Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2013 4:32 AM
Dec 2010
domdomdom said:
that essence of school days at the end...

Well, thankfully this show won't end as bloody as School Days, though I do tend to see Makoto Itou when I look at Haruto in the last few episodes. Not as much of an a-hole yet, but definitely getting there.
Sep 25, 2013 8:15 AM

Feb 2011
Cats out of the bag ..
Sep 25, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2009
I really like the romantic tension between the main leads; best part of the show by far. Asuka may be really loyal, but she just doesn't have the same chemistry with Haruto as Eba does.
Sep 25, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Oh dang, awkward. .
I like Asuka more and therefore feel sorry that her boyfriend is not really devoted, but I can understand that if he truly loves Eba more, it would be complicated.

Sep 26, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2010
Oh! Haruto! Be prepared for what's coming. <3 this anime
Sep 26, 2013 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
Haruto is being an ass but tbh I'm glad with what will happen next because
well I hope the anime adaptation ends well because the manga adaptation is really good :)
Sep 26, 2013 8:32 PM

Apr 2010
Damn, that was totally unexpected :O

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 27, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
zensunni said:
I really don't get people that blame Yuzuki for this. She was trying to avoid messing up Haruto's relationship. She told him how she feels and that she plans on moving forward finally and threw away the gift he gave her, telling him that they wouldn't see each other anymore once they were back in Tokyo. Haruto is the one that didn't let her carry through with it. Her reason for doing it is the same reason Asuka (in the manga) basically gave Haruto an ultimatum when they were visiting Hiroshima. She told him that she loves him too much to be around him, so if they are just going to be friends, it would be best if he went back to Hiroshima after graduation. After that, Haruto asked her to go out with him. Nobody got mad at her for basically telling him that it is either date me or lose my friendship.

Yuzuki never stopped loving Haruto. It was just too painful, for both of them, right after Kazama died. Haruto rushed into a rebound relationship and those never work. Regardless of what he tried to tell himself, he never stopped loving her either.

I didn't think they skipped that much, frankly. Most of what they skipped was Haruto and Yuzuki reminiscing about the first thing he cooked for her and stuff like that, as well as Takashi trying to hit on Kiyome and Rin getting in the way and pissing Kiyome off. Since Kiyome isn't on the trip, that makes it tough for that part to happen. They also changed the reason Yuzuki stayed home with Haruto, which is good, because that was one of the lamest parts of this part of the manga. I like that they stayed because Haruto's grandma was ill much better. They also didn't have Yuzuki yelling at him that he can't swim when he jumped in, which is too bad...

All in all, I thought they did it pretty darn well. It had the same feeling of "correctness" when they were at the pond for the fireworks and when Haruto refused to let Yuzuki run away from him again. Then the sense of dread when Asuka was waiting for him at the house.

Thank you.. i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm guessing people haven't seen or been in this type of situation they can't relate to it, but if you do or have, you would understand it better. I like Asuka, but there's just no reason to string her along if he still has feeling for Eba.
Sep 28, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
@mrbakchoi888 : i love your posts, couldn't agree more.

-----

definitely the best episode so far, they adapted all 4 chapters from 135-138 into this one and they did it pretty well. It didn't make me teary-eyed like the manga did, but i still love it.

also, i think 2nd ED is a lot better than the 1st one

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 28, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
FUCK

That ending, man.
Sep 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap. Haruto lied. Can't wait to see the conclusion of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2013 7:19 PM

Apr 2013
my heart is breaking for Asuka.
Oct 9, 2013 10:49 AM
Dec 2010
ffs now he was almost two timing .... ?? I feel relieved that Asuka came and saw through it.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 17, 2013 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
i so that one coming when Asuka called Haruto, Asuka surroundings were same as Haruto's parents home & then i knew it, that Asuka is there

how do most people get caught with cheating? when their partner try's to surprise them OFC!!!
Oct 20, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
ouch that ending! Damn I just knew things would turn out this way just didn't expect Asuka to be there... I really wonder what's next and what the final episode will offer, if he'll give her a proper answer and what his decision will be!
Jan 3, 2014 12:38 AM
May 2013
That scene with the necklace at the pond...wow. So well done. So much emotional power.

I was annoyed with Eba for the Kazama situation (especially for not even telling Haruto what was going on). And I like Asuka a lot. But how could you not feel sympathetic towards Eba in this situation?! She's giving up the love of her life because she BELIEVES it will make him happy! After all they've been through?! Such symbolism, such raw EMOTIONAL POWER!

That kind of scene can leave such an impression as to be series defining for me. Was Eba confessing predictable? Perhaps. But some scenes are so powerful that IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. Execution matters. And that scene, in my opinion, was tremendously well executed.

Edit: Also, such a great job by the Voice actors in that scene. Especially Eba's Voice Actor. That scene felt...so real... The way she said she liked Haruto, she didn't just yell it at him, but she said it with a tone of voice that seemed to suggest that she was embarrassed or sheepish about it, which was understandable considering the situation.
HahalollawlJan 3, 2014 7:37 AM
Jan 4, 2014 9:38 AM
May 2012
I paused the video while I am in the middle of the episode to watch some fireworks too ahahaha.

See, never lie again!!!! Haruto, you should have just told Asuka the truth =_=

Haruto and Yuzuki are meant for each other, that's why I support them.

I feel sorry for Asuka :/ Asuka needs a guy like me :3

I hope that the ending will satisfy me :D
Mar 3, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
fuck yes

dump his sorry ass... def doesn't deserve you

the ending just redeemed this show for me...

i'm guessing the original writer came out of coma?

thank god
May 22, 2014 3:24 AM

Mar 2014
Damn! What's gonna happen to asuka now!?
Damn! Have the feeling He'll broke up with asuka soon.
Shit! Why do this in at a time like this!?
He Has a Girlfriend you know! Damn.
That Confession will lead to Yuzuki's route for Everyone's Sake.
If those turning points didn't happen....
Damn Idiots Still Sulking with each other while one has a Special Obligation to compete on to. Jerk as ever. you made a decision for one's self. (I think yuzuki too).
What Bad Timing for the confession. He has a Girlfriend you know!?
and the guy wants to be his boyfriend again after all of the past events that Happen in their life .... Bastard for life. and if you ever mess up again with yuzuki I won't forgive ya..

Yuzukixharuto Episode!!
Summer Fest love!!
Yuzuki is beautiful even in a Yukata!!
That Fireworks Scene Nice!!
That Confession!
Damn that Lie! you created your own trap jerk! (and its true)
The Flags has been raised. Flags for yuzuki's route completed.
That Ending!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2014 10:06 PM
Feb 2014
Oh shit..I was screaming "OH MY GOD" when he opened the door. I can't believe that happened.

I don't know why everyone hates Eba. Asuka is just a rebound for Haruto, and he knows it. He's just afraid of hurting her, but in the end, he did. *Sigh* Eba loves Haruto so much... she's putting aside her own feelings to give him what she believes is his happiness. That's true love.
Dragon-sanJun 9, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 23, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Asuka!! :( she deserves so much better than that asshole Haruto!
Sep 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Feb 2013
Haruto went on another date with Eba. The fuck Haruto. Asuka should dump you. She deserves better. We also get some flashbacks too. Haruto also lies to Asuka. Not only that but she cathes him red handed. Holy shit man. Also why can't Eba make the descision to go with out with haruto before he dated Asuka. Good episode nonetheless.
Nov 25, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
Asuka should just leave him.
Mar 6, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2008
I don't really give a shit about Haruto and Yuziki lol This whole show is devoted for them with all that chopped stupid flashback backing them up. Everything is so predictable which makes this show less entertaining but more like a chore to watch. I'm all for Asuka though. She deserve someone much better than Haruto. Now go yandere and end this show lol
Mar 15, 2017 10:53 PM

Jul 2014
OH SHIT IT'S GOING DOWN!

Eba confessing her feelings, MC retrieves necklace Eba threw away, MC "will give an answer", and getting caught by GF.

Damn, finally lol.
Apr 19, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2017
Just wrote a review about this anime read it ;)

#asuka <3
May 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
The dude is a scum!
Jul 15, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2009
Well, that was unexpected. Finally it's gonna reach a conclusion; though it's a pretty obvious one...
Nov 3, 2017 4:53 PM
Jan 2012
Haruto much baka,baka. Finally Asuka see the true. Good idea Asuka visit the house.
Finally the decision is now.
The last episode make a good expectatives.
Nov 19, 2017 10:44 PM
Aug 2012
This Yuzuki bitch is actually pissing me off. She loves him so much that she doesn't want to be near him for most of the series? That makes zero fucking sense. Shouldn't that be even more of a reason for her to be together with MC?
DomineeringOppressor
Apr 11, 2018 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
Eba and Haruto are both scumbag characters, so they deserve each other.
Eba dumped Haruto to go out with someone else because it was her duty? Why did she not tell biker guy that she had a boyfriend and end it right there? Her reasoning is damn stupid. Not to mention she leaves him after the guy dies which is even more stupid.
Despite all this, Haruto is still chasing after her even though he has a girlfriend. What does he see in that cold bitch, I will never know, but they deserve to be miserable together.

Asuka, you go find someone else that cares about you!
Mar 16, 2019 9:28 PM

Feb 2018
Woahhh Eba finally expressed his feelings. But on the other hand Haruka seemed very disappointed at Kirishima.
Jan 18, 2020 8:13 PM
Jan 2016
Man seriously fuck this episode. He litterally had no reason to lie whatsoever. Just say "yeah im watching the fireworks" done. He didnt lie. Its that fucking simple my god. Also this whole "who should i choose" bullshit is so irritating. The anime is good dont get me wrong but i absolutely hate storys like this so so stupid
Apr 30, 2022 6:29 PM

Jan 2010
I think another way to interpret Kimi no Iru Machi is by their haves and have nots. The characters want that which they can't have, but once it's within reach, and especially when they have it, they no longer want it.

I'm reminded of a certain character from the Monogatari series, but in this case, the characters aren't actively trying to mess with the feelings of others. Instead, they're just truly, honestly, and frustratingly indecisive as all hell.
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM
Feb 2019
that arrangement piano is honestly so touching
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How should I go about reading the manga and watching the anime?

Reshiram_IX - Jan 3, 2023

7 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 29, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.