Forum Settings
Forums
Doubt
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2009 12:15 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
wow, so Rei was the source of everything. i guess i'm fine with this revelation. don't know how many more twists i can take though.
Jan 25, 2009 12:38 AM
Jan 2009
In a way, I was kinda expecting this, though I thought the whole game had been a hypnosis, and that Yuu would wake up somehow... Anyways, it's a damn shame this series turned out to be a little bit of a cliché
Jan 25, 2009 4:28 AM

May 2008
i've always suspected rei, until mitsuki announced herself in the latest chapters for i didnt think there'd be another wolf..
anyhoo is the next chapter the last one? (electrifying conclusion)
Jan 25, 2009 5:40 AM

Oct 2007
iSvart said:
In a way, I was kinda expecting this, though I thought the whole game had been a hypnosis, and that Yuu would wake up somehow... Anyways, it's a damn shame this series turned out to be a little bit of a cliché

Same here, if you check back at the chapters she was killed, i said that she would be the wolf, so no surprise there... When Mitsuki was called the wolf i got confused there, because till then i was sure it would be Rei...
But now i'm glad to know watching films all these years proved that it was not original...
Classic, lose family, humiliated, wants revenge + the most useless + first one(s) to die is usually it!
Jan 25, 2009 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
another twist...but I always believed that she had been kiled to fast...now I know why of that...
Jan 25, 2009 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
Now everything make sense, Rei couldn't have done everything by herself, but of course she knows hypnotism she can easily get all the help she need with that.
Jan 25, 2009 9:00 AM
Jul 2008
oh will there be another twisted? or will the solution end here?
Jan 25, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
Friendlysoul said:
iSvart said:

Same here, if you check back at the chapters she was killed, i said that she would be the wolf, so no surprise there... When Mitsuki was called the wolf i got confused there, because till then i was sure it would be Rei...
But now i'm glad to know watching films all these years proved that it was not original...
Classic, lose family, humiliated, wants revenge + the most useless + first one(s) to die is usually it!

QFT. the revelation as mitsuki really put me off there. should've listened to my instincts the first time around lulz
Jan 25, 2009 12:56 PM

May 2008
Cool... can't wait for the next chapter
Jan 25, 2009 1:11 PM
Nov 2007
so cliche... : (

and well, we all knew rei couldnt die that fast. lol *shrugs
Jan 25, 2009 3:44 PM

Nov 2008
I may have been the only one actually surprised here lol.

I mean, I would have suspected her if I hadn't seen her impaled INTO the wall and through the heart with my own eyes.

I guess she was using some powerful velcro to keep herself up there...
Jan 25, 2009 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
I was suspecting her since the very beginning...sad I was actually correct. I really wanted it to be less obvious as Rei. I mean sure, suspect everyone EXCEPT the HYPNOTIST... >_> And the fact that no one saw her get killed gives it away too.

The next chapter is the last? Let's hope it doesnt disappoint!
Bleed for me.

Jan 25, 2009 11:17 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone have any idea what was that present?
Jan 26, 2009 5:25 AM

Oct 2007
Chap 19 = Combo Breaker

Kono bangumi wa, gouran no suponsa no teikyo de okurishimasu.
Jan 26, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2008
Look like a hair clip.
Jan 26, 2009 7:59 AM

Dec 2008
Well, it looks like thi twist made sense at least. If there are any more though...

Also, I guess I was one of the few not expecting her... ):

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 26, 2009 8:45 AM

Jun 2008
^ Same here.
Although, I was suspicious 'til Mitsuki has been named the Wolf.
But now everything does actually make sense.

So, does anyone know if the next chapter will be the last one?
Jan 26, 2009 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
i'd be less disappointed if it wasn't her. God, I want all three of them to die and let only Hajime survive.
Jan 26, 2009 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
I knew it was Rei since the beggining...they didn't even check her body they only said "she's dead" just like that... are they stupid?? -.-
Awwww what a pity.. I was expectring something a little more... realistic than Hipnose...

Jan 26, 2009 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
I swear, I'm not even following it anymore.

First Haruka. Then Hajime. Then Mitsuki. Now Rei.

IF THEY PLOT TWIST AGAIN, I SWEAR YOU GUYS--
Jan 26, 2009 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
Nick4x said:
I may have been the only one actually surprised here lol.

I mean, I would have suspected her if I hadn't seen her impaled INTO the wall and through the heart with my own eyes.

I guess she was using some powerful velcro to keep herself up there...

You're not the only one. o; Guess I'm too stupid to figure out these kind of things on my own. But it kind of gets confusing when almost every single character have been announced as the wolf.

How did Rei fake her body? A dummy? body double? Hypnosis? orz

Jan 26, 2009 5:13 PM

Sep 2008
"buwhahahha" I was the mastermind and i'm explaining EVERYTHING
and then this chapter comes..
and repeat first line.
Jan 26, 2009 5:53 PM
Jan 2009
I totally saw the Rei thing coming. From the minute she was all, "I was a hypnotist!" I was suspicious.

That said, I didn't see anything else from this chapter coming.
Jan 26, 2009 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
I knew it. Although the hypnotism didn't factor into any of my guesses and it should have- it was so obvious, looking back.

skyenix said:
Anyone have any idea what was that present?

I was wondering that too. I thought I remember him saying they picked out a new cell for her. That didn't look like a cell phone.
Feb 2, 2009 3:38 PM
Jun 2008
and that's another good manga down the drain...

...really, who didn't fear that was coming? -_-

what a let-down
Feb 4, 2009 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
asandari said:
And I was so certain it was Rei... D:

I knew it.

Needless to say, this manga feels far too much like it is relying on generic formulas.
Feb 11, 2009 6:25 AM

Jan 2008
Even though it was predictable I still like it, because I like Rei♥
Feb 11, 2009 8:00 PM

Dec 2008
Fureiya said:

Agree'd.
Knew it was coming, but my favorite besides Hajime is Rei.
I hope she just kills Yuu, he's been annoying me since the start.
Feb 13, 2009 12:28 PM

May 2008
maykipz said:
Fureiya said:

Agree'd.

I agree but I kinda like Yuu, he just needs to stop acting like an idiot. Im just starting to wonder if he was hypnotised to see everyone dead (likewise to everyone else)

(by the way I like your avatar maykipz)
Feb 13, 2009 12:57 PM

Dec 2008
crimsoneyes said:
maykipz said:
Fureiya said:

Agree'd.

I agree but I kinda like Yuu, he just needs to stop acting like an idiot. Im just starting to wonder if he was hypnotised to see everyone dead (likewise to everyone else)

Yuu's not too terrible himself, he just does the dumbest things sometimes.
Uwaa, that's a good point though, although that would be a such a lame ending if they were all still alive, maybe they've all been hypnotized to see the stuff happening and they all think they're the only ones left, who knows, Doubt always seems to have some crazy random twist.
(Thank you, I like yours too, Lelouchhhh~ :3)
Feb 14, 2009 10:00 AM

May 2008
maykipz said:
crimsoneyes said:
maykipz said:
Fureiya said:

Agree'd.

Yuu's not too terrible himself, he just does the dumbest things sometimes.
Uwaa, that's a good point though, although that would be a such a lame ending if they were all still alive, maybe they've all been hypnotized to see the stuff happening and they all think they're the only ones left, who knows, Doubt always seems to have some crazy random twist.
(Thank you, I like yours too, Lelouchhhh~ :3)

True it would make it a bad ending. I just wanna know what happens next. Maybe Yuu will go mad and kill Rei. I dunno why but i kinda want that to happen.
(thank you, lelouch for the win!! <3)
Mar 15, 2009 8:40 AM

Oct 2008
Cliche but still absorbing, I think. Someone can read the sequel chapters just to learn the details or to see a new twist, though there is just one left now.
Mar 19, 2009 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
I find it perplexing that so many people automatically assumed hypnotism was to blame. I guess it's because I took this manga to portray a realistic psycho-killer story. Real hypnotism does not allow people to be controlled, it can't be triggered in an instant, and there's no such thing as psychic waves that can be broadcast. With real hypnotism, the subject has to want to be hypnotized, be open to suggestion, be extremely relaxed and in a quiet environment, and only then can it help someone "reach" themselves and gain control over their own actions. For example, we have a friend of the family who was a very successful therapist for many years and he did often conduct hypnotism sessions, but these were mainly to help people who wanted to quit smoking, quit smoking. Again, these people had full control of themselves and didn't miraculously quit after one session simply due to hypnotism. Have you ever noticed that movies that use hypnotism at the start have the hypnotists reveal at the end that it's not real and the protagonists did everything they did due to a desire to do so? So, call me slow, but I never once assumed hypnotism could be the culprit until it was revealed as such.
May 27, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh I knew it! :D Well I knew that Rei was still alive and that she was prob the one... until Mitsuki seemed to be the one and then yeah. :)
Jul 6, 2009 3:48 AM
Apr 2009
"A New Challenger Appears". Not really, but it's funny how some people were praising Mitsuki for being a genius when she was a goddamn puppet.

I think anybody could have seen this coming, because she's a freaking hypnotist.
Sep 1, 2009 5:01 AM

Jul 2008
Bunch of People said:
At least it made sense!

No, no it didn't. Did they even ATTEMPT to explain the source of Rei's crucified body at the beginning of the story? How can that be so quickly and easily duplicated? It's RETARDED. It absolutely buries the story.

Ugh. Okay, Mitsuki being the killer was obvious as early as chapter 8, and I guess they had to spice it up, but come on here...they totally shot themselves in the foot with that last one.
Nov 7, 2009 8:30 PM

Feb 2007
BlueYoshi said:
Anyway, the last silly twist is about to be revealed. Possibilities: Rei all along with her hypnotism, or the mist monster from Lost took over Mitsuki's body on the other side of the island last week.

Bummer, I wanted it to be guess number 2.

YoungVagabond said:
Bunch of People said:
At least it made sense!

No, no it didn't. Did they even ATTEMPT to explain the source of Rei's crucified body at the beginning of the story? How can that be so quickly and easily duplicated? It's RETARDED. It absolutely buries the story.

This, I agree with. When Rei did reveal herself (cause it was so damn obvious she would return since the start), I wanted to know how she pulled that off. But the worse part about this chapter would have to be the motive for all this.
Jan 11, 2010 11:41 PM
Oct 2009
zzzzzzzz
Jan 12, 2010 6:14 PM

Dec 2009
totally saw it coming. Rei was the only one with some kind of power.
and that lie excuse given by Mitsuki to kill everyone wasn't convincing at all.. and the "we were buying your birthday gift" thing was very boring |:
this chapter was a bit frustrating |:
May 8, 2010 4:05 AM

Dec 2009
well Rei being the killer was really predictable but I'm glad it turned out this way...
Nov 19, 2012 3:48 AM

May 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHA MY GUEsT WAS RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!!!
I KNEW IT FROM THE START THAT EITHER THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND , THE HYPNO GIRL OR BOTH OF THEM WAS THE WOLF BUT WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT THEY ARE WORKING SEPERATELY.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
So the two most apparent speculations turned out to be true. At the same time. I'm kinda tired of all this at this point so I don't care much anymore, just let Hajime live.
Sep 24, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2014
Called the hypnosis.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Feb 27, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2010
Few moments ago I wrote newer trust the innocent looking but truly when the Realistic story throws in the subnatural curveball, the story goes -5 points in my book.

Also why the heck is the MC so goody goody. It would actually be great for his character to see him that he was cheating on his childhood friend or rather, not cheating as they weren't a pair.

I don't feel like reading anymore, especially when characters motives are so pitiful. Well it's only 2 chapters I guess
Mar 22, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
It's a miracle! She can walk!
Dec 10, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
HA! I CALLED IT! I FUCKING CALLED IT! The hypnotism hint was so clear from the start.

Mar 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Nov 2016
Another twist. Can't say that it was really surprising for someone who has seen many movies with a similar narrative to this manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2023 4:56 AM

May 2020
Even that hypnotism theory turned out to be true smh. This is beyond cliche.

To be honest this was always on cards given how they sidelined Rei after the first chapter itself, so nothing much to say on this supposedly "groundbreaking" twist. And to make things worse they didn't even try explaining LOTS of things but fine whatever. Just one more chapter now.
Sep 13, 2023 7:41 PM

Aug 2018
Are all the parents in this Manga suicidal retards?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 16 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Oct 25, 2008

22 by KanYeeT »»
Sep 13, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sMug - Mar 14, 2009

109 by Lincompoop »»
May 4, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 18 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 13, 2009

30 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 3, 2008

21 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 15 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Sep 18, 2008

29 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.