Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
Xenoi said:
ReaperXIII said:
Xenoi said:
I'm pretty sure the princess and captain simon are together. Princess Theoria was called Juria by the captain.

him calling her by her name means nothing they where in the heat of battle and if she was with him she wouldnt have invited izuru to a date which probably doesnt count as one cus he invited his brother because he was so nervous so yea they arent an item at least not untill i see some real concrete evidence. no woman would ask another man out on a date unless she plan on cheating on her bf or she doesnt have a bf those are the only 2 options.and the princess and izuru have history together which was never cleared up.

Izuru is her son. Isn't normal for mother and son to go to a restaurant together. She even allowed Asagi to stay since Asgai is Izuru's older brother.

I am assuming she is with Smon because:
Izuru father is Simon, and mother is Theoria.
Simon called her Juria... She been called the princess and Theoria for the entire 24 episodes but Simon calls her Juria... it kinda implied that the two are together.

ther where both created in a lab there was no intercourse they may have some related gene to simon they never said izuru has the same gene as theoria
Sep 19, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
Best Mecha I've seen in a long time. I loved how the characters developed and became heroes, the fights were really well done.

Please let there be a season 2!!
[center]
Sep 19, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2007
That was a wonderful series. I enjoyed it all the way through.

Its not too often anyway that anime can write a satisfying ending but MJP pulled it off. I would love a S2 in the future if the producers decide on one!
Sep 19, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
awesome ending at last Jiart has been defeated
Sep 19, 2013 4:56 PM
Jan 2012
Jiart Q.Q

Aside from the protagonists, I loved that guy. Great main antagonist.

They should have an S2 right? No way would they leave that many things untied. I mean, even IS got a second season, and they could have ended it! And for some reason, I'm expecting Izuru to be in a hospital bed for at least the first 3 episodes of S2.

(I sorta wanted to see Izuru die and have him be forever remembered as a hero...)
Sep 19, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
This was pretty decent. Would like to see a second season of this. :)
Sep 19, 2013 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
KanameFujiwara said:
Is Jiart dead?

Keeping in mind what Jiart said at the end, and the fact that Izuru survived the explosion, I doubt it.

8/10

I enjoyed it all the way through. Some parts were annoying *cough* Tamaki *cough* but the best parts of the anime were 9s. Lots of room for growth in another season, I hope it happens.
Sep 19, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
Last episode.... was damn satisfying. Izuru vs Jiart keeps me entertained and the battle rages on. they're mecha power up suits were so colorful btw. I was relieved when they found Izuru, who won against Jiart in the end.

Even though I'm not a fan of a mecha series, this is like the best action mecha I've seen for a long time. Hoping for a second season of this. Giving this a 9/10.

The characters grew into me, the action was the best, the animation improve throughout the season, and the soundtrack was good, though the animation is still kind of a bit dull and story is less satisfying.
omega_d94Sep 19, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 19, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2011
If anyone wants to know/find the insert song at the start of the episode, it is sonogyaku by Chiaki Ishikawa. You can buy it on amazon. If you want to be a criminal it will take you forever to find it. Finally found it on the naver website.
Sep 19, 2013 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
I love this anime to death! I desperately want a 2nd season. I expected a lot of predictions to be right, but they all went overboard, which made me feel good. I'm a die-hard for mecha anime, and this is one of the best as of late, and I can't have enough!

I swear I saw SEED mode a couple of times. I loved how Izuru's Red 5 transformed!(F FRAME CHANGE!) I love the fight scenes as well. And even though there were times like fighting with wings felt stupid, I still love it! Though the all happy ending didn't feel great now, it still felt good at the moment. There so much still to build on, and if they can improve on this, a whole lot more, this could easily overpower every other mecha anime I've seen.
Sep 19, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
I guess I'm part of the minority. As much as I want to enjoy the show, I couldn't enjoy it more than just the fighting scenes. I didn't really like the animation with the exception of the action scenes. the story was meh... there's still a lot of questions unanswered, undeveloped characters, and gosh could I not bring myself to like Tamaki at all from start to finish. most annoying character on the show.

Asagi has this ulcer thing going on from episode 1 and we still didn't get any explanation why. If they're really going for a season 2, I thought "temporarily" killing Izuru and have him come back somewhere on season 2, working along with Jiart would have been a better direction but they decided to go with the cliche ending by abusing the convenient JURIA system.

a 4/10 for me. this show is overrated (current rate 7.34). I expect it to go down
Sep 19, 2013 6:31 PM
Feb 2012
If they make a season 2, I hope Jiart isn't really dead. I'd love to see the mechas get some cool upgrades and more character development!!!

I really thought they were going to kill Izuru off! His fight was really awesome, also really enjoyed the song they played in the beginning and then bringing back the first opening again, which I really loved, but also reminds me of team doberman getting killed (cries)
Sep 19, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
well the whole purpose to this fight was to find a superior race with superior genes. so far humans are the only ones to put up a fight. so this isn't over.
Sep 19, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2013
lionheart168 said:
I guess I'm part of the minority. As much as I want to enjoy the show, I couldn't enjoy it more than just the fighting scenes. I didn't really like the animation with the exception of the action scenes. the story was meh... there's still a lot of questions unanswered, undeveloped characters, and gosh could I not bring myself to like Tamaki at all from start to finish. most annoying character on the show.

I liked her her childish behavior reminded me of my younger siblings, "Stupid doopy poopy" lol I hear that form my 4 year old brother all the time xd.
ReaperXIII said:
when jiart started making those round pink beams i couldnt help but say is goku fighting freezea again? it was good series but i wanted their to be more development with the battles and the romance too i know if this does get a second season izuru is going to end up with the princess and his brother going to end up with Kei Kugimiya. because he has shown intrest in the princess but has no real affection for kei and i think oni san does like her.

Dude Teoria and Simon are the Gene doners of Asagi and Izuru, Simon told Asagi this in the episode where Izuru was hospitalized. So them getting together would be gross :/
Sep 19, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2013
Not a great show by any means, but this was a really awesome episode. The pacing was good and the theme was used at just the right time, making it a pretty powerful moment. 6.5/10 for the series, but 8.5/10 for the episode.
Sep 19, 2013 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
The show's faults were easily overshadowed by its charm and fantastic mecha designs and action. I really fell in love with this one and I really hope they do a second season. They certainly left an opening for an interesting continuation of the story, now that the Wulgaru found a species worthy of their attention.

8/10
Sep 19, 2013 7:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pretty decent series. Weak start but it kept improving from there on.

Definitely well choreographed battles. Despite the cliche cast of characters, they were actually likeable in the long run.

Will definitely watch the second season if it comes out.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 19, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
Simon not being dead was kind of wishy-washy IMO. Would have gone out much more dramatically if he died. Yeah I'm a tragedy fan.

Xenoi said:
I'm pretty sure the princess and captain simon are together. Princess Theoria was called Juria by the captain.

How do we know he wasn't just talking to himself, to a possibly dead Julia, and Theoria was just listening in and spoke because she was at the time still, carrying him back? The way he spoke made me think he wanted to die, perhaps to be with (dead) Julia, but her invention of the ASHM mechs, and possibly personality, strove for the (instinctual) survival of humanity...which includes himself. Simon had no issue attempting to sacrifice his own life, but the persuasion Theoria used was most likely what I just mentioned.

It also doesn't make any sense that Theoria would have the knowledge of rocket science and engineering to reverse engineer her mech for the ASHM units. You don't see too many military fighter pilots design/make their own planes do you?. She's a sheltered princess on top of that, with space combat experience being the minimum of requirements considering her race thrives off of intergalactic war...sort of how it isn't uncommon for British Royalty to join their army...but again, not in something like engineering/weapons manufacturing. I know I'm trying to make sense of real-world examples with fiction, but nonetheless, my bet is that Theoria only collaborated with Julia, giving blood samples and whatnot...because after all, she can't give birth to the ENTIRE ACADEMY of next-gen children that shares her genes for interstellar living. Think of it as test-tube baby clones from A Certain Scientific Railgun, where they were born in pods, and simply rapidly aged to an optimal age with drugs: not too young that they take too long to train, but not too old that they can't be brainwashed/memory-wiped...something repeatedly mentioned throughout the show.

Aggron said:
Dude Teoria and Simon are the Gene doners of Asagi and Izuru, Simon told Asagi this in the episode where Izuru was hospitalized. So them getting together would be gross :/

The first part is a fact. As for hooking up with someone who shares the same genes as you...that depends on how much they share. Heck, your cab-driver you hail could be related to you by 5th cousins for all you know. The world is just one big melting pot I say (example stolen from Person of Interest). Marrying your siblings may be illegal, but direct or distant cousins is fair-game in many parts of the world, including parts of North America. And for you religious folk; if you believe Adam and Eve was real, oh boy...you must be perfectly fine with incest, seeing as your partner shares the same blood as you, or simply have conflicting views and refuse to see things for what they are. So in the end, I don't see the issue with it, after taking in every consideration of course.

Estoy_GordoSep 19, 2013 8:26 PM
Sep 19, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
Okay series, but it had its bad moments (A lot), though I enjoyed most of the OST and battles. I'll give a 2nd season a go if they have one. 6/10.
Sep 19, 2013 8:19 PM
May 2013
First half of the naime was very slow 6.5 for me but the second half man so many great fights, bet animated mecha fights I have ever seen the second half is easily a 8.5-9. If they have a second season and keep the pacing of the second half of the first that would be amazing.
Sep 19, 2013 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
Good show, 8/10.
Sep 19, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
badass fights that is like the best thing about this series is the combos these guys make. really hoping for a season2 i am sure they can make money off it!
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Sep 19, 2013 10:09 PM
May 2011
Aggron said:

Incest is always good and beatiful. So nothing bad if Theoria and Izuru will end up together.
Sep 19, 2013 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Beautiful finale with lots of action scenes, although I wished for some cheesy ending after the operation. :) 8/10

Anyways, I thought it was explained in the earlier episodes that the developer for JULIA-SYSTEM was dead after she finished the system? I just can't remember which episode was it.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Sep 20, 2013 12:23 AM

Oct 2011
7/10 and I think best mecha series this year (so far) - fact that only one that I remember were Valvrave and Garganita which were rather horrible, if good looking ones.

decent characters, nice looking battles was something to look forward to. Sure it was easy to see earlier all those plot-twists and solutions but can't complain here.

Would be nice to have second season.
Sep 20, 2013 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
Damn EPIC!!

No one dying may annoy some people but I didn't mind at all.

Jiart vs Izuru was DAMN AMAZING! And Izuru's transformations (Berserk and Hero) were both BA!

Loved the animation and the build up and everything.

I still remember when 3 mechas started last season (Suisei, Valvrave and this) everyone was saying this is the worse of them but personally I think I liked this the most :D

S2 plzzz ^^
Sep 20, 2013 12:35 AM

Apr 2011
This turned out to be an amazing show. 9/10

Season 2 we need!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 20, 2013 1:05 AM

Jan 2013
Wow. That fighting scene :D
Hehe izuru finally been able to transform ^^

I wonder how his relatioship and teiora is like.

needs a 2nd season for sure.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 20, 2013 1:10 AM

Apr 2012
very flashey ep but I fell like they quickly wrapped up the story
Sep 20, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Also, what is the song in the beginning of this ep?
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 20, 2013 3:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Started badly and some of the characters are kind of annoying, but the level of mecha action and overall solid story make this a very entertaining watch. I look forward to a second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2013 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
Need gifs of this episode. Too awesome to describe in mere words.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
There is practically zero chance of Izuru and Teoria hooking up.

Teoria is, for all intents and purposes, Izuru's mother. Taking the route of least assumptions, Izuru got half of his chromosomes from Simon and half from Teoria. So that's already the realm of parental incest.

Add to that the fact that Teoria's memory hasn't been wiped and she knows that Izuru is the product of her genetic material. That may or may not be a deterrent, depending on her culture.

But the biggest impediment is Izuru, himself. We saw how quickly he adopted Asagi as family once he found out they were brothers. The second anyone tells him Teoria is his mother, that affection of his will transform and Kei will find herself without much of a rival for Izuru.
Sep 20, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Robbini said:
Need gifs of this episode. Too awesome to describe in mere words.

http://i.minus.com/ib1p0HkH4L3hw6.gif
Sep 20, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
Now we need a 2nd season with that ending.

So this girl was hiding her pretty eyes during the entire season?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5381/0rrl.png

7/10 for me, despite having some minor flaws.
Sep 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
Jonny_Mhl said:
Now we need a 2nd season with that ending.

So this girl was hiding her pretty eyes during the entire season?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5381/0rrl.png

7/10 for me, despite having some minor flaws.

someone besides me actually caught that nice.
Sep 20, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
Nice final fight scenes, well animated.
Sep 20, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
amazing fight scenes the budget was pretty big i think and he transformed cool and that didn't feel like an ending at all
Sep 20, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
OMG what an epic ending!!!!! Season 2!!!!!!!
Sep 20, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2007
-Insulting Izuru to bring him back to normal
-"Go crush that Wulgaru bastard named Desert, Gelato, Tomato, Potato, or whatever!" ~Ange-chan

lol so awesome

Very underwhelming series with some faults here and there, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. They opened some interesting things at the end too...if they do go through with a second season I'll probably watch it.
Sep 20, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2010
That was really good intense episode, good mecha action but somehow I preferred the previous battle more when they didn't have all those wings. It ended with absolutely no resolve, so thats kinda bad. I also hated the fact that only Izuru could go toe to toe with enemy Commanders, with others barely keeping up as a group. Except maybe Ange but even he/she needed help. Guess no transformations for others, unless we see it in a second season, if there is one.

Theoria was disappointment for me, she was just shooting lasers from aside and I was really looking forward for her to go badass in a field. Guess I was expecting too much. Love triangles and other stuff just left there as some kind of a tease as well.

Good series, loved the characters but I expected better ending then just rejoicing after battle. If there is second season then I'm pretty much looking forward to it. ^^
Sep 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2009
Does anyone know the song's name used in the beginning of the last episode? I love it but can't seem to find the name of the song.
Sep 20, 2013 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
Wait is Juria Theoria or someone else? It sounds like someone from his past, maybe the reason for his scar, but I hear a lot of people assuming its Theoria. So which is it?
Sep 20, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2007
krownklown said:
Wait is Juria Theoria or someone else? It sounds like someone from his past, maybe the reason for his scar, but I hear a lot of people assuming its Theoria. So which is it?
I get the feeling it was someone else. Why else would Simon say something along the lines of "sorry I didn't die, I can't join you yet" like a woman he loved died in the past or whatever.

But I don't remember if it was explained exactly who/what created the Juria system, other than the mechs are designed with Wulgaru technology that Theoria brought with her.
MonochromeSep 20, 2013 6:55 PM
Sep 20, 2013 9:40 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Fight scenes were cool. Everyone lives, bad guys included except one and even he could be alive still. They destroyed the gate, but the enemy remains. Hmm, not the best ending I could've imagined, but whatever. I enjoyed the series, but it wasn't special. 6/10
Sep 21, 2013 12:55 AM
Feb 2009
wow ending was dull...
Sep 21, 2013 1:19 AM
Jan 2009
Well, I guess that's that. There's certainly room for a sequel, since the Wulgaru aren't quite gone forever, but I don't think we'll be seeing one.

This show was a pretty good show. Not amazing, not terrible... Just good. Worth watching, though.
Pie is delicious.

Sep 21, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2011
I expected Izuru to die in the end but it was a nice series overall, specially the battles...

7/10
Sep 21, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
I thought this series was alright it had an amazing 1st episode then after it was a mix of mehish and decent episodes aside from the fights which were still a fun watch. Episodes 19~24 were great I just wish the whole series was like that.

6/10 I heard that they would consider a second season so if they make one I will still watch it since some of the characters interest me.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
Bleachway said:
Does anyone know the song's name used in the beginning of the last episode? I love it but can't seem to find the name of the song.

Seems like no one is reading my earlier post :P
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

72 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.