Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2012 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
I'm with everyone here. Soon as Ushio said "Because it's the first toy my daddy got me" I just couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

Throughout clannad and AS I've had to hold back tears MANY MANY times. I was strong enough to hold them back enough to just get watery eyed.

But this episode.. I just couldn't hold it back anymore. Not even Nagisa's death ( Who I extremely loved as a character ) was able to let my tears fall ( Though it got close ).

Just well done by the writers/directors/animation team.
Mar 4, 2012 4:56 PM

Apr 2011
I remember when I watched this... Beautiful.
Mar 8, 2012 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
It's a masterpiece. The best episode ever. Clannad is the first anime that make me cry especially After Story and of course, this episode.

In the previous episode, we knew that Tomoya does't care about ushio athough she is his own daughter. Its so sad, if i start thinking that ushio is a cute and innocent and yet His own father doesn't care about her.

In this episode, its even more sad to me. As a child, ushio doesn't know why his father like that. Ushio also trying to be close to Tomoya. But Tomoya doesn't even care.

But, this is the best emotional scene from After Story (in my opinion) when Ushio wants her robot toy to be found no matter what, "Because this is the first thing that dad chose and bought for me"
In that scene my tears were almost fall, but i hold it.

Because that, Tomoya realize his mistakes, in the past five years, its his first time as her father to give her a gift. Ushio then tells Tomoya that she is sad and want to cry, "Sanae-san told me, if you want to cry, the place where you can cry is in toilet.. and on daddy's arms" and afterwards ushio cried on Tomoya's shoulder and Tomoya said 'Sorry' over and over while cried. You know? Start from this scene i just cried till this episode ends and not noticing it. After i cried, i rewind this episode to this scene and watch it again. Although i also cried when Tomoya cried trying to tell ushio about Nagisa(her mother).

This just show me how a lot of emotional this episode has. And I'm sure i will show this anime to my child in the future. But i wonder, when Tomoya start thinking about nagisa again, in the nagisa's death scene, when nagisa's hand is still in Tomoya's shoulder, she didn't wearing her wedding ring. But when her hand fell, The Wedding Ring is on Nagisa's ring finger. Let me know if i'm wrong :)

"Nagisa, I found it. I Finally found it. Something only I can protect. The precious thing only I can protect. It was... Right here.." :'|
Mar 10, 2012 10:38 PM

Nov 2010
best episode so far, really heart touching. :)
Apr 2, 2012 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
Handkerchief business owes Key and KyoAni a big favor. I can't watch more today or I'll die of dehydration. 55/5
Apr 17, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2011
Just watched it again. This ep never fail to makes me cry like a baby
Apr 24, 2012 1:34 AM

Feb 2012
Son of a bitch.......

This episode. I remember watching this for the first time.
Caught me off guard especially the flower scene.

Never cried for a show before. Wow.

I wish I can restart again without knowing what's going to happen.

First time is always the best.
Apr 24, 2012 3:14 PM

Oct 2009
Omg this ep just sent me into tears! Now I know why it's one of the top ranked anime on mal! So heart warming!
Krayzel said:
PharaohSauron said:
I was on the verge of tears again throughout the entire episode, but the moment that really got me was when she basically said "It was the first toy you got me... Daddy."

And thus, the dams burst. Talking about Nagisa on the train got me as well.

Same moments for me, that was so touching...

That's the part that got me! Seems to have struck a part of my inner future fatherhood. IMO, This is by far one of the most moving scenes in all of anime. Actually not even just anime, but out of every work on the planet!
"First thing from daddy" - Absolutely beautiful! T.T
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 18, 2012 7:33 PM
May 2012
This is one of the few series that actually made me tear up.
*SPOILER*

The death of Nagisa and the fact that they revisit the time spent with her is incredibly tragic. One of the strongest aspects of this series is the characters, and you really draw a connection to them. So when she died (even though it was spoiled for me before), I got emotional hah. And of course, the notorious train scene. Bravo, Clannad, for destroying my soul.
May 31, 2012 7:35 PM

Jun 2010
Being a little overgenerous to Tomoya's dad, I thought. Maybe we can appreciate that he tried his hardest, but calling him "great" is a bit much.

Was Sanae forbidding Ushio from crying unless she was in the bathroom or hugging Tomoya supposed to be part of her plot to get Tomoya to reconcile with being a father? That was a bit risky, wasn't it? What if it didn't work? Ushio would end up pretty repressed.

I'm also a little surprised at where the series stands at the end of this one. Doesn't everything seem settled? What could the remaining episodes be about?
FronzelJun 1, 2012 11:12 PM
Jun 2, 2012 1:57 PM

Dec 2011
cascady said:
mouselmm said:
Finally, Clannad has brought tears to my eyes for the first time.

same here...

5/5

Me too.
Jun 3, 2012 6:35 AM
May 2012
that moment when i watch clannad ,, i never forget what i learn after watching this
and i never forget thats happen to me :)
Jun 4, 2012 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
Danget! I almost made it. This episode finally made some tears. I guess its a happy thing in the end that makes me cry. I made it through clannad and all up until now....so close
Jun 10, 2012 7:31 PM
Sep 2007
Just finished watching 2nd time Clannad After Story.
And this is anime that has make me have tears over and over again, but this one makes me to have most tears almost in every episode at end.

It its very good story, at start is good to have watched Clannad (1st season). So u can understand better this one.
aSt3RJun 10, 2012 7:35 PM
Jun 26, 2012 6:57 AM
Apr 2010
Oh god I couldn't stop crying... :/
Jul 4, 2012 4:02 AM

Jan 2012
Dammit I actually cried,touching episode
Jul 8, 2012 5:00 PM
Dec 2011
Holy crap... I broke down so badly when Ushio said about why she wanted to keep that toy. That was the best episode of both series by far. Everything was perfect.
Jul 9, 2012 6:34 AM
May 2012
First episode I actually felt like crying!!!!
THe part where tomoya was remembering nagisa was just tooo sad!!!!!!

Jul 26, 2012 11:42 PM

Apr 2012
I've played the game before and cried at this part so I didn't think I would cry that much, since I already saw this scene in the game... but man... I was totally wrong. I nearly broke down. This is the best episode of an anime series I have ever seen.
Jul 27, 2012 2:56 AM

Jun 2012
Somebody, kill me. Now.

I just shed a tear. There's no way I should be getting this emotional over an animated story.

I regret hating the first season. Only now do I realize it was only a backbone for After Story. I don't know what made me want to go ahead and finish the series off, but I'm glad I did.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 29, 2012 4:28 AM

Aug 2011
First time tearing up while watching an anime.

If AS manages to pull this off again, it's going straight to my favorites.
Jul 30, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
I thought I could avoid crying here on my 3rd watch of this show.

Nope. I was absolutely slain once again. You win, Clannad.
Aug 5, 2012 1:01 AM

May 2012
I cried but only for about five seconds.
Not as sad as Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, which left me crying for three minutes after the credits.
Aug 5, 2012 11:07 AM

Feb 2011
Dem , I couldn't hold it in ... I cried ... alot this episode . Yeah .. I know , shameful for a guy , but it was touching . Great episode 5/5
Aug 20, 2012 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
Teared up on both occasions where Tomoya and Ushio started crying together at the sunflower field and on the train. Ninjas cutting onions T_T
Sep 1, 2012 11:37 PM

Dec 2011
Never in my life have I ever been so emotionally drawn in to a TV show! Every scene from the trip on had me in tears and to make it worse my 5 year old son walked into the room, right after the scene with Tomoya and Ushio crying together at the sunflower field, and asked "Daddy why are you crying". Yep, I lost it again... This episode was a real reminder to how much you want to work hard for your kids to give them the best. As well as reminds you to make sure you spend plenty of time with them and not let other things in life get in the way. At least that's what I got out of it.

Who would have thought you could get that much out of an Anime.. Clannad AS is 10/10 and second to none in my book :)

Sep 20, 2012 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
"Sanae-san told me. Places I can cry are in the bathroom and in Daddy's arms." Ushio

Don't cry please... T.T
Don't cry... T.T T.T

#just tears
Sep 26, 2012 9:51 PM

Jul 2012
This episode is just amazing! Even the third time seeing the scene where he tells Ushio about Nagisa I cant help but cry, so touching TT__TT

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 27, 2012 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
I can't believe it. Most broken down I have ever been.

*On another note, Clannad has made me hate Torch and Dango more than anything in the world. I must hit pause before it plays every time, or I may punch a wall.

Also,
Napoleon said:
Having me alternate crying between tears of sadness and joy is just unfair. I guess that's what makes Clannad such a remarkable show.

This
Richdragon501Sep 27, 2012 6:24 PM
Oct 13, 2012 8:08 AM
Aug 2012
Favourite episode. Cried even in my third time watching the series T_T
Oct 13, 2012 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
Materiaali said:
Nothing that i've watched hasn't been this emotional.

9000/5

The double negative means that everything you've watched is this emotional.

Is that really what you meant to say?
Oct 13, 2012 11:25 PM
Sep 2011
My poor poor heart </3
Ushiooo~
Oct 20, 2012 12:42 AM
Oct 2012
After I finish Clannad I need to watch an ultra happy anime, or my tears may run out. This was so heart wrentching but I'm so happy at the same time. I can only hope that Tomoya and Nagissa meet in the afterlife or something along the lines of that. Clannad did not disapoint, not one bit.
Oct 23, 2012 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
Manly tears
Oct 27, 2012 1:52 AM

Oct 2011
I can't believe some guys are still reading and posting on a thread after 3 years, not that it's a bad thing, and it just shows how amazing this episode was, well I did shed the most tears with this episode and up to this point no anime has ever done the same, the vote results speak for itself, I haven't seen such votes so high for a slice of life

and the place where wishes come true is the most emotional OST i've heard from an anime
Oct 27, 2012 6:51 AM

May 2011
After 3 years I've rewatched Clannad 7 times. It's just such a masterpiece.
Oct 27, 2012 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
Arcriatrix said:
I can't believe some guys are still reading and posting on a thread after 3 years, not that it's a bad thing, and it just shows how amazing this episode was, well I did shed the most tears with this episode and up to this point no anime has ever done the same, the vote results speak for itself, I haven't seen such votes so high for a slice of life

and the place where wishes come true is the most emotional OST i've heard from an anime

I'm not trying to say Clannad isn't as good as you say it is, but...

There are plenty of anime 3+ years old that are still being discussed. :|
Nov 9, 2012 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
Everybody said that tis show would be really sad but i dint really get that until the past 3 episodes and then this was just overkill
Dec 12, 2012 5:05 PM
Dec 2010
hermoso episodio, vuelvo a ver clanad unos años después y sigue siendo un bello anime
Dec 12, 2012 5:43 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
omggggg, TEAR-JERKING episode! I couldn't HOLD it back! I CRIED AGAIN T_T Seeing how Tomoya was a delinquent back then and now to become a good daddy with love for Ushio, and the MEMORIES of Nagisa in Tomoya's story for Ushio REALLY made me CRY! >,<
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 18, 2012 11:42 AM
Oct 2012
Tears in my eyes, oh my god, sooo emotional :,)
Dec 19, 2012 7:54 PM
Jan 2011
First and only anime to cause me to cry so much.... manly tears ;)

Not good to watch episode 16-20. 3 or 4 eps when everything starts happening, had to just stop watching and go to bed because I couldnt cry anymore (no tears left!) and felt it would be a waste not being able to shed any more tears. What a masterpiece and very meaningful anime. If only such an ending could happen when life beats you down mercilessly >.<
Jan 3, 2013 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
I Had enough of this :'(
Jan 10, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2011
To be honest, this was the most touching moment from the whole AfterStory for me. It made me cry, more than anything else in this season.

Such a great adaptation of the VN. I keep getting surprised by how good this anime is.
Jan 13, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
This episode the greatest episode I've ever seen, I just can't find another episode with so such perfection, everything was so well executed, this episode is a masterpiece itself. I'll be watching this episode for a long time.
Jan 17, 2013 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Can't stop crying, great great great episode.
Jan 27, 2013 8:53 PM
Jan 2013
Im usually not a huge anime fan, and I havent watched many of them. On top of that im not really the emotional type, and yet this episode nearly had me crying. I had to fight to hold them back. Truly something special.

So much so, I created this account only so I could write something on it.
Feb 18, 2013 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
If I had written just after watching this episode I would have only said this=

SOBBING.

Gosh. No wonder I'm watching Aria after this tearjerking.
Feb 24, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
The Papa moment was really touching. Loved this episode.

Mar 1, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2011
When I first try to rewatch this episode, at first I'm like:

But soon I get reduced into:
Pages (15) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.