Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Takashi became Kurusu, we saw Hideo again and there is that big building (still in Japan?).
Btw, not showing us the whole fight but the result was well written and interesting how Takashis hair got up once he saw Fuki's head.

I guess I am going to read the raws, I can't wait for volume 13.
Aug 31, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2010
Chapters dump, love it. Guess that's what Kurusu symbolise, at least he took revenge for the girl he likes.
Aug 31, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2011
what a cliffhanger can't wait for volume 13
Sep 1, 2013 12:49 AM

Jun 2008
live2win said:
Chapters dump, love it. Guess that's what Kurusu symbolise, at least he took revenge for the girl he likes.
Wait, didn't Kurusu win in the end and take Takashi's mask? (and pants, lol)
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Sep 1, 2013 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
RS said:
live2win said:

Well, there's this subtle hint at the bottom left panel where the guy called out Takashi's name before correcting himself that he is now known as Kurusu. That's my take anyway.
Sep 1, 2013 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
live2win said:
RS said:
live2win said:

Well, there's this subtle hint at the bottom left panel where the guy called out Takashi's name before correcting himself that he is now known as Kurusu. That's my take anyway.
I hadn't noticed that he called him Takashi but, how come he has such a long hair now?
Sep 1, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2012
RS said:
I hadn't noticed that he called him Takashi but, how come he has such a long hair now?

Time skip or since he is infected, his hair grew much faster for some reason.
Sep 1, 2013 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
Zhou said:
RS said:

That would have to be some long timeskip... I guess I'll go with a crazy reason and say he's wearing the other one's scalp.
Sep 1, 2013 12:20 PM
Jun 2013
RS said:
Zhou said:
RS said:

That would have to be some long timeskip... I guess I'll go with a crazy reason and say he's wearing the other one's scalp.

It's not too noticeable, but Takashi's hair grew slightly when he saw the girls head on the ground. Maybe the infection does something to the persons hormones causing the hair to grow faster.
Sep 3, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2009
waitwaitwait...

Kurusu was a zombie all the time? As was that other naked dude? So that means, some actually retain their sanity (more or less)?

The old guy and that other dude (can't remember their names) obviously knew about it, which is why they always said that Kurusu was so important. Speaking about Kurusu, I guess that wasn't his real name. Just a name given to guys like him. That's why Takashi is now Kurusu. I also think his hair just grew and it might be a symptom of their unique condition. Both of the other two Kurusus also had long hair and that would be one hell of a coincidence.

Still, that was all rather confusing...
Sep 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2007
sillykwilly said:
RS said:
Zhou said:
RS said:

It's not too noticeable, but Takashi's hair grew slightly when he saw the girls head on the ground. Maybe the infection does something to the persons hormones causing the hair to grow faster.

I noticed that! at first I thought it was a 'hair standing on end' like how miyazaki has his character's hair puff up sometimes. But it did get longer even during the fight.

I'm sad that girl died. But I'm really excited to see how Hideo and takashi's group meet up....

Didn't we know the past kurusu wasn't his real name anyway?
Oct 14, 2013 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
Finally Hideo's group reappears again!!

I have no idea who the past Kurusu is. I'm glad Takashi won the fight; the girl needed to die for the sake of him fighting. I sure hope Takashi doesn't change into a cold blooded bastard. o.o
HEY!
Oct 30, 2013 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
grandy_UiD said:
waitwaitwait...

Kurusu was a zombie all the time? As was that other naked dude? So that means, some actually retain their sanity (more or less)?

The old guy and that other dude (can't remember their names) obviously knew about it, which is why they always said that Kurusu was so important. Speaking about Kurusu, I guess that wasn't his real name. Just a name given to guys like him. That's why Takashi is now Kurusu. I also think his hair just grew and it might be a symptom of their unique condition. Both of the other two Kurusus also had long hair and that would be one hell of a coincidence.

Still, that was all rather confusing...

They're a lot different from typical zombies. 'Kurusu' isn't a title given to all people like them, but rather, just a one-off case (after Takashi kills Kurusu, taking his position).
DeliriantOct 30, 2013 12:34 AM
Dec 5, 2013 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
One of the best chapters of this manga, if not the best. Really looking forward to Vol 13.
Dec 8, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
now utterly waiting for an anime adaptation.
Dec 26, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
ArufeimKirra said:
now utterly waiting for an anime adaptation.

I may be thinking too far ahead, but I think a rotoscope animation style like Aku no Hana would be so fucking perfect for this.

RS said:
Zhou said:
RS said:

It was a time skip, what we saw were events from the past, and now we're back to the end of chapter 111.
IronLobsterDec 27, 2013 12:04 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 7, 2014 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
IronLobster said:
and now we're back to the end of chapter 111.

Holy shit that's actually true. I never even noticed.

That's why I hate reading ongoing manga, you just tend to forget the stuff that happened years ago.
Jan 14, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
Starting to become like Attack on Titan now. Except better imo. I'm enjoying the whole finding out the nature of the zombies/infection more than the horror/action stuff.
Definitely hope Takashi didn't get killed since I liked him quite a lot. Thinking that he did survive seeing as the other guy called him Takashi and I don't see why he would have called the original Kurusu Takashi accidentally (since as far as the group knew Takashi was dead, until he turned up at the school, so it's not like he was their ever their leader or anything). Hair growing theory is plausible.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Jan 21, 2014 5:04 AM

Jun 2010
I must say that this chapter really taking me by surprise... Didn't saw that one coming. I thought it was Kurusu all along until Kowashi said "Takashi" and then correcting himself.

wolffanghameha said:
Hair growing theory is plausible.

And don't forget, they also not wearing clothes (Old Kurusu and that old man only wear underwear and Takashi only wear his pants.)

O-Divine-Demon said:

They're a lot different from typical zombies. 'Kurusu' isn't a title given to all people like them, but rather, just a one-off case (after Takashi kills Kurusu, taking his position).

That also be true, but if you read chapter 140 page 12, that old man said "You are Kurusu(Den of Madness) as well" So, it's implicated that Kurusu is a title given for them or because the old Kurusu is dead, Takashi took his postition.

ps: Sorry my bad english
Jan 22, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
wolffanghameha said:
Hair growing theory is plausible.

yep the hair theory is right, they really grow faster when they are infected in the way as kurusu or takeshi! and i have the theory that the leading zombies (kurusu, takeshi, hiromi and the shovel dude) have a connection with their minds, hiromi had the dream, where she saw everything that happened to kuruso and takeshi.

Jan 28, 2014 11:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've caught up with this story in the last couple of days. Bloody brutal stuff. A real zombie apocalypse. The last arc wasn't doing it much for me, but now that it seems it will finally hook,up with Hideo and Hiromi, I'm looking forward to see what comes next.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2014 10:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've caught up with this story in the last couple of days. Bloody brutal stuff. A real zombie apocalypse. The last arc wasn't doing it much for me, but now that it seems it will finally hook,up with Hideo and Hiromi, I'm looking forward to see what comes next.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 19, 2014 2:58 PM

Dec 2010
This manga is fucking awesome! I read everything in one go~
Jun 12, 2014 6:53 AM

Jun 2012
This chapter was incredible
Jul 19, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2012
Zhou said:
RS said:

Oh, that would be possible, the other half humans half zombfags, like the older Kurusu and that small guy in underwear with shovels also had long hair.
Sep 26, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
This is too good!
Mar 8, 2015 6:34 PM

Dec 2013
You could say that their hair grew to the length of Hiromi's hair ... whatever the fuck that means.
Jul 4, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:
interesting how Takashis hair got up once he saw Fuki's head

Yeah, I liked this detail. Got Tetsuo vibes from Ezaki at that moment, too. It's fantastic how far this manga has come; Kengo Hanazawa has developed the world and so many characters very efficiently. Can't wait to see where things go from here.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jul 10, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
Oh this arc was so good.
Sep 30, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2017
Interesting. So "Kurusu" isn't as much a name as it is a way to refer to infected who keep their awareness? Or is it a sort of title that the strongest aware ones take on?

This manga is written very well, to make a "side arc" so interesting that, to be honest, I wasn't particularly missing Hideo. But, we're getting back to him and it looks like Hiromi's right eye is better.
Dec 7, 2022 11:40 AM

Feb 2017
I’d say then that Hiromi is also a Kurusu. The only thing that differs from the others is that she has less control over the disease. I hope she recovers her conscience.

More topics from this board

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 264 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

hellogarry - Feb 27, 2017

126 by Ackackack »»
May 2, 1:29 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 228 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Jun 23, 2016

10 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 8:44 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 210 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2016

8 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 7:51 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 207 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2016

12 by Ricardoricki »»
Mar 17, 7:44 AM

Poll: » I Am a Hero Chapter 1 Discussion

Lamii - Oct 27, 2011

17 by Ani_sama423 »»
Mar 16, 10:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.