Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Plot: People kill if they are killed
Characters: People that kill and are killed

And that's all there is to it. Worthless aside from shock value.
WashijyazoAug 15, 2013 11:53 AM
Aug 16, 2013 5:03 AM
Mar 2011
Can anybody please tell me if this Episode 4 is really the last one or, OVA is the last one instead and also Episode 4 for this Anime? Because I couldn't get the Episode 4 to watch anywhere so ...I guess they only ended at Episode 3 and last one would be the OVA huh? But I hope it doesn't work this way otherwise it would looks like they're leaving the story hanging (I didn't play the game so, yeah) I want to know the story so badly! That....[spoilers alert]

Why is the little girl the culprit? And what about the teacher? How did everything actually happened? Explanation please...?
Aug 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
I liked that they went for another ending than the original one in the game. It's nice that they didn't spoil everything, so you can still enjoy the game itself, if you haven't played it yet. But in this OVA there were some things that I never would have expected.
There were moments I would just stare at the screen in shock and I would need a few seconds to completely understand what the fuck just happened.
Nonetheless, they did very well with this anime adaptation in my opinion. It's always nice to see the characters actually move. And the gore. Yeah, the gore. Some part of me was quite eager to see everthing in greater detail than in the game.
However, there was one thing I really disliked. They didn't animate Kibiki!!! I was so looking forward to it, the only bishie without crazy murder intentions. His nourished, long hair, the kimono that wraps around his body so perfectly...
Okay, I'll stop now.
Aug 16, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
TiffanyTZ said:

Why is the little girl the culprit? And what about the teacher? How did everything actually happened? Explanation please...?

I think it becomes clearer if you actually played the game.

I think that is about it.
Aug 16, 2013 5:19 PM

May 2013
The OVA is really meant for people who have played the game. The game is much more complex and has a different ending. Watching this without playing the game isn't a big problem, you'll still be able to understand it somewhat. Honestly, they need to make Corpse Party a full series to get the main point across.
Aug 16, 2013 5:26 PM

May 2013
TiffanyTZ said:
Can anybody please tell me if this Episode 4 is really the last one or, OVA is the last one instead and also Episode 4 for this Anime? Because I couldn't get the Episode 4 to watch anywhere so ...I guess they only ended at Episode 3 and last one would be the OVA huh? But I hope it doesn't work this way otherwise it would looks like they're leaving the story hanging (I didn't play the game so, yeah) I want to know the story so badly!

Don't really know what you're talking about...
But these four episodes are an OVA. Corpse Party Missing Footage is a 1 episode OVA taking place before this OVA. So, if you're asking if this 4th episode is the last episode, then yes, it is. But who knows? They may continue the story, idk how they would from this ending, but the Corpse Party games are still coming out. IMO, Corpse Party anime need's to be wiped clean and a full season of the adapted 1st video game should be released for full effect. Then the rest of the games that have to do with the storyline should be adapted as well.

BUT THIS WILL NEVER, EVER HAPPEN. Angelbeats has a better chance of getting a remake or sequel.

HandSonicvIAug 16, 2013 5:29 PM
Aug 18, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2013
This was a good series. By the way, can anyone tell me what happened at the very end where a woman was talking on the phone because there weren't any subs from what I was watching.
Aug 18, 2013 8:50 PM

Jul 2007
That was Naomi's mom saying that Naomi isn't her usual self anymore, she locks herself in her room and doesn't make any friends because of her shock at the loss of Satoshi and the events at Heavenly Host.
Aug 18, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2011
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.
Aug 18, 2013 9:18 PM

May 2013
Kyo_Kagami said:
That was Naomi's mom saying that Naomi isn't her usual self anymore, she locks herself in her room and doesn't make any friends because of her shock at the loss of Satoshi and the events at Heavenly Host.

Okay thanks.
Aug 19, 2013 12:15 AM

May 2012
xBroken said:
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.
Aug 19, 2013 12:20 AM

Dec 2012
The game was better, this was okay I can see that they were trying to make a different story but the games one was better and the ending was a lot better because by then everything was explained properly and was fleshed out. But as a treat to the game players this was okay. Wouldn't mind a 12 ep series
Aug 19, 2013 12:58 AM

May 2013
T_T Satoshi you are my hero. I rated this anime 10/10 so it will have more attention why did they have to end it this way im so sad i want to cry
Aug 19, 2013 1:00 AM

May 2013
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.

I want to cry after reading your post
Aug 19, 2013 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Does anyone know what Naomi's mum was saying at the end? it wasn't translated but judging how traumatized Naomi looked she was probably just expressing her concern

xin09 said:
T_T Satoshi you are my hero. I rated this anime 10/10 so it will have more attention why did they have to end it this way im so sad i want to cry

Have you played the game? if not you should watch someone do a walkthrough to the true end of corpse party it's a lot better and tons more satisfying
Aug 19, 2013 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
It's been awhile since I've played the PSP game. I had a different result compared to the anime. But, hey, this anime is a bit more than I'd imagine, since the game didn't really show the gore. I don't think I had Yuka killed or did she? 0.o Well, that was quite painful to watch the two die in the third episode. The anime's all right as the adaptation, everything goes by so fast since it only had four episodes. Too bad it didn't included the random guy yelling in the bathroom stall or the cameraman getting butchered.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 4:53 AM

Feb 2013
enjoyed
Aug 19, 2013 6:45 PM

May 2013
Hm quite the messy OVA... Then again I kinda like that they didn't copy the game 100% and went with a different ending and only two survivors. Especially the last death was quite the shock for me. The opening song was great as well.
Aug 20, 2013 6:03 AM

Feb 2013
Seeing the scene with the principle, Sachiko and her mother was kinda painful. The final scene with Satoshi left me a bit speechless.

They made Morishige even MORE far gone than he was in the game. I'm pretty sure he didn't try to kill Yuka in the game, but I guess it worked. Also, I wanted more Kizami... They left out the priceless "RUN RABBIT RUN!" chase scene.

I was also a bit disappointed that they left out a lot of the scenes with Yoshiki and Ayumi. Like a lot of scenes. Also, I'm pretty sure that last scene after the credits with Naomi was the prologue to Book of Shadows. Not too sure, since it was untranslated when I watched it.

It could have been a lot better, but I still think I'd give it a 8/10 for what it was.
EvildoerAug 20, 2013 6:06 AM
Aug 21, 2013 12:58 AM

Jul 2013
This ending of the OVA felt okay, though I was shocked when Satoshi died at the end. As a result of the characters, and the main character's deaths, I'll give this a 7/10. One thing that solve the mystery is that Sachiko's past was very sorrowful, felt really bad about her

Aug 21, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
Why didnt they just hold onto the same piece of paper? Pfft stupid decisions.
Aug 21, 2013 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
traed said:
Why didnt they just hold onto the same piece of paper? Pfft stupid decisions.

Because it has to be your own piece...
Aug 21, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
This series was pretty good , i didn't expect much of it after that worthless prequel of 12 mins , but this was better , the horror was pretty good and the story , well the plot was simple and meh but it was good executed so in the end i liked it , and too bad that he had to die at the end.
Aug 25, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2012
awww man it gave me a little hope for the ending when everything got all feelsy and shit but they couldn't just leave it at that....

overall impression: I think I need to play the game to get the taste of a bad ova out of my mouth.
Aug 26, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 2011
Why does the murderer live? Poor Satoshi.
Aug 27, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
Naho was the one spreading the curse,when she put the wrong instructions on her blog.Naho disappears after remembering that she kill her Sensei.

The Principle killed Sachiko after she witnesses her mom's murder/rape.

Nanami fight her inner demons about killing Seiko.

Satoshi tells Sachiko that her and her mom were victims and returns her tongue.She then finds peace and disappears.

Satoshi died using the wrong piece of paper,Yuuya's not Yuka's.

Naomi changes and shuts herself in after losing all of her friends.6/10
Aug 27, 2013 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
If you didn't play the game, you really should.
I was waiting something more faithful to them, and I got a little disappointed. Even though, Sachiko story was my favourite part.
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Aug 30, 2013 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
I just finished watching this OVA and I'm kinda dissapointed because it's was too short. When somebody die it not leave same impact as in the game. I know that they change that who lives and who dies because they don't want give spoilers about game but still some kills was kinda missplaced and they happend too close to eachother. Satoshi's dead was just big WTF. Overall this could be good OVA but everything happend too fast and ending was BIG letdown.

(P.S sorry bad english)
Aug 30, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
Half of the anime I think is for the shock value. It was like "how violent can we make this..." I mean sometimes I would just stare at the screen in shock. It was good overall.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 1, 2013 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
hillarous stuff, particularly senseis death gave me a good laugh
6/10
Sep 6, 2013 2:01 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
9/10 Really enjoyable for an 4 episode OVA. They did manage to fit most of it nicely. Loved the animated torture parts xD

But yeah.. anime needs full TV series.. since ova cut A LOT out that was in the game. (Yuka and the other guy had much more development in the game, same for other characters) Well it was 4 episodes so there was no way for them to fit all of it. But yeah I hope for full TV series with true ending.

Also I loved that OVA last scene was Book of Shadows opening scene :P
Sep 6, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2010
I thought the whole thing was well done. Haven't seen the game nor the manga but the OVA's were unexpectedly good. I thought it will be just a story of killing with insane people that includes a lot of gores. The characters were plain but that's exactly I could adapt to them within a short amount of time. The plot twist is good. Too bad it was rushed and it seemed like there wasn't enough budget for the animation. I can notice that the makers were actually putting a good effort by doing everything with a lot of details but yeah, budget seemed pretty lacking.

Didn't really like how bitch Naomi still lives while she had done nothing the entire time except getting people killed because of her uselessness. Yuka dying was pretty insane. I think her death has the most impact to me. Would love to see an Ayumi x Satoshi ending but well, happy endings doesn't normally happen in this kind of show.

Good stuff overall 7/10 Hoping for more Corpse Party in the future.
Sep 6, 2013 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
A subpar adaption.

Did not capture Corpse Party's charm.

4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
I guess the two most developed characters survived.

Sensei's death in the manga was a lot better. In this episode it was almost like they were making some sort of joke out of it. Like, "HAHA you thought she was going to survive!!1!", for the sole purpose of promoting immature shitty reactions like this:
silversaint said:
hillarous stuff, particularly senseis death gave me a good laugh

Same thing with Satoshi's death. Just being cruel to that character (especially after he selflessly saved somebody) for the sake of giving the audience the middle finger.

This series left a really bad taste in my mouth. But, well, I guess that's what it was going for. Overall it was an effective horror show, but I just didn't like it. The manga was a lot better.
Sep 15, 2013 1:17 AM
Sep 2007
I was ready for this OVA, planned on giving it a 9 .___. at first the scenes were a bit of a nostalgia for me(played the game a few years ago), and those parts where you know what they were gonna do next.........though there were parts where I went "WHY, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO WHAT YOU DID IN THE GAME", like Naomi's part when she was left alone in the infirmary............The way they killed off all the characters(no, not just literal, but killing off the hope they all had)................I wasn't really prepared for that, eventhough I've gotten lots of bad endings in the game .___.

Basically, in my opinion, this OVA made the game look like it's for elementary kids
.___. Satoshi at the end, I think it disturbed me more than School Days' "Nice Boat"
Sep 15, 2013 2:02 AM

Jul 2013
I like Bad Ending there other game like this i mean clock tower and clock tower 2 is hard to get true ending i mean good ending.
Book of Shadows more brutal than anime.
Sep 22, 2013 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
They did fine with the gore but the story is all over the place it's a mess.
Sep 26, 2013 4:51 AM

Jan 2013
Well that's about it. It's time to forget this anime. It had enjoyable moments... but as I'm not into horror movies, this wasn't as good either. Next time I'll be looking at that genre, and be sure to not watch animes with just the horror tag xD. Anyways I watched it so you can guess that I didn't hate it so I'll give it a 6/10.
Sep 27, 2013 6:01 PM

Apr 2010
Eden2307 said:
Seeing the scene with the principle, Sachiko and her mother was kinda painful. The final scene with Satoshi left me a bit speechless.

They made Morishige even MORE far gone than he was in the game. I'm pretty sure he didn't try to kill Yuka in the game, but I guess it worked. Also, I wanted more Kizami... They left out the priceless "RUN RABBIT RUN!" chase scene.

I was also a bit disappointed that they left out a lot of the scenes with Yoshiki and Ayumi. Like a lot of scenes. Also, I'm pretty sure that last scene after the credits with Naomi was the prologue to Book of Shadows. Not too sure, since it was untranslated when I watched it.

It could have been a lot better, but I still think I'd give it a 8/10 for what it was.

Indeed that ending left me shocked...even though I knew it wasn't "cannon" I was still speechless at that ending.

And I agree once more...and there was also the pool scene they completely removed.
And yes that was the opening for the Book of Shadows game. It's exactly the opening to Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

And for the last time I agree with you once again. It could've been better but at least at some parts they were still loyal to the game.

And I'm happy as hell they were 100% faithful to the game when they did Naomi's darkening scene and the cellphone messages she got from Seiko after she watched on TV that she killed Seiko. This was my favorite scene from the game so because they was 100% loyal to this scene ,and some others for using the OSTs from the game and even keeping the same seiyuus as in the game, I'll give this show a perfect 10 with a lil indulgence.
Oct 3, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2012
Agreeing with everyone else overall, it's a shame they left out some good scenes & development, and some of the deaths didn't seem to have much impact, but then again, they did only have 4 episodes to do everything so considering that, I think the pacing was okay. The part when Sachiko was appeased and apologised was touching too. (I WAS JUST SAD KISHINUMA DIED but Yuka was a pain in the dick so I'm indifferent to her. Yui-sensei's death was cruel too lol.)

The ending was pretty brutal haha but I liked it in a weird way. Pretty fitting since both the girls had a crush on him, now they can both have a piece :p

The game is overall better since it has, well, MORE, but it was really nice to see everything animated & I'm happy they kept the same voiceacting and some of the music too!

"People who listen to stuff on the net are just idiots."
Oct 6, 2013 5:35 AM

Sep 2008
Laughably bad. The things the characters did rarely made any sense or had the slightest bit of realism.

I cracked up when the teacher's head got cut off.

The guy used Yuka's piece and gave his piece to the other girl. Why? Why didn't he just give her Yuka's piece? Typical logic I've come to expect from this anime by now.

This anime only stayed interesting cause of the shock factor and atmosphere.
Oct 14, 2013 4:32 AM
Feb 2013
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

AH I see. thanks for the explanation. it helps a lot eventhough it's not me asking. i'm glad someone already asked
Oct 14, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
this weird i play games of corpse party blood covered they five of them alive and season 2
corpse party book of shadows tell story how they survive five of them.

to be honest this anime not follow original story of game if i was them they must remake this anime why I'm sensing a plothole big mistake.
Oct 19, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
This seems like your typical massacar horror movie.... Story was messy, characters were meh.... A Mediocre adaption at best.....

Final Episode - 3/5

Series - 7/10 (only cuz' I'm a big fan of the game)
Oct 19, 2013 1:49 PM
Master

Sep 2012
I just finished that Anime q_q and I was Crying at the End QwQ
My Rating is 10/10 for Corpse Party <3
I wish for a 12-ep Anime q-q... It would be much better, coz this now was to short T^T und so fast... I want it a bit Longer...
Oct 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2010
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

I knew it when I saw the other person's ID. I was like Satoshi you BIG FAT LIAR
Oct 26, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wasted potential, the premise sounds really interesting but the story was all over place and there were many things that didn't make much sense/were left unexplained.

But this works as a way to get people to play the game, it really did spark my interest and now I can't wait to play it and see the whole story.
Oct 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
Brutal
Nov 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

Yeah that's what I thought.

Damn good ending in my opinion. Overall, I wouldn't say this anime was anything spectacular, but it was very enjoyable! Though due to the ending I might just have to raise the score... perhaps. (I usually don't like doing this, but DAYUM)
Nov 10, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
is there gonna be another season?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

batslimeman - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

135 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:39 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.