Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 9:16 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
How the fuck did he survive?

LOL. Bullshit.

You really don't want anyone to answer that.....
Aug 3, 2013 9:19 PM

Nov 2011
I dont know if its mean to say but I can watch an entire movie consisting of nothing but 90 minutes of Sasha narrowly escaping from Titans with that silly look on her face. Also, F. Titan has flaming red lats! I think I'm in love <3
The Art of Eight
Aug 3, 2013 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Oh... My... God... This episode was so immersive, it was amazing!

Oh and,
there goes their budget xD
Aug 3, 2013 9:24 PM

Feb 2013
Oh man what an episode, great OST and was cool seeing how the formation worked. This show is just too epic. I wonder if armin is the only 1 considering other titans like eren. Next time the female titan finds eren, hopefully we get to see a eren vs female that would be cool
[/url]
Aug 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2010
DraconisMarch said:

LOL. Bullshit.

If you mean the initial spray of blood we saw coming from the Female Titan's hand, then I think it was the Female Titan's blood from when Reiner started his attack.
Aug 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Sep 2011
Even if I hadn't read the Manga, seeing the "hints" in this episode really makes it noticeable compared to the manga.

DraconisMarch said:

LOL. Bullshit.

It's not "Bullshit" because if you fking wait until next episode it will be explained (not fully though, in a way it does), if it's not explained then you'd have to wait until a new season comes.
TyrelAug 3, 2013 9:30 PM
Aug 3, 2013 9:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The only problem I had with this episode was the fact that they can keep their hood on despite going at that speed. Otherwise, it was an excellent adaptation... although it made some scenes a bit too obvious...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 3, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2012
FinalAvalanche said:
DraconisMarch said:

LOL. Bullshit.

If you mean the initial spray of blood we saw coming from the Female Titan's hand, then I think it was the Female Titan's blood from when Reiner started his attack.

no, it wasn't. remember titan's blood always vaporizes soon after it comes out from the original body. In other words, the blood came from reiner itself after being squeezed. Then How did he survive? who knows, maybe he's abnormal just like Eren.

regarding female titan, I have a theory leading to who she really is.
Aug 3, 2013 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Rokiebottom said:
FinalAvalanche said:
DraconisMarch said:

LOL. Bullshit.

no, it wasn't. remember titan's blood always vaporizes soon after it comes out from the original body. In other words, the blood came from reiner itself after being squeezed. Then How did he survive? who knows, maybe he's abnormal just like Eren.

No it was her blood. It vaporized after his escape. The same thing happened when Hanji killed Freddie Mercury
The Art of Eight
Aug 3, 2013 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
The atmosphere of this episode was really different from any of the previous episodes, but I love it. I'm really looking forward to this arc. I really liked the build-up we got in the past few episodes, but the full-on action we're getting here is great too in terms of the thrill and the experience. Also, Armin just got plenty of bonus points in my book after this episode. The visuals were definitely upped a few notches from the usual quality (and it was actually comparatively pretty consistent this time around too), but I'm not going to build up hope that they'll keep up the animation quality.

I don't have much more to comment on this episode, since it was more about the experience of watching it in contrast to some of the other episodes where there were more concepts to mentally digest.
Aug 3, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
Rokiebottom said:

No it was her blood. It vaporized after his escape. The same thing happened when Hanji killed Freddie Mercury

Noo. It didn't vaporize really. Look closely at first blood spray.

Did it vaporize? no!.
Aug 3, 2013 9:47 PM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:
Yes t'was intenseEEE. Female titan yes yesss. Its body is so energetic and athletic she has perfect body for women

Am I the only one realising that

He wasn't crushed. The blood was all the FT's.

katsu044 said:
REINER Was fucking great but what was up with all the blood on him vanishing was it just a animation mistake or intended.

Have people already forgotten the titan science classes? Titan blood boils away really fast.

yep...exact;y. It wasn't his blood :)
Aug 3, 2013 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
It doesn't vaporize instantaneously, it quickly steams away.

Fast, but not instant.
Aug 3, 2013 9:49 PM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
OzkanTheFlip said:
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it

He was trying to fool the Female Titan into thinking that she had accidentally killed Eren.

not quite sure but I think he means his two senpais who were his comrades...i maybe wrong ~~
Aug 3, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man, fantastic episode! Armin is no doubt my favorite character. Unfortunately, I got spoiled a while back about who the female titan is. However, even if I had not been spoiled, it's pretty obvious who it is.

The titan that chased Sasha - terrifying! I felt so bad for her. I was really scared she was going to die for a minute there. These people really are some brave souls.

I'm really curious now. Not just about the secret of the titans, but also the motives of the humans who can turn into titans.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 3, 2013 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
Even if I hadn't read the Manga, seeing the "hints" in this episode really makes it noticeable compared to the manga.

DraconisMarch said:

LOL. Bullshit.

It's not "Bullshit" because if you fking wait until next episode it will be explained (not fully though, in a way it does), if it's not explained then you'd have to wait until a new season comes.

Well... in fairness, it doesn't get fully explained until about 10 chapters AFTER the point where the anime is expected to end off. But the clues are all here in this episode... astute viewers would now have enough information to figure out what actually happened.

Rokiebottom said:
FinalAvalanche said:

It doesn't start vaporizing immediately does it? IIRC from Hanji's intro, it started doing that like a second or two after it landed on her cloak... and in this case, that's about how long that blood was onscreen. Besides, regardless of whose it was, it would look weird if it was vaporizing as it was splattering around everywhere. If only as artistic license, it doesn't make sense for it to start smoking until it comes to rest.
Aug 3, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:

Fast, but not instant.

If it truly was FT's blood, then tell me Where did the blood come from?. Her fingers hadn't been cut anyway.
Aug 3, 2013 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
Narutotaku said:
Amarrez said:
OzkanTheFlip said:
can someone tell me what Armin was babbling about? When Jean was about to die Armin was yelling "avenge him that went rushing to his death!" "I saw my best friend under the foot of that titan!"... i don't get it

He was trying to fool the Female Titan into thinking that she had accidentally killed Eren.

not quite sure but I think he means his two senpais who were his comrades...i maybe wrong ~~

Armin deduced that the female titan was after Eren for some reason, and was also being incredibly careful to make sure of who it was she was killing. Therefore, Armin concluded that she was after Eren but didn't want to kill him, or at least not straight away.

Thus, he tried to trick her into thinking that Eren was dead, so that she would be confused and not continue through with her maneuver (grabbing Jean's wire and killing him).
Aug 3, 2013 9:53 PM
Jul 2013
Durbikins said:
RandyBoyz said:
The person that rated 1, please explain why.

To everyone that hands out 5's, please explain why.

the mouse cursor moves there automatically and it seems to always click it
Aug 3, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2012
SimmianPrime said:
Itermin8rX said:
The first 2 titans looked over the top ridiculous. I mean who designed those 'monsters'? 4Kids?

How do people still not understand that they're specifically designed by the author to look weird as fuck?

weird as fuck maybe, but not laughable.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 3, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
Reiner started hacking away at her palm/fingers as soon as he was pushed inside her hand, this is confirmed later.
Aug 3, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Rokiebottom said:

Yeah you are right, titan's blood doesn't vaporize instantly. Then Where did the blood come from? her fingers was still intact though

The palm? Could have sliced into, but not all the way through the palm, which wasn't clearly visible anyways in the camera angle they chose.
Aug 3, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2010
wakka9ca said:
AstralAxolotl said:

...And having said all that, if I turn out to be completely wrong, I'll be kind of embarrassed, lol.

Clearly, this made this too obvious. It wasn't exactly obvious like this in the manga, sigh.

It was actually exactly like this in the manga. Try again.
Aug 3, 2013 10:04 PM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
Reiner started hacking away at her palm/fingers as soon as he was pushed inside her hand, this is confirmed later.
fst said:

The palm? Could have sliced into, but not all the way through the palm, which wasn't clearly visible anyways in the camera angle they chose.

But It happened milliseconds after he got squeezed to pulp. If his response is that fast, he can't be a human.
Aug 3, 2013 10:06 PM

Mar 2013
Rokiebottom said:
Amarrez said:
fst said:

But It happened milliseconds after he got squeezed to pulp. If his response is that fast, he can't be a human.

He already had his blades out ready to go; it's like grabbing a hedgehog, how do you NOT get cut?
Aug 3, 2013 10:07 PM

Apr 2009
Rokiebottom said:
Amarrez said:
fst said:

Have you SEEN the response times of people in this show? You would need to have inhuman response times to be able to use 3DMG.

Also, let's keep in mind that this is Reiner we're talking about, not Mook #3821. He is the second strongest in the 104th, only behind Mikasa. If Mikasa cut her way out of the titan, no one would be surprised. Same deal here. Reiner is really strong.
Aug 3, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:

Because grabbing a guy with 2 three feet long blades leads to bleeding fingers. :v

Well, assume it as accident on titan then :P
Aug 3, 2013 10:08 PM
Jun 2009
Rokiebottom said:
dankickyou said:
Rokiebottom said:
Amarrez said:

Fast, but not instant.

If it truly was FT's blood, then tell me Where did the blood come from?. Her fingers hadn't been cut anyway.

He cut off 3 of her fingers....Are you fucking trolling? :/

sheesh dude, seriously I was asking why there was blood before Reiner cut them

There are 2 options:
- it is his blood and his injuries and he regenerates
- it is her blood and her injuries and she regenerates

either way, in this case, it does not really matter, as we clearly know they are both in it... whether one or the other was the one that "suffered" is just a technical detail... I have my opinion, but it is not worth arguing over.
Aug 3, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
Anyone know the song that starts at 21:25 when Reiner breaks free and grabs Armin? It sounds like another version of DOA.
[center]
Aug 3, 2013 10:21 PM

Aug 2011
Really good, well-paced episode. not enough levi tho

Damn I love Armin. I really hope he survives this whole thing.

I'm not even going to try speculating about the female titan because I'll end up confusing myself. I think I may have the slightest idea of who it is though. Or not. (kidding I'm pretty sure I know who it is)

I was really happy when Reiner managed to free himself, god that was cool.

All in all, excited for the next episode. I've got this feeling that Eren is going to unintentionally fuck up somehow. That's how I always feel about him though so it's probably nothing.
kstadtfeldAug 3, 2013 10:25 PM
Aug 3, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
Man this was intense, my heart was going to stop, the adrenaline was pumping the entire episode! We just witnessed how hard it is going against titans outside the walls, with no buildings! RIP Ness, and Siss.
I loved the scene when they went to long-range scouting formation! it was scary when that titan was following Sasha, I'm glad she got help!
Armin is really smart... also the dialogue scene with Armin, Jean, and Reiner when they were chasing the Female Titan was damn awesome!
The scene where they went against the Female Titan was crazy, that was very brave!
But in the end of the episode the Female Titan changed its path, now it's going to the center rear of the formation... it tells you something!
PhinalPhlashAug 6, 2013 8:36 AM
Aug 3, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2009
Wth was armin yelling about the last 5 minutes with the titan killing his best friend etc etc?

wth ? o _o
Aug 3, 2013 10:34 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. A female titan eh.

It's interesting that Reiner got out of it... but when he got out and carried Armin he has smoke on his back. Was it just the 3DMG gas or... something else?

Can't wait to see next episode. Looks like Eren will battle the female titan! Whoo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2011
Lulexiaa said:
Wth was armin yelling about the last 5 minutes with the titan killing his best friend etc etc?

wth ? o _o

Explained next episode I think.. (Can't remember)

was explained already.
TyrelAug 3, 2013 10:39 PM
Aug 3, 2013 10:36 PM

Apr 2013
Superb episode. I was impressed by the dynamic animation when the formation was presented. The fighting was entertaining as well. Jean is now my favorite character!

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler.
LunaAug 4, 2013 1:48 AM
Aug 3, 2013 10:37 PM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:
Lulexiaa said:

wth ? o _o

Explained next episode I think.. (Can't remember)

Armin is so smart that he can confuse both the female Titan and even the viewers themselves. Bravo!
The Art of Eight
Aug 3, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
Fiji said:
It's interesting that Reiner got out of it... but when he got out and carried Armin he has smoke on his back. Was it just the 3DMG gas or... something else?

Female titan's blood evaporating. Watch the action scene from episode 9 again and you'll notice the blood evaporating on Hanji's cloak and Levi's swords.
Aug 3, 2013 10:38 PM

Jun 2013
Lulexiaa said:

wth ? o _o

This has been explained so many times in this thread i'll just leave this here.

Amarrez said:

Aug 3, 2013 10:51 PM
Feb 2011
RagingMan said:
Lulexiaa said:

wth ? o _o

This has been explained so many times in this thread i'll just leave this here.

Amarrez said:

Not just that. He purposely yelled Jean's name first. Armin was spared which lead him to believe whoever is the Titan knew him. So he yelled Jean's name and this avenging stuff. And voilà, she stops herself from killing Jean upon hearing his name.
Aug 3, 2013 10:51 PM
Mar 2013
All the stills on the previous episodes have been paid back by this tenfold. Fucking amazing! Goosebumps almost the entire episode.

BRB to re-watch.
Aug 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
Wow this episode was intest! I was hyped throughout this entire episode. Attack on titan is back in action. Best episode in a while. The scene with Reiner at the end was definitely suspicious.

Definite 5/5 for this episode.
Aug 3, 2013 11:09 PM

May 2013
Lol when Reiner exploded and suddenly came back again. :D

IS it possible to squeeze all the other chapters in there remaining episode?

Mod Edit: Please do not double post.
LunaAug 4, 2013 1:45 AM
Aug 3, 2013 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
Cool animation but it was like boring
Aug 3, 2013 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
Another amazing episode!!! lol @ Reiner for ogling the female titans ass
Aug 3, 2013 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
and i'm still wondering why Reiner isnt dead ! she clearly crushed him and blood splattered over , when he came out he had some blood disappear as if it was regenerating , I'm probably thinking too much but i still dont buy he's alive if he was a normal human , anyways this shit is crazy am starting to suspect everyone of the squad to be a titan lmao even Sasha :P

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler.
LunaAug 4, 2013 1:49 AM
Aug 3, 2013 11:41 PM

Apr 2010
xin09 said:
IS it possible to squeeze all the other chapters in there remaining episode?

The manga is ongoing. What do you think?
Aug 3, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2008
Love the feel in this ep and DAT OST ;_; 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Things are starting to get interesting again
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Aug 4, 2013 12:04 AM
May 2013
Ncrdrg said:
Amarrez said:

Not just that. He purposely yelled Jean's name first. Armin was spared which lead him to believe whoever is the Titan knew him. So he yelled Jean's name and this avenging stuff. And voilà, she stops herself from killing Jean upon hearing his name.
I think the female titan would care less about killing Jean;
I always thought she only stopped for the "suicidal idiot" note.
Aug 4, 2013 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
Petra so KAWAII

Also, I'm confused about Armin yelling about avenging something.
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.