Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2013 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
mrbakchoi888 said:

yeah i would like to see yuzuki get mad that asuka was getting too close to haruto and the fact that she lives right next to him too.i want to see yuzuki feel jealous as i dont think that it is ever shown in the manga yet or at least not that i remember. they should make like a side story where kazama is still alive to see what everyone does.

Yeah, that kind of spin off would probably be more insteresting than some of the lame latest chapters of the manga.
Aug 27, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
that fucking helmet man..it gets me all the time.
Aug 27, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2013
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

yeah i would like to see yuzuki get mad that asuka was getting too close to haruto and the fact that she lives right next to him too.i want to see yuzuki feel jealous as i dont think that it is ever shown in the manga yet or at least not that i remember. they should make like a side story where kazama is still alive to see what everyone does.

Yeah, that kind of spin off would probably be more insteresting than some of the lame latest chapters of the manga.

Aug 27, 2013 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
mrbakchoi888 said:
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

Aug 27, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

Aug 27, 2013 7:44 PM

Aug 2007
The pacing just went up on this and I'm sad they didn't animate some stuff of this arc I really would love to see. Well it came a lot quicker then usually but I'm still sad about this even though I knew it was coming and that helmet. It will always get me those two will always be friends.
Aug 27, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
No, Kazuma >< He was my fav character so far.

I understand that the only way for the plot to go on was to get rid of Kazuma somehow. But right at the beggining of the episode they throw your hopes up saying that Kazuma could be safed, only to kill him 10 minutes later...

Damn, and the helmet, DAMN! If I were Haruto I would have bursted right there.
Aug 27, 2013 11:09 PM

May 2012
Kiyomi <3

13:52 wth, so he died? the pacing's too ph-fast, fgs.

Meh.
A better anime studio should remake this.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 28, 2013 4:55 AM
Jan 2008
this studio tries too hard... terrible bg music and sad scenes uses stupid gloomy colors -___-. skipped lots of good moments
. should of kept some comedy in this too. the part kazama died wasn't even emotional. don't know if the last scene and last line was used wrong...
my favorite arc is coming up hope they don't screw it up.
Aug 28, 2013 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
what the what
Aug 28, 2013 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
xhx said:
this studio tries too hard... terrible bg music and sad scenes uses stupid gloomy colors -___-. skipped lots of good moments
. should of kept some comedy in this too. the part kazama died wasn't even emotional. don't know if the last scene and last line was used wrong...

yeah a lot of scenes werent shown like kiyomi confessing her love for kazama with the canned food plan which i thought was the funniest scene and i thought yuzuki said that "we shouldnt see each other anymore(manga)" instead of "i wonder if we'll ever meet again(anime)."
Aug 28, 2013 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
mrbakchoi888 said:
xhx said:

yeah a lot of scenes werent shown like kiyomi confessing her love for kazama with the canned food plan which i thought was the funniest scene and i thought yuzuki said that "we shouldnt see each other anymore(manga)" instead of "i wonder if we'll ever meet again(anime)."

I know what you mean about the last line. I asked Doki to double check the translation and the guy that answered had two people confirm their translation. He said the original in Japanese was: 私たちもう会うこともないのかな? I'm going to look for the raw manga and see if it is different. (Not that I can read it...)
Aug 29, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
-Fuji- said:
I cried a little when haruto saw kazama's helmet
Aug 29, 2013 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
I thought Eba jumped off the cliff when she said they won't see each other again.
Aug 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Jun 2012
Zero_r2 said:
that was fast!!!
you shouldnt kill characters so fast!!
it was even faster than Kamina!!!
god my heart...
as someone who hasn't read the manga i can only say... KAZUMA!!!! TT_TT
YY^YY
;n;
◕n◕

Kazama lasted 7 episodes. If that was shorter than Kamina, then (KamiInai spoiler-ish)

Also, what is up with all the manga discussion in here? I have never seen so much un-spoilered spoiler material in an episode thread ever.
Aug 29, 2013 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
dgw said:
Zero_r2 said:
that was fast!!!
you shouldnt kill characters so fast!!
it was even faster than Kamina!!!
god my heart...
as someone who hasn't read the manga i can only say... KAZUMA!!!! TT_TT
YY^YY
;n;
◕n◕

Kazama lasted 7 episodes. If that was shorter than Kamina, then (KamiInai spoiler-ish)

Also, what is up with all the manga discussion in here? I have never seen so much un-spoilered spoiler material in an episode thread ever.

im just comparing it to the manga because the anime skipped a lot of scenes which wouldve made kazama live for about a couple more episodes but the pacing in this episode was way too fast which didnt make it that emotional that kazama died in my opinion as we was alive and a few seconds later hes dead.
Aug 29, 2013 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
what?! kuzuma dead now? that was fast.. :/
and
eba -_- what she trying to said in the end? -_-
Aug 31, 2013 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
AAAAAHHHHH he died!!!
Sep 2, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. They skipped a lot of stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2013
can anyone tell me if yuzuki really love kazama? or did she just pretend to be his boyfriend out of pity

i think both of them are wrong
yuzuki already rejected kazama (in the past) still he did use his illness to beg her to date him(very selfish)
and yuzuki if she doesnt really love kazama y did she accept, she is selfish too,
trying to comfort a sick person by giving what they cant possibly have is cruel

BUT if she really do love him then its ok, but then still she is a bitch cheating haruto
Sep 15, 2013 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
na35899 said:
can anyone tell me if yuzuki really love kazama? or did she just pretend to be his boyfriend out of pity

Pity. I'm sure she liked him as a friend but it wasn't love.
Sep 15, 2013 8:56 AM

May 2013
2-D said:
na35899 said:

thank you
Sep 15, 2013 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
na35899 said:

yuzuki already rejected kazama (in the past) still he did use his illness to beg her to date him(very selfish)
and yuzuki if she doesnt really love kazama y did she accept, she is selfish too,

BUT if she really do love him then its ok, but then still she is a bitch cheating haruto

It isn't so simple.

Seo wanted to break up/cause drama/have a love triangle, but didn't want Yuzuki to look bad or do a "NTR" type plot, so he came up with this Kazama thing that doesn't really make sense.

You see Yuzuki had to mysteriously dump Haruto and get a new BF, but at the same time not be cheating on Haruto This is where the sick Kazama/pity angle comes in. Oh she felt guilty and was blackmailed into it. This somehow excuses her for what she did to Haruto.

Yet from the other angle, she couldn't have dumped Haruto for a blackmailing scum that would be dumb, so she had to also love Kazama for real. Kazama was supposed to be a good guy, and we couldn't have Yuzuki toying with a dying guy either.

Kazama then dies so the story wouldn't have to set Yuzuki's feeling straight.

In other words, Yuzuki loved Kazama when it makes he look good for loving him and didn't love him when it comes to making her look bad. She didn't date a dying guy out of pity and lie to him because that looks bad, but she did date him out of pity in order for her to not look bad.
Sep 15, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2013
singleturbo said:

In other words, Yuzuki loved Kazama when it makes he look good for loving him and didn't love him when it comes to making her look bad. She didn't date a dying guy out of pity and lie to him because that looks bad, but she did date him out of pity in order for her to not look bad.

so... that makes her a bitch right? personal gain i guess?
na358999Sep 15, 2013 10:24 AM
Sep 15, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
na35899 said:
singleturbo said:

so... that makes her a bitch right? personal gain i guess?

Well maybe

The basic point is Seo wrote it in such a way where he wanted that NTR betrayal tension but without the betrayal. He wanted the drama but didn't want the negativity or complexity of redeeming the characters that comes with it. (or just letting the characters stay flawed)

This is why Seo made absolutely sure to include that part where Kazama says "I would never do those things (sexual) with her." So everyone would absolutely know she didn't do anything physical with him. I mean if that were the case, why all the drama about becoming BF & GF? So essentially what we got was Yuzuki dumped Haruto to be platonic friends with a guy she was already platonic friends with.

This was no different than some dramatic plot that ends with "oh it was all a dream, everybody is happy, alive, and cool! THE END" as the shocking conclusion.

Now the idea of bad person for drama on the front end, later revealed to be a good person in the end is nothing new, but this attempt was extremely lazy.
Sep 21, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2012
2-D said:
na35899 said:

This^^^^^^^^^^

And if you watch carefully, Haruto liked Kazama more than Yuzuki ever did.
To me the only total asshole on this story was Kazama.
Yuzuki did wrong, but did she really had an option where she wouldn't feel guilty.

Reject the guy and feel guilty that you could not give his dying wish to someone that helped you.
Date the guy and feel guitly of hurting Haruto.
Also, She could have chosen not to hurt who she trully loved (Haruto), but there was also the possibilty on that time that Haruto may have gone back to Nanami, and if that would have happen everyone would have been happy (except for her since she would have lost Haruto).
Oct 9, 2013 3:34 AM
Dec 2010
holy crap i haven't expected it to get this serious...
Sent with Mal Updater

jose21 said:
2-D said:
na35899 said:

This^^^^^^^^^^

Yuzuki did wrong, but did she really had an option where she wouldn't feel guilty.

Reject the guy and feel guilty that you could not give his dying wish to someone that helped you.
Also, She could have chosen not to hurt who she trully loved (Haruto), but there was also the possibilty on that time that Haruto may have gone back to Nanami, and if that would have happen everyone would have been happy (except for her since she would have lost Haruto).

I don't think that relationship between Yuzuki and Kazuma was simple friendship, he was more like close nii-san or savior- figure for her. She was never interested romantically but she felt secure and saved by him many times.
If he was jerk he wouldn't spent his live approaching her and giving her hand.
I think none can be actually labeled bad guy/girl here.

If there's proper choice it would be (from my perspective) keep on dating Haruto. She spent years in love with him and then she threw it all away. Even if for dying guy. it might have sounded bit selfish but isn't that what is love about ? I mean the two of them should have been most important for each other topping all other happenings around them.

Not to mention Kazuma was not idiot, he realized her sudden change of hearth was out of pity that's why he undertook risk of surgery and everyone ended up with short end of stick (for now)
greenmartyOct 9, 2013 3:50 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 17, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2012
na35899 said:

Yuzu so Kaza only as a friend she had no deeper feelings towards him, she dumped Haruto & started dating Kaza only cause he was sick, dying, & her reason for dumping Haruto pisses me off
Oct 17, 2013 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
jose21 said:
2-D said:
na35899 said:

This^^^^^^^^^^

oh well, but that would never work cause Haruto & Eba love is so deep & strong, if something forces them to part way's & he get new GF & she new BF, they would be miserable for life & they wold make their partner miserable to, they cant be happy with out each other
Oct 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
greenmarty said:
holy crap i haven't expected it to get this serious...
Sent with Mal Updater

jose21 said:
2-D said:
na35899 said:

This^^^^^^^^^^

I don't think that relationship between Yuzuki and Kazuma was simple friendship, he was more like close nii-san or savior- figure for her. She was never interested romantically but she felt secure and saved by him many times.
If he was jerk he wouldn't spent his live approaching her and giving her hand.
I think none can be actually labeled bad guy/girl here.

If there's proper choice it would be (from my perspective) keep on dating Haruto. She spent years in love with him and then she threw it all away. Even if for dying guy. it might have sounded bit selfish but isn't that what is love about ? I mean the two of them should have been most important for each other topping all other happenings around them.

Not to mention Kazuma was not idiot, he realized her sudden change of hearth was out of pity that's why he undertook risk of surgery and everyone ended up with short end of stick (for now)

relationship between Yuzuki and Kazuma was just as u say'd + out of pity for dying man, but he reasons for dumping Haruto & starting dating Kaza are stupid & wrong
Oct 20, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2012
Damn so he died :| well that sure was a touching moment with especially that ending attached to it fuck that was so damn sad! I do wonder what will happen next
Dec 3, 2013 2:56 PM

Sep 2012
if u think about it, that Yuzu & Kaza were in contact while Yuzu was dating Haru (no idea did they mention it in anime? but it was in mnaga, maybe it is in OVA to), Kaza had to know that Yuzu has a BF, but he did not care & he pulled the death card, & if he did not know i'm really surprised cause its weird if u ton't tell ur friend that ur in a relationship, & if he did not know he should have more brains to ask Yuzu, to u have a BF & that he did not shows that he did not care, so it dose not matter which way it is cause both show what kind of a selfish jerk he is, he did not think of Yuzu's feelings neither, cause forcing some1 to be with u with pity or what ever will never work no1 will be happy, not the forcer not the forcy & not forcy BF or GF all are unhappy, so cause of all that, i know its mean, but i ton't feel sry for Kaza, if all i'm glad hes dead
Jan 4, 2014 2:21 AM
May 2012
RIP Kyousuke, you were a really good and awesome man. I almost cried when Haruto saw Kyousuke's helmet, that was really good.

Kiyomi is pretty hot :3 That bangs :3

That ending, what are you saying Eba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice ending song, Ono Daisuke :D
May 21, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2014
That Surgery can be his Life and death emergency button.
So its a very risky surgery after all.
That Slap!
Kyousuke.. What Nice Friend... Rest in peace :)
when i saw that helmet I broke up and cried .
Pretty damn sad!!
That Ending!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
Sad but moving episode :)
Sep 7, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Kiyomi is secretly in love with Kazama. Damn. Kazama took the surgury and it fails. He dies. Fuck. I didn't want him to die. He was a cool dude. That scene with the helmet on the altar. Them tears. The ED changed. I love the previous ED but I'll give you this Kazama. Very good episode.
Oct 10, 2014 9:54 AM

Oct 2014
-Fuji- said:
I cried a little when haruto saw kazama's helmet

Me too he was such a good bloke. R.I.P
Jan 28, 2015 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
so wtf? she said,'i hope we can meet again in the future'. wtf? did she just indirectly told me that she didn't want to be with him?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 29, 2015 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
I ain't really an expert for human relationships, but wasn't this Kazama guy like the lowest selfish piece of shit one can be?
Mar 15, 2017 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
A new girl appears, Dat Slap, and the surgery was a failure with taking Kazuma's life. Eba becoming suicidal?
Nov 17, 2017 8:25 PM
Dec 2016
I REAAALYY LOVE it when Asakua slapped Eba's face. It was certainly the best part!
May 5, 2018 5:31 PM

Dec 2014
serve you right bitch Eba, you are now left with no one, I hope you don't ever come back to Haruto!

although I already saw the spoiler... damn it, bitch Eba
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 16, 2018 8:58 PM
Nov 2018
singleturbo said:
na35899 said:

It isn't so simple.

Seo wanted to break up/cause drama/have a love triangle, but didn't want Yuzuki to look bad or do a "NTR" type plot, so he came up with this Kazama thing that doesn't really make sense.

You see Yuzuki had to mysteriously dump Haruto and get a new BF, but at the same time not be cheating on Haruto This is where the sick Kazama/pity angle comes in. Oh she felt guilty and was blackmailed into it. This somehow excuses her for what she did to Haruto.

Yet from the other angle, she couldn't have dumped Haruto for a blackmailing scum that would be dumb, so she had to also love Kazama for real. Kazama was supposed to be a good guy, and we couldn't have Yuzuki toying with a dying guy either.

Kazama then dies so the story wouldn't have to set Yuzuki's feeling straight.

Yuzuki was with kazama only out of pity and his illness. She liked him as a friend, but she never loved him in a romantic way.
She moved away from Haruto because her feelings for him were too strong and she could not agree to date Kazakh to make him happy.
Kazama dies to escape the humiliation of being rejected. She only went out with Kazama when he talked about her illness.
Yuzuki fainted because she felt guilty about the kazama's death.

In manga it is quite explicit.
Mar 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Feb 2018
Kazama has died, while Eba's relationship with Kirishima is now getting away.
May 10, 2021 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
uhh where dafuq Kiyomi came from and how she suddenly became seemingly close to Haruto and the others
Apr 30, 2022 5:08 PM

Jan 2010
I'm surprised. Seems like speeding through the drama actually makes the show feel not rage-worthy.
Jul 29, 2022 5:02 AM

Feb 2019
Good riddance. Would be more satisfying if that manipulative bitch lived just so we can watch him get dumped but this is satisfying too in a karmic way. Again good riddance.
Apr 11, 2023 7:02 AM
Feb 2019
really sad to see that helmet
Apr 11, 10:02 PM
Dec 2022
me go to read manga
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

87 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.