Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2012
Is it just me or other people have noticed that recently a lot of anime tend to portray that there is no god and usually the main characters coolly deny god and say that they will destroy god .this really came to me as i was watching high school dxd and clearly in the anime they say that there are 3 factions : God , fallen angels and demons .

Moderator Edit: Please use spoiler tags if you are going to talk about certain anime scenes
Suzune-chanAug 30, 2013 5:35 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2013 9:31 AM

Jan 2012
They're just speaking the truth,there is no God that's that
Aug 30, 2013 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Japan doesn't have the same religious bullshit you are used to in the West.
Aug 30, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
And it matters because?
Aug 30, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2013
I can't believe somebody took this topic into discussion.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Aug 30, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
As I understand it, Japan isn't really that religious.

Or maybe you're just watching stuff where people have a need to shout "WELL. I FOR ONE DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD".
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Aug 30, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
There's no god so i don't give a damn flying fuck.

Btw if atheism bugs you there you go http://myanimelist.net/anime/15775/Saint%E2%98%86Onii-san jesus and buda in one.
MiratiAug 30, 2013 9:52 AM
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 30, 2013 9:49 AM

Apr 2011
> A lot of anime
> gives two examples
> one is about a demon, other is about a scientist
> lolwut?
Aug 30, 2013 9:54 AM

Jan 2012
I like the angel beats explanation...who was that guy with the computers anyway?
Aug 30, 2013 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
renders said:
I like the angel beats explanation...who was that guy with the computers anyway?

Some random guy that the script writer threw in because "who the fuck cares? I'll put in some teary story and they should be happy with that".
Aug 30, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
renders said:

SSJ Master
Aug 30, 2013 10:01 AM

Oct 2010
Slayermaster said:
As I understand it, Japan isn't really that religious.

Really? I'd rather call it the contrary. The amount of prayer, tradition and superstitions that are often portrayed in anime is quite absurdly high. According to that, it seems their pantheistic beliefs are very rooted in their culture and daily lives.

On atheist anime characters, not that I know what the hell are we discussing here, but Zoro is one of them.
Aug 30, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2012
Athiest Characters are the best IMO.
Aug 30, 2013 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
Koutsuna_sama said:
Is it just me or other people have noticed that recently a lot of anime tend to portray that there is no god and usually the main characters coolly deny god and say that they will destroy god .this really came to me as i was watching high school dxd and clearly in the anime they say that there are 3 factions : God , fallen angels and demons . still i think in ep 4 when kiba sees his friends who died in the experiments by the church they say that they are happy even though there is no god .. INTERESTINGLY THEY SAY in the very next ep that god had died a few years ago and that archangel michael is doing his job ... also fullmetal alchemist has ed going around professing atheism to the rest of the world and religious people (cornello incident) are shown so often to be fooled . What do you guys think?/

Fullmetal Alchemist had that deal where ED would go professing atheism, yes, but the interesting part is that when he is trying to do an alchemy, he will stick hes hands together, like if he was praying. The character on FMA even commented the same thing, "It looks like those alchemists are praying to God, waiting for a miracle".

I would not say the anime is promoting atheism, I would say it is the opposite. Remember that the "guy", you know who I am talking about, the guy inside the other dimension and shit, he said he was everything, including God. This is obviously a blasphemy, but I wouldn't say this is atheism as well.

On the best option, FMA has , at the very least, a particular religion that does not exist on our world.
Aug 30, 2013 10:12 AM

Aug 2008
Atheism is a thing of simple, less educated people and most anime is an undemanding entertainment aimed at such viewers, so you can't be surprised they overuse the dumbest tropes in existence. It's the same as with tsundere, flat-chested characters or looser getting all the girls for no reason. It just sells to dumb masses. Well, this is one of reasons but this forum is not really a place to discuss more. You can see it from previous responses.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 30, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
Antanaru said:
Atheism is a thing of simple, less educated people and most anime is an undemanding entertainment aimed at such viewers, so you can't be surprised they overuse the dumbest tropes in existence. It's the same as with tsundere, flat-chested characters or looser getting all the girls for no reason. It just sells to dumb masses. Well, this is one of reasons but this forum is not really a place to discuss more. You can see it from previous responses.

Basically this.

As atheists are in constant war against theists, anime will simply give them some atheists characters, and will give theists some characters praying to escape an sticky situation. I do not agree with that, I think anime should not share any religion with the watchers, but well
Aug 30, 2013 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus [341–270 B.C.]

Problem solved.
Aug 30, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
Atheism is a thing of simple, less educated people

This is probably the bigger bullshit i read in my entire life
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 30, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
Japan doesn't give a shit about silly theists or atheist in the west.
Please learn about their culture and religious views first.
Aug 30, 2013 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of anime? That's probably an overestimation
Aug 30, 2013 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
See Lupadim here is the perfect example of a kid raised by christian fanatics,and while he's an adult,he doesn't ask himself logical questions and doesn't have his own morals...just let's himself being brainwashed and being the thing that he is today...''the lupadim lol threads''
Aug 30, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
well as long as they dont insult other people beliefs
why care about what they do?
Aug 30, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
DeathDot said:

calling atheists uneducated people
they insult people's beliefs,f*** them
Aug 30, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2012
renders said:
See Lupadim here is the perfect example of a kid raised by christian fanatics,and while he's an adult,he doesn't ask himself logical questions and doesn't have his own morals...just let's himself being brainwashed and being the thing that he is today...''the lupadim lol threads''

This is an example.

You can not talk about religion without atheists insulting.
Aug 30, 2013 10:31 AM

Feb 2013
renders said:
DeathDot said:

calling atheists uneducated people
they insult people's beliefs,f*** them

which anime did that?
Aug 30, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
lupadim said:
renders said:

This is an example.

You can not talk about religion without atheists insulting.

you started it
@deathdot lupadim anime
Aug 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Antanaru said:
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 30, 2013 10:39 AM

Jun 2013
Weeee! A pointless god thread, I'm sure this will go places.
Aug 30, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2011
fackifiknow said:

Look above you.
Aug 30, 2013 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:

Look above you.

Yep, looks like a ceiling to me.
Aug 30, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
fackifiknow said:
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:

Look above you.

Seriously, I thought you were under a bridge.
Aug 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:

Look above you.

If bridges had outlets and wifi I'd be all for it
Aug 30, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2011
fackifiknow said:
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:
yhunata said:
fackifiknow said:

Look above you.

If bridges had outlets and wifi I'd be all for it

What about privacy?

P.S. I think that's enough derailing for now.

OT; it's just your head playing tricks with you. People often see only what they want to see, you see?
Aug 30, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
This thread is gonna be another "Atheists vs. Religious" crap you find everyday on YouTube.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants

Apr 2013
lupadim said:

He does not mean if you are not theist you are less educated. He means there are some atheists which are constantly bashing theists. Sometimes, you can't even speak the word "God" without a wave of 50 atheists screaming" OMFG BUT HE DOES NOT EXIST SHUT UP STUPID ASSHOLE DONT SAY THAT WORD AGAIN I AM AFRAID OF IT". happy.

god

Jun 2013
yhunata said:

What about privacy?

P.S. I think that's enough derailing for now.

OT; it's just your head playing tricks with you. People often see only what they want to see, you see?
What privacy? The government spies on me all the time.

OT- There are maybe one or two older anime I can think of that deal with the idea of no god or killing god, but what's it matter? There are plenty of other fictional works that deal with this subject.
Aug 30, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this thread but it bears repeating anyway: Atheism is a complete lack of belief in a deity. By saying that you plan to destroy God, you pretty much acknowledge that you believe in its existence.

That said... No, I haven't noticed this trend. Mind you, I might watch different shows than OP does.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Aug 30, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
renders said:
Lupadim is correct many atheists verbally attack theists especially Christians just for believing in a higher power. If you believe in God atheists generally say you are illogical, uneducated, ignorant about Science, believe in fairy tales, believe in an old man in the sky etc. Atheists have this air of superiority about them as if theists are inferior and less educated than them.
Aug 30, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
I've never understood how the christian god is serious business, but ancient greek and roman gods/goddesses are not taken seriously.
Aug 30, 2013 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
renders said:
Lupadim is correct many atheists verbally attack theists especially Christians just for believing in a higher power. If you believe in God atheists generally say you are illogical, uneducated, ignorant about Science, believe in fairy tales, believe in an old man in the sky etc. Atheists have this air of superiority about them as if theists are inferior and less educated than them.

Why can't the christians and atheists just mind their own business?Just do whatever the hell you want but keep it to yourself and those who share your interests and beliefs
Aug 30, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2011
renders said:
DrGeroCreation said:
renders said:

Why can't the christians and atheists just mind their own business?Just do whatever the hell you want but keep it to yourself and those who share your interests and beliefs

Pretty much this, though from what I've seen, athiests attack more than thiests. Well, I just ignore them, but not everyone has my patience.
Aug 30, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
I dont know wheter atheist or theists are right due to lack of proof on both sides, but I damn well know that atheism Is boring as hell. I mean honestly you got all the greek and nor gods and the whole demons and angels lore with religion and all atheists have are some extremely boring science theories. And dont even try to say its a known fact what happened 4 gadzillion years ago.
Aug 30, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
We have Haruhi, don't we?
Lolis > Everything
Aug 30, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
fackifiknow said:
I've never understood how the christian god is serious business, but ancient greek and roman gods/goddesses are not taken seriously.
The ancient Greeks and Romans abandoned their Gods and switched to Christianity. The promotion of Christianity by the former European powers worldwide during the early modern period (15th century onwards) allowed Christianity to become one of the most dominant and widely accepted religions worldwide.
renders said:
I completely agree believe in whatever you want to believe in but don't bash other people because of their beliefs.
DrGeroCreationAug 30, 2013 11:42 AM
Aug 30, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
baki502 said:
I dont know wheter atheist or theists are right due to lack of proof on both sides, but I damn well know that atheism Is boring as hell. I mean honestly you got all the greek and nor gods and the whole demons and angels lore with religion and all atheists have are some extremely boring science theories. And dont even try to say its a known fact what happened 4 gadzillion years ago.
I'm gonna go ahead and say "that post gave me cancer"... Maybe the internet will be better later tonight.
Aug 30, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
fackifiknow said:
The ancient Greeks and Romans abandoned their Gods and switched to Christianity. The promotion of Christianity by the former European powers worldwide during the early modern period (15th century onwards) allowed Christianity to become one of the most dominant and widely accepted religions worldwide.
christianity was named the official religion of rome by penalty of death.
Aug 30, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
fackifiknow said:
baki502 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say "that post gave me cancer"... Maybe the internet will be better later tonight.
Have fun with cancer then I am way better off here not caring about other peoples opinion and not getting cancer. And I just said I find gods more interesting and appealing then science theories. Which does not mean I disregard science nor that I am an avid believer of gods. Its just that science is kinda boring sometimes.
Aug 30, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
fackifiknow said:
DrGeroCreation said:
fackifiknow said:
christianity was named the official religion of rome by penalty of death.
The Edict of Milan developed by Constantine the first Christian Roman emperor protected all religions from persecution. Before Constantine's rise to power Christians were the ones persecuted .
Aug 30, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
I completely agree believe in whatever you want to believe in but don't bash other people because of their beliefs.

^This.
Aug 30, 2013 12:23 PM

Oct 2012
This thread is a perfect example that MAL and serious discussion shouldn't be mixed.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best maid character?

Serafos - 36 minutes ago

5 by Yonahim_Zz »»
1 minute ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

59 by hammonlordofham »»
2 minutes ago

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 2 hours ago

12 by Vaturna »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

100 by deg »»
20 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

25 by Rinrinka »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.