Forum Settings
Forums

Do you agree with vegetarian's reasons to be vegetarian?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 19, 2013 6:23 AM

May 2013
Caze said:
KennyWasTaken said:
tuiddlestix said:
What I mean by "context" is where it was situated within the thread.

The image really says nothing. The first through fourth lines are entirely unsourced (Trust me, I'm a professional source-checker); as for line five, any alternative diet can be fucked up by uneducated opinion - simply stuffing green things and nuts down your throat is going to be stupid when you cut a valuable source of protein out of your diet; and the quote is meaningless, nobody's going to Gandhi for biological truths and this is important when the premise of the post is "I'm a biologist, dood".

Here you go, professional source checker. http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet3.html

Signed by like 10 doctors, and statistics to back it up, but statistics dont mean shit, right?

I could just as easily google up a bunch of articles backed by "doctors" in favor of veganism and arguing the opposite. I don't care much for them though.

Did a vegan beat you up or something anyway? Where you sent to live in a vegan camp where they made you eat nothing but vegan food? Why do you care so much.

I'm still waiting for all this crap that you say is going to happen happen to me too. Are you sure a lot of this isn't just possible correlation being called causation too? Like take this for example:

> Many well-known vegans have died early after battling severe illnesses for years

Many non vegans die after battling severe illnesses for years. They make 100's of claims like this throughout that entire page. All things that also happen to non-vegans/vegetarians. I feel like a lot of things in that article are finding bad things that happen to vegans, and then attempting to correlate everything bad that happened to them with veganism.

Do you know children who aren't on a vegan/vegetarian diet can also suffer malnutrition from a poor diet? A child suffering malnutrition on a vegan diet != A child will starve if they are on a vegan diet. Which is basically everything in this article can be summed down to.

X happening to a vegan != Veganism will cause X

This baby mentioned in the article was actually someone with proper diet but lacked the b12 vitamins and other vital ingredients, including proteins( especially biologically superior proteins because the ones you consume in tofu and strict vegan food are inferior to milk based proteins) thus lacking muscle growth and calcium for his teeth. It wasn't about starvation based on his much he was eating of something, but starvation of those necessary vitamins and proteins.

Just because you could easily google them up doesn't mean they're wrong. And those are real doctors by the, you could "easily google" it. They have a PhD in this.

How is me caring relevant to this argument?

I'm pretty sure the surveys prove those correlations wrong

It would just be much better to have a mixed diet instead of only eating greens, especially if you want muscles. the time spent eating to match the protein diet for a traditional athlete to a vegan athlete is way more in eating and keeping it stable.
Aug 19, 2013 6:27 AM
May 2009
Most plants are there to be eatten or to provide a bounty so that we can eat it and then crap it out in rich manure so there seeds can grow.

I can see the reason some people don't want to be chewing on a dead carcass.
But everyone for their own. and meat is good if its cooked or prepared right. Otherwise its just a lump of flesh that is waiting to rot, and be turned into maggot faeces which becomes fertisliser which later plants will grow which we and vegetarians will eat.

In the end we all consume meat or a dead carcass in one way or another. Its just different at what stage we eat it.
Aug 19, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
I agree with the idea, more meat for me :D
Aug 19, 2013 6:52 AM

May 2010
lupadim said:
We once had a discusison like this, but well, people go, people come back... So we can have it again. But this will have a different focus. Are vegetarians right at not eating meat? "Because it harms animals"? Or "It tastes bad"?

It harms animals

My food can run for its life. If I am trying to kill a fox, the fox can run and escape. But can your precious vegatables run? No! They will cry, wanting to start running, but the imminent death will strike them instantly. They will get their head ripped off and will be eaten. A sad destiny, as they can't even fight for what they want.

It tastes bad

You must be a jerk for not liking meat's taste. I mean, some people are starving to death, they would give anything for meat, and you have it and despise it? If it tasted bad, I would understand, but this is NOT a matter of opinion: Meat is good, healthy if consumed not daily and it does not taste bad enough for refusing to eat it.

How about because it's healthier than eating meat?
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Aug 19, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
bloodlover said:
lupadim said:
We once had a discusison like this, but well, people go, people come back... So we can have it again. But this will have a different focus. Are vegetarians right at not eating meat? "Because it harms animals"? Or "It tastes bad"?

It harms animals

My food can run for its life. If I am trying to kill a fox, the fox can run and escape. But can your precious vegatables run? No! They will cry, wanting to start running, but the imminent death will strike them instantly. They will get their head ripped off and will be eaten. A sad destiny, as they can't even fight for what they want.

It tastes bad

You must be a jerk for not liking meat's taste. I mean, some people are starving to death, they would give anything for meat, and you have it and despise it? If it tasted bad, I would understand, but this is NOT a matter of opinion: Meat is good, healthy if consumed not daily and it does not taste bad enough for refusing to eat it.

How about because it's healthier than eating meat?

Well, most people cares more about the taste, you know.
Aug 19, 2013 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Vegetarian ppl are much weaker, die faster and are not really smart. So I pretty much disagree.

Aug 19, 2013 7:26 AM

Jun 2012

I comprehend that you are talking about malnutrition from poor diet, not starvation from having no food at all, that's really what I meant when I said 'starve'. The simple fact is that they were not feeding the baby correctly, this happens to people who aren't vegans/vegetarians, and it happening to a baby on a vegan diet != A baby on a vegan diet will die. I do however agree that if they are going to go this way, the mother has to be well nourished, and she has to breast feed the baby, or else give it actual animal milk rather than retarded shit like trying to keep a baby alive on fortified soy-milk and applejuice.

The point is I could find people with the same "qualifications" saying the opposite, not that those people aren't also "qualified".

Plant based diet is not only greens either. In fact I think most vegans you'll find probably don't eat as much greens as they should. The protein thing really is irrelevant too. If you are getting enough calories on a vegan diet, then you're getting enough protein, and you're getting enough of the amino acids in the protein. Every food on Earth contains protein, most plant foods are only lacking in one or two amino acids, and chances are the next plant food you eat will have protein not lacking in those amino acids.

Walnuts are slightly lacking in Lysine. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3138/2

Navy beans are not, however they slightly lack Methionine which walnuts do not. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2336/2

These are not convenient examples either, I picked them at random and you will find this is true for most two plant foods you can pick out, even fruit and vegetables.

The only thing you actually can't get in sufficient quantities from a natural (no supplements or fortified foods) plant based diet is B12. The recommended daily amount is measured in single-digit micrograms, and I would still argue that you could get it naturally if people were still eating feral plants with certain soil/minerals/bacteria on it, which you won't ever find on modern produce because it is all cleaned or if not conditions they were farmed in not suitable.

The bottom line is some retards doing stuff like starving a baby to death with soy milk and apple-juice, or someone doing otherwise retarded shit on a vegan diet, doesn't represent a plant based diet more than Neo-Nazi's represent white people. Someone getting sick, suffering malnutrition, or dying on a plant-based diet is not a representation of all people on one. You're claiming people will get sick or malnourished from a vegan diet, and to me it's as ridicolous as me telling you to look at vegan MMA fighters and saying if you go on a vegan diet you will look like them.

50Z said:
Vegetarian ppl are much weaker, die faster and are not really smart. So I pretty much disagree.

Anime nerds are much weaker, die faster, and aren't very smart. Stop watching so much anime weeaboo.
CazeAug 19, 2013 7:43 AM
Aug 19, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
lupadim said:

It harms animals

It tastes bad

I think the reasons for being a vegetarian are stupid.Humans are omnivores by nature.Every omnivore and carnivore in nature kills other animals to eat.
Aug 19, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
ezikialrage said:
I think the reasons for being a vegetarian are stupid.Humans are omnivores by nature.Every omnivore and carnivore in nature kills other animals to eat.

I can agree that the cookie cutter reasons for becoming a vegetarian are stupid too, but if that's what the person believes then who cares. As long as they aren't trying to convert you or spouting off disgusting facts about meat while you eat, it's all good.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 19, 2013 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
Goryo said:
ezikialrage said:

I can agree that the cookie cutter reasons for becoming a vegetarian are stupid too, but if that's what the person believes then who cares. As long as they aren't trying to convert you or spouting off disgusting facts about meat while you eat, it's all good.

During my internship at a hospital, we've been discussing feces over a bowl of noodles.
Aug 19, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
One time, a vegetarian sent me a video about how the meat was produced. It was disgusting, but after watching it I got hungry and ate a steak :3
Aug 19, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
Jyupita said:
Goryo said:
ezikialrage said:

During my internship at a hospital, we've been discussing feces over a bowl of noodles.

I'm not saying that the facts about meat would disturb me. It'd just be a pretty obvious attempt to convert.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
Goryo said:
Jyupita said:
Goryo said:
ezikialrage said:

I'm not saying that the facts about meat would disturb me. It'd just be a pretty obvious attempt to convert.

I had a hunch you didn't. Just remembered that particular occasion.

Also: Meat - converts to - ???
Aug 19, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
Jyupita said:
Also: Meat - converts to - ???

Energee

Japanese pronunciation ftw

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
If meat is not healthy, I am going to do a cirurgy to remove all the meat I have in my body.

HAHAHAHAHA.

inb4 biologists without any humor screamming about how I am wrong
Aug 19, 2013 11:56 AM
Jan 2013
lupadim said:
If meat is not healthy, I am going to do a cirurgy to remove all the meat I have in my body.

HAHAHAHAHA.

inb4 biologists without any humor screamming about how I am wrong

Depends on the meat. Some animals just don't give you what you need compared to a serving of the same size of different meat.
Aug 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:

It harms animals

It tastes bad

um ok well theyre both good arguments.
I have a friend who doesn't eat red meat because it makes her stomach feel weird. It usually isn't because it tastes bad, but it makes the person feel funny. It does harm animals.

who cares tho

i like meat
u like meat
some people dont liek meat

what are you going to do
shun them like we shunned gays?

ok go for it
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 19, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2013
I think every vegetarian has their own reasons why they don't eat meat.
In my case I loved meat, but I went to an exhibition where human organs and body parts where shown and after that I just didn't want to eat any meat and I think I'll never eat it. But I'm okay with others eating it.
Aug 19, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2013
It's the way of the world that everything eats everything else.

I'm not not going to eat a slice of chicken or beef because it was once alive.

Personally I find Veggies a little unnatural, but so long as they don't try to make me feel bad about eating meat (because it doesn't work and just annoys me) I'll leave them to it
Aug 19, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2012
I wish most vegetables could run away from me. It would save me the displeasure of eating some of them. I was vegetarian for a few years too just because my ex was and I couldn't be bothered to cook twice. I do enjoy fish and meat though.

For the record lupadim unless you are some kind of aboriginal hunter-gather your statement doesn't have a leg to stand on.
ReasonDesuAug 19, 2013 3:27 PM
Aug 19, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
amandabofanda said:
lupadim said:

It harms animals

It tastes bad

um ok well theyre both good arguments.
I have a friend who doesn't eat red meat because it makes her stomach feel weird. It usually isn't because it tastes bad, but it makes the person feel funny. It does harm animals.

who cares tho

i like meat
u like meat
some people dont liek meat

what are you going to do
shun them like we shunned gays?

ok go for it

Huh? I wasn't aware that people who ate meat were judging people for being vegetarian.

I thought it was the other way around.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
vegetarians are pussy faggots and we must kill them with fire before laying eggs
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 19, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2012
Goryo said:
Huh? I wasn't aware that people who ate meat were judging people for being vegetarian.

Mirati said:
vegetarians are pussy faggots and we must kill them with fire before laying eggs

Nvm

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2012
Koryo-chan said:
Goryo said:

Mirati said:

Nvm

Mirati was not being sarcastic. He was really serious.

@Mirati I heard rumors they won't lay eggs because eggs remembers chicken and they hate animals and their precious meat. I heard they will lay trees, which will lay fruits, which will grow into vegetarians.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

36 by Crawlie »»
32 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
35 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.