Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2013 7:18 AM

Jun 2008
renders said:
Monad said:
Sourire said:
Biartz said:
If she's killing all those people around like that then why she left Armin alive (and Jean/Reiner)... The plothole is getting bigger.
why would you call something a plothole when its going to be explained later on? just do yourself a favor and keep quiet until all the mysteries are resolved.

I think it's quite obvious why. Because she's Annie and she knows them. And don't tell me am spoiling anything cause i haven't read a single page from the manga. I'm simply saying it's Annie because it looks completely like her, I mean look at that face. It's her fucking face, that nose is especially distinguished feature. I still don't get how someone can't see that she looks exactly like her. I maybe wrong in the end but the resemblance makes it hard for me to believe so.
What i don't get is how she ended up as a giant there when she is suppose to be in town.
There are three scenarios for me.
1) The titans attacked killed and ate people while our heroes are running outside and Annie somehow got eaten and transformed.
2) Annie was a spy all along and she didn't join with them so she can escape the town secretly after they are gone and attack them as a titan.
3) She's still in town and this giants come from a different dimension or time frame. So ether she is her future self turned into giant or an alternative Annie from another dimension.

you are suposed to use spoiler tags
and tbh I don't even remember who annie is

No am not. Why should i use spoiler tags when is not a confirm thing but just my assumptions?
Aug 11, 2013 7:49 AM
Jan 2011
Suzune-chanAug 11, 2013 5:29 PM
Aug 11, 2013 8:11 AM

Aug 2011
The most brutal parts have yet to come!
Aug 11, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
NihonFalcom said:
The most brutal parts have yet to come!

I don't see the point in making these comments.
Aug 11, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
I cant seem to find the answer of why she does that.......

I cant explain why people have a dead brain when they assume she's not Annie. I'm not talking about the trolls , I'm talking about the rest.....
I mean I find it alright to suspect someone that looks similar to Annie or to the titans appearence but to say thats someone that clearly doesnt fit.....it's just.....it makes me go *bully mode* .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 11, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2011
Christa is worshipped by everyone! Hahaha.

Glad that the female titan got into Eren's group. Can't wait to see them deal with it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
Monad said:
renders said:
Monad said:
Sourire said:
Biartz said:
If she's killing all those people around like that then why she left Armin alive (and Jean/Reiner)... The plothole is getting bigger.
why would you call something a plothole when its going to be explained later on? just do yourself a favor and keep quiet until all the mysteries are resolved.

I think it's quite obvious why. Because she's Annie and she knows them. And don't tell me am spoiling anything cause i haven't read a single page from the manga. I'm simply saying it's Annie because it looks completely like her, I mean look at that face. It's her fucking face, that nose is especially distinguished feature. I still don't get how someone can't see that she looks exactly like her. I maybe wrong in the end but the resemblance makes it hard for me to believe so.
What i don't get is how she ended up as a giant there when she is suppose to be in town.
There are three scenarios for me.
1) The titans attacked killed and ate people while our heroes are running outside and Annie somehow got eaten and transformed.
2) Annie was a spy all along and she didn't join with them so she can escape the town secretly after they are gone and attack them as a titan.
3) She's still in town and this giants come from a different dimension or time frame. So ether she is her future self turned into giant or an alternative Annie from another dimension.

you are suposed to use spoiler tags
and tbh I don't even remember who annie is

No am not. Why should i use spoiler tags when is not a confirm thing but just my assumptions?

assumption yeah right,how in the hell did you come up with
without checking the spoilers,there is absolutely no hint whatsoever about it yet
Aug 11, 2013 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
renders said:

without checking the spoilers,there is absolutely no hint whatsoever about it yet

LOL. Umm, she looks exactly like her? she also has the same fighting style and the scenes with Armin, Jean, Eren and Riener. You have to be blind to not recognize her immediately.
Aug 11, 2013 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
renders said:

LOL. Umm, she looks exactly like her? she also has the same fighting style and the scenes with Armin, Jean, Eren and Riener. You have to be blind to not recognize her immediately.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
renders said:

"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 11, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Krista. Possibly the best thing to ever see. Ever.

Aug 11, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
tsudecimo said:
renders said:

Exactly. I say on the damn post you quoted. Because is freaking obvious. It's not my fault you are damn blind. Did you not even read my post before quoting?

I don't need to spoil myself to realize what is in my face. The first time i saw her it seemed obvious because that is how much they look like. It's the same exact face for damn sakes, how can you not see that? I don't need hints, spoilers or manga for that shit. The hint is her fucking design itself.
The one who spoiled shit for others is you because it seems you really do know from spoilers or the manga and by answering me like that you simply confirm it ruining any shred of doubt for those who weren't so sure as i was by just seeing her.
Aug 11, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2013
*Bully mode ON*

Dear , bakachi renders , you must be one of a hell genius person and with a superman-like eyesight . There are no hints?
Maybe your brain cells are , like Usopp , expert in lying your processing function of information you receive .
*Bully mode OFF*
Why is the FT Annie?
BECAUSE:
1. She freaking looks like her.
2. She fights like her.
3. Few episodes before she has shown that she cares of Armin to a certain degree. Did she hurt Armin?
Hell no!

*Bully mode ON*
How many freaking proofs does your brain cells need to understand that is it wrong to lie to you?
Yo , freaking brain cells , stop lying to the poor bastard!
*Bully mode OFF
FluffyFleshAug 11, 2013 9:31 AM
Aug 11, 2013 9:22 AM

Oct 2012
Fuck all of you with your spoilers. Are you too fucking retarded to use spoiler tags? This is why I usually don't read anime threads about hyped anime like this one.And I only looked at like 6 posts,jeez.
Aug 11, 2013 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
MaxYY said:
Fuck all of you with your spoilers. Are you too fucking retarded to use spoiler tags? This is why I usually don't read anime threads about hyped anime like this one.And I only looked at like 6 posts,jeez.

*Bully mode ON*
Look , another bakachi.
*Bully mode OFF*
Aug 11, 2013 9:33 AM

Jan 2012
Monad said:
tsudecimo said:
renders said:

Exactly. I say on the damn post you quoted. Because is freaking obvious. It's not my fault you are damn blind. Did you not even read my post before quoting?

I don't need to spoil myself to realize what is in my face. The first time i saw her it seemed obvious because that is how much they look like. It's the same exact face for damn sakes, how can you not see that? I don't need hints, spoilers or manga for that shit. The hint is her fucking design itself.
The one who spoiled shit for others is you because it seems you really do know from spoilers or the manga and by answering me like that you simply confirm it ruining any shred of doubt for those who weren't so sure as i was by just seeing her.

her face looks like mikasa to me
Aug 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
renders said:
Monad said:
tsudecimo said:
renders said:

her face looks like mikasa to me

You really need to get your eyes checked then. Are you colorblind at least, cause you need some sort of excuse. The freaking giant is blond dude.
MonadAug 11, 2013 9:42 AM
Aug 11, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
I want to read the manga where did this episode end in the manga?
Aug 11, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Mikasa:

Female Titan:

Annie:

Female Titan:

Yep , definitely , Mikasa.

I mean , it's not like the female titan has blonde hair and blue eyes with similar traits like Annie , she's definitely Mikasa who has black hair and black eyes , the titan mode totally acts like a super saiyan transformation , right?right?
FluffyFleshAug 11, 2013 9:45 AM
Aug 11, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
BloodyNightsky said:

I mean , it's not like the female titan has blonde hair and blue eyes with similar traits like Annie , she's definitely Mikasa who has black hair and black eyes , the titan mode totally acts like a super saiyan transformation , right?right?

Let's not forget the nose. Annie is the only one with a very different nose from the others and the giant has the same nose.
Other thing that is a hint by itself(andf i like how they say there is no hint) is because she's obviously not there. We can see all the others. Mikasa and the others are there so it's obviously not m. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.
[irony mod on]There is no way you can figure that out right?[irony mod off]
The little bitch probably didn't joy them so she can sneak and attack them. Quite possible humans are behind the whole giant thing or giants have a structure with brainless foot soldiers at bottoms and intelligent giants at the top that also infiltrate humans.
Aug 11, 2013 9:56 AM
Jun 2013
Monad said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Let's not forget the nose. Annie is the only one with a very different nose from the others and the giant has the same nose.
Other thing that is a hint by itself(andf i like how people act there is no hint) is because she obviously not there. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.
The little bitch probably didn't joy them so she can sneak and attack them. Quite possible humans are behind the whole giant thing or giants have a structure with brainless foot soldiers at bottoms and intelligent giants at the top that also infiltrate humans.

ok i hear this nose thing here and there. I can't really tell from the previous image, annie's nose looks like anyone else's to me. Generric anime nose.
Aug 11, 2013 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
5/5

This has been a damn good anime season.

You know, episodes 13-15 (one month) I lost almost all my interest in this series, and it kinda threw off the pacing in my opinion. But in the last three episodes they got it all back and managed to give me some of that magic that literally had me wet around the eyes with primal fear after the first episode. Although I can say 13-15 was a screwup, most notably 13.5, but they've made one amazing recovery in my books. I really hope they don't diverge from the manga though. All in all, very excited and very much in love with SnK.

Also, can we talk about the 3-D effects on those trees? Whoa.
*facepalm*
Aug 11, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Dat nose.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 11, 2013 10:09 AM
Apr 2011
Fucking hell. I can't wait no more. I'm reading the manga.
Aug 11, 2013 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
arimpact said:
Monad said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Other thing that is a hint by itself(and i like how they say there is no hint) is because she's obviously not there. We can see all the others. Mikasa and the others are there so it's obviously not m. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.

ok i hear this nose thing here and there. I can't really tell from the previous image, annie's nose looks like anyone else's to me. Generric anime nose.

If you have no ability whatsoever to see difference in artwork is not our fault. If everything looks the same to you is your problem.
Just look at this nose. Btw the pic itself is a hint also from episode 13(coughwhyshe's sayingsorrycough).

She has one of those slightly ugly noses that curve outside.
If you click on the following pic you will see the noses in red and blue that are the usual styles. Especially the one in red is very used in anime.

Just look at Mikasa nose.

Do you get it now?
MonadAug 11, 2013 10:48 AM
Aug 11, 2013 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
I think her nose is attractive. Most blonde German originated characters have that nose.
Aug 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
ravagestorm said:
Fucking hell. I can't wait no more. I'm reading the manga.

I did the same :P
Aug 11, 2013 10:46 AM

May 2013
This is ridiculous, not a single named character has died in this series except Marco, and nobody gives a fuck about him because he only got about 5 minutes total screen time. I had heard that it was like GoT in that you don't know if they'll live next episode, but this show kills off less characters than spongebob.
It cheapens the story and atmosphere when i know everyone's going to make it.
KokkoAug 11, 2013 10:50 AM
Aug 11, 2013 10:56 AM

May 2013
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:
This is ridiculous, not a single named character has died in this series except Marco, and nobody gives a fuck about him because he only got about 5 minutes total screen time. I had heard that it was like GoT in that you don't know if they'll live next episode, but this show kills off less characters than spongebob.

You keep believing that.

This show kills off unnamed characters for shock value, nothing else.
Aug 11, 2013 10:56 AM
Sep 2012
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

Yep, sure. Next few episodes are gonna be fun.

I'm just thinkiing about how much Marco's death affected Jean's character and how much Eren's mom death effected Eren. Same for Ian's and Mitabi's sacrifices.
Aug 11, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2013
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

I'm just thinkiing about how much Marco's death affected Jean's character and how much Eren's mom death effected Eren. Same for Ian's and Mitabi's sacrifices.
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

Have you read the manga?
Aug 11, 2013 11:01 AM
Sep 2012
kokkoderrisch said:

Have you read the manga?

Yes I have. Have you?
Aug 11, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2013
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

Have you read the manga?

Yes I have. Have you?

No, but it sounds like it'll get better.
Aug 11, 2013 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

No. Marco was killed to develop Jean character, nameless characters aren't killed for shock value, they are killed to represent the danger and despair of the situation. And also it will be unrealistic if no character died. Characters with names are gonna die before this season ends.
Aug 11, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2013
tsudecimo said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

No. Marco was killed to develop Jean character, nameless characters aren't killed for shock value, they are killed to represent the danger and despair of the situation. And also it will be unrealistic if no character died. Characters with names are gonna die before this season ends.

I understand that nameless characters will die, but it's weird that dozens of them die, but only one in Eren's group of friends has died.
Aug 11, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2012
Pretty well animated episode. I fail to see the point of Armin's existence, he does nothing and fails to demonstrate in any capacity to be strategical. I wish this show had the balls to kill off characters who didn't have more than 5 minutes of screen time.

8/10
Aug 11, 2013 11:10 AM

May 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Pretty well animated episode. I fail to see the point of Armin's existence, he does nothing and fails to demonstrate in any capacity to be strategical. I wish this show had the balls to kill off characters who didn't have more than 5 minutes of screen time.

8/10

This.
Aug 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

Except he's the only one who figured out at least part of what Erwin is planning. So what you said makes no sense whatsoever.
Aug 11, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

Except he's the only one who figured out at least part of what Erwin is planning. So what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

I dislike Armin but he is not useless. Eren on the other hand, why is he a main character? he is so incompetent.
tsudecimoAug 11, 2013 11:16 AM
Aug 11, 2013 11:14 AM
Sep 2012
kokkoderrisch said:
tsudecimo said:
kokkoderrisch said:
Pipoko said:
kokkoderrisch said:

You keep believing that.

I understand that nameless characters will die, but it's weird that dozens of them die, but only one in Eren's group of friends has died.

I like developed characters, so I'm fine with his friends surviving, there has to be a main cast somehow. There's just enough death in this series to keep the tension up, but it's not overdone to the point where there's no hope left because killing everyone for no reason is just as bad as not killing anyone.

Also, Armin used his brains and was pretty useful this episode as well as the previous one. You'd have to be blind to not see that.
PipokoAug 11, 2013 11:40 AM
Aug 11, 2013 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
tsudecimo said:
Darklight0303 said:
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

I dislike Armin but he is not useless. Erin on the other hand, why is he a main character?

Because every story needs a damsel in distress.
Aug 11, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2009
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
This one too? Ugh! They're all the same... What a big cliffhanger!! Just like Gatchaman Crowds. ://

I was very excited to watch this episode because I want to see that Female Titan to get "catch: by them... Even though I already knew what will happen to that female titan :/
I'm still excited. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Aug 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Jul 2011
PoeticJustice said:

8/10

Please, Armin is one of the more useful characters in this series

Darklight0303 said:
tsudecimo said:

I dislike Armin but he is not useless. Erin on the other hand, why is he a main character?

Because every story needs a damsel in distress.

Lol, this
Aug 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
sim0n2170 said:
God dam the Goddess

This is GOLD
Aug 11, 2013 11:23 AM
Sep 2012
Eren is the main character because he's the reason everyone's fighting, both human side(his classmates joined the scouting legion because of him) and Titan side(who as of now has shown no clear reason why Eren is important to them).
Aug 11, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2008
Pipoko said:
Eren is the main character because he's the reason everyone's fighting, both human side(his classmates joined the scouting legion because of him) and Titan side(who as of now has shown no clear reason why Eren is important to them).

That too but he's still mainly a damsel :P
Aug 11, 2013 11:28 AM
Apr 2013
People who post, "The subs where bad" - this is useless information. First of all, which sub group release are you talking about? Second, what examples can you cite and what, in your opinion, would have been a better choice for the translation?
Aug 11, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2010
kokkoderrisch said:

Actually lots of them died in episode 5 and they all had names (friends/teammates from 104th trainees squad). People from group who are still alive didn't have to face as many dangerous situations as those nameless soldiers you mention. Not sending people with least experience to front lines makes sense. They would have died though if female titan didn't spare them for one reasons or another.

After reading the manga, I don't think any of the characters is safe in the long run. There's even "who do you think will die next" topic in manga discussion.
Aug 11, 2013 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
I honestly feel like nothing happened in this episode...
Aug 11, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
Pipoko said:

That's the thing though.

Being a titan -----> his dad
Joining the levi's squad ------> because he is a titan

And if you are a manga reader you will notice that he is only important for the
and even that is for unknown reasons. He is just incompetent and he didn't achieve anything by himself so far, by each passing chapter he only proves how immature and idiotic he is and he views the world in a black and white way. So far he is just a damsel in distress lol. He is a terrible one dimensional main character imo.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.