episode: Nana?

Exactly what I was thinking.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 18, 2013 2:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cults are scary!

Is that girl at the end the one who saved him from the stampeding clubs? And does he know her from before?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 18, 2013 2:13 AM

Nov 2011
The moment i saw the necklaces and matching sweatsuits i was jokeing "haha i bet that club is really some cult" then they went cultmode and it started getting super creepy. I have to say ,that Banri made winning move by stealing the contact info sheets:D
Oct 18, 2013 2:24 AM

May 2010
So banri has amnesia, he sacrificed himself for others; he is a nice guy. All I can say is... OTP(?) but I like him with Linda as well... Loved how Kaga told him about his motive, she is a nice girl in the end and I am starting to acknowledge her love for Mitsuo. This sure has gotten great, the plot amd the characters are developing nicely.

"Barbara" "It's Linda" xD

I love that ending song, another one of my favs this season.

I spot Chinami x Mitsuo in the preview of next episode, hohoho
Oct 18, 2013 2:59 AM

Mar 2013
This anime is getting progressively worse, and I'm starting to lose patience. I'm probably only going to give this one more ep before I decide whether to just drop it entirely.

The worst part of this episode by far was Tada and Koko's forest "heart to heart". Tada's becoming a worse friend to Mitsuo by the second. He's not only actively trying to get his friend to care about Koko, after Mitsuo explicitly told him he wanted nothing to do with her for very good reason, but he's feeding Koko a ton of bullshit too. If he honestly believes Mitsuo would just turn around and fall for Koko then he's a grade A moron, and if he's just trying to make Koko feel better then he's a grade A moron too. There's no reason you'd say that - he hardly knows this girl anyway, except for the fact that she's rich and stalks his best friend.

In this scene, Koko also admits to manipulating Tada. Does Tada care? Apparently not. Yet more proof that he literally doesn't know her. He's so incredibly blasé about this that it's painful. She set off enough warning signals anyway by being an obsessive stalker, but now he's being manipulated into the stalking regime and just smiling and going along with it. This isn't a friendly fucking get together, Tada, you stupid prick. You should be listening to your friend, not the neighbourhood creep.

Then Koko goes on to say that she has no reason to live without Mitsuo. That she probably feels she'd die if she couldn't continue to creepily invade his personal space day in and day out. There is nothing romantic about this at all. This is a signal that, yes, Koko definitely needs help. But Tada, for fuck's sake, that help is not day trips and meetings in coffee shops - she needs professional help. Her emotions are so out of whack, and she literally allows herself to be dictated by a guy she knows ignores her but apparently "can't let go of". Convince her to invest in a shrink, please. She seriously needs one. She isn't going to become a better person if you do nothing but reward her for this behaviour simply because you think she's pretty. That's shallow and fucked up. Saying she "shouldn't do things to upset him" is like saying "you're not stalking him well enough". Stop it, Tada. Did your amnesia just make you turn into a fucking idiot instead of a blank slate?

I don't know if I can bare this anime. If it doesn't improve next week, I'm out of here and good riddance.
Oct 18, 2013 3:05 AM
Jan 2011
Let me see, I guess this is the part that the 2 have no idea that they joined cult and after escaping they ran into Linda, I think the spoiler here is that they'll end up joining Linda's club and Kaga will be doing that CI3PO thingy.
Oct 18, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2008
Look at some of these TL;DR's that try to be all analytical but absolutely fail.

The facts of this episode are this: The first half was fucking boring but inconsequential. The entire series is not going to be like this.

The 2nd part was where the first part lead to and was key in developing some rapport between the two that will lead to romance.

Straggy your post makes me want to throw up, no offense. Koko being overly in love with Mitsuo is the point of this series, this is an anime not real life and it's meant to be a bizarre and quirky aspect of her... there will be no "shrinks" necessary for the woman as this woman does not exist in real life.

Goodbye Straggy and don't let the door hit you on the way out. It is quite clear that some of you (not naming names) are not seasoned ANIME romantic/comedy veterans, or even worthy to be called newcomers of anime in general for that matter... maybe this isn't the medium for you brother u2srs

As for the amnesia that is pretty cliche to just throw out there but it is just the plot device that will make her pay more attention to him and start to notice him more than Mitsuo.
AnistylezOct 18, 2013 3:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Oct 18, 2013 4:08 AM
Jun 2013
Swiftstylez said:
Look at some of these TL;DR's that try to be all analytical but absolutely fail.

The facts of this episode are this: The first half was fucking boring but inconsequential. The entire series is not going to be like this.

The 2nd part was where the first part lead to and was key in developing some rapport between the two that will lead to romance.

Straggy your post makes me want to throw up, no offense. Koko being overly in love with Mitsuo is the point of this series, this is an anime not real life and it's meant to be a bizarre and quirky aspect of her... there will be no "shrinks" necessary for the woman as this woman does not exist in real life.

Goodbye Straggy and don't let the door hit you on the way out. It is quite clear that some of you (not naming names) are not seasoned ANIME romantic/comedy veterans, or even worthy to be called newcomers of anime in general for that matter... maybe this isn't the medium for you brother u2srs

As for the amnesia that is pretty cliche to just throw out there but it is just the plot device that will make her pay more attention to him and start to notice him more than Mitsuo.

I normally browse through posts but your rebuttal of Straggy's post made me read it and laugh.

On a side note people like Koko do exist in real life, they're just not very common. Watch 5cm per second if you want a male perspective on the hardships of letting go.

With regard to Staggy, I believe Banri wasn't specifically encouraging his friend to enter a relationship with her, rather faulting him for completely ignoring her, thus causing her to feel isolated.

If you took the scene in the forest at face value then you completely lost the meaning of the scene in regards to her character deveolpment.
Oct 18, 2013 4:11 AM

Mar 2013
Swiftstylez said:

There's a difference between quirky over the top character types and just plain creepy. Anime or not, she's an obsessive creep of a stalker. This anime's teaching people that it's ok to stalk others so long as you really love them and it's bullshit.

Arilix said:
With regard to Staggy, I believe Banri wasn't specifically encouraging his friend to enter a relationship with her, rather faulting him for completely ignoring her, thus causing her to feel isolated.

Mitsuo said he didn't want to. That's his choice and Tada should stop pressurising him, why is this hard to understand? He's literally making Mitsuo feel guilty for wanting to have nothing to do with a girl that stalked him his whole life. He literally had to cut ties with his family to try to get away with her and she still followed him, all whilst people told him he should be glad about that. Would YOU want anything to do with a creep like that that claims to be in love with you but completely disregards your feelings? That's not what love is - love is wanting them to be happy. She just wants him and that is obsession.
sakaOct 20, 2013 3:05 PM
Oct 18, 2013 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
This is really entertaining, not expecting this when I was debating whether to watch episode 1. It's too early to call it a gem of the season, but right now this is definitely the show I am looking forward to every week since I've already read the Kuroko no Basket manga up to the latest chapter.
Thoughts on show: Haha, that religious sect. I knew something was up once all of them came out of the van in a uniform, but not an occult group. 2D-kun had more balls than I thought, lol. Kaga is showing to be more likable now, but I am not jumping on the anti-Mitsuo train just yet, I still believe that her stalking was totally way out of control and Mitsuo was right to try to avoid her. Banri is your nice-guy MC, but his heroics that saved the other people in this episode made me like him (I generally am neutral towards the nice-guy MC)

Straggy actually has a very strong point. Although I like the anime and want to continue to watch it, I'm definitely not jumping on the anti-Mitsuo or pro-Kaga ship due to same reasons as him. Look beyond his dislike for the anime, people.
ClawViperOct 18, 2013 5:50 AM
Oct 18, 2013 5:49 AM

Nov 2010
Not bad. i wonder when will they fall in love or something happens between them. hmm.
Oct 18, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2009
Was that Osaki Nana in the next episode preview?? Reminds me of her :)
Oct 18, 2013 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
Well religious cult isn't so bad... could have been much much wore. The moment I saw two white vans, matching sweat suits, necklaces and asking to put your personal info on that paper I would be like "Oh I just remembered that I have to go to my stepfather's half-brother's nephew's wedding today! Soooo sorry" lol.
Oct 18, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2010
WHY is this comedy anime suddenly taking a drama turn? No, please, stop it! T___T
Tada's having amnesia is just out of the blue. Not sure if it goes well with all we've seen so far, but ok.
Oct 18, 2013 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
I;m really impressed by this anime . Tada having an anmesia is a nice plot twist , this explains why his character seemed boring to me .

5/5 , defenitely worth watching .
Oct 18, 2013 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
BARBARA??? LOL.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Totally did not see the whole "mysterious religious cult" twist they did, I wonder if that's actually common in Japan.

Nice development between Kaga x Tada, it seems she was just using him to get closer to Mitsuo but it seems that at least part of her wants to get to know Tada too.

Drama up ahead, I like where this is going.

Full blog post and screencaps.
Oct 18, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode, seeing Tada's character development and Kaga feeling lonely without Mitsuo. Kind of like a drama episode so I think there are more serious aspects to it and about Tada's amnesia. Oh yeah can't stop listening to the ED song pretty catchy.

Oct 18, 2013 12:22 PM
Oct 2013
Does anyone else get the feeling that after this episode there is the possibility that Linda used to be affiliated (dunno what sort of relationship tho) with tada before he lost his memories.
Oct 18, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2008
Did not expect a cult.
Oct 18, 2013 2:07 PM
Oct 2010
Onbuu said:
The moment i saw the necklaces and matching sweatsuits i was jokeing "haha i bet that club is really some cult" then they went cultmode and it started getting super creepy. I have to say ,that Banri made winning move by stealing the contact info sheets:D

Those papers are sure to come back in some way, they focused to much on him taking those for just fodder. :)

Plus creepy cult.
Oct 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2012
2D-KUN FTW!!!!
That scene in the woods was nice, it just shows where both are, in terms of there feelings. Ones lost his memories, and the other just blidnly following someone (though i think she has a reason for being such a die hard stalker).
The whole believer thing was hilarious, though the moment i saw those pendants i knew they were part of some organisation.
Though with how it end, maybe they were just a festival group?
And heh, when he said Barbara at the end, couldn't stop thinking of the heroine from Henneko :)
Oct 18, 2013 2:46 PM
Nov 2012
I feel like this is the episode that will get you. I thought Tada and Kouko were really funny together and actually show chemistry. I like it a lot. I thought maybe that girl who showed up was an old friend and he called out a random name to pretend to recognize her.
Oct 18, 2013 2:50 PM

Oct 2011
My gut feeling that was a cult....

Phew Tada saved everyone but his story about his amnesia, I started to get some feels TwT. Also about how his current self would be gone if his past self were to ever come back to him. I love his current self but I do want know what his past life was like. Maybe they are the same? But I love dat Tada x Koko moment.

Could Barbara be his girlfriend from the past??

Once again his past will come back to him and then the drama/tear jerking moments will arise.

I want to see Tada and koko relationship to develop within these 2 cour season.
Oct 18, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
I did heard in some colleges in japan kidnap some students and brainwash the to go in to some religious cult.
Oct 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Oh okay... That was a surprisingly good episode. Best so far. I was fully immersed in their episode that it felt like 10 minutes instead of 20. We actually have some (somewhat) complex characters with their own conflicts. I like the MC a lot. He's not just some average harem boy. As for Koko, I don't dislike her anymore but I still find her a bit clingy on Mitsuo. Their relationship (Koko and Tada) is quite interesting and I want to see it develop! Also, 2D-kun is lols. Looking forward to next week's ep!

LOLOL Nana next episode! Yess~
Oct 18, 2013 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
NANA NEXT EPISODE? ahahaha.
Also, Linda for sure knew Banri before he lost his memories.I get that sad aura from her, like she wants to tell him something or idk.
Anyways, i want more :/
Oct 18, 2013 8:28 PM
Mar 2013
Apology said:
About 10 minutes talking, please. If not for the ending, I was asleep.

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

I feel all warm and fuzzy when I'm watching this. This Barbara spikes some interest in me.
Oct 18, 2013 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
CRadu said:
Apology said:

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

I feel all warm and fuzzy when I'm watching this. This Barbara spikes some interest in me.

I agree. I usually don't like long conversations but this was one worthwhile.
Oct 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Another good episode, thats for sure :D
Oct 18, 2013 9:08 PM
Mar 2013
mayukachan said:
CRadu said:
Apology said:

Are. You. Kidding. Me?

I agree. I usually don't like long conversations but this was one worthwhile.

I meant that I feel warm and fuzzy in general about this series, and not just that particular moment. It's written by Yuyuko Takemiya after all.
Oct 18, 2013 11:06 PM

Dec 2011
YukiKazuto said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that after this episode there is the possibility that Linda used to be affiliated (dunno what sort of relationship tho) with tada before he lost his memories.

Definitely getting that feeling, yes. Also if Banri took a year to recuperate, perhaps they were classmates or something. Or maybe they're osananajimi too.

Lots of strange things going on in that place, though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 18, 2013 11:21 PM

Nov 2012
Not a club,but a cult!

Kouko feels responsible and blames herself.

Banri really does have amnesia.But if he had to lose his new memory in order to regain his old ones,he'd rather not.

Banri and Kouko bonds abit in the forest.

Dat ending.

Not sure if the hints were very obvious or if it was cause I read some spoilers,but I'm guessing
Nana next episode,lol.
VanishingKiraOct 18, 2013 11:25 PM
Oct 19, 2013 12:33 AM
Mar 2013
VanishingKira said:
Nana next episode,lol.

Oct 19, 2013 1:00 AM

Oct 2011
At this point, I'm VERY tempted to drop this series. After learning that it was by the same author as Toradora... and judging by the opening, it's pretty clear that Main Dude is ONCE AGAIN gonna end up with the most insufferable bitch ever. I guess I'll keep reading the summaries on RandomC in case I'm wrong, but...

Seriously, I can't be the only one who hates Taiga with a passion?
Oct 19, 2013 1:39 AM
Mar 2013
crevette said:

Seriously, I'm the only one who hates Taiga with a passion.

You nailed it there.

And Kaga isn't even in the slightest bit similar to Taiga, so I can't understand you.
Oct 19, 2013 1:42 AM

Oct 2011
CRadu said:
crevette said:
And Kaga isn't even in the slightest bit similar to Taiga, so I can't understand you.

I never said they were similar, I just can't stand either of them.
Oct 19, 2013 2:36 AM
Mar 2013
crevette said:
CRadu said:

I never said they were similar, I just can't stand either of them.

Not directly, no. Please, neither Taiga nor Kaga-san are insufferable, nor are they any close to something resembling a bitch. Please, Internet-kun.
Oct 19, 2013 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
Its nice to see more development between Kouko and Banri :D
I'm going to stick with this series for now.
Oh those damn cultists :P
Always-HungryOct 19, 2013 3:41 PM
Oct 19, 2013 3:32 AM

Nov 2010
Wow that wasn't quite expected
A trip organized by a sect

Banri and Koko are getting close real quick
Oct 19, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2011
This episode has just confirmed my priority nº1 for this season.

5/5
Oct 19, 2013 5:33 AM

Oct 2009
Another great episode! A Cult!!! O.O lolz..
Didn't expect Tada to have such a background :o

I thought maybe Linda was he's gf from back then due to some scenes in the last episode but then who's Barbara?
Oct 19, 2013 5:37 AM

Nov 2012
well.. that was a trip lol.. a hard trip..
and.. in the end.. who is that girl? :O
btw.. looks like something happen with koko and banri in the past :3
and it is really suprising that banri has an amnesia.. :/
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.