Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 7:38 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda felt bad for that one guy who was enamored with Yuki

Wouldn't be surprised if Dessler's death was another fake out similar to his fake assassination. Kind of a punk way to go out, he deserves a better one with more closure
HybridMBLSep 8, 2013 7:48 AM
Oct 13, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
Still waiting on subs :(
Oct 25, 2013 9:41 PM

Apr 2010
SO EPIC

Oct 25, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
SO FUCKING EPIC
Oct 25, 2013 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Subs released!

Omgosh Yamato became the saviour of the capital city of Garmillas, but Lord Desler appears to die on that explosion caused by the failure of Deslar Cannon. Hmm will it end this way??
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Oct 26, 2013 6:37 AM

Mar 2013
NOORRRRAAANNN!!!!!! Noo!!! What a classy guy.
Oct 26, 2013 11:18 PM
Sep 2012
Great battle and all but the ending was sort of anticlimactic. The super fortress being destroyed just came about too easily, imo.
Oct 27, 2013 3:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Captain really is fond of the Kamikaze attack, isn't he? Way to just charge into everything.

The whole defeat of the capital, destruction of the Second Gamilas was as the poster above said, rather anticlimatic. You would expect it to take longer and at a heavier price.

I'm pretty sure Desler is alive and will cause more mischief for the Yamato and it's crew.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 28, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Epic as usual.
Oct 30, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2011
Looks to me like Gamilas is going through a spot of regime change...

I doubt that Desler is dead yet. I'm sure it will take someone getting up close and personal before he's finally destroyed.

And I wonder, just what surprise awaits on that planet?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 10, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
RIP norran :-;
Dec 24, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2010
That's the end of Dessler?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 7, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. 5.5/5
So much destruction. Seemed to easy. Lot's of nice coincidences and good timing.
Feb 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
RIP Noran

Though I was expecting a more epic battle to take down Second Gamilas

Feb 5, 2014 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
Hm? Not final episode?
Apr 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Too bad, only 26 minutes to tell a battle so epic it's too little, too bitter for too easily beat the enemies in sight.
Luckily we think the graphics and the battle to lift my spirits.
Pull a lever and a cannon and blow up all the space base is a bit too exaggerated.
Dessler, to what I read on blogs, has been represented in this animated transposition a little bad.
Technical and graphic very nice, too bad it is not more than the visual beauty of the epic battle and rescue quell a little too lucky, though very romantic.
Dialogues much effect, using big words that were it not for the great charisma of the characters look out of place if they were used by other characters.
Apr 28, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
Neat climax....except that it's again trying to trade on a love story that isn't actually there. This show pretends there's some romance in it, but it's just a fake.
Aug 29, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
Probably the most powerful episode since the trippy dream one...

Norran, you will be missed. Can't be believe I shed a tear for a side character..

Also, the romance is strong. I love.
Sep 19, 2014 5:17 AM

Apr 2014
I think the animation in this episode was especially nice.

Also, three more episodes? How?
your waifu is shit
Oct 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
Dddhasi-leisc said:
how the hell did yuki survive that explosion

did she get jettisoned like 50 miles away wtf
I've been wondering the same thing myself. I mean Kodai's Zero seemed way way further away from Second Balares than Yuki and the Zero was half destroyed...

Enough said though! I would not forgive this anime if Yuki died. SOOOO glad that Kodai and Yuki are together again!!!!!!! WOOOOO

Kodai x Yuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT EPISODE!
Oct 23, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
Feels like a final episode.
Feb 4, 2015 2:08 AM
Jan 2012
Dddhasi-leisc said:
how the hell did yuki survive that explosion

did she get jettisoned like 50 miles away wtf

The ship/city was moving towards Gamilas and she stayed in place, so it was pretty far away from her.
Mar 20, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
so much budget in one episode. on par with ufotable lel

gg Dessler. also yay, nice romance going on. also I'm confused as fuck, who does Akira like? so much flags with different guys. Nice ED as always.

Anyway, I expect to give this show a 10.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
okay episode. the romance between kodai and yuki was barely fleshed out throughout the series so i couldn't really feel for them.
May 4, 2015 7:24 PM

Sep 2010
I cried over Norran R.I.P you were a great side character. I kinda shipped him with Yuki. xD

Yamato using the motion wave gun to destroy the descending sector and Norran sacrificing his life to stop Desler from firing onto his own people were both amazing scenes.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 17, 2015 7:39 PM

Feb 2008
God dammit, they just went and repeated the one thing that ruined the old Yamato for me. But at least I give them points for not killing Dessler on screen. In the original he pretty much gets crushed to death.

Both original and remake had a desperate all out attack on the base, but this one was more "down to Earth". The original felt more intense.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 5, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Ram the palace? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Then Dessler becomes deranged out of nowhere lol.

And we all know the only reason Norran treated Yuki so nicely was because he wanted to get in her pants so I don't get the pity for the guy.
Jan 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Jan 2014
ZeroHumor said:
NOORRRRAAANNN!!!!!! Noo!!! What a classy guy.

Visualized said:
I'm confused as fuck, who does Akira like?

Melda, she likes Melda.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 9, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2012
Damn epic episode! Really intense as fuck and the destruction of Deslar was quite different here, not bad or anything just different with quite an extra portion of intense action!

Let's see what the 3 last episodes will offer us.
May 15, 2016 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
Its pretty ridiculous how this one ship manages to do all that to a Galactic empire.
Sep 5, 2016 2:13 AM

Feb 2016
This is border line 'speshul' now...
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 5, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Klassical said:
Its pretty ridiculous how this one ship manages to do all that to a Galactic empire.

To be honest, they would have been dead if the Gamillas wouldn't have recalled Elk the first time around. The second time was a bit weird because Yamato's small ships went full godmode and raped everything.

To be fair, the Yamato didn't kill Desler or most of the fleet here. I was kind of glad to see how the Gamillas finally started to realise what an insane leader Desler was.
Oct 22, 2016 1:17 AM
Oct 26, 2016 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
Dessler really is a boring villain. I'm hoping there's some elaboration in the next few episodes regarding the relationship of Garmillas and Iscandar, and that it makes Dessler's character more interesting.

silverwalls said:
okay episode. the romance between kodai and yuki was barely fleshed out throughout the series so i couldn't really feel for them.

I assume it's fleshed out more in the original, since there are far more episodes.
Mar 6, 2017 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
And here you can appreciate the importance of mixing romance and weapons of massive destruction in a Space Opera... it may look like a cliche, but it's great when a series or movie can pull it off correctly, without being too generic, and this anime achieves that. Simply amazing episode. The ending song was beautiful too.
Dr_Manhattan95Mar 6, 2017 3:51 PM
Apr 14, 2017 5:01 PM
May 2012
Alright, Yamato takes out whole empire, looks plausible... I dont know if i can get through another 3 episodes of this shitshow..
smogasApr 14, 2017 5:39 PM
Apr 27, 2018 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
Dessler is one boring cliche of a villain..holy shit..
May 13, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
The final battle is not so compelling, the strategy of the comedian Okita is impeccable, this is not discussed, and some twist revives interest, showing once again how a leader like Desler, better to say a man only to the comnado or dictator, he is lost in his megalomania, but the armed conflict resolves itself in a very elegant manner, almost in a calm tone. The scene in which the character of Redolf helps the girl fall to the ground, is so touching and shows how much aliens and terrestrials have the right credentials to live in peace and respect each other. Poor Noran, I am sorry for his death so heroic, although I believe that a person must live to remedy his mistakes and to leave a tangible sign in the lives of others.
Mar 2, 2019 2:51 PM
Aug 2018
Ridiculous.
One single enemy ship is right in your capital. You would think they had at least some kind of planetary defense. And after it crashed into the tower, it was immobile. They could easily shoot at it with tanks and whatnot.

And Desler already runs away and is about to destroy his own capital to take down the Yamamoto. Makes you wonder how he was even able to conquer so many solarsystems...
tr25a3Mar 2, 2019 2:59 PM
Apr 1, 2019 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
It's funny how early on this show fixed a lot of dumb things about the original but towards the end it start's to feel lot more ridicilous than the original show. Plotshield was way too strong on this one but for some reason i'm not mad about it.
Jun 24, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2018
Serious Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Vibes...
Kira saving Lacus Clyne drifting in space after an epic battle.
Jul 19, 2019 3:34 AM

Sep 2014
Should have just shot with their own Wave Motion Gun at them. Planets arent that good at dodging.
I remember when Earth guns couldnt even pierce their shields. Apparently that was a lie, seeing how the yamatos small caliber guns can shred BBs. Ofcourse I noticed this before, not just now.

I still dont quite get what the point of Iscandar was. Did they just not care that blue skins xeno filth went full space nazi?

Obligatory "Do what only you can do" sequence..

Yurisha went from kuudere to energetic girly teenager.

Also, Im amazed how well the crew can repair massive damage on the yamato without a space dry dock.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 4, 2020 1:36 PM

Aug 2017
Sooo...
1) Dessler and Starsha seem to have some kind of a romantic (?) relationship. They were talking like lovers lol.
2) Yamato smashed in the palace so easily that it's ridiculous. Almost no planetary defense, no cannons, no tanks to shoot down the immobile Yamato in the tower (well alright it had shields so it's at least some excuse).
3) The blue bald guy saved the white girl out of nowhere. Why did he have sympathy for a second-class Gammilan? He has never had any character traits whatsoever, why give them to him now?
4) Dessler's actions were pretty much insane.
5) Yamato was staying in the tower without doing anything for too long. By the way, did it just shoot the most powerful weapon in the universe POINT BLANK and didn't receive damage from it? Oh ok.
6) Yuki and Norran just got inside the control room of a cannon that can destroy planets? Seriously? No guards, no locks, no anything?
7) Dessler, Gimleh and Talan are finally dead? Who will our heroes fight in the second season lol

All in all, it was an engaging and emotional episode (esp towards the end) during watching, but analyzing it in retrospective, I can say that it arranged everything too convenient for Yamato. Eh. It could've been done better
St0rmbladeJan 4, 2020 1:43 PM
Jun 9, 2020 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting relationship between Dessler and Starsha, certainly doesn't seem to be a subservient relationship between the two as hinted at in the previous episode, so my worries were cleared up a bit here. However, for all his guile and intelligence i found Dessler's decision making really poor here, he was more than sufficiently protected in his castle, no need to leave there and leave himself vulnerable, even if he had some other plan he wanted to execute and saw the appearance of the Yamato as a good excuse, he should've kept both matters separate and dealt with each individually. RIP Dessler.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

176 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 18, 8:53 AM

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

9 by Millodin »»
Feb 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Mar 10, 2013

59 by Merolae »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.