Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's sort of nice that they came back to the idea of Happy Prince. Didn't expect it to be handled this manner... Sort of wished they went and did something more with it ._.

Lol..... Aguri.... Nice job... I think.
kuroikishiSep 15, 2013 5:55 PM
Sep 16, 2013 1:39 AM
Jun 2011
this was cute episode with aguri boss around and the happy prince story again
Sep 16, 2013 9:13 AM

Dec 2011
I did enjoy that they put the Happy Prince back, though, just like you, Kuroikishi, I thought they could've gone another way with it?
But I was still fine with it afterwards, so...

Also, I'm disapointed in you, Ira... I thought you would've turned a new leaf... what have you been up to since the time Rikka took care of you and this episode?! :<

I would've liked to see Mana using her 'luck charm' more often. (tracing in your hand to make everything better). It kind of feels like they only introduced it in the first episode to make her realize that's how she activates her transformation item :<
Sep 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
Ira might not have changed but at least they remember that something actually happens.

Sep 16, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
While I like the fact this story came back into the spotlight, I find it weird that this episode centered mostly on Aguri. Because of the first two episodes and the way it was introduced, I've always felt that the Happy Prince ordeal is something Mana-Rikka centric, with Rikka the one who keeps Mana's habit of unconditionally helping others in check. So seeing her being sidelined feels kind of... off I guess?

Next episode involves something that should've been done a long time ago: a focus on the friendship between Mana, Rikka and Alice! Especially Alice since we didn't get much exploration on her so far.

ponytaorponyboy said:
Also, I'm disappointed in you, Ira... I thought you would've turned a new leaf... what have you been up to since the time Rikka took care of you and this episode?! :<

Considering the recent turn of events (goodbye Gluttony and Kung Lao, I will not miss you), Ira isn't in the position that would allow him to change allegiance. Besides, that would've been too easy to have him switch to the good side that early Ponyo :o
Sep 17, 2013 2:00 AM
Sep 2011
ShootingK said:
While I like the fact this story came back into the spotlight, I find it weird that this episode centered mostly on Aguri.

Don't you know that Rikka and Alice aren't allowed to have any kind of purpose in this show?

Next Cure Ace is gonna start using the even more powerful Ace Reflection.
Sep 18, 2013 12:44 AM
Nov 2008
I still can't believe that that's their ultimate attack is soo lame. After the Heart Shoot was introduced I was expecting something really cool but no... let's just trow a card to the enemy... and I better not build some hopes from Bel since we know what happened to Joker in Smile.
Sep 18, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2012
It feels like they're denying the Rikka & Ira subplot indeed. It'll be forgotten and maybe reintroduced in the second to last episode (like Regina & Mana). Otherwise the subject matter felt rather good, though I retain that these kind of episodes would probably be better without the battle of the week.
Sep 20, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2012
Sort of a spoiler, but there will be individual PreCure attacks with the Mirror-Pad thingy. Of course, that gets a finish with a Straight Flush from Mana..

And I can't blame is the episode is as simple yet pretty cute to watch. Mana! Don't overwork yourself! (Or.. Drink some water on your breaks!)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 5, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
I am liking Aguri a bit more but her cure Ace form. I don't know still.

About all I can say, I guess Ace's new attack was. Somewhat interesting.
Feb 7, 2021 12:37 PM
Feb 2018
Alright I take back what I said about Bel in earlier threads, he's threatening Ira and Marmo now. Still, glad to have him back and glad to see Ira again. Also happy we get more of a slice of life episode, can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually bored of the plot, it genuinely isn't entertaining for me.

Lmao Aguri calling everyone out and even the students are ashamed that they're getting lectured by a little girl.

Glad that Cure Ace is back to being good at fights and fought evenly with this super boosted Jikochu. But of course...… Rosetta still spamming Reflection, Diamond and Sword still doing nothing. I'm a little curious why the MOTW didn't have the usual "selfish thought to make the black mark on the heart, then slightly less selfish thought to shrink the black mark", wonder what's up with that, did they realize that was way too overused? Took them long enough. Also, once again no one questions anything when the fight was over, this time we know damn well many students saw it.

Ahh I wanted the romance to get touched on a little more, Ira and Rikka seems to remember, although not sure if they really feel "that way" for each other. At the end of the episode Rikka was dancing with the Vice President though (they even held hands!!! rip Ira), a little out of place to me, probably would've been more normal with Mana, but I guess they wanted to set up the Mana Aguri interaction at the end. Also, why is Alice even there? Does she even attend this school? Is anyone just allowed to be here?
Aug 15, 2021 3:41 AM

Feb 2020
People and their retarded shippings. Rikka x Ira. Sigh.

Aguri putting everyone in their place was touching. :)

SerafosFeb 21, 1:08 AM
Apr 10, 2023 1:21 PM
Jun 2020
CWC said:
Also, once again no one questions anything when the fight was over, this time we know damn well many students saw it.
I hate when Pretty Cure uses this trope and the "it was all a dream" trope. It's an incredibly frustrating way to basically invalidate what happened. Instead of something simple like having them fight only at nighttime, or having no crowd...

More topics from this board

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 35 Discussion

ZettaiRyouiki - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.