Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 1, 2013 11:50 AM

Oct 2011
Almost feels like they skipped over the sad part too quickly, it's like Nagisa's death was just an afterthought. Really strange that Tomoya never really bothered with Ushio, I was sure he was going to be a great father to her. Hopefully things will change now.
Oct 3, 2013 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
BYE!

*Pushes plate across the table*

Ushio is so adorable omg
My Candies:
Oct 10, 2013 10:50 PM

Jun 2013
Ushio is so cute! I think Akio and Sanae had this all planed out. Tomoya has been away from Ushio for five years, only seeing her occasionally. Tomoya is seeming like his dad at the moment. I hope he doesn't worsen and his trip with Ushio helps him. Onward to the next episode.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 13, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
Two poor things in this episode: poor parenting (like father like son, huh) and poor voice acting (Ushio). Yay -_-'
失われた翼を探して
Oct 18, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't want to believe that Nagisa died, but I'll get used to it. I just wish Tomoya would stop acting like his dad and be more of a father to Ushio like Nagisa would've wanted.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 31, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
What a dickhole, don't act like a douchebag around your daughter.
Jan 18, 2014 1:13 PM
Oct 2013
I was kinda hoping nagisa might survive child birth after all :(
Feb 27, 2014 8:53 PM
Jan 2013
So, that's why the legs at the beginning of the ED look so little-girlish. Before, I just thought they were Nagisa's.
I don't like the lack of Nagisa, nor do I like the depressing state of the other world story.
*sigh* If this doesn't get better, I won't give this show a good rating.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 1, 2014 6:45 PM

Mar 2009
A painful episode. It hurt seeing Tomoya being so awkward toward his daughter. Yet in the end they are going on a trip together. Would like to think at some point they would make a connection, but that would be too easy to happen. Anyway there are several episodes left and a lot can happen.
(Ushio is little Nagisa!)
Apr 11, 2014 5:43 AM

Jul 2012
Prochy said:
What a dickhole, don't act like a douchebag around your daughter.

I know I mean what the hell man...........ok you lost your wife I get it it's a life saddening thing and life destroying feeling to have..........BUT you have a cute little daughter that looks like your wife and is the fruits of your love and your being a dick head around her............He's being something he hates ..........he needs to pull his ass out of the gutter and start acting like a parent instead of feeling sorry for him self...............What would nagisa say if she saw him like he is now............what's more important.........the dead wife who wants you to be happy and look after there daughter who you both wanted ........or the live daughter who needs her father.

Sorry but I'm really worked up over this........

He's turned in to a complete twat
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Apr 26, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
I understand Okasaki's coldness towards his kid. Ushio looks just like Nagisa and he may even believe she was the cause of Nagisa's death. But awhh she's adorable. I found it kinda heart breaking that Okazaki went into depression for so many years but I agree with everyone on here (for once), it's no reason to ignore the fruit of your loins, lol.

I actually don't miss Nagisa at all, I don't like how animes overdo cuteness and Nagisa was a great example of this.

Oh! I forgot to add that my jaw actually dropped at the end of the episode. USHIO IS THE GIRL SKIPPING IN THE ED! MIND BLOWN.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
May 9, 2014 10:40 PM
Apr 2012
no but seriously are you people crazy ? everything about this anime is awful...she's a 5 year old...by the age of 5 i was fluent in 3 languages and could do pretty advanced math...she can barely put 2 words together and it's about her bodily functions... i dunno there is something about this anime that really pisses me off...i can't quite figure it out but i pretty much despise every episode i watch...
Jun 12, 2014 5:36 AM

Sep 2013
Loved that the skipping at the end was Ushio all along.
Jul 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2012
what an idiot, wow, I'm so angry.
the saddest part at the supermarket, when a stranger says: "You're a family." and ushio looked like she just doesn't comprehend, omg, now THAT was a heartbreaking moment. that's horrible, I don't think I've ever hated an anime character more than I hate tomoya.

Jul 27, 2014 11:21 AM
Mar 2014
No Okazaki...

He's turning into his Dad...

that was a cool transition into the ending theme.
Aug 2, 2014 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
FIVE YEARS HAVE GONE BY AND TOMOYA LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT FOR LIKE A LINE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A WRINKLE UNDERNEATH HIS EYES. LIKE WHAT.
Ushio is so adorbs like aksdjbajbs she is a mini-Nagisa! And I have to admit that I do miss Nagisa...
Jan 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
lol tomoya's like the worst father ever
Jan 25, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2014
Ushio is cute but I'm still recovering from the last episode. Sad to see Tomoyo in this state. It really is.
Feb 13, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Ushio is so damn cute ^_^ Sucks how Nagisa is gone now, what a bummer.
Apr 3, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
Fuck you Tomoya seriously Fuck you you're ended up like your dad
Why don't you care about your own daughter asshole!
Jun 3, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
Goddamn five years without really interacting with your kid. He turned into his dad but it seems like he didn't care

Who could ignore cute little Ushio-chan
Jun 7, 2015 12:48 PM

May 2015
Tomoya is just a hypocrite at this point. Ignoring your daughter for 5 years is terrible.
Jul 2, 2015 2:41 AM

Dec 2013
Wow Ushio is adorable! She's like a mini Nagisa. Also seems like Tomya is becoming just like his father...
Jul 10, 2015 6:14 PM
Feb 2015
Oh god the introduction before the OP was sad

Ushio is kawaii but she keeps reminding me of Nagisa

I relly want to know the secret behind the hidden world and the girl + robot
Sep 11, 2015 1:59 AM

Mar 2015
Is Nagisa death confirmed or not?
What happened?

Ushio is kawaii <3
Disappointed on Makoto/Tomoya.
Sep 11, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2013
Raijin-sama619 said:
Is Nagisa death confirmed or not?
What happened?

She died. Five years have passed.
Nov 8, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Hate to Tomoya increasing even more....
Nov 16, 2015 5:24 AM
Nov 2015
[quote=cascady]I found something interesting and i know this is not concern on the anime(I think.)

Glade I'm not the only one that notice too, I think it's about the orbs.
Nov 22, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2013
Ushio is adorable lol. I thought Tomoya was gonna replace her broken turtle toy with one of the dango plushies that her mom loved so much because you can fall however many times and those dango plushies won't ever break haha.

Nice fusion of the end clip with the ending. Mindblown when the skipping body was Ushio this whole time lol. I like, I like
Dec 9, 2015 6:40 AM

Aug 2011
I've lost track of time due to all that timeskips, but I don't mind. So, it looks like Tomoya picked up bad karma on himself and someway became similar to his own hated father in Ushio eyes.
Dec 20, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like the timeskip at all. At least I wanted to see Nagisa's funeral and the reactions of her friends or something.
Great episode, Ushio's cute.
Mar 14, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
i really loved this episode for some reason. Ushio is kaawaaiii.
5/5

Xenocrisi said:
Didn't like the timeskip at all. At least I wanted to see Nagisa's funeral and the reactions of her friends or something.
Great episode, Ushio's cute.

Yeah i somewhat agree, i wanted to see the funeral before the timeskip
Mar 18, 2016 6:55 PM

Apr 2015
Ushio is so adorable asdfghjkl--

I loved that part when she started skipping like the start of the ending. Wait, did that make sense at all?

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 20, 2016 2:07 AM

Mar 2014
A Sad Story . This was the ~After Story~ .. not the way it is , completely .
Those years of solitude , still the good natured outside but inside , still grief .
Very great episode . Little Nagisa .. Ushio-chan ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2016
So Ushio looks exactly like Nagisa, except for the antennae! ^_^ I cannot stand Tomoya being a depressed old geezer, especially when that little ball of delight is around. Her playing with the 'bitter' fried rice with her fingers made me laugh out loud for the first time in a long while in this series. I think it's also because the worst is finally over, and now the show's back to regular heartwarming business.

Tomoya, get the fuck back to proper parenting, you useless bum. First you get your wife pregnant *knowing* she might not be fit to give birth, and then you try to forget about the child she was ready to give up her life for? Unforgivable, really, in my book. What are their friends doing, not beating the shit out of him?! He's just like Ging, but not even a hundredth as awesome.

I must say I'm a little disappointed with the series so far. It's been a fairly cliched, run of the mill drama. I liked the first season more than this, despite the harem-like feel -the supernatural elements, like Fuko-chan, made it a little different. Even in this season, my favourite arc was the one featuring Misae, but even that wasn't as good (cat spirit taking the form of a human because of dead owner's wish, falling in love and seducing a girl, then disappearing. Thug cat, whut.) Maybe the next few episodes will change my mind.
Sep 20, 2016 2:21 AM
Mar 2016
well.. Ushio is the loli version of Nagisa xD ,i like her very much <3
and because i'm watching it dub, i don't know how's her voice sounded like, but i think it's cute
Nov 15, 2016 1:28 AM

Jun 2016
Ushiochan kawaiiiiii <3 <3 <3
EG99
Jan 30, 2017 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty uneventful episode full of boredome but than again, it reflect well on how his life is now.

Ushio is cute but in contrast of me seeing recent Amaama to Inazuma their chemistry as father and daught is kinda lacking.
I know this will change eventually and that Ushio has no reasons to be outgoing but it certainly didn't happen much.
Which is understandable as they intentionally left the trip for the next episode.
Jan 31, 2017 9:11 PM
Jan 2015
hiraeth_soul said:
Tomoya is just a hypocrite at this point. Ignoring your daughter for 5 years is terrible.

this.
Man I though that Tomoya was smarter than this, not wanting to become like his dad....And yet, he is worse than him...

Tomoya has a work, money, a house.... he could have raised his daughter -_-.
No respect to Nagisa too
Feb 15, 2017 10:55 PM
Mar 2016
I should have guessed that the mystery kid in the ED was gonna be their kid. Style points for that slap in the face leading into the ED.
Mar 25, 2017 1:57 PM

May 2016
Ushio is really adorable and I like her characteristics acting like a boy not like her mother who was shy a mouse, it must be pretty boring being with Tomoya after going through all of those things, actually I don't blame him.
Oct 17, 2017 8:12 AM
Jun 2017
Ushio Cutesy-o!

But seriously this episode isn't all about gawping at Ushio and noticing how she resembles Nagisa. I would have been shocked myself but I would have soon realised that was a good thing and Tomoya brought his misery on himself. You should never isolate yourself like that and especially not for 5 years even if you did lose your wife. Yes we all miss Nagisa but Tomoya still has a reason to live and that's Ushio.

At least Tomoya tried to be nice, he did fix Ushio's toy and cook for her, he may come across as mean but the old Tomoya is still there.
NononsenseGOTITOct 17, 2017 8:16 AM
Oct 25, 2017 9:06 PM
Aug 2014
Kinda disappointed in Tomoya though, even after 5 years he didn't realize he became the man he despises the most, his father.

I see what you did there with the ED transition.
Dec 13, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
I always thought the girl running in the ending was Nagisa, guess I was wrong.

Ushio is precious, even more than anyone else.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Jan 26, 2018 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
Are you serious? Leaving and almost ignoring your freaking child for 5 years?
What a nightmare..
No matter what happens, no matter how much of an awful human being you are, It's your child, you have to take responsibility and don't give up.
It's like all those years spent with Nagisa was nothing for him, all those promises..
Like father, like son. Devastating.
The good thing is, Ushio have grandparents.
Mar 6, 2018 1:55 AM
Dec 2017
father and daughter .. what a combination?
Apr 2, 2018 6:47 AM
Jun 2017
Wow! It sure did that tomoya just focus on his work that he even snub the birthday of his daughter. Im not so sure if even Ushio knows that Tomoya is her father. Hahaha

*anyway Ushio just look like nagisa..
Apr 19, 2018 4:45 PM
Dec 2017
I don't know why but I wanted to see Nagisa funeral. So tomoya is a deadbeat dad!? (Very realistic) And he's following in the same footsteps as his father!? I really don't want to see deadbeat dads in my anime, as I see enough of that in real life. Hopefully this deadbeat dad thing only lasts a couple of episodes.
May 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Mar 2017
Wtfff.... I didn't read ep 16 forum before I watched 17 cause I didn't wanna get spoiled.. But it's really true she's gone omg. I didn't play the game so I couldn't have known anything, I'm really shocked lol. But Ushio is precious.

But I'm actually more concerned about ossan and Sanae. Tomoya is clearly shown taking the worst pill, but what about them who sacrificed so much for their only child, only to be left ahead again. After all that backstory we watched in earlier episodes we didn't get to see how they processed that heartbreaking incident. And also Tomoya acted selfishly by leaving the baby to their care, like wtf? I'm furious.

Crying again.
nr101May 17, 2018 12:34 PM
Aug 25, 2018 7:07 PM
Apr 2018
Jesus, this was depressing. Tomoya leaving Ushio, who barely interacts with him; the depression after Nagisa's death... He is screwing everything up...

Also, I must say, Ushio's introduction was one of the best I have ever seen. She is soo cute; I feel so bad for her, growing up without her parents.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.